|is a semi-support hero, most focused on AoE Battles. He is able to farm safely due to which can also be used to damage his enemies. He can make himself and his allies reach incredible speeds with , along with using and in conjuction with each other to initiate and deal damage using the enemies' own power.|
You can use Ion Shell on melee creeps to hopefully score last hits and harass enemy heroes. You also have great survivability due to the bonus movement speed provided by Surge. If your lane is not going well, you can always fall back on farming the jungle with Ion Shell on yourself or a neutral creep. With some items likeand , you help teammates dominate any teamfights as long as you can land Vacuum into Wall of Replica, dealing great damage and positioning your enemies in a disadvantageous situation. As always, you continue to apply pressure on multiple lanes with Ion Shell on creeps, threatening to put your creep waves near enemy towers for much of the game, so enemy heroes will not have much opportunity to make rotations for fear of losing towers and map control.
|Offlane Dark Seer|
|+25%Illusion Damage||15||Provides 350 Max Health|
Tips & Tactics
- If laning, be sure to harass enemies with Ion Shell by placing it on their melee creeps (for melee heroes) or ranged creeps (for ranged heroes). Additionally, placing Ion Shell on the second allied melee creep to arrive at the creep line is a good way to push the lane as well as create a moving damage-dealing creep that chases enemy heroes. This can make it hard for the enemy carry to last hit, as they have to do it under the tower and while taking damage from creep aggro and Ion Shell at the same time.
- Dark Seer can farm rapidly in lane and jungle thanks to Ion Shell. To jungle, stack the hard and medium camps several times, and then place an Ion Shell on one of the lesser creeps. The shell should clear out the whole camp (including the stacks). Do this repeatedly to accumulate a large sum of gold. However, be sure to stay within experience range.
- Use Vacuum before Wall of Replica to disable them. If you use wall first, the enemies may have a little more time to react.
- Use Vacuum to move enemy targets toward Wall of Replica or your allies.
- Area abilities, especially those that require positioning, greatly benefit from Vacuum, as it can place all of them together to ensure a hit.
- Due to Vacuum being able to clump up a large group of enemies fast, and Ion Shell's high damage output considering enemies are affected by it for a longer while, they permit Dark Seer to synergize extremely well with area abilities like or to maximize area damage and maybe turn the tide in battle.
- Use Vacuum to destroy trees to reveal hiding enemy heroes when you are ganking or pushing towers.
- When chasing, self-cast Ion Shell and run next to the enemy without attacking, using Surge if the enemy is faster. Even better, use Surge to body-block enemy heroes (that is, get in front of them to hinder their movement) and deal damage with physical attacks without moving out of range of the Ion Shell.
- In order to push, you want to put Ion Shell on the second and third melee creeps since the first melee creep will likely die first from attacks of enemy ranged creeps, taking Ion Shell away.
- Ion Shell's damage stacks if you place them on different units. In other words, using Ion Shell on two different melee creeps will push the wave faster than using Ion Shell on one creep. Similarly, placing Ion Shell on two allies and have them engage the target may produce a kill in less time.
- Use Surge on , allowing it to get out of danger or finish its delivery faster.
- Surge's haste makes it hard for the enemies to lock down Dark Seer as they cannot slow him, so he can push or farm safely.
- Use Surge on yourself before initiating teamfights since it may help you find a good spot to blink from.
- Use Surge on allies to help them escape or catch up with enemies as well.
- Use Vacuum on enemy heroes to send them through Wall of Replica, creating illusions of them, as well as slowing them.
- Dark Seer can control the illusions to attack certain enemies that your team wants to take out first.
- Try to draw the wall along the escape path of the enemies to keep slowing them.
- sustains health in the laning stage.
- restores health to stay in lane.
- sustains mana to use Ion Shell.
- boosts Dark Seer's attributes, builds up to a and/or later on and can be paired with for more healing.
- gives health regeneration and can restore mana in a pinch, before Dark Seer acquires .
- gives burst health and mana in a pinch.
- covers most of your mana issues and allows you to constantly use Ion Shell in order to harass your lane opponents and get some last hits.
- gives mobility for chasing or running away.
- gives mana regeneration and absorbs some magical damage.
- sustains health and mana in fights.
- allows you to pull off Vacuum combos by yourself. Also, gives you an additional controllable unit to use Ion Shell on to fight or to push out waves.
- increase your mana pool and allow you to restore your teammates' mana.
- intelligence gain means he will generally have enough mana to use the heal. adds to Dark Seer's teamfight effectiveness and increases durability. Also his decent
- can help you positioning to place a better vacuum wall combo.
- allows you to be at any lane for a gank, countergank, or push in seconds.
- restores both health and mana to team; the health regeneration and armor aura works better on wounded allies.
- grants you more punch to your Vacuum and Wall of Replica initiation, and gives you armor and intelligence.
- removes debuffs from Dark Seer or an ally, as well as granting Echo Shell to reflect spells.
- changes position of Dark Seer or any heroes.
- grants you and your allies protection from magical damage.
- can protect your team from physical attacks in teamfights.
- allows more AoE crowd control with reduced Vaccum cooldown and the increased wall length zones out the enemy more.
- should be considered to counter high physical damage dealers, ensuring your survival to use abilities.
- guarantees your initiation with spell immunity to ward off almost all disables.
- grants mana regeneration and Hex to completely nullify an enemy hero from using abilities or attacking.
- allows you to use your abilities and items twice in a row if needed.
- for dealing more magical damage combined with ion shell and 17% miss chance combined with your evasion.
- will restore your health because of your AoE magical damage abilities and lower cooldowns for better influence in fight.