Dazzle, the Shadow Priest, is a ranged intelligence hero who conjures dazzling dark light to heal his allies and prevent their deaths. His Shadow Wave is a low-cooldown nuke and chain healing ability, dealing more damage to nearby enemies for each ally the wave heals. Shallow Grave makes an ally temporarily unkillable, allowing Dazzle's teammates to survive impossible situations. Poison Touch is a spammable ability that slows its target and deals damage over time. His ultimate, Bad Juju, allows for all of his spells and items to be used more frequently, while also causing his spells to temporarily reduce his enemies' armor.
A hard support with little item dependence, Dazzle's Shadow Wave nevertheless gives him the option to farm or push waves when he needs to. He also scales well into the late game, as unlike most supports his spells deal physical damage, and all of them but Poison Touch pierces spell immunity. Loyal priest of the shining shadows, Dazzle will save you time and time again.
- Poison Touch's projectiles travel at a speed of 1300.
- Can hit units up to 1000 range away (starting radius + distance + end radius).
- The complete area is shaped like a cone in front of Dazzle.
- The area starts in front of Dazzle, and not at the primary target's position.
- Targets within the cone area are not chosen randomly. It chooses the closest valid targets to the primary target within the cone.
- Deals damage in 1 second intervals, starting 1 second after the debuff is placed, resulting in 4/5/6/7 damage instances.
- Can deal up to 64/140/240/364 ( 208/320/456/616) damage to each target when not refreshed (before reductions).
- The duration gets refreshed whenever a player or Roshan lands an attack on the debuffed unit. This means it does not get refreshed on missed attacks.
- Multiple instances of Poison Touch fully stack.
- Bad Juju effectively reduces cooldown to:
- Level 1: 19.98/17.76/15.54/13.32
- Level 2: 16.74/14.88/13.02/11.16
- Level 3: 13.5/12/10.5/9
- Prevents the target from dying by setting its minimum health to 1.
- This means the target cannot die to damage, not even damage flagged as HP removal, so that it prevents the target from dying to 's delayed damage.
- Does not protect the target against a lethal , or the expiring of .
- Stops from shattering the target when graved while below the shatter threshold.
- Damage taken is technically not reduced, so any damage event still registers the full damage.
- Bad Juju effectively reduces cooldown to:
- Level 1: 31.08/25.16/19.24/13.32
- Level 2: 26.04/21.08/16.12/11.16
- Level 3: 21/17/13/9
- Shadow Wave has no bounce delay, so all targets are healed at the same time.
- Priority order: Hurt allied heroes > hurt allied non-hero units (includes illusions) > allied heroes > non-hero units.
- The lower the health of nearby allies, the higher their priority gets. This means the lowest health units get healed first.
- If multiple units hit the exact same criteria (e.g. only full health non-hero units are nearby), it chooses between them randomly.
- Regardless of the target, Dazzle is always healed without counting towards the number of bounces, effectively healing 4/5/6/7 units.
- The damage radius is centered around each healed unit. An enemy unit can get damaged by all healed units per cast.
- Can deal up to 320/500/720/980 ( 640/900/1200/1540) damage to a single unit (before reductions).
- With basic dispel on all hit allies. , applies a
- Bad Juju effectively reduces cooldown to:
- Level 1: 10.36/8.88/7.4/5.92
- Level 2: 8.68/7.44/6.2/4.96
- Level 3: 7/6/5/4
- Stacks multiplicatively with other sources cooldown reduction.
- Reduces armor of enemies before the triggering spell resolves.
- Affects invisible units and units in the Fog of War. Does not affect invulnerable or hidden enemies.
- Does not affect .
- Does not trigger on active item abilities, on spells with 0 cooldown, or on spells which do not trigger on-cast effects.
- Places one debuff on enemies. This debuff gets stronger when it gets refreshed with successive casts.
- A number on the icon shows how many times the debuff was refreshed, including the first cast.
- With instant attacks on 3 enemies within 1200 radius around him whenever he casts a spell (compatible with Ability Draft).
, causes Dazzle to perform
- Does not target wards, buildings, invisible units, or units inside the Fog of War, but does target attack immune units, and couriers.
- Chooses the closest targets to Dazzle, prioritizing heroes. Treats creep-heroes as heroes.
