Clinkz, the Bone Fletcher is a ranged agility carry specializing in ambushing lone Heroes with high physical damage and incredible speed. Though frail and easy to kill, Skeleton Walk grants Clinkz stealth and haste to escape and re-position himself. This skill is also what makes Clinkz such an incredible ganker. This assassin is also equipped with Strafe boosting his attack speed to insane levels for a short time. Searing Arrows provide huge bonus damage, greatly injuring enemies in conjunction with Strafe. To aid his assault, Clinkz can form a Death Pact and absorb a creature's life for greater damage and health, making him not only able to take more hits, but hit harder as well.
|Clinkz, the Bone Fletcher|
|Play "Better to run than curse the road."|
|Role:||Carry / Escape / Pusher|
|Lore:|| At the base of the Bleeding Hills stretches a thousand-league wood—a place called The Hoven, where black pools gather the tarry blood of the uplands, and the king-mage Sutherex sits in benevolent rule. Once a sworn protector of the Hoven lands, Clinkz earned a reputation for his skill with a bow. In the three-hundredth year of the king-mage, the demon Maraxiform rose from sixth hell to lay claim to the forest. In response, the king-mage decreed an unbreakable spell: to any who slew the demon would be granted Life Without End.|
Unaware of the spell, Clinkz waded into battle, defending his lands against the demon’s fiery onslaught. Clinkz drove Maraxiform back to the gates of sixth-hell itself, where on that fiery threshold the two locked in a mortal conflict. Grievously wounded, the demon let out a blast of hellfire as Clinkz loosed his final arrow. The arrow struck the demon true as hellfire poured out across the land, lighting the black pools and burning Clinkz alive at the instant of the demon’s death. Thus, the mage’s spell took effect at the very moment of the archer’s conflagration, preserving him in this unholy state, leaving him a being of bones and rage, caught in the very act of dying, carrying hell’s breath with him on his journey into eternity.
|Voice:||Michael Gregory (Responses)|
- Strafe does not interrupt Clinkz' channeling spells upon cast.
- Searing Arrows can be disjointed.
- Deals its damage in a separate instance and thus is unaffected by the damage reduction from e.g. Static Link or Enfeeble.
- However, this also means that Clinkz cannot lifesteal off the damage, it cannot crit and cannot be amplified with e.g. Empower or the Double Damage Rune.
- Skeleton Walk does not interrupt Clinkz' channeling spells upon cast.
- During the fade time, Clinkz can cast spells, use items and perform attacks without breaking the invisibility.
- Invisibility is broken upon reaching the cast point of spells or items, or upon launching an attack.
- Clinkz can pick up or drop items without breaking the invisibility.
- The targeted unit is instantly killed, counting as a regular last hit.
- The health and damage bonus are based on the targeted unit's current health.
- The damage is directly added to Clinkz' base attack damage, so it is subject to lifesteal, crits, damage reduction (e.g. Enfeeble) and amplification (e.g. Empower).
- Increases Clinkz' maximum and current health, effectively healing him for the amount.
- When the Death Pact buff expires, Clinkz' maximum health returns to normal, but his current health is kept, without exceeding his maximum health.
- Successive casts of Death Pact do not stack, instead the newest Death Pact buff replaces the old one.
- Can be cast on allied creeps.
|+70 Strafe Attack Speed||25||+125 Attack Range|
|+10 All Stats||20||20% Evasion|
|+30 Searing Arrows Damage||15||+15 Strength|
|+10% Magic Resistance||10||+10 Intelligence|
- The magic resistance and evasion stack multiplicatively with other sources of magic resistance and evasion.
- The attack range talent also affects the cast range of Searing Arrows.
- Tango give Clinkz the basic health regeneration to stay longer in lane.
- Healing Salve can save Clinkz at the very last second in an emergency.
- Clarity is very important since you need to dominate the lane by harassing your enemies with Searing Arrows' hits, you need to refill your small mana pool in the first 5 min of the match.
- Ring of Aquila gives improved damage and mana regeneration, allowing better use of Searing Arrows.
- Magic Wand helps against enemies that can spam spells.
- Soul Ring can solve Clinkz's mana problems, if cast before using Death Pact it effectively costs 0 HP, and allows Death Pact to be used on cooldown.
- Blight Stone will help you for very early ganks or pushes, or simply to harass an enemy even further. It will later upgrade into a Desolator or, at a cheaper cost, a Medallion of Courage that also provides some much needed mana regen. It's not unheard of to get both these items. You can therefore get an early Blight Stone, finish a Medallion and immediately get a second Blight Stone.
- Power Treads help you attack faster to improve the effectiveness of Searing Arrows.
- Desolator stacks with Searing Arrows, which adds more killing capabilities, and dispose heroes with low health pool quickly.
- Monkey King Bar improves Clinkz's damage per second and gives a passive mini-stun which can cancel channeling spells such as Town Portal Scroll.
- Orchid Malevolence solves Clinkz's mana problems associated with using Searing Arrows and allows you to silence heroes. This allows Clinkz to gank more effectively and disable enemies abilities in fights. Can be upgraded to Bloodthorn, which is very good late game item for Clinkz.
- Daedalus greatly increases Clinkz's DPS because, when combined with Strafe, he does roughly 2 attacks per second with the skill active. Combined with Power Treads and Orchid Malevolence it makes it much more likely to crit multiple times in a short period.
- Butterfly provides a massive agility and attack speed bonus as well as evasion.
- Diffusal Blade can be useful if the enemy team has multiple Ghost Scepters or Ethereal Blades. With fast reflexes, it can also be used to purge the active from Glimmer Cape.
- Blink Dagger can help Clinkz snowball very hard, as it makes Clinkz difficult to catch. Also you may consider buying it in difficult game situations where split pushing is a key factor for victory.
- Scythe of Vyse is an alternative to Orchid Malevolence that offers less dps but provides a stronger disable.
- Black King Bar should be built in most situations to counter enemy stuns, silences, etc.
- Bone Fletcher's Alternate/Fun name was "Clinkz Eastwood", a pun on the name of famed actor Clint Eastwood.
- The line, Play "Better to run than curse the road." is a reference to a Wolof (Senegal) proverb, "Better to walk than curse the road".
- The phrase Play "Thy Flesh Consumed." may be referred to the fourth and final episode of Ultimate Doom game, and also to King James version of the Bible "And thou mourne at the last, when thy flesh and thy body are consumed" PROVERBS 5:11.
- Clinkz's phrase Play "Ashes to ashes." may be a reference to David Bowie's 1980 song Ashes to Ashes.
Low Violence model