Mireska Sunbreeze, the Dark Willow, is a ranged intelligence hero with a powerful array of disables and nukes. She can summon a tangle of thorns to root enemies in her Bramble Maze, or curse an enemies to stun them after a delay with Cursed Crown. Slipping into the Shadow Realm to avoid attacks, she re-emerges with a powerful magical burst. Calling upon her companion Jex, Dark Willow dishes out a flurry of heavy magic damage, and sends her enemies fleeing in fear with Terrorize. This wide arsenal of disables and nukes allows her gank, roam, and support with equal efficiency, making her indispensable in teamfights.
- The visual effects and the sound during the 0.5 second effect delay are only visible and audible to allies.
- The projectile launched upon cast has only cosmetic purposes, and does not affect the delay.
- The brambles are always placed in the same formation.
- 4 brambles are placed 200 range away from the center of the target area, towards north, east, south, and west.
- 4 brambles are placed 500 range away from the center of the target area, towards north-east, south-east, south-west, and north-west.
- The brambles spawn in 0.075 second intervals, starting 0.5 seconds after cast, so it takes 1.025 seconds for all brambles to spawn.
- The inner circle spawns first, starting with the east bramble, going counter-clockwise. The outer circle starts with the north-east bramble.
- Each bramble is inactive for 0.1 seconds after spawning.
- A bramble roots the first enemy unit which comes within 90 range of it, after which it then disappears.
- Deals 50 damage in 0.5 second intervals, starting 0.5 seconds after the buff is applied, resulting in 2/3/4/5 instances.
- Can deal a total of 100/150/200/250 damage to the target (before reductions).
- The Brambles' duration starts running after the initial creation delay. This means the last bramble disappears 16.025 seconds after cast.
- Multiple instances of the debuff fully stack. Each bramble places its own independent debuff.
- Leveling the spell up while there are still brambles on the field does not update the root duration of those brambles.
- Does not interrupt channeling spells upon cast.
- Shadow Realm disjoints projectiles upon cast.
- During Shadow Realm, Dark Willow cannot be targeted by attacks and single-target spells.
- Any attack or spell targeting Dark Willow which is already in its its attack or cast animation gets canceled.
- Due to this, Dark Willow cannot target herself with her own items either.
- Does not prevent Spell Reflection from reflecting spells back at her.
- During Shadow Realm, every spell treats Dark Willow as if she is invisible with immunity to True Sight.
- Dark Willow is phased during Shadow Realm, allowing her to pass through units.
- When cast while attacking an enemy, Dark Willow is ordered to stop, so that the attack out of Shadow Realm is not wasted.
- However, when she is given an attack order while outside attack range, casting Shadow Realm while she moves does not stop her from attacking immediately.
- Casting spells or items during Shadow Realm does not end it, only attacking does.
- The Shadow Realm buff is lost upon launching an attack. Upon launch, Dark Willow gets the attack logic buff, which is responsible for the damage.
- This buff disappears upon hitting the target, or within 3 seconds, whichever is shorter.
- This means if the projectile flies for more than 3 seconds, the damage is not applied.
- The buff responsible for the damage is lost on death, so when dying before projectile hit negates the damage.
- The buff only works for the attack that created it. Any other projectiles launched afterwards do not apply the bonus damage.
- The damage increases by 1.2/2/2.8/3.6 ( 4.2/5/5.8/6.6) on each server tick (0.03 seconds), reaching its maximum in 3 seconds.
- The damage stops growing as soon as the attack is launched. It does not continue to grow while flying towards the target.
- The damage is dealt in a separate instance and is not added to Dark Willow's attack damage.
- The sound and visual effect during the delay on the target is audible and visible to everyone.
- The visual effect indicates the area to be affected on each second.
- Turning invulnerable or hidden does not prevent the debuff from affecting the area around the target.
- Provides 325 radius ground vision around the target upon applying the stun. No vision is granted during the delay.
- Bedlam and Terrorize are linked abilities; leveling up one automatically levels up the other as well.
- Interrupts Dark Willow's channeling spells upon cast.
- While active, Terrorize is inactive and cannot be cast.
- Bedlam is inactive when Terrorize is being cast, and stays inactive until Jex fully returned to Dark Willow after terrorizing enemies.
- On cast, Jex always appears on the west side and rotates clockwise around Dark Willow.
- Jex rotates around Dark Willow at a speed of 837.76, taking 1.5 seconds to finish a rotation.
- This results in 2.67 rotations over the whole duration.
- On each attack, Jex chooses a visible random target within range. There are no priorities. Does not attack buildings or wards.
- The attack radius is centered on Jex. A light pink glow surrounds it, indicating the attack area.
- Jex continues attacking even when Dark Willow is disabled. It stops only when she dies, or when expiring.
- Jex' attacks are not regular attacks. They are treated like a spell, and thus do not interact with any on attack effects.
- This means that spell damage amplification and spell lifesteal does work with it. Dark Willow is the damage source.
- The attack projectiles traveling at a speed of 1400.
- With its 0.25 second attack rate, it can attack up to 16 times.
- With the current attack rate and damage, it can deal up to 240/560/880 damage per second to a single hero.
- Can deal up to 960/2240/3520 damage to a single unit (before reductions).
- Recasting Bedlam before the previous cast finishes refreshes the duration.
- The spell itself provides no vision, but Jex itself has 600 ground vision which he provides the whole time.
