Ish'kafel, the Dark Seer, is a melee intelligence hero who relies on his abilities' potent utility and synergy. In lane he is sustained by high armor and enabled by his Ion Shell and Surge. Surge boosts his or an ally's speed, helping them to escape or pursue opponents. Ion Shell wraps a unit in a spiky shield that rapidly damages nearby enemies, enabling Ish'kafel to harass and gain last hits. These abilities also make him an efficient jungler and therefore a natural semi-carry, usually focused on building utility items.
Dark Seer's greatest damage is done during teamfights and comes from the combination of his final two abilities. Vacuum makes for powerful initiations. It sucks in nearby enemies, briefly disabling them and making them susceptible to area of effect spells—such as his Wall of Replica. The wall slows his foes and creates replicas of any enemy heroes that cross it, high-damage illusions that Dark Seer can control. A subtle hero, Ish'kafel's dark energies can be deadly in the right hands.
- The pull duration always takes 0.3/0.4/0.5/0.6 seconds, no matter how far or close the units are from the center, so the speed varies.
- The damage is applied upon losing the debuff, so that dispelling it causes it to happen earlier.
- Affected units are fully disabled during the pull.
- Can pull units over impassable terrain.
- Fully affects invisible and invulnerable units (except for units affected by 's Cyclone), but not hidden units.
- Does not affect ancient creeps.
- Vacuum destroys trees within 275 radius at the targeted point upon cast, after placing the debuff on enemies.
Cannot be cast on spell immune enemies. Shell persists if debuff was placed before spell immunity and when not dispelled.
- The shell can be put on enemy and allied units, damaging only enemy units. The unit with the shell itself is not damaged.
- Successive casts on the same unit do not stack, but refresh the duration and update the damage to the current level instead.
- When two opposing heroes cast it on the same target, the modifier updates and starts damaging the enemies of the latest caster.
- The modifier status, however, does not update. Whether it is treated as a buff or debuff is determined by the first cast, and not updated on refresh.
- Deals 2.4/4.6/6.8/9 ( 8.4/10.6/12.8/15) damage in 0.1 second intervals, starting 0.1 seconds after the cast, resulting in 250 damage instances.
- Can deal up to 600/1150/1700/2250 ( 2100/2650/3200/3750) damage to a single unit (before reductions), if it stays in range for the full duration.
- With 3780/4770/5760/6750) damage to a single unit (before reductions), if it stays in range for the full duration. can deal up to 1080/2070/3060/4050 (
- Affects invisible units that go close to the shell wearer, however, the visual effects do not appear.
- Choosing the damage upgrading talent immediately upgrades all of Dark Seer's currently active Ion Shell modifiers.
- With , Ion Shell increases maximum health of targeted allies, keeping the current health percentage the same.
- Also grants the target phased movement while affected.
- The talent turns Surge into an area-targeted spell, so that it cannot directly target units anymore.
- Self-casting the ability still targets Dark Seer, centering the AoE around him.
- Requires to be unlocked.
- The cooldown only triggers upon successfully hitting an enemy. Missed attacks do not waste the ability.
- The bonus damage is dealt in a separate damage instance, and counts as spell damage.
- Constantly checks the distance Dark Seer moves and calculates the damage, knockback distance, knockback duration, and stun duration accordingly.
- For every 10 distance moved, the damage increases by 1.6, knockback distance by 2, knockback duration by 0.00683, and stun duration by 0.01367.
- Teleporting effects (which includes blinking) may only add up to 600 range to the distance counter, no matter how big the actual teleported distance was.
- The distance counter never resets, so it is possible to perform multiple full power punches in a row, with the help of cooldown resetting effects.
- These are the damage, knockback distance, and stun duration values at certain distances moved in the last 3 seconds (before reductions):
- 0 distance moved: 10 damage, 50 knockback distance, 0.1s knockback duration, 0.2s stun duration.
- 300 distance moved: 58 damage, 110 knockback distance, 0.305s knockback duration, 0.61s stun duration.
- 600 distance moved: 106 damage, 170 knockback distance, 0.51s knockback duration, 1.02s stun duration.
- 900 distance moved: 154 damage, 230 knockback distance, 0.715s knockback duration, 1.43s stun duration.
- 1200 distance moved: 202 damage, 290 knockback distance, 0.92s knockback duration, 1.84s stun duration.
- 1500 distance moved: 250 damage, 350 knockback distance, 1.125s knockback duration, 2.25s stun duration.
- Normal Punch first applies the stun, then the damage, then the knockback, then the attack damage.
- The illusion is spawned 350 range behind the enemy's determined landing position, 0.7 seconds after the punch was delivered.
- The illusion can be controlled normally. It is initially ordered to attack the punch target.
- The punch particle and sound effects upgrade when the distance counter is at 600, and upgrade again when at 1500.
- The values of the wall are set upon creation, and do not update upon leveling the spell further up after having placed the wall.
- A wall can only create one illusion per player. There cannot be more than one illusion per player per wall.
- This means when there are multiple walls up (with the talent, or with multiple casts), each wall can create an illusion for each enemy.
- This also means that when an enemy has multiple heroes ( and clones), they are still limited to one illusion per wall.
- Even if the illusion gets ed, the wall still cannot create a new illusion until the old one is killed.
- Only creates illusions of real heroes. Does not create illusions of illusions pathing through the wall.
- Upon spawning, the illusions are automatically ordered to attack the heroes they are based on.
- When the illusion dies, the wall can create a new illusion of that hero as soon as it comes in range.
