The temple is a win condition in Dark Moon. Its death causes a loss, so it must be defended at all costs. It is located in the north of the map, on the elevated area, in front of the base shop and behind three defending towers.
The towers are defensive buildings which attack nearby enemies. Eight towers are located on the map. Four of them are located on the paths of the 4 lanes. 3 are located at the stairs towards the Temple and the last one is located just outside the elevated temple area, at the path where the 3 left lanes cross.
Shrines are small supportive buildings which can quickly restore nearby allies' health and mana when used. There are 3 shrines on the map, one being to the left of the centered shop on the other side of the path and the other two being on the elevated temple area, between the stairs. Shrines are invulnerable at first, but lose their invulnerability after towers fall. The outer shrine loses it when any of the 5 outer towers fall, and the inner shrines lose it when any of the inner towers fall. Once lost, they do not gain it back anymore, not even after round end where all towers respawn.
- Modified values: Cooldown.
- Whenever this ability is off cooldown, the shrine emits particle effects and a looping sound. Its minimap icon also starts glowing.
- While ready, pressing the ALT key highlights the aura's radius with a blue circle. This circle disappears when on cooldown after the aura expired.
- A shrine can be activated by ordering the hero to follow it. A follow order is given by right-clicking, or by pressing the move hotkey and selecting the shrine as a target.
- Once the hero is within the activation range, the shrine gets activated, if the follow command is still active.
- Can only be activated by allied heroes and clones. No other unit can activate it.
- Since a hero executing a move order is required to activate it, it cannot be activated while stunned, taunted, slept, cycloned and hidden.
- Once activated, the shrine emits an aura which applies the restoring effects. The aura's buff lingers for 0.5 seconds.
- The aura affects all allied units which are not wards or buildings. However, it does not affect invulnerable or hidden allies.
- Multiple instances of the aura do not stack, so standing between two activated shrines does not double the effect.
- For each full minute mark, starting after the first creep wave spawn, the health and mana regeneration get stronger. There is no cap to this.
- The auras do not update if they were activated just a few seconds before a full minute mark was reached. Their values are set upon cast.
- Restores in the form of regeneration, so it restores 12 (+ 0.2 per minute) health and 4 (+ 0.1 per minute) mana in 0.1 second intervals.
- Can heal and restore up to 660 (+ 11 per minute) health and 220 (+ 5.5 per minute) mana over its full duration (duration + buff linger time).
Dark Moon Tower
The Dark Moon Towers are the enemy towers located at the enemy spawn locations, so there are 4 such towers. They serve as a spawn protection and are therefore very powerful. They have very high health and health regeneration, combined with very high armor which effectively grants them 99% resistance to physical damage. They attack very quickly with high damage projectiles. Their attack range is too short to reach down the stairs, so the entire lower ground area in front of the spawns is safe.
|Dark Moon Tower|