Unlike most other supports, his spells revolve around dealing physical damage, allowing his abilities to scale into the late game. His first ability, Poison Touch, is a spammable spell that greatly slows its target and then deals damage over time; out of all his abilities, Poison Touch is the only one that cannot pierce spell immunity. Shallow Grave prevents the target ally from dying under almost any circumstances for the next five seconds, allowing his teammates to survive impossible situations. Though it only prevents fatal damage and not disables such as stuns, it cannot be purged. Shadow Wave is a low-cooldown chain healing ability that deals damage to nearby enemies for each instance of healing, potentially allowing it to deal tremendous physical damage to enemies that are surrounded by Dazzle's allies. His ultimate, Weave, is a large armor bending ability that not only increases his allies' armor, but also decreases his enemies'. Possessing the ability to warp light and dark with his spells, Dazzle is a potent support hero who can prevent his allies from falling to the Nothl Realm, while hastening his foes' demise.
|Dazzle, the Shadow Priest|
|Play "Where my shadow falls, there falls my foe."|
|Role:||Support / Nuker / Disabler|
|Lore:||Each young acolyte to the Dezun order must complete a series of rites before becoming a shadow priest. The final rite, the rite of shades, is a harrowing spiritual journey through the Nothl Realm, an unpredictable domain from which not all visitants return. Of those who do, some return mad. Others return with strange aptitudes. But all who go there are changed by their experiences. Driven by the need for enlightenment, Dazzle was the youngest of his tribe ever to request the sacred ritual. At first the order refused him, saying he was too young. But Dazzle was not to be dissuaded. Sensing something special in the headstrong young acolyte, the elders relented. Dazzle drank down the sacred potion and sat by the fire while the rest of his tribe danced through the night. In this ethereal dimension of the Nothl Realm, the properties of light and dark are inverted. Thus his brilliant healing light, beautiful to our eye, is actually a sinister kind of evil; and the darkest deeds are done in a dazzling glow. The elders' intuition was prophetic: Dazzle returned to his people as a Shadow Priest like none seen before, with the power to heal as well as to destroy. Now he uses his gift to fight his enemies and help his friends.|
|Voice:||David Scully (Responses)|
- Poison Touch's projectile travels at a speed of 1300 and can be disjointed.
- Places a debuff on the target which lasts for 10.3 seconds. Depending on the skill level, different effects occur while the debuff is on:
- Level 1: 33% slow for 3 seconds, 14 damage per second for 7 seconds.
- Level 2: 33% slow for 2 seconds, 66% slow for 1 second, 20 damage per second for 7 seconds.
- Level 3: 33% slow for 1 second, 66% slow for 1 second, 100% slow for 1 second, 26 damage per second for 7 seconds.
- Level 4: 33% slow for 1 second, 66% slow for 1 second, stun for 1 second, 36 damage per second for 7 seconds.
- There is a 0.3 second delay between before the stun is applied/damage starts ticking, so that the slow of the second instance lasts 0.3 seconds longer.
- Deals damage in 1 second intervals, starting 3.3 seconds after the debuff is placed, resulting in 8 damage instances.
- This means that it starts dealing damage right as the 3rd instance of slow or stun expire.
- Can deal up to 112/160/208/288 ( 312/360/408/488) damage to the target (before reductions).
- Multiple instances of Poison Touch fully stack with each other. Only the stun debuff gets shared.
- Prevents the target's health from dropping below 1 for its duration. No damage can kill it for its duration, not even self-inflicted damage.
- The target is kept alive by having its minimum health set to 1. Damage taken is technically not reduced.
- However, it does not prevent Culling Blade from killing the target, as it ignores the Shallow Grave buff.
- It does not prevent the target from suiciding with Bloodstone either.
- Protects from all damage types and from HP Removal. This means it can save a hero from dying to False Promise's delayed damage.
- Shallow Grave prevents the shatter from Ice Blast to proc when below its threshold, saving the hero for its duration.
- When upgraded, Shallow Grave turns into a ground-targeted ability, meaning it does not need to be centered on an ally to cast.
- Therefore, targeting an empty area is possible as well, wasting the mana and cooldown.
