From Dota 2 Wiki
|Hero||Strategy||Counters||Equipment||Gear||Responses||Sounds||Lore||Old Abilities||Changelogs||Known Bugs|
Bad against...Bounty Hunter
- Track keeps Clinkz visible.
- Thirst reveals Clinkz if he tries to escape with Skeleton Walk with low health. It also allows Bloodseeker to match or exceed Clinkz's speed.
- If Clinkz is Ruptured he cannot use the bonus movement speed from Skeleton Walk to escape or reposition in fights without being hurt.
- Bloodseeker can easily build items to counter Clinkz, including Talisman of Evasion upgrades, Blade Mail, and armor items.
- Untouchable prevents Clinkz from harassing Enchantress in lane by lowering his attack speed.
- Enchant slows Clinkz and displels Strafe, leaving him exposed and with less offensive capabilities.
- Nature's Attendants helps Enchantress to sustain from Clinkz' harrass in Lane.
- Hex and Earth Spike can hold Clinkz down, giving him no chance to use Black King Bar or Skeleton Walk.
- Finger of Death will often be sufficient damage to pick Clinkz to the bone early game if he hasn't used Death Pact.
- Slardar can reveal Clinkz with Corrosive Haze and make him easy to kill.
- Slardar's Guardian Sprint can match speed with Clinkz's Skeleton Walk.
- The stun and slow from Slardar's Slithereen Crush can hold Clinkz in place.
- Possibly Clinkz's worst enemy. He has many tools to utterly destroy Clinkz.
- Charge of Darkness can be used on Clinkz if Spirit Breaker's team spots him anywhere. This charge will track his location through Skeleton Walk's invisibility and movement speed bonuses.
- When Spirit Breaker charges onto Clinkz he can easily use Dust of Appearance to guarantee a reveal on him while stunned.
- All three of Spirit Breaker's spells help him and his team quickly close the gap to Clinkz even at the edge of his attack range or when running away with Skeleton Walk.
- Spirit Breaker's high strength and above average armor makes him able to endure Clinkz's onslaught, meanwhile Clinkz will be heavily threatened if Spirit Breaker procs a Greater Bash.
- Clinkz will often roam the map alone, and Treant Protector's Nature's Guise allows him to set up kills with his allies on Clinkz from invisibility.
- Treant Protector is one of the only heroes with more attack damage than Clinkz in the laning phase, allowing him to trade hits with Living Armor and contest Clinkz's last hits.
- In teamfights, Treant Protector's Overgrowth can disarm Clinkz, prevent him from turning invisible, and hold him in place even if he has a Black King Bar.
- Living Armor protects any of Treant's allies ganked by Clinkz globally.
- Treant Protector's Leech Seed can slow Clinkz, preventing him from repositioning or fleeing away from danger.
- Heroes that can burn or drain mana in the lane, such as Outworld Devourer, Lion, and Anti-Mage reduce Clinkz's ability to last hit with Searing Arrows or escape with Skeleton Walk.
- Another hero that can destroy Clinkz early game is Nyx Assassin, as he is another ganker with burst damage who can reflect Clinkz's slow-moving attacks with Spiked Carapace. Though he can be countered with Sentry Wards, unlike Spirit Breaker.
- Heroes that excel at grouping up with their team very early will be able to take advantage of a Clinkz that tries to pick off heroes that are alone: Brewmaster, Dazzle, Tidehunter
- Heroes with ridiculously high armour like Dragon Knight and Sven or with ability to cause attacks to miss like Phantom Assassin and Tinker will be an absolute pain to deal with, as Clinkz relies almost entirely on physical attacks.
- Abilities that grant True Sight, such as Zeus' Lightning Bolt and Thundergod's Wrath can reveal Clinkz on the minimap to the rest of his enemies.
- Dust of Appearance, Gem of True Sight and Sentry Wards are very effective against Clinkz's invisibility, though he still has high movement speed while invisible.
- Blade Mail can deal huge damage to Clinkz, as it returns the damage Clinkz deals, and Clinkz has no way to heal himself in a fight or protect against this damage with Black King Bar. Due to his high attack speed and range, Clinkz can have 3-4 attack projectiles flying at once, which are easy to reflect with Blade Mail.
- Clinkz lacks any kind of disable, relying most times on an Orchid Malevolence or Scythe of Vyse. Linken's Sphere blocks these and allows his target to escape. Lotus Orb can dispel them and also provides armor that protects from Clinkz's attacks. These items prove useless if Clinkz goes for a full damage build however.
