|Rylai, the Crystal Maiden|
|Born in a temperate realm, raised with her fiery older sister Lina, Rylai the Crystal Maiden soon found that her innate elemental affinity to ice created trouble for all those around her. Wellsprings and mountain rivers froze in moments if she stopped to rest nearby; ripening crops were bitten by frost, and fruiting orchards turned to mazes of ice and came crashing down, spoiled. When their exasperated parents packed Lina off to the equator, Rylai found herself banished to the cold northern realm of Icewrack, where she was taken in by an Ice Wizard who had carved himself a hermitage at the crown of the Blueheart Glacier. After long study, the wizard pronounced her ready for solitary practice and left her to take his place, descending into the glacier to hibernate for a thousand years. Her mastery of the Frozen Arts has only deepened since that time, and now her skills are unmatched.|
|Factions|| Frostiron Tribe|
|Characters|| Ice Wizard|
|Species|| Icewrack Wolf|
- Rylai wore pigtails during her youth.
- Rylai is Lina's younger sister, with whom she shares a sibling rivalry. According to Rylai, she was always the "good one". The two sisters destroyed their parent's house six times, through fire and ice.
- Rylai once considered becoming an artificer of magical goods, and crafted many wards as practice.
- Rylai is sometimes known as the Maiden of North.
- Rylai is able to channel winds from the Blueheart Glacier, where she currently resides.
- Rylai is able to summon shards of ice from Icewrack.
- Rylai's ability to lower the temperature of her surroundings causes magic to flourish nearby.
- Rylai does not like outward displays of force.
- Rylai knew Tusk in her youth, and used to have snowball fights with him.
- Like her mentor, the Ice Wizard, Rylai plans to return to Blueheart Glacier someday, and hibernate for a thousand years.
- Rylai received a feather-like robe and staff from the Ice Wizard before he descended into the glacier.
- Rylai owns a crown, once worn by the Yulsaria, the Frozen Witch.
- Rylai has had contact with the Frostiron Tribe.
- Rylai has likely been to Wolfsden Tavern, and owns a hat from there as a souvenir.
The Boiling Sea
In her youth, Rylai once angered her master, the Ice Wizard, forcing her to exile herself to the Boiling Sea, where the Blueheart Glacier met the ocean. She spent months in meditation, seeking ways to prove herself worthy again of his tutelage. One afternoon, she awoke to speak a single word: "Snowdrop". And with that one word, she caused her surroundings to freeze, turning the steam into falling snow. When she returned to the Blueheart Glacier, she was greeted by the Ice Wizard, who had learned of her magical deed, and was impressed. As a reward, he gifted her a new outfit, to serve as proof of her mastery over the elemental ice.
Friendships and rivalries
Allies meeting Crystal Maiden
- Play We will bring a storm of ice and flame upon them!
- Play You bring a bloom of youth to these pallid cheeks, my lady.
- Play Come on, sis, let's get this over with.
- Play Well, I suppose ice has got to be good for something.
- Play We're sisters, so let's make the best of it.
- Play Fire and Ice, together again.
- Play Bring them winter, Crystal Maiden.
- Play Play Hey Rylai, you think you could introduce me to Lina?
- Play Play Alright Maiden, let's have some fun.
- Play They will shiver before us, Maiden.
- Play Crystal Maiden! It is you! I have not seen you for… Oh it's been so long.
- Play Hello Maiden, and how fare the wolves of Icewrack.
- Play Ah, child, your eyes shine like the Blueheart Glacier.
Enemies killing Crystal Maiden
- Play Crystal Maiden, you dare cross ice with me?
- Play Cold cut!
- Play Crystal Maiden, you were a tall glass of ice water.
- Play I melted you down.
- Play Now you know the true meaning of cold, Crystal Maiden. Nice.
- Play Crystal Maiden, you're a frozen puddle before us. Oh, good one.
- Play Did you see how Crystal Maiden gave us the cold shoulder? I noticed that.
- Play Play Never trust a wizard.
- Play This ice ain't nice, sister!
- Play Ice is not nice.
- Play Sorry sister, but you needed thawing.
- Play We always did run hot and cold.
- Play Burned you in effigy already. Now for real.
- Play Oh sister, I kept the home fires burning.
- Play Crystal Maiden? More like Crystal Melting.
- Play Ah… I mark your snow.
- Play Too chilly for my tastes, maiden.
- Play Play You gonna fight back or just make stupid ice puns all day?
- Play Play Let's be real, Maiden, your sister has all the talent.
- Play You'll never freeze me, Crystal Maiden!
- Play Crystal Maiden… are you really, I wonder
- Play Thaw and shatter.
- Play Ha ha ha ha. Your maidenly charms were wasted on me.
- Play Death and the maiden.
- Play I would not kill a maiden, but you forced the issue.
- Play We have established the melting point of Crystal Maiden!
- Play Sorry to do that to you darling.
- Play Sorry about that.
- Play You know I do not mean it, right?
- Play Apologies.
- Play Apologies.
- Play Well you did tell me not to go easy on you.
- Play Are you okay?
- Play I tried to warn you.
- Play I've driven off Crystal Maiden, as spring drives off winter.
- Play I'm an Eldwurm now, but I was once a Maidenwurm.
Enemies dying to Crystal Maiden
- Play You froze my barrel.
- Play You always were a cold one.
- Play Crystal Maiden, you are cold.
- Play That's cold, Crystal.
- Play Talk about sibling rivalry!
- Play You were adopted!
- Play You learned well.
- Play Atta girl.
- Play Glad it was you.
- Play Isn't she something.
- Play I threw this one.
Lina attacking Rylai
- Blueheart Tails description.
- Crystal Maiden response: Play I always was the good one.
- Lina biography.
- White Sentry description.
- Bracers of the Crystalline Queen description.
- Frostbite description.
- Freezing Field description.
- Arcane Aura description.
- Snowdrop Staff description.
- Crystal Maiden response: Play I miss our snowball fights, Ymir.
- Crystal Maiden response: Play Someday I'll return to the Blueheart Glacier and sleep for a thousand years.
- Yulsaria's Glacier description.
- Frostiron Sorceress Cape description.
- Wolfsden Tavern description.
- Winter Snowdrop description.