- instantly kills your creeps.
- Crystal Maiden has a lot of AOE dmg between and to clear your creeps out side and during team fights.
- Enchantress can turn Chen's own creeps against him with . The creeps still keep the health buff Holy Persuasion granted them.
- and make her difficult to kill.
- Earthshaker's will deal intense damage due to the amount of creeps Chen will have.
- and deal large amounts of AOE damage, wearing down non-ancient creeps that Chen converts.
- Chen's fragilty and low mobility make him an enticing target.
- and can take advantage of converted creeps' numbers.
- With enough damage from stacks, Legion Commander can also often kill any of Chen's unfortunate allies before he can use Hand of God.
- locks down Chen and his converted creeps.
- and can destroy Chen and his creeps quickly.
- minimizes damage taken from creeps' attacks.
- Lina's high damage burst from , and can easily kill Chen's allies or Chen himself before he can use Hand of God.
- Luna's and can easily kill Chen's creeps.
- Monkey King can kill Chen or any of his allies with his physical damage burst from and before he can use Hand of God.
- None of the neutral creeps have any abilities to destroy trees, which makes Chen susceptible for ganks with and .
- Venomancer's damage over time can force Chen to use Hand of God prematurely, potentially wasting a chance to save his allies during a teamfight.
- and can clear Chen's creeps, and kill his allies before he uses Hand of God.
- can quickly clear Chen's creeps and deal intense damage to his allies.
- Snad King's and will deal a large amount of damage to Chen's creeps.
- will quickly clear Chen's creeps at low health.
- With , Timbersaw can slow, catch up with, or escape from Chen and his creeps.
- can clear Chen's creeps and slow him.
- Attacks from multiple creeps quickly build stacks.
- can do a decent damage overtime to Chen's High-Health-Creep Army, and Chen does not have any source of burst damage to Necrophos.
- Necrophos can purchase a to provide an AOE debuff that reduce the healing from Divine Favor and Hand of God.
- will prevent Chen from activating Hand of God.
- and can clear Chen's creeps and heavily damage Chen.
- heavily damages Chen and slows him, while healing Death Prophet.
- Dark Seer's and can clear a wave of Chen's Creeps effectively.
- Chen has no area-of-effect spells to deal with Broodmother's spiderlings and must rely on his creeps to take care of them.
- can kill Chen's creeps and spawn spiderlings in their place.
- allows Broodmother to disrupt Chen's jungling.
- and let Broodmother easily win fights against Chen.
- Alchemist's can heavily damage Chen's creeps and disrupt his jungling.
- Alchemist builds items like and , allowing him to quickly clear Chen's creeps.
- Alchemist's will grant him more bonus gold as he kills Chen's creeps.
- Razor's and the passive from can damage and clear Chen's creep army.
- Chen has no escape mechanisms, making him easy prey for .
- will strike Chen's creeps around Razor.
- Phoenix's large damage over