From Dota 2 Wiki
|is a great all around ranged carry with high offensive burst damage. Though frail and easy to kill, grants Clinkz stealth and haste to escape and re-position himself. This skill is also what makes Clinkz such an incredible ganker. His provide huge bonus damage, greatly injuring enemies in conjunction with . Despite his high damage, Clinkz has no disabling abilities, and has difficulty killing enemies once they move out of range.|
- Searing Arrows helps Clinkz last hit during the early game, compensating for his slow attack animation and low base damage.
- Skeleton Walk serves as an escape ability in the early game. One level is enough to keep yourself out of enemy vision most of the time.
- Strafe's power increases significant per level, and is Clinkz's main source of burst damage until level 15, so try to max it first.
- The Level 15 Talent for +30 Searing Arrows damage is more important since the 20% Evasion rarely helps Clinkz survive if he gets caught.
|+20 Health Regen||20||+100 Attack Range|
|+5 Armor||10||+12% Magic Resistance|
- The attack range talent also affects the cast range of .
- The magic resistance talent stacks multiplicatively with other sources of magic resistance.
- The magic resistance talent increases Clinkz's magic resistance to 34%.
- The evasion talent stacks multiplicatively with other sources of evasion.
Tips & Tactics
- Clinkz has one of the slowest attack animations in the game. Time his attacks carefully to get last hits.
- Clinkz relies on successful early to mid game ganks to be effective.
- The simplest way to gank is to go invisible with Skeleton Walk, position Clinkz behind an enemy, then activate Strafe before attacking to land as many arrows as possible.
- This is made easier with an , which prevents enemies from using disable or escape abilities.
- Enemies farming in the jungle are prime targets for Clinkz to gank with this tactic.
- The worst case scenario is for the target to simple move out of range before Clinkz lands enough arrows. Position Clinkz close to the target or wait until the target is distracted before breaking invisibility.
- While he can be an excellent ganker, Clinkz is extremely fragile but puts out huge amounts of DPS, making him a priority target in teamfights. Try to let teammates initiate while you dance around the edge of the fight dealing damage to distracted or disabled opponents.
- If you are focusing on early game ganking, level Strafe as your second ability to max as the decreased cooldown makes you a great threat.
- If you are playing as the team's late game carry, maxing Skeleton Walk keeps Clinkz safe and able to move quickly into untaken lanes and the jungle to farm.
- In the late game, most heroes will find a way to counter Clinkz's high burst damage. Consider more disabling items and better coordination with your team's disablers.
- Use Strafe sparingly during the early game since it has short duration and long cooldown.
- Combined with Searing Arrows, Strafe can deplete Clinkz's mana quickly during the early game. Make sure to retain enough for Skeleton Walk in case you need to escape from failed gank attempts.
- When using Strafe in combination with items like or , try to use the item first, then use Strafe to secure the kill.
- Strafe disjoints projectiles from abilities like and .
- Two points in in Strafe gives the attack speed bonus equivalent to a .
- More tips needed.
- Searing Arrows is usually leveled first because its high damage helps Clinkz score last hits.
- During the early game, a few Searing Arrows will do enough damage to harass opponents out of lane. Cast it manually (orbwalking) to avoid drawing aggro.
- However, Clinkz should still prioritize on getting last hits for himself.
- Searing Arrows can be quite mana intensive in the early game. An is usually purchased to offset its mana needs.
- Searing Arrow's high damage will take down buildings very quickly. Coupled with Skeleton Walk, it allows Clinkz to push lanes efficiently.
- Searing Arrows can be used in combination with other attack modifiers like lifesteal from Morbid Mask.
- Searing Arrows disregard damage block and damage reduction, meaning that it does full damage against items like
, and defensive abilities like and .
- Combine this feature with damage amplification from to further increase the Searing Arrows effect to burst the tankiest heroes.
- Two points in in Searing Arrows gives the damage bonus equivalent to a .
- More tips needed.
