|A lesser wand that grows in power the longer it is used, it brings magic to the fingertips of the user.|
- For strength heroes, it grants 120/160/200/240/280 health, 0.6/0.8/1/1.2/1.4 health regen, 1/1.33/1.67/2/2.33 armor, 6/8/10/12/14 attack speed, 72/96/120/144/168 mana, 0.3/0.4/0.5/0.6/0.7 mana regen and 6/8/10/12/14 attack damage.
- For agility heroes, it grants 120/160/200/240/280 health, 0.6/0.8/1/1.2/1.4 health regen, 1/1.33/1.67/2/2.33 armor, 6/8/10/12/14 attack speed, 72/96/120/144/168 mana, 0.3/0.4/0.5/0.6/0.7 mana regen and 6/8/10/12/14 attack damage.
- For intelligence heroes, it grants 120/160/200/240/280 health, 0.6/0.8/1/1.2/1.4 health regen, 1/1.33/1.67/2/2.33 armor, 6/8/10/12/14 attack speed, 72/96/120/144/168 mana, 0.3/0.4/0.5/0.6/0.7 mana regen and 6/8/10/12/14 attack damage.
- Upgrading the item improves its stats and the damage, range and cooldown of Energy Burst. Can be upgraded four times.
- The total gold cost for each level is /2650/3950/5250/6550.
- Places a debuff on the target, which applies the damage upon expiring. The debuff lasts 0 seconds.
- Instantly kills regular illusions, regardless of any status effects, except for .
- grants a second cast of Energy Burst to quickly kill enemies.
greatly amplifies Energy Burst's damage for high kill potential.
- Cast it on yourself or an ally with nuke(s) to increase the damage by a maximum of 40% if the enemy is close (6 seconds before fighting at level 4) then cast it on the enemy to amplify the damage he takes by a further 40%.
- The damage dealt by Energy Burst grants an instant boost and potentially vision over the target.
- He can reduce the cooldown of the Dagon by 50% with his ultimate.
- The damage from Energy Burst can easily bring an enemy into the kill threshold of .
- resets Energy Burst's cooldown for constant damage output.
- Using Energy Burst on an enemy affected by will cause severe burst damage from the latter.
- Ganking heroes can use Dagon for an additional burst of damage to help secure kills.
- Heroes that can reduce the magic resistance:
- can reduce the magic resistance by 60% with Decrepify. Note that it applies ghost form so it doesn't stack with Ethereal Blade.
- can reduce the magic resistance by 60% with Ancient Seal and level 20 talent.
- can reduce the magic resistance by 100% to enemies in range from his Natural Order aura.
- can reduce the magic resistance by 30% to anyone inside Ice Vortex, and he has a 10% spell amplification talent.
- Nukers that want additional burst damage:
- Heroes that lack burst damage:
- Most heroes have 25% magic resistance by default, causing Energy Burst to deal 300/375/450/525/600 damage to them, considering no other sources of reduction or amplification.
- Powerful against high armored enemies, damage block and evasion.
- : amplifies the magic damage by at least 8% and lowers the manacost by 12%.
- & : both amplify the magic damage by at least 13% and lower the manacost by 16%.
- : amplifies the magic damage by 40% and does magic damage when used.
- : amplifies the magic damage by 25%.
- : increases the cast range of all your items and spells by 250.
: can be used to gank, chase, escape and trigger a Linken's Sphere to use your Dagon.
- , , : are other items you can use to gank, chase and escape after killing an enemy while the Dagon and other abilities are on cooldown.
- : amplifies the damage by 30% after the end of Soul Burn. It will also increase your mana regen.
- : reduce the cooldown of all your spells and items by 25% allowing to cast two Dagon during a fight and can lifesteal from your burst damage. It is more useful on Intelligence heroes with multiple spells.
- : will completely block the damage from the Dagon. However, Dagon can be used to put 's on cooldown for stronger disables.
- : will reflect the magic damage onto the caster.
- : will reflect the nukes and disables.
- : will make you immune to magic damage.
- : will increase the magic resistance both upgrades reduce the damages even more.
- : give you 1300 HP, it can tank two Dagon level 5 with the default 25% magic resistance.
- Dagon is the name of an ancient Mesopotamian god.
- Dagon's active ability, Energy Burst, may be a reference to the Bible's Samson where he prayed to the Abrahamic god for power to destroy his enemies at Dagon's Temple.
- cosmetic item, Nyx Assassin's Dagon, is based on Dagon. 's