- Graves all heroes (including illusions and clones) and creep-heroes within the area.
- Does not grave invulnerable or hidden units within the area.
- Shadow Wave has no bounce delay, so all targets are healed at the same time.
- Priority order: Hurt allied heroes > hurt allied non-hero units (includes illusions) > allied heroes > non-hero units.
- Regardless of the target, Dazzle is always healed without counting towards the number of bounces, effectively healing 4/5/6/7 units.
- The damage radius is centered around each healed unit. An enemy unit can get damaged by all healed units per cast.
- Can deal up to 320/500/720/980 ( 560/800/1080/1400) damage to a single unit (before reductions).
- Places a buff on allies and a debuff on enemies in the target area upon cast, so leaving or entering the area afterwards has no effect.
- Increases allies' armor and decreases enemies' armor by 0.75/1/1.25 in 1 second intervals, starting 1 second after the buff or debuff is placed.
- Increases or decreases armor by up to 18/24/30.
- Successive casts of Weave fully stack. Each cast places its own buff or debuff on the units, working fully independently from each other.
- Provides 575 radius ground vision at the targeted point for 3 seconds.
|+60 Shadow Wave Heal||25||-6s Poison Touch Cooldown|
|+25 Poison Touch DPS||20||+25 Movement Speed|
|+60 Damage||15||+100 Cast Range|
|+125 Health||10||+10 Intelligence|
- Upgrading health increases maximum health capacity and keeps the current health percentage.
- The attack damage is added as bonus attack damage, and therefore does not benefit illusions.
- The Shadow Wave talent also affects its area damage, not only its heal value.
- Iron Branch are cheap and provide cost-effective stats. They can be used to build into other useful items, or can be dropped in-lane to boost the healing power of a Tango.
- Two Clarityes allow Dazzle to replenish his mana in-lane, which in turn sustain his spell-casting. It is particularly important for Dazzle since his ability to restore allies' HP with Shadow Wave makes him a very powerful support in the laning stage.
- Healing Salve and Tango are important basic health regen items. They allow Dazzle to survive against enemy harass damage so that he is not forced to retreat out of lane and leave his lane partner vulnerable.
- Animal Courier should always be purchased at the beginning of the round by a support.
- Magic Stick gives Dazzle burst HP and mana regen, both of which are very important on a casting support. Staying alive long enough to cast one more spell in a fight can make a significant difference.
- Boots of Speed is crucial to purchase as early as possible on all heroes. In Dazzle's case, positioning is crucial for being able to cast his spells, and the additional movement speed allows him to chase down foes after inflicting them with Poison Touch.
- Urn of Shadows has great synergy with Dazzle's abilities. It provides extra strength for more HP, as well as a small amount of scaling mana regen that allows him to take advantage of his high intelligence growth. The Urn charges allow Dazzle to heal teammates alongside Shadow Wave, or to add more damage during ganks and fights.
- Magic Wand is a useful upgrade to Magic Stick, and can be completed from already-purchased Iron Branches. It provides extra attributes, important on a hard support, and gives Dazzle increased charge storage to greatly increase his survivability and longevity in fights.
- Arcane Boots is the best boots item to purchase for Dazzle. It improves the size of his mana pool, allowing him to cast more spells, and allows him to replenish the mana of himself and his teammates, further boosting his ability to support his team.
- Mekansm is an important support item that should always be purchased on one team member. It provides Dazzle with all-around attributes as well as armor, and allows him to further heal his teammates alongside Shadow Wave, lengthening their lifespans in fights.
- Observer Wards should be purchased regularly as a support. Providing map vision for your team greatly increases the amount of information they have with which to make gameplay decisions, allowing them to engage in fights on their terms or to avoid enemy ganks.
- Town Portal Scroll should be carried at all times. Dazzle's ability to turn the tide of teamfights, especially with a well-placed Shallow Grave, can literally save teammates' lives, which can make or break fights and even matches.