- Illusions created by Wall of Replica have a static 5 gold and experience bounty which does not scale with levels.
- The illusions' duration is based on the remaining duration of the wall from which they originate.
- The illusion spawns 108 range away from the hero if the hero has a collision size of 24, and 72 if the collision size is 8. It appears either north, east, south or west from the target.
- Wall of Replica illusions are visually distinguishable for the enemies.
- The slow is applied constantly within the wall's area. When walls overlap with each, their slows do not stack.
- When choosing the parallel wall talent, a second wall is placed 600 range behind the cast location of first wall, parallel to it.
|+25%Illusion Damage||15||+6 Armor|
- Increased illusion damage dealt from 25% to 40%.
- Increased max stun duration from 2 to 2.25.
- Increased radius from 250 to 275.
- Old: Reduces 's cooldown from 60/50/40/30 to 12 on each level, and multiplies 's length by 2.
- New: Replaces 's cooldown with 2 charges that has a 9 second replenish time, grants 350 max health to allied targets, and increases its duration by 20.
upgrade for :
- Grants the ability.
- Causes Dark Seer's next attack to punch an illusion out of them, knocking them back, dealing extra magical damage, and stunning them. Knockback distance, damage, and stun duration are based on how far Dark Seer has moved recently.
- Recent movement time window: 3
- Distance required for max: 1500
- Max damage: 250
- Max knockback distance: 350
- Max stun duration: 2
- Illusion damage dealt: 25%
- Illusion damage taken: 300%
- Illusion duration: 5
- Cooldown: 14
- Notes: Passive attack modifier. The illusion spawns 0.7 seconds after punch, 350 range behind the spot the enemy lands at, and is ordered to attack the target. The illusion can be controlled normally.
- Now sets movement speed to a minimum of 550, instead of granting a flat 250 movement speed bonus. [ ]
- No longer removes the movement speed limit for the unit while active.
- Level 15 right talent: 400 max health bonus reduced to 350.
- sustains health in the laning stage.
- restores health to stay in lane.
- sustains mana to use Ion Shell.
- boosts Dark Seer's attributes, builds up to a and/or later on and can be paired with for more healing.
- gives health regeneration and can restore mana in a pinch, before Dark Seer acquires .
- gives burst health and mana in a pinch.
- covers most of your mana issues and allows you to constantly use Ion Shell in order to harass your lane opponents and get some last hits.
- gives mobility for chasing or running away.
- gives mana regeneration and absorbs some magical damage.
- sustains health and mana in fights.
- allows you to pull off Vacuum combos by yourself. Also, gives you an additional controllable unit to use Ion Shell on to fight or to push out waves.
- increase your mana pool and allow you to restore your teammates' mana.
- intelligence gain means he will generally have enough mana to use the heal. adds to Dark Seer's teamfight effectiveness and increases durability. Also his decent
- can help you positioning to place a better vacuum wall combo.
- allows you to be at any lane for a gank, countergank, or push in seconds.
- restores both health and mana to team; the health regeneration and armor aura works better on wounded allies.
- grants you more punch to your Vacuum and Wall of Replica initiation, and gives you armor and intelligence.
- removes debuffs from Dark Seer or an ally, as well as granting Echo Shell to reflect spells.
- changes position of Dark Seer or any heroes.
- grants you and your allies protection from magical damage.
- can protect your team from physical attacks in teamfights.
- allows more AoE crowd control with reduced Vaccum cooldown and the increased wall length zones out the enemy more.
- should be considered to counter high physical damage dealers, ensuring your survival to use abilities.
- guarantees your initiation with spell immunity to ward off almost all disables.
- grants mana regeneration and Hex to completely nullify an enemy hero from using abilities or attacking.
- allows you to use your abilities and items twice in a row if needed.
- for dealing more magical damage combined with ion shell and 17% miss chance combined with your evasion.
- will restore your health because of your AoE magical damage abilities and lower cooldowns for better influence in fight.
|Roles:||Initiator Jungler Escape Disabler|
|Playstyle:||In a final, calculated move, Ish'Kafel led his outnumbered army into a new world, sealing the path behind with a burst of dark energy. A cunning tactician, the Dark Seer manipulates gravity to pull foes into a Vacuum, drawing them into the prismatic thorns of his Ion Shell. Armed only with his intellect, he Surges across the land to survey every point of conflict. At strategic locations Ish'Kafel places a Wall of Replica, sowing confusion amongst enemy ranks as an army of duplicates emerge to do battle against their own likenesses.|
- Dark Seer's response, "Speed is the heart of battle." is an indirect quote of Chinese military strategist Sun Tzu, who said "Quickness is the essence of war."
- Dark Seer's response, ▶️ "No, I will not calm my beard." is a response to 's and 's rival hero taunts, both voiced by Sam A. Mowry.
- Dark Seer's Vacuum's lore is based on the military term, center of gravity, which is a concept developed by Carl Von Clausewitz, a Prussian military theorist, in his work On War.
- One Punch Man.
makes numerous references to the anime
- The name of the ability references the protagonist's move "Consecutive Normal Punches".
- The particle effects include a giant red fist striking the enemy, which looks like the fists of the protagonist.
- The particle effect generally has an anime-style theme to it, with the static lines and whirls, the haloes, and the japanese floating texts, which are the japanese equivalents of "Pow!".
- The effect of Doctor Strange in which Doctor Strange's "astral form" is getting separated from his physical form. punching an illusion out of the body may be a reference to the scene in