From Dota 2 Wiki
Commends are marks of positive feedback that players can give to each other.
- Commends can be given on the Endgame screen after a match to players on either side.
- A chat notification will be sent to the player commended, along with the commending player's name.
- Commends are displayed on the player's profile.
- Each player may give out a total of 6 commends per week.
- Commends affect a player's behavior score by [ Info Needed ].
|Friendly||I think they are amiable.|
|Forgiving||I think they are quite forgiving.|
|Teaching||I think they are a great teacher.|
|Leadership||I think they are a good leader.|
- Players used to be able to commend each other in chat rooms with no limits. This was later removed due to excessive commends trading.
- Commends now provide a notification to the player that includes your name.
- Fixed a bug where post-game commend and report options would not appear in some cases.
- Added Conduct Summary popup, which tells you how many reports, abandons, and commends you have received in the past 25 games.
- Fixed bug allowing more than the maximum reports/commends per week.
- Spectator names can be clicked in the chat to commend them.
- Added a commendation system, which allows you to commend players who made your game a happier experience, and report anyone being hostile. You can commend or report a player by clicking their name in the main menu, in-game scoreboard or end game score screen.