- negates Dark Willow's high magic burst damage.
- allows Anti-Mage to dodge Terrorize during its long cast animation, as well as avoiding the obstacles from Bramble Maze. On the other hand, if Anti-Mage gets caught inside Bramble Maze, he's unable to Blink away.
- Dark Willow's chained magic burst requires a lot of mana, setting her up for damaging s.
- forces Dark Willow to attack, cancelling Shadow Realm.
- 's constant AoE damage will hit Dark Willow even in Shadow Realm. Its automatic damage will hurt her if she tries to get close and use Bedlam.
- can hit Dark Willow beyond a defensive Bramble Maze, and before she gets close enough to hit Drow Ranger with Bedlam.
- Drow Ranger's long range allows her to hit Dark Willow's team without venturing into her Bramble Maze.
- blocks Dark Willow's magical burst damage, and harms her if she tries to get close to attack with Bedlam.
- and makes it hard for Dark Willow to fully disable Ember Spirit.
- makes Huskar much more resilient to Dark Willow's magic damage, and prevents her from ever dealing fatal burst damage to him.
- ignores Bramble Maze's obstacles, forcing Dark Willow to use Shadow Realm early.
- dispels most of Dark Willow's abilities, allowing Juggernaut to pass through Bramble Maze and cancel out Cursed Crown before the stun occurs.
- protects and dispels all of Dark Willow's abilities.
- Nyx Assassin's high burst damage can be the bane of Dark Willow, as her low health makes it difficult to survive long enough to escape through Shadow Realm.
- can be triggered by walking deliberately into Bramble Maze, leaving Dark Willow stunned and defenseless.
- renders an ally completely immune to all of Dark Willow's abilities, allowing carries to charge into teamfights without worrying about Bramble Maze or Terrorize.
- dispels Cursed Crown.
- 's constant strong dispel removes Dark Willow's disables.
- All of Puck's abilities are area-targeted, and will hit Dark Willow when she uses Shadow Realm.
- allows Puck to bypass Bramble Maze, close the gap and silence Dark Willow with .
- helps Puck dodge attacks charged by Shadow Realm, and is easily timed against Terrorize's long cast time..
- and hits Dark Willow even when she uses Shadow Realm.
- reduces Dark Willow's magic burst damage.
- prevents Dark Willow from using her close-range bursts with Bedlam.
- lets Riki jump past Bramble Maze.
- and have the range to hit Dark Willow beyond Bramble Maze.
- renders Dark Willow useless in teamfights.
- allow Storm Spirit to bypass Bramble Maze, and zip back into battle if he gets hit by Terrorize.
- Heroes who can silence will shut down Dark Willow entirely: , ,
- Heroes with high burst damage and can take down Dark Willow quickly: , ,
- protects players against Dark Willow's early game burst damage.
- can be activated immediately after Cursed Crown is cast to teleport out before the stun hits.
- greatly reduces Dark Willow's magical damage.
- reduces Dark Willow's magical damage, and can be activated just before Cursed Crown's stun to avoid follow-up damage.
- helps ranged heroes attack over Bramble Maze.
- reflects Dark Willow's burst damage to her, killing her quickly due to her low health.
- completely negates most of Dark Willow's spells, protecting the caster against her disables.
- will not only silence her, but allow allies to make short work of Dark Willow's low health.
- 's creep helps tank Bedlam.
- Bramble Maze greatly hinders Bloodseeker's ability to run around in teamfights and pick off dying allies.
- Shadow Realm prevents Bloodseeker from attacking dark Willow, allowing her to safely teleport away.
- Terrorize forces Faceless Void out of .
- Terrorize forces Monkey King out of .
- Casting Bramble Maze on top of Meepo guarantees a stun, as it is nearly impossible to leave the thorns with all of Meepo's clones.
- Bramble Maze stops in its tracks. Its very long duration means it can be used as an obstacle to block off an incoming Spirit Break during teamfights.
- Shadow Realm and Bedlam can be activated when Dark Willow sees coming, preventing Spirit Breaker from using after the initial stun.
- Bramble Maze prevents Timbersaw from ing away without getting rooted.
- Cursed Crown can still catch Timbersaw if he s away.
- offers little protection against Dark Willow's high magical damage.
- Dark Willow's burst damage and stun prevents Troll Warlord from approaching her until he has .
- Troll Warlord's lack of burst damage makes it hard for him to kill Dark Willow before she slips into Shadow Realm.
- does not protect Windranger from Cursed Crown's stun or Dark Willow's magical nukes.
- cannot target Dark Willow in Shadow Realm and will be interrupted if targeted earlier, wasting the ultimate.
Works well with...
- can place enemies inside or onto Bramble Maze.
- Enemies caught in Bramble Maze are easy pickings for all of Ember Spirit's AoE damage abilities.
- Cursed Crown and Bramble Maze long disable time helps Invoker land abilities like .
- Cursed Crown and Bramble Maze can help Juggernaut get early kills in lane with .
- Bramble Maze helps Lina land , and prevents enemies from escaping other nukes.
- Cursed Crown's delayed stun helps Mirana aim and land s.
- and are useful when chasing after Terrorized enemies.
- Terrorized enemies' linear retreat make them ideal targets for the effect paths of and .
- Bramble Maze prevents enemies from fleeing 's damage and stun radius.
- Terrorize can save Phoenix during , if the enemy team decides to attack the egg instead of running away.
- Terrorize can force a group of enemies to break , stunning them and causing them to take extra damage.
- and synergize with Bramble Maze to dominate the battlefield in Warlock's favor.
- lets Weaver to pass through multiple enemies hindered by Bramble Maze, and catch up to Terrorized enemies.
- Beetles to latch onto all enemies affected by Terrorize. 's linear path allows the
- Heroes who deal high damage while moving can kill Terrorized enemies just by running alongside them: , ,
- Heroes fast enough to chase down Terrorized enemies as they run away can take advantage of the situation to deal more damage: , , , ,
- Heroes who create obstacles during teamfights synergize well with Bramble Maze, and the forced movement from Terrorize: ,