- Terrorize and Bedlam are linked abilities; leveling up one automatically levels up the other as well.
- Terrorize is inactive during Bedlam.
- Terrorize is also inactive when Terrorize is being cast, and stays inactive until Jex fully returned to Dark Willow after terrorizing enemies.
- This means Terrorize cannot be cast again until Jex returned from a previous cast.
- Jex travels to the target point at a speed of 2000, and returns to Dark Willow at a speed of 500.
- The visual effect at the target area during the cast time/effect delay is visible to allies only. The sound is audible to everyone.
- The effect delay of Terrorize begins immediately upon cast. This means, for Dark Willow, it effectively has no delay, due to the equally long cast time.
- However, for Rubick, who has an instant cast time for this spell, the delay does matter.
- Applies Fear on all hit enemies within the radius, forcing them to run towards their team's fountain, while preventing them from acting.
- When hitting neutral creeps, they retreat to their camps instead.
- Provides shared vision over all hit enemies for its duration. Affects invisible units, but does not provide True Sight.
- The spell itself provides no vision, but Jex has 600 ground vision which he provides the whole time.
|+1 Terrorize Duration||25||+200 Attack Speed|
|+300 Shadow Realm Max Damage||20||10% Spell Lifesteal|
|+40 Movement Speed||15||+90 Gold/Min|
|+125 Cast Range||10||+20 Damage|
- Gold granted from the talent is unreliable gold.
- The spell lifesteal talent stacks additively with other sources of spell lifesteal.
- Clarity helps Dark Willow play more aggressively in the early game.
- Tango supplements Dark Willow's low natural health.
- Healing Salve restores health to keep Dark Willow alive.
- Iron Branch combines with Tango to heal more, or builds into Magic Wand.
- Enchanted Mango restores mana for Dark Willow to use abilities in the early game, or builds into Magic Wand.
- Observer Ward provides vision on the enemies so Dark Willow and allies can gank.
- Animal Courier ferries items to teammates.
- Boots of Speed is needed on all heroes.
- Wind Lace helps Dark Willow keep up with enemies during ganks.
- Magic Stick can save Dark Willow in an emergency.
- Magic Wand gives Dark Willow a quick mana and health heal.
- Arcane Boots help Dark Willow use her magical nukes more often, as she has five active abilities with high mana costs.
- Eul's Scepter of Divinity allows you gank effectively and follow up with a Bramble Maze or a Cursed Crown, providing a strong lockdown. Cursed Crown can be placed on the enemy before Eul's, giving 6 seconds of disable. Eul's also synergizes with Shadow Realm, giving Dark Willow 7.5 total seconds of untargetability.
- Blink Dagger helps Dark Willow get close to enemies to land as many Bedlam hits as possible, and allows her to get behind enemies for Terrorize. If trying to escape from enemies, a fully channeled Shadow Realm may allow Dark Willow to bypass the 3-second disable and blink to safety.
- Veil of Discord gives a core Dark Willow high damage and kill potential with her own nukes. It also provides a healthy combination of defensive stats through laning phase and midgame.
- Scythe of Vyse provides a large damage boost and good amount of defensive stats as well as a strong undispellable single-target lockdown to complement her natural AoE lockdown.
- Guardian Greaves protects Dark Willow from counterattacks when she is ganking with Bedlam.
- Kaya increases Dark Willow's burst damage, and reduces some of her high mana costs. It is also very cost-effective for a support to purchase.
- Maelstrom's passive triggers often after Dark Willow has selected her level 25 attack speed bonus talent.
- Phase Boots can be considered to keep up with enemies while using Bedlam. During laning phase, a core Dark Willow can use the damage to harass effectively.
- Bottle facilitates runes control, offsetting the high mana cost of Dark Willow's abilities.
- Force Staff helps Dark Willow stay next to enemies during Bedlam, or push an enemy with Cursed Crown into their team as an initiation or when chasing.
- Shadow Blade allows Dark Willow to strike enemies continuously with Bedlam without retaliation.
- Spirit Vessel makes Dark Willow more durable, and its active adds to her nuke damage.
- Rod of Atos keeps enemies within range of Bedlam.
- Mjollnir's passive triggers very often with Dark Willow picks her level 25 attack speed bonus talent, and its active dissuades her targets from counterattacking during gank.
- Linken's Sphere protects Dark Willow from disables, which can quickly kill her in the late game.
- Aeon Disk protects the fragile Dark Willow from high damage nukes and initiations. It also gives Dark Willow 2.5 seconds to cast all of her abilities in a teamfight or disengage safely.
- Boots of Travel in combination with Shadow Realm allow Dark Willow to teleport and split-push safely.
|Roles:||Support Nuker Disabler Escape|
|Playstyle:||Mireska Sunbreeze is a devious rebel for whom deceit and backstabbing are but business norms. Her Fae heritage lets her to slip into the Shadow Realm, avoiding attacks while entrapping victims in a thorny Bramble Maze. She lays a Cursed Crown on her foes, stunning them no matter where they run. The Dark Willow's companion wisp is no less to fear. Jex circles its mistress, creating total Bedlam before tapping into primal fears to Terrorize enemies into submission.|
- Dark Willow is sometimes labeled in the game files as Sylph and Fairy, her early working names.
- Dark Willow's accent has some Celtic influences, particularly Irish and Welsh.