- All of Clinkz's damage comes from his attacks. If an enemy can build high amounts of armor, such as Vladmir's Offering or Assault Cuirass, Clinkz becomes much less of a threat to them. Special mention goes to Shiva's Guard which also slows Clinkz's attack speed.
- After emerging from invisibility, items such as Force Staff and Hurricane Pike can be used to create distance between Clinkz and his target, preventing Clinkz from dealing damage.
- Anti-Mage's Spell Shield provides no protection against Clinkz's physical damage output.
- Clinkz can easily rush an Orchid Malevolence. If he does he can use his invisibility to infiltrate the enemy's Jungle and gank Anti-Mage for as long as he has not farmed a Manta Style.
- Clinkz does heavy damage to towers, and can take map control away from Anti-Mage to limit the space he has to farm early game. If Clinkz is ahead he is capable of ending the game before Anti-Mage becomes a threat. He can also match Anti-Mage's ability to split push.
- Ember Spirit's Flame Guard provides no protection against Clinkz's physical damage output.
- Ember Spirit's low armor and health make him easy to kill quickly if a teammate can hold him down.
- If Clinkz has farmed a disable item he can use invisibility to hunt down Ember Spirit while he farms or split pushes alone.
- Huskar's Berserker's Blood provides no protection against Clinkz's physical damage output.
- Huskar has no way to disrupt Clinkz's attacks and no way to kill Clinkz alone, as Clinkz can easily go invisible, teleport away, or even fight back.
- Clinkz will often build the items that counter Huskar and the items he usually builds. These include Black King Bar or Monkey King Bar for Huskar's Heaven's Halberdor Solar Crest, physical damage items like Desolator or Crystalys to go through his Berserker's Blood, or a disable item like Scythe of Vyse or Bloodthorn to prevent him from healing with Inner Vitality or lifesteal.
- Nature's Prophet is often by himself. Clinkz can use invisibility to hunt him down and kill him, although a Quelling Blade may be needed to cut through his Sprout. Orchid Malevolence may also be needed if 3-4 seconds are not enough time to kill him, as he can teleport away.
- Clinkz can match Nature's Prophet's ability to split push.
- Nature's Prophet does not offer any way to threaten Clinkz in teamfights. He has enough tankiness after Death Pact to shrug off his attacks and the range to fight back out of a Sprout.
- Rubick's Null Field provides him and his team no protection against Clinkz's physical damage output.
- Rubick's low armor and health make him extremely weak to Clinkz's damage output; he can easily die in just a few attacks.
- Death Pact gives Clinkz so much health and damage that Fade Bolt's reduction and burst becomes negligible after the laning phase.
- Clinkz's spells are quite bad to Spell Steal, especially Strafe, the only one he usually casts near enemy heroes.
- Any hero who spends a lot of time alone and has not farmed an item like Ghost Scepter to protect themselves is easy food for a Clinkz with Orchid Malevolence or Scythe of Vyse.
- Clinkz can instantly kill many non-hero units with Death Pact. This makes him decent against anyone who relies on them, like those who use neutral creeps or Necronomicon.
- If a hero cannot quickly close a gap Clinkz can often kill them in the time it takes them to reach him in a teamfight.
Works well with...Chen
- Chen's Holy Persuasion can take control of neutral/enemy creeps, giving them the skill's minimium base health, ranging from 700 to 1000 (1700-2000 with Chen's level 20 Talent - +1000 Creep Min Health), giving him up to 1800 bonus maximium HP and 180 base attack damage in 65 seconds when Death Pact is used on the converted creep, increasing his survivability and damage output in teamfights.
- Drow Rangers Precision Aura provides massive boost to Clinkz' damage output.
- Her Frost Arrows also slows enemies that aid Clinkz to attack the target more easily.
- She also has a strong silence, allowing Clinkz to save up his Orchid's ability.
- Clinkz is vulnerable to magical damage bursts as he has low health. Repel can eliminate this issue.
- In the laning phase, Clinkz can go invisible and stand next to enemies so that Purification's damage hits them for sure, setting up a kill this way.
- Degen Aura's strong slow allows Clinkz to get more attacks off on enemies.
- Vengeful Spirit can use Wave of Terror to decrease the armor of enemies. This will amplify all of Clinkz's damage.
- Clinkz has no crowd control. Vengeful Spirit's Magic Missile can keep enemies in place so Clinkz can hit them. She can also bring back escaping enemies with Nether Swap.
- Vengeful Spirit's Vengeance Aura amplifies Clinkz's physical damage further.
- If Clinkz is cornered by the enemy team Vengeful Spirit can Nether Swap him out to the edge of a teamfight where he can safely deal damage.