- Use Skeleton Walk to disjoint projectiles.
- Use Skeleton Walk a good amount of time before you expect to ambush an enemy, or appear in a fight. This triggers the cooldown early, therefore allowing you it again soon after, either for a quick escape or to chase down any survivors.
- Use Skeleton Walk before crossing commonly warded spots, such as the river, to avoid being seen coming.
- Use Skeleton Walk to chase down heroes, move between lanes, and escape from failed ganks/teamfights.
- More tips needed.
- Death Pact's bonuses depends on the creep it sacrifices. The higher the creep's current health, the higher the bonuses Clinkz gains.
- In the late game, Clinkz could devour Mega Melee Creeps that have (static) 1270 HP, thus giving him 635/889/1114 bonus health and 63.5/89/111 bonus base damage.
- Use Death Pact before an impending fight to make sure Clinkz has enough durability and damage.
- Death Pact cannot sacrifice ancient creeps.
- Death Pact's long cooldown means that Clinkz should be using it as wisely as possible, i.e. on large jungle creeps, or on full HP creeps/summons in the middle of a fight.
- Use Death Pact to deny an enemy jungler some farm. Taking the largest creep while leaving the smaller ones will prevent the camp from respawning.
- Death Pact instantly kills dominated or controlled units, such as those used by or , and units from .
- An ally's
can be used to increase a creep's HP before consuming it with Death Pact. It can also be used on any enemy or neutral creep, healing it to maximum health before consuming it.
- It is not recommended for Clinkz to buy himself.
- More tips needed.
- gives Clinkz the basic health regeneration to stay longer in lane.
- can save Clinkz at the very last second in an emergency.
- helps Clinkz dominate the lane by harassing your enemies with Searing Arrows.
- gives improved damage and mana regeneration, allowing for better use of Searing Arrows.
- helps against enemies that can spam spells.
- can solve Clinkz's mana problems. If cast before using Death Pact it effectively costs 0 HP, and allows Death Pact to be used on cooldown.
- helps in early ganking or pushing, as well as harrassing enemies in lane. It can be upgraded into a or a , the latter also providing some much needed mana regeneration. It's not unheard of to get both these items. You can therefore get an early Blight Stone, finish a Medallion of Courage, and immediately get a second Blight Stone.
- help you attack faster to improve the effectiveness of Searing Arrows.
- solves Clinkz's mana problems associated with using Searing Arrows and allows you to silence heroes. It allows Clinkz to gank more effectively and disable enemies abilities in fights.
- stacks with Searing Arrows, which adds more killing capabilities, and helps dispose of heroes with a low health pool more quickly.
- is a natural upgrade from Orchid Malevolence, and grants active True Strike and critical damage on top of silence, enhancing Clinkz's ability to shred heroes.
- improves Clinkz's attack damage and Pierce to reliably bring down heroes with evasion.
- counters enemy disables so Clinkz can continue to output damage.
- evasion. provides a massive agility and attack speed bonus as well as
- 's mana break snyergizes well with Strafe, allowing Clinkz to quickly burn his target's mana while also dealing bonus damage. The active ability also grants Clinkz a slow to keep targets in place.
- 's critical multiplier massively increases Clinkz's damage output to take advantage of Strafe's attack speed bonus.
- can help Clinkz snowball very hard, as it makes Clinkz difficult to catch. Consider the item in difficult games when split pushing is a key factor for victory.
- hex is undispellable. is comparable to ; it offers less damage output but provides a stronger disable. Unlike Orchid Malevolence,
- enables Clinkz to shred through the enemy's armor, and to better protect himself once the active has expired.
- helps keep enemies within range when using Strafe. It also upgrades into to give you some mobility, and a bit of extra attributes.
- stacks with Searing Arrows, which allows you to chase down heroes while improving all your attributes.
- can enable you to roam more aggressively without fear, and gives good mana regeneration.
- will greatly increase Clinkz's raw damage output, which is useful if you're only looking to take down enemy buildings.