- Anti-Mage can easily out of Power Cogs, escaping any ganking or initiation attempts.
- depletes Clockwerk's much-needed mana.
- Due to Clockwerk's slow damage output, Chen can often save a trapped enemy with .
- 's damage amplification may allow Chen and his allies to kill Clockwerk quickly after his initiation.
- Chen's creeps can be used to block Hookshot initiation from all sides, as well as distribute Battery Assault's damage.
- makes Clinkz one of the hardest heroes for Clockwerk to lane against.
- will hit Clockwerk every time when he's fighting with an enemy inside Power Cogs.
- Due to Clockwerk's slow damage output, Dazzle will have more than enough time to any enemy Clockwerk initiates on.
- moves Clockwerk away from allies struck by Hookshot, or under attack by Battery Assault.
- can turn Power Cogs into Clockwerk's own grave, but will also return the damage to Disruptor.
- Ember Spirit's is an easy way to escape from Clockwerk's Power Cogs.
- blocks most of the magical damage Clockwerk does.
- Clockwerk cannot go head-to-head with Huskar in Power Cogs, as and will destroy him faster than the other way around.
- Juggernaut is invulnerable while using , meaning that neither or Power Cogs will save Clockwerk, this is especially common during the early laning phase.
- will also ignore any damage dealt by Battery Assault, as well as dealing heavy damage. As long as Juggernaut has mana to cast it, any engagement with Power Cogs will hurt Clockwerk a lot more than Juggernaut.
- With and , Lifestealer is nearly impossible for Clockwerk to bring down, and is the last hero Clockwerk wants to be trapped with in Power Cogs.
- allows Morphling to easily escape Power Cogs.
- Clockwerk's lack of burst damage makes it nearly impossible for him to kill a Morphling using .
- does great damage to Clockwerk when fighting an enemy inside Power Cogs.
- For the same reasons, Omniknight also makes a powerful ally for Clockwerk when the situation is reversed.
- Battery Assault's damage is dispersed against Phantom Lancer's illusions.
- Phantom Lancer can blink out of Power Cogs with .
- When chasing, a Phantom Lancer can close in with and burn down Clockwerk's mana with , rendering him helpless before he has a chance to erect a defensive Power Cogs.
- Clockwerk being confined in his own Power Cogs means Clockwerk is unable to quickly escape from Phoenix's and .
- will also heal the enemy Clockwerk is fighting, making it unlikely for Clockwerk to take an enemy down with him.
- For the same reasons, Phoenix also makes a powerful ally for Clockwerk when the situation is reversed.
- allows Quen of Pain to easily escape ganking or initiating attempts with Hookshot and Power Cogs.
- and illusions may give Clockwerk a hard time to find an angle for Hookshot.
- A trapped Terrorblade can turn the tables with , leaving Clockwerk nowhere to run.
- Ursa's high physical burst damage makes him a very bad target for Power Cogs.
- Even with , Ursa's will negate most of the reflected damage.
- can spot Clockwerk, allowing Visage's allies to dodge or block Hookshot attempts.
- Familiars will not be damaged by or Clockwerk's abilities, dealing dangerous amounts of damage to him.
- can enemies out of Power Cogs.
- 's will freeze Clockwerk in place if he stays inside his Power Cogs. His immobility while in his cogs also makes him a very easy target to and .
- 's can deal huge damage to Clockwerk inside his Power Cogs.
- will allow enemies to quickly kill Clockwerk, making his initiation short-lived.
- can push trapped enemies out of Power Cogs, and can also do this while pushing Clockwerk on the other side of the cogs.
- will keep enemies safe from Clockwerk until Power Cogs go down.
- Battery Assault will continuously interrupt Earthshaker's long cast animations.
- Power Cogs can also trap Earthshaker after he initiates.
- Getting trapped in Power Cogs usually means the end for Drow Ranger.
- Battery Assault's mini-stuns can severely disrupt Legion Commander's attack animation when she enters a , potentially saving Clockwerk (or his allies) and possibly even giving him an edge in securing a win himself.
- Power Cogs pushes Legion Commander away from Clockwerk's allies when she enters a .
- Power Cogs pushes Monkey King out of , ending his ultimate.
- Rocket Flare allows Clockwerk to scout Monkey King in the trees, and chase him with Hookshot.
- ing a Clockwerk can backfire for Pudge, as Battery Assault and will hurt Pudge more than he hurts Clockwerk.
- Pugna's squishiness and lack of mobility make him easy prey for a Hookshot initiation.
- Clockwerk's high health, low mana costs, and lack of reliance on Blink Dagger make ineffective.
- Battery Assault shuts down upgraded , as the repeated ministuns prevent Pugna from channeling for an extended length of time.
- Clockwerk is also the least optimal target for Sniper to attack in a teamfight, although more experienced players will rarely make this mistake.
- With no mobility or disable skills, getting trapped in Power Cogs is a death sentence for Sniper.
- Clockwerk can use Power Cogs to repel Spirit Breaker when he charges in with .
- Spirit Breaker's slow 0.6 second attack animation attacks do little damage against Clockwerk. It can also constantly be interrupted by Battery Assault.
- 's 1.2 second charge time gives Clockwerk plenty of time to activate and for Battery Assault to cancel it.
- Rocket Flare can find Tinker if he blinks into the treeline, and Hookshot will prevent him from teleporting out.
- Battery Assault makes Tinker unable to by stunning him repeatedly.
- Power Cogs prevent Windranger from fleeing with .
- Battery Assault repeatedly interrupts , disrupting Windranger's damage output.
- Heroes with long cast animations can be continuously interrupted by Battery Assault: , , , , .
Works well with...
- lets Clockwerk chase down enemies and position himself right next to them for Power Cogs.
- Once trapped, on Clockwerk will burn down the enemy very quickly.
- Dark Seer can also enemies into Power Cogs.
- Rocket Flare gives Invoker the vision to land his .
- Power Cogs makes it hard to get away from Invoker's , forcing enemies to take the full damage.
- works well with Hookshot.
- 's long range, stun duration and flying vision helps Clockwerk land Hookshots from afar.
- is the perfect setup for Power Cogs, as this also ensures that the enemy does not escape from the two allied illusions spawned afterwards.
- Clockwerk's lockdown also allows Shadow Demon to hit the enemy with two or three s.
- 's will reveal fleeing enemies for Clockwerk to pick off with Rocket Flare.
- can Clockwerk onto an enemy to position him for Power Cogs.
- In general, any hero with long disables can help Clockwerk get into position for Power Cogs.
- In general, heroes with hard to land or damage-over-time AoE will benefit from Power Cogs.