- These instant attacks can proc any attack modifier and on-hit effects normally.
|+36DPS||20||+30 Movement Speed|
|+35 Attack Speed||15||+150 Cast Range|
|+1.75 Mana Regen||10||+50 Damage|
- Increased cast range from 550/700/850/1000 to 700/800/900/1000.
- Rescaled duration from 5 on each level to 4/4.5/5/5.5.
- Reduced cooldown from 60/46/32/18 to 42/34/26/18.
- Old: instantly attacks up to 8 random enemies within a 800 radius around him whenever he casts a ability.
- New: Increases basic dispel on allies. heal by 60, damage by 80, and causes it to apply a
upgrade for :
- instantly attacks the 3 closest enemies 1200 radius around him whenever he casts an ability, prioritizing heroes.
- Level 15 left talent changed: +30 attack speed. heal/damage ➜ +35
- Level 10 left talent: +1.5 mana regen increased to +1.75.
- Level 15 left talent: +24 heal/damage increased to +30.
- Level 25 left talent: +0.4 armor reduction increased to +0.5.
- Level 10 left talent: +2 mana regen reduced to +1.5.
- Level 10 right talent: +60 attack damage reduced to +50.
- Level 15 left talent: +30 heal/damage reduced to +24.
- Level 15 right talent: +200 cast range reduced to +150.
- Level 20 left talent: +45 damage per second reduced to +36.
- Level 20 right talent: +40 movement speed reduced to +30.
- Level 25 left talent: +0.5 armor reduction reduced to +0.4.
- Level 25 right talent: +40% movement speed slow reduced to +32%.
- allows Dazzle to survive against enemy harass damage so that he is not forced to retreat out of lane and leave his lane partner vulnerable.
- also restores health to Dazzle or allies.
- provides cost-effective attributes. It can build into Magic Wand, or combines with Tango for more health regeneration.
- allows Dazzle to replenish his mana in lane, which in turn sustain his spell-casting, most importantly Shadow Wave to heal his ally.
- provides map vision and information to make gameplay decisions, allowing teammates to engage in fights on their terms or to avoid enemy ganks.
- gives Dazzle burst health and mana. Staying alive long enough to cast one more spell in a fight can make a significant difference.
- is crucial to purchase as early as possible on all heroes. In Dazzle's case, positioning is crucial for being able to cast his spells, and the additional movement speed allows him to chase down foes after inflicting them with Poison Touch.
- has great synergy with Dazzle's abilities. It provides its fair bit of cost-effective stats. The Urn charges allow Dazzle to heal teammates alongside Shadow Wave, or to add more damage during ganks and fights.
- , assembled from earlier Magic Stick and Iron Branch, provides extra attributes and charge storage to increase Dazzle survivability and longevity in fights.
- greatly synergizes with Dazzle's abilities, all of which deal physical damage. It provides additional armor for survivability and scaling mana regeneration, while the active can work alongside Bad Juju to further augment allies' armor or further debilitate that of his foes.
- improves the size of his mana pool, allowing him to use more abilities, and allows him to replenish the mana of himself and his teammates, further boosting his ability to support his team.
- provides Dazzle with all-around attributes as well as armor, and allows him to further heal his teammates alongside Shadow Wave, lengthening their lifespans in fights.
- , upgraded from Medallion of Courage, improves the item's effectiveness in all areas. The increased mana regen further allows Dazzle to take advantage of his high intelligence growth, while the increased attack and movement speed is extremely helpful for allied carries.
- , upgraded from Urn of Shadows, provides more useful bonuses like movement speed and health, as well as granting the ability to reduce the health regen of targets.
- , upgraded from Arcane Boots and , restores health and mana to allies and removes debuffs from Dazzle. The Guardian Aura greatly boosts the survival of Dazzle's team, particularly when they are at low health, giving Dazzle a larger window with which to use Shallow Grave.
- increases Dazzle's armor, improving survivability, and gives him bonus health and mana regeneration for self-sustain. Echo Shell lets Dazzle dispel debuffs from a target ally and bounce enemy unit-targeted abilities back against them. It may discourage enemies from casting spells against important allies, or can be combined with Shallow Grave to help improve survivability.
- s are important to purchase alongside Observer Wards, for taking away enemy map vision or spotting out invisible enemy heroes.