- Aether Lens is a good utility purchase that can be obtained through disassembling Arcane Boots. Besides improving the size of his mana pool, the item provides increased HP regen, ensuring that Dazzle's HP is always full. As Dazzle's spells greatly depend on positioning, boosting the cast range of his abilities allows him to much more easily protect his teammates, and prevents enemies from easily jumping on him when he moves in to cast.
- Medallion of Courage greatly synergizes with Dazzle's abilities, all of which deal Physical damage. It provides additional armor for survivability and scaling mana regen, while the active can work alongside Weave to further augment allies' armor or further debilitate that of his foes.
- Scythe of Vyse is a very powerful item to purchase on any support hero, gold permitting. It provides all-around attributes as well as a large amount of intelligence and mana regen, increasing Dazzle's overall resilience and ensuring that he will never run out of mana. The Hex allows him to hard-disable a target enemy at range, greatly improving his contribution to teamfights.
- Shiva's Guard is a good utility item that increases Dazzle's teamfight contribution. It provides Dazzle with a large amount of armor, boosting his survivability, as well as intelligence to increase the size of his mana pool. Freezing Aura reduces enemies' attack speed, debilitating their ability to harm Dazzle's team with physical attacks, while Arctic Blast deals damage and slows in an area around Dazzle, stacking alongside Poison Touch and allowing teammates to more easily group around them for an offensively cast Shadow Wave.
- Aghanim's Scepter changes Shallow Grave a Target Area spell, as well as giving Dazzle all-around stats. The AoE Shallow Grave allows Dazzle to save multiple allies at once, which can be especially powerful against strong AoE team fight spells, such as Black Hole or Reverse Polarity.
- Pipe of Insight is a situationally strong utility item that further improves Dazzle's ability to protect his team. As he can already protect them against Physical damage with Weave, protecting them against Magical damage with Barrier will give the enemy very few openings with which to harm Dazzle's allies. The vastly improved HP regen and magic resistance also make Dazzle himself much harder to eliminate in fights, allowing him to always be ready to protect his teammates.
- Eul's Scepter of Divinity is a very strong utility item that can be obtained relatively cheaply. The improved intelligence and powerful scaling mana regen allow Dazzle to easily cast his spells whenever he needs to, while the improved base movement speed helps with positioning and chasing down or fleeing enemies. The active allows Dazzle to give himself temporary invulnerability while also purging debuffs from himself, or can be used to disable enemies while removing buffs, particularly if they are attempting to chase down and kill one of Dazzle's allies.
- Drum of Endurance is a cheap and easily built item that grants all-around stats. The aura boosts Dazzle's mobility and gives his team extra movement and attack speed in fights, and the active can further increase his teamfight contribution.
- Flying Courier should be purchased as soon as possible by a support, gold permitting. A flying courier is much harder to kill by the enemy, and can facilitate delivery of items to Dazzle's team much more quickly.
- Guardian Greaves can be upgraded from Arcane Boots and a purchased Mekansm. Besides eliminating the mana cost of the Mekansm component, Mend can instantly remove debuffs from Dazzle. The Guardian Aura greatly boosts the survival of Dazzle's team, particularly when they are at low health, giving Dazzle a larger window with which to cast Shallow Grave.
- Sentry Wards are important to purchase alongside Observer Wards, for taking away enemy map vision or spotting out invisible enemy heroes. Blinding the enemy to your team's movements allows you to use your spells to greater effect, particularly casting Weave on an unsuspecting enemy team.
- Ghost Scepter improves Dazzle's survivability in the face of overwhelming physical damage. Besides providing all-around attributes, it temporarily renders him immune to physical damage, allowing him to buy himself time to cast his spells.
- Glimmer Cape is a good utility item that helps Dazzle to further protect his teammates. Besides boosting his magic resistance slightly to provide survivability against magic nukes, using the active on a teammate who is being focused can buy them time to run away while greatly boosting their magic resistance. It can also be combined with Shallow Grave, greatly improving Dazzle's chances of successfully saving a teammate's life.
- Force Staff is a very strong support purchase that further augment's Dazzle's protective capabilities. It improves the size of Dazzle's mana pool while also providing HP regen for self-sustain. Besides allowing him to quickly re-position himself to cast his spells, casting the active on a fleeing teammate that is under the protection of Shallow Grave can immediately push them to safety, further guaranteeing their survival.
