We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
From Dota 2 Wiki
|A lesser wand that grows in power the longer it is used, it brings magic to the fingertips of the user.|
- Upgrading the item improves its stats and the damage, range and cooldown of Energy Burst. Can be upgraded four times.
- The total gold cost for each level is 2720/3970/5220/6470/7720.
- One Dagon grants 60 health, 0.18 health regeneration, 0.43 armor, 3 attack speed, 176/209/242/275/308 mana, 0.64/0.76/0.88/1/1.12 mana regeneration, 1.14%/1.36%/1.57%/1.79%/2% spell damage and 12 (25/28/31/34/37 to intelligence heroes) attack damage on each level.
Recommended heroesArc Warden
- Tempest Double grants a second cast of Energy Burst to quickly kill enemies.
- Bloodrage greatly amplifies Energy Burst's damage for high kill potential.
- Cast it on yourself or an ally with nuke(s) to increase the damage by a maximum of 40% if the enemy is close (6 seconds before fighting at level 4) then cast it on the enemy to amplify the damage he takes by a further 40%.
- The damage dealt by Energy Burst grants an instant Thirst boost and potentially vision over the target.
- The damage from Energy Burst can easily bring an enemy into the kill threshold of Reaper's Scythe.
- Rearm resets Energy Burst's cooldown for constant damage output.
- Using Energy Burst on an enemy affected by Maledict will cause severe burst damage from the latter.
- Ganking heroes can use Dagon for an additional burst of damage to help secure kills.
- Heroes that can reduce the magic resistance:
- Pugna can reduce the magic resistance by 60% with Decrepify. Note that it applies ghost form so it doesn't stack with Ethereal Blade.
- Skywrath Mage can reduce the magic resistance by 45% with Ancient Seal.
- Elder Titan can reduce the magic resistance by 33% to enemies in range from his Natural Order aura.
- Ancient Apparition can reduce the magic resistance by 30% to anyone inside Ice Vortex, and he has an 8% spell amplification talent.
- Heroes that can amplify the damage:
- Shadow Demon can increase all damage type by 50% with Soul Catcher however the debuff is spread out across all units in the target area, requiring careful timing and placement to only hit one target.
- Chen can increase all damage type by 36% with Penitence, he can then use Test of Faith which can deal 400 damage. His talent can increase the cast range by 125 at level 10 further increased by Aether Lens.
- Undying's ultimate can increase the damage to a maximum of 30% when close. Steal strength with Decay before using it to decrease the HP pool of your enemy and get mobility items to get close to your enemy.
- Nukers that want additional burst damage:
- Most heroes have 25% magic resistance by default, causing Energy Burst to deal 300/375/450/525/600 damage to them, considering no other sources of reduction or amplification.
- Powerful against high armored enemies, damage block and evasion.
- Ethereal Blade: amplifies the magic damage by 40% and does magic damage when used.
- Veil of Discord: amplifies the magic damage by 25%.
- Aether Lens: amplifies the magic damage by 6% and increases the cast range of all your items and spells by 220.
- Force Staff: can be used to gank, chase, escape and trigger a Linken's Sphere to use your Dagon.
- Orchid Malevolence: amplifies the damage by 30% after the end of Soul Burn. It will also increase your mana regen.
- Octarine Core: reduce the cooldown of all your spells and items by 25% allowing to cast two Dagon during a fight and can lifesteal from your burst damage. It is more useful on Intelligence heroes with multiple spells.
- Linken's Sphere: will completely block the damage from the Dagon.
- Blade Mail: will reflect the magic damage onto the caster.
- Lotus Orb: will reflect the nukes and disables.
- Black King Bar: will make you immune to magic damage.
- Cloak: will increase the magic resistance both upgrades reduce the damages even more.
- Heart of Tarrasque: give you 1300 HP, it can tank two Dagon level 5 with the default 25% magic resistance.
- Dagon is the name of an ancient Mesopotamian god.
- Level 5 Dagon is the most expensive item in the game.