- takes advantage of Bad Juju's cooldown reduction to increase uptime of the summons, helping Dazzle in ganks and pushes. Their attacks also work to refresh Poison Touch.
- improves Dazzle's survivability in the face of overwhelming physical damage. Besides providing all-around attributes, it temporarily renders him immune to physical damage, allowing him to buy himself time to cast his spells.
- is a good utility item that helps Dazzle to further protect his teammates. Besides boosting his magic resistance slightly to provide survivability against magic nukes, using the active on a teammate who is being focused can buy them time to run away while greatly boosting their magic resistance. It can also be combined with Shallow Grave, greatly improving Dazzle's chances of successfully saving a teammate's life.
- is a very strong support purchase that further augment's Dazzle's protective capabilities. It improves the size of Dazzle's mana pool while also providing HP regen for self-sustain. Besides allowing him to quickly re-position himself to cast his spells, casting the active on a fleeing teammate that is under the protection of Shallow Grave can immediately push them to safety, further guaranteeing their survival.
- is a very strong utility item that can be obtained relatively cheaply. The improved intelligence and powerful scaling mana regen allow Dazzle to easily cast his spells whenever he needs to, while the improved base movement speed helps with positioning and chasing down or fleeing enemies. The active allows Dazzle to give himself temporary invulnerability while also dispelling debuffs from himself, or can be used to disable enemies while removing buffs, particularly if they are attempting to chase down and kill one of Dazzle's allies.
- is a cheap and easily built item that grants all-around attributes. The active gives his team extra movement and attack speed in fights.
- is a situationally strong utility item that further improves Dazzle's ability to protect his team. The vastly improved health regeneration and magic resistance also make Dazzle himself much harder to eliminate in fights, allowing him to always be ready to protect his teammates.
- root enemies from long distance. is a strong utility support item that improves Dazzle's survivability and disabling potential. It greatly improves Dazzle's HP pool while also providing a large amount of intelligence to improve his mana pool. The active allows Dazzle to
- is a good utility item that increases Dazzle's teamfight contribution. It provides Dazzle with a large amount of armor, boosting his survivability, as well as intelligence to increase the size of his mana pool. Freezing Aura reduces enemies' attack speed, debilitating their ability to harm Dazzle's team with physical attacks, while Arctic Blast deals damage and slows in an area around Dazzle, stacking alongside Poison Touch and allowing teammates to more easily group around them for an offensively cast Shadow Wave.
- is a very powerful item to purchase on any support hero, gold permitting. It provides all-around attributes as well as a large amount of intelligence and mana regen, increasing Dazzle's overall resilience and ensuring that he will never run out of mana. The Hex allows him to hard-disable a target enemy at range, greatly improving his contribution to teamfights.
- combos greatly with all of Dazzles capabilities, as it empowers Bad Juju already impressive cool down reduction, almost enabling Dazzle to have Shallow Grave with constant readiness, not to mention it stacks of Poison Touch, more frequent healing and damage with Shadow Wave, and armor reduction; plus the life stealing spell damage.
|Roles:||Support Nuker Disabler|
|Playstyle:||A journey to the Nothl realm changes all its visitors, not least of which Dazzle, a young acolyte of the Dezun order. Consecrated as a Shadow Priest, Dazzle sends outs Shadow Waves to mend and maim. Foes are crippled by his Poison Touch, while allies are blessed with Shallow Grave, cheating death no matter how severe their injuries. Enemies within earshot of his incantations feel their bodies weaken, for those who cross Dazzle are invariably afflicted with an eternity of Bad Juju.|
- Dazzle's weapon is based on the khakkhara, a type of staff carried by Buddhist priests.
- The current version of Dazzle was created in 6.39 (upon release, Weave was a regular ability while Shallow Grave was his ultimate), but there was another version of Dazzle, which was released in 6.00. However, this old version of the Shadow Priest only lasted for 3 version, as he was removed in 6.03. He was considered a "filler hero".
- Upon his release in 6.00, his name was Razzle, the Shadow Priest. His Title, Shadow Priest, and his abilities Shadow Word and Power Word are most likely a reference to the Priest, a playable class from World of Warcraft, a title from Blizzard Entertainment. The Priest class is able to assume a Shadow Form, turning it into a Shadow Priest and has several abilities named Shadow Word and Power Word, from which some have a similar effect to Razzle's spells.
Model and icons before November 21, 2013 Patch