- Blink Dagger, while expensive, is an expensive but strong positioning item that greatly improves Dazzle's mobility. Being able to instantly jump in to cast Poison Touch or Shallow Grave greatly improves Dazzle's ganking prowess and ability to save teammates from death, and in a pinch can allow him to evade enemy attempts to kill him.
- Solar Crest, upgraded from Medallion of Courage, greatly improves the item's effectiveness in all areas. The increased mana regen further allows Dazzle to take advantage of his high intelligence growth, while the evasion component further improves allies' survivability against enemy auto-attacks.
- Rod of Atos is a strong utility support item that improves Dazzle's survivability and disabling potential. It greatly improves Dazzle's HP pool while also providing a large amount of intelligence to improve his mana pool. The active allows Dazzle to greatly slow enemies from long distance, and can be used before or after Poison Touch to severely restrict an enemy's movement speed for a long period of time.
- Necronomicon is an expensive but situationally strong utility purchase that improves Dazzle's teamfight and pushing contribution. The item improves Dazzle's strength and intelligence for more HP and mana, and summoning Necronomicon Warriors can give his team more physical damage output during fights, particularly as Dazzle can further improve their damage output with an enemy-targeted Weave.
- Lotus Orb allows Dazzle to further protect his teammates alongside his innate spells. The item increases Dazzle's armor, improving survivability, and gives him bonus HP and mana regen to provide self-sustain. Echo Shell allows Dazzle to dispel debuffs from a target ally and bounce enemy unit-targeted spells back against them. It can discourage enemies from casting spells against important allies, or can be combined with Shallow Grave to help improve survivability.
- Refresher Orb greatly improves the utility of Weave, as Dazzle can either instantly double its effects on allies or enemies, or place the buff and debuff simultaneously ahead of a major teamfight. As well, staggering the use of Weave can also allow Dazzle to double up on other powerful spells and items in teamfights, such as Shallow Grave. It also drastically improves Dazzle's mana regeneration, ensuring that he will never run out of mana to cast his spells.
- Under unusual situations, Dazzle can be played as a semi-carry, and utilize the "Dazzolator" build to stack armor shred items to inflict tremendous physical damage to the enemy.
- Power Treads is the most recommended boots item for the Dazzolator build. The increased attack speed allows Dazzle to better utilize his right-clicks for farming and fighting, while attribute switching can give him whatever attribute is required for the situation.
- Desolator is a relatively cheap item to purchase and greatly increases the lethality of Dazzle's physical attacks. Increasing his attack damage while also causing his attacks to reduce enemy armor allows Dazzle to make quick work of enemies, particularly when combined with an enemy-targeted Weave or Solar Crest.
- Dragon Lance is a useful supplement after acquiring Desolator. It improves Dazzle's strength, providing more HP for survivability, and increased damage and attack speed to make his physical attacks even more potent. The increased attack range combined with the attack speed allow Dazzle to "tag" multiple enemies with Desolator's armor reduction
- Assault Cuirass, while expensive, greatly increases Dazzle's offensive potential. By improving his attack speed, Dazzle can take advantage of his high intelligence growth to utilize his highly damaging physical attacks, while the armor greatly improves his physical survivability. The enemy armor reduction aura stacks alongside Weave, causing all allied physical attacks to deal tremendous damage.
- The current version of Dazzle was created in 6.39 (upon release, Weave was a regular ability while Shallow Grave was his ultimate), but there was another version of Dazzle, which was released in 6.00. However, this old version of the Shadow Priest only lasted for 3 version, as he was removed in 6.03. He was considered a "filler hero".
- Upon his release in 6.00, his name was Razzle, the Shadow Priest. His Title, Shadow Priest, and his abilities Shadow Word and Power Word are most likely a reference to the Priest, a playable class from World of Warcraft, a title from Blizzard Entertainment. The Priest class is able to assume a Shadow Form, turning it into a Shadow Priest and has several abilities named Shadow Word and Power Word, from which some have a similar effect to Razzle's spells.
Model and icons before November 21, 2013 Patch