|Hero||Strategy||Counters||Equipment||Gear||Responses||Sounds||Lore||Old Abilities||Changelogs||Known Bugs|
|Factions|| Frostiron Tribe|
|Characters|| Ice Wizard|
|Species|| Icewrack Wolf|
- Rylai wore pigtails during her youth.
- Rylai is Lina's younger sister, with whom she shares a sibling rivalry. According to Rylai, she was always the "good one". The two sisters destroyed their parent's house six times, through fire and ice.
- Rylai once considered becoming an artificer of magical goods, and crafted many wards as practice.
- Rylai is sometimes known as the Maiden of North.
- Rylai is able to channel winds from the Blueheart Glacier, where she currently resides.
- Rylai is able to summon shards of ice from Icewrack.
- Rylai's ability to lower the temperature of her surroundings causes magic to flourish nearby.
- Rylai does not like outward displays of force.
- Rylai knew Tusk in her youth, and used to have snowball fights with him.
- Like her mentor, the Ice Wizard, Rylai plans to return to Blueheart Glacier someday, and hibernate for a thousand years.
- Rylai knows Pierpont, a Sapphire Archon who appears to have been her mentor. It is unknown whether or not Pierpont is the same person as the Ice Wizard.
- According to Mireska, it was their parents that drove Lina and Rylai apart.
- Rylai received a feather-like robe and staff from the Ice Wizard before he descended into the glacier.
- Rylai owns the mantle and crown of Yulsaria, the Frozen Witch.
- Rylai has had contact with the Frostiron Tribe.
- Rylai has likely been to Wolfsden Tavern, and owns a hat from there as a souvenir.
- Rylai is talkative.
- Rylai doesn't take good care of herself.
- Rylai may be a little crazy.
- Rylai is brave but lacks wisdom.
The Boiling Sea
In her youth, Rylai once angered her master, the Ice Wizard, forcing her to exile herself to the Boiling Sea, where the Blueheart Glacier met the ocean. She spent months in meditation, seeking ways to prove herself worthy again of his tutelage. One afternoon, she awoke to speak a single word: "Snowdrop". And with that one word, she caused her surroundings to freeze, turning the steam into falling snow. When she returned to the Blueheart Glacier, she was greeted by the Ice Wizard, who had learned of her magical deed, and was impressed. As a reward, he gifted her a new outfit, to serve as proof of her mastery over the elemental ice.
Lina is Rylai's primary rival, and the two siblings feuded often in their childhood. In the past, Lina appears to have done her sister a great wrong, and is now living in guilt. After having spoken with Lina, Donte Panlin may have gotten her to concede remorse. Acting as a middleman, he relays this information to Rylai, telling her that Lina may be ready to make amends.
Friendships and rivalries
Allies meeting Crystal Maiden
- Play We will bring a storm of ice and flame upon them!
- Play You bring a bloom of youth to these pallid cheeks, my lady.
- Play Come on, sis, let's get this over with.
- Play Well, I suppose ice has got to be good for something.
- Play We're sisters, so let's make the best of it.
- Play Fire and Ice, together again.
- Play Bring them winter, Crystal Maiden.
- Play Play Hey Rylai, you think you could introduce me to Lina?
- Play Play Alright Maiden, let's have some fun.
- Play They will shiver before us, Maiden.
- Play Crystal Maiden! It is you! I have not seen you for… Oh it's been so long.
- Play Hello Maiden, and how fare the wolves of Icewrack.
- Play Ah, child, your eyes shine like the Blueheart Glacier.
Enemies killing Crystal Maiden
- Play Crystal Maiden, you dare cross ice with me?
- Play Cold cut!
- Play Crystal Maiden, you were a tall glass of ice water.
- Play I melted you down.
- Play Now you know the true meaning of cold, Crystal Maiden. Nice.
- Play Crystal Maiden, you're a frozen puddle before us. Oh, good one.
- Play Did you see how Crystal Maiden gave us the cold shoulder? I noticed that.
- Play Play Never trust a wizard.
- Play This ice ain't nice, sister!
- Play Ice is not nice.
- Play Sorry sister, but you needed thawing.
- Play We always did run hot and cold.
- Play Burned you in effigy already. Now for real.
- Play Oh sister, I kept the home fires burning.
- Play Crystal Maiden? More like Crystal Melting.
- Play Ah… I mark your snow.
- Play Too chilly for my tastes, maiden.
- Play Play You gonna fight back or just make stupid ice puns all day?
- Play Play Let's be real, Maiden, your sister has all the talent.
- Play You'll never freeze me, Crystal Maiden!
- Play Crystal Maiden… are you really, I wonder
- Play Thaw and shatter.
- Play Ha ha ha ha. Your maidenly charms were wasted on me.
- Play Death and the maiden.
- Play I would not kill a maiden, but you forced the issue.
- Play We have established the melting point of Crystal Maiden!
- Play Sorry to do that to you darling.
- Play Sorry about that.
- Play You know I do not mean it, right?
- Play Apologies.
- Play Apologies.
- Play Well you did tell me not to go easy on you.
- Play Are you okay?
- Play I tried to warn you.
- Play I've driven off Crystal Maiden, as spring drives off winter.
- Play I'm an Eldwurm now, but I was once a Maidenwurm.
Enemies dying to Crystal Maiden
- Play You froze my barrel.
- Play You always were a cold one.
- Play Crystal Maiden, you are cold.
- Play That's cold, Crystal.
- Play Talk about sibling rivalry!
- Play You were adopted!
- Play You learned well.
- Play Atta girl.
- Play Glad it was you.
- Play Isn't she something.
- Play I threw this one.
Lina attacking Rylai
- Blueheart Tails description.
- Crystal Maiden response: Play I always was the good one.
- Lina biography.
- White Sentry description.
- Bracers of the Crystalline Queen description.
- Frostbite description.
- Freezing Field description.
- Arcane Aura description.
- Snowdrop Staff description.
- Crystal Maiden response: Play I miss our snowball fights, Ymir.
- Crystal Maiden response: Play Someday I'll return to the Blueheart Glacier and sleep for a thousand years.
- Pangolier response: Play Pierpont had high hopes for you… oh well.
- Dark Willow response: Play Your sister's not the enemy. It's your parents that drove you apart.
- Yulsaria's Glacier description.
- Frostiron Sorceress Cape description.
- Wolfsden Tavern description.
- Call of the Bladeform Legacy: Play Your sister talks too much.
- Call of the Bladeform Legacy: Play Care for yourself as well as others, Maiden, or you'll help no one.
- Call of the Bladeform Legacy: Play This is where madness leads, Maiden.
- Call of the Bladeform Legacy: Play Try to temper your courage with wisdom, Maiden.
- Winter Snowdrop description.
- Call of the Bladeform Legacy: Play It's time to set aside childish feuds, Rylai. Family is finite.
- Pangolier response: Play I hope you made peace with your sister… it's not good to die with guilt.
- Pangolier response: Play Listen. I talked to Lina, and I think she might be willing to make amends.
- Monkey King response: Play Listen ghost, if you're ever gonna ask the Crystal Maiden out on that date, you better start working on those ice puns.