|A lesser wand that grows in power the longer it is used, it brings magic to the fingertips of the user.|
- For strength heroes, it grants 100 health, 0.5 health regen, 0.4% magic resistance, 0.8 armor, 5 attack speed, 0.25% movement speed, 216/252/288/324/360 mana, 0.9/1.05/1.2/1.35/1.5 mana regen, 1.26%/1.47%/1.68%/1.89%/2.1% spell damage and 5 attack damage.
- For agility heroes, it grants 100 health, 0.5 health regen, 0.4% magic resistance, 0.8 armor, 5 attack speed, 0.25% movement speed, 216/252/288/324/360 mana, 0.9/1.05/1.2/1.35/1.5 mana regen, 1.26%/1.47%/1.68%/1.89%/2.1% spell damage and 5 attack damage.
- For intelligence heroes, it grants 100 health, 0.5 health regen, 0.4% magic resistance, 0.8 armor, 5 attack speed, 0.25% movement speed, 216/252/288/324/360 mana, 0.9/1.05/1.2/1.35/1.5 mana regen, 1.26%/1.47%/1.68%/1.89%/2.1% spell damage and 18/21/24/27/30 attack damage.
- Upgrading the item improves its stats and the damage, range and cooldown of Energy Burst. Can be upgraded four times.
- The total gold cost for each level is 2700/3950/5200/6450/7700.
- grants a second cast of Energy Burst to quickly kill enemies.
greatly amplifies Energy Burst's damage for high kill potential.
- Cast it on yourself or an ally with nuke(s) to increase the damage by a maximum of 40% if the enemy is close (6 seconds before fighting at level 4) then cast it on the enemy to amplify the damage he takes by a further 40%.
- The damage dealt by Energy Burst grants an instant boost and potentially vision over the target.
- The damage from Energy Burst can easily bring an enemy into the kill threshold of .
- resets Energy Burst's cooldown for constant damage output.
- Using Energy Burst on an enemy affected by will cause severe burst damage from the latter.
- Ganking heroes can use Dagon for an additional burst of damage to help secure kills.
- Heroes that can reduce the magic resistance:
- can reduce the magic resistance by 60% with Decrepify. Note that it applies ghost form so it doesn't stack with Ethereal Blade.
- can reduce the magic resistance by 45% with Ancient Seal.
- can reduce the magic resistance by 33% to enemies in range from his Natural Order aura.
- can reduce the magic resistance by 30% to anyone inside Ice Vortex, and he has an 8% spell amplification talent.
- Nukers that want additional burst damage:
- Most heroes have 25% magic resistance by default, causing Energy Burst to deal 300/375/450/525/600 damage to them, considering no other sources of reduction or amplification.
- Powerful against high armored enemies, damage block and evasion.
- : amplifies the magic damage by at least 9% and lowers the manacost by 12%.
- & : both amplify the magic damage by at least 13% and lower the manacost by 16%.
- : amplifies the magic damage by 40% and does magic damage when used.
- : amplifies the magic damage by 25%.
- : increases the cast range of all your items and spells by 250.
: can be used to gank, chase, escape and trigger a Linken's Sphere to use your Dagon.
- , , : are other items you can use to gank, chase and escape after killing an enemy while the Dagon and other abilities are on cooldown.
- : amplifies the damage by 30% after the end of Soul Burn. It will also increase your mana regen.
- : reduce the cooldown of all your spells and items by 25% allowing to cast two Dagon during a fight and can lifesteal from your burst damage. It is more useful on Intelligence heroes with multiple spells.
- : will completely block the damage from the Dagon.
- : will reflect the magic damage onto the caster.
- : will reflect the nukes and disables.
- : will make you immune to magic damage.
- : will increase the magic resistance both upgrades reduce the damages even more.
- : give you 1300 HP, it can tank two Dagon level 5 with the default 25% magic resistance.
- Dagon is the name of an ancient Mesopotamian god.
- Dagon's active ability, Energy Burst, may be a reference to the Bible's Samson where he prayed to the Abrahamic god for power to destroy his enemies at Dagon's Temple.
- cosmetic item, Nyx Assassin's Dagon, is based on Dagon. 's