From Dota 2 Wiki
|Clinkz is a great all around ranged carry with high offensive burst damage. Though frail and easy to kill, Skeleton Walk grants Clinkz stealth and haste to escape and re-position himself. This skill is also what makes Clinkz such an incredible ganker. His Searing Arrows provide huge bonus damage, greatly injuring enemies in conjunction with Strafe. Despite his high damage, Clinkz has no disabling abilities, and has difficulty killing enemies once they move out of range.|
|+70 Strafe Attack Speed||25||+125 Attack Range|
|+10 All Stats||20||20% Evasion|
|+30 Searing Arrows Damage||15||+15 Strength|
|+10% Magic Resistance||10||+10 Intelligence|
- The magic resistance and evasion stack multiplicatively with other sources of magic resistance and evasion.
- The attack range talent also affects the cast range of Searing Arrows.
Tips & Tactics
- Clinkz has one of the slowest attack animations in the game. Time his attacks carefully to get last hits.
- Clinkz relies on successful early to mid game ganks to be effective.
- The simplest way to gank is to go invisible with Skeleton Walk, position Clinkz behind an enemy, then activate Strafe before attacking to land as many arrows as possible.
- This is made easier with an Orchid Malevolence, which prevents enemies from using a disable or escape ability.
- Enemies farming in the jungle are prime targets for Clinkz to gank with this tactic.
- The worst case scenario is for the target to simple move out of range before Clinkz lands enough arrows. Position Clinkz close to the target or wait until the target is distracted before breaking invisibility.
- While he can be an excellent ganker, Clinkz is extremely fragile and puts out huge amounts of DPS, making him a priority target in teamfights. Try to let teammates initiate while you dance around the edge of the fight dealing damage to distracted or disabled opponents.
- If you are focusing on early game ganking, level Strafe as your second ability to max as the decreased cooldown makes you a great threat.
- If you are playing as the team's late game carry, maxing Skeleton Walk keeps Clinkz safe and able to move quickly into untaken lanes and the jungle to farm.
- Strafe's attack speed bonus is constant at all levels, so one point is enough for the early game.
- Strafe's short duration and long cooldown during the early game means it should be used very carefully.
- Combined with Searing Arrows, Strafe can deplete Clinkz's mana very quickly during the early game. Make sure to retain enough for Skeleton Walk in case you need to escape from failed gank attempts.
- When using Strafe in combination with items like Orchid Malevolence or Medallion of Courage, try to use the item first, then use Strafe to secure the kill.
- More tips needed
- Searing Arrows is usually leveled first because its high damage helps Clinkz score last hits.
- During the early game, a few Searing Arrows will do enough damage to harass opponents out of lane. Cast it manually (orbwalking) to avoid drawing aggro.
- However, Clinkz should still prioritize on getting last hits for himself.
- Searing Arrows can be quite mana intensive in the early game. An Orchid Malevolence is usually purchased to offset its mana needs.
- Searing Arrow's high damage will take down buildings very quickly. Coupled with Skeleton Walk, it allows Clinkz to push lanes efficiently.
- Searing Arrows is not a Unique Attack Modifier, meaning it can be used in combination with items like Morbid Mask.
- More tips needed.
- Use Skeleton Walk a good amount of time before you expect to ambush an enemy, or appear in a fight. This triggers the cooldown early, therefore allowing you it again soon after, either for a quick escape or to chase down any survivors.
- Use Skeleton Walk before crossing commonly warded spots, such as the river, to avoid being seen coming.
- Make sure to use Skeleton Walk every time you can. The movement speed allows you to easilly chase down limping heroes, move from one lane to the other and escape from a failed gank/teamfight.
- More tips needed.
- Death Pact's bonuses depends on the creep it sacrifices. The higher the creep's current health, the higher the bonuses Clinkz gains.
- In the late game, Clinkz could devour Mega Melee Creeps that have (static) 1270 HP, thus giving him 635/889/1114 bonus health and 63.5/89/111 bonus base damage.
- Use Death Pact before an impending fight to make sure Clinkz has enough durability and damage.
- Death Pact cannot sacrifice ancient creeps.
- Death Pact's long cooldown means that Clinkz should be using it as wisely as possible, i.e. on large jungle creeps, or on full HP creeps/summons in the middle of a fight.
- Use Death Pact to deny and enemy jungler some farm. Taking the largest creep while leaving the smaller ones will prevent the camp from respawning.
- Death Pact instantly kills dominated or controlled units, such as those used by Chen or Enchantress, and units from Necronomicon.
- An ally's Helm of the Dominator can be used to increase a creep's HP before consuming it with Death Pact. It can also be used on any enemy or neutral creep, healing it to maximum health before consuming it.
- It is not recommended for Clinkz to buy Helm of the Dominator himself.
- More tips needed.
- Tango give Clinkz the basic health regeneration to stay longer in lane.
- Healing Salve can save Clinkz at the very last second in an emergency.
- Clarity helps Clinkz dominate the lane by harassing your enemies with Searing Arrows.
- Ring of Aquila gives improved damage and mana regeneration, allowing better use of Searing Arrows.
- Magic Wand helps against enemies that can spam spells.
- Soul Ring can solve Clinkz's mana problems, if cast before using Death Pact it effectively costs 0 HP, and allows Death Pact to be used on cooldown.
- Blight Stone helps in early ganking or pushing, as well as harrassing enemies in lane. It can be upgraded into a Desolator or a Medallion of Courage that also provides some much needed mana regeneration. It's not unheard of to get both these items. You can therefore get an early Blight Stone, finish a Medallion of Courage, and immediately get a second Blight Stone.
- Power Treads help you attack faster to improve the effectiveness of Searing Arrows.
- Orchid Malevolence solves Clinkz's mana problems associated with using Searing Arrows and allows you to silence heroes. This allows Clinkz to gank more effectively and disable enemies abilities in fights. Can be upgraded to Bloodthorn, to further increase your damage and can serve as a substitute to Monkey King Bar.
- Desolator stacks with Searing Arrows, which adds more killing capabilities, and dispose heroes with low health pool quickly.
- Monkey King Bar improves Clinkz's damage per second and gives a passive mini-stun which can cancel channeling spells such as Town Portal Scroll.
- Butterfly provides a massive agility and attack speed bonus as well as evasion.
- Diffusal Blade can be useful if the enemy team has multiple Ghost Scepters or Ethereal Blades. With fast reflexes, it can also be used to purge the active from Glimmer Cape.
- Daedalus's critical multiplier will massively increase Clinkz's damage output once he acquires a few damage or stat boosting items.
- Blink Dagger can help Clinkz snowball very hard, as it makes Clinkz difficult to catch. It can be considered in difficult games where split pushing is a key factor for victory.
- Scythe of Vyse is an alternative to Orchid Malevolence that offers less dps but provides a stronger disable.
- Black King Bar should be built in most situations to counter enemy stuns, silences, etc.
- Solar Crest enables Clinkz to shred through the enemy's armor, and protect yourself once the active has expired.
- Dragon Lance helps keep enemies within range when using Strafe. It also upgrades into Hurricane Pike to give you some mobility, and a bit of extra stats.
- Eye of Skadi stacks with Searing Arrows, which allows you to chase down heroes whilst improving all your stats.
- Linken's Sphere can enable you to roam more aggressively without fear, and gives good mana regeneration.
- Moon Shard will greatly increase Clinkz's raw DPS, which is useful if you're only looking to take down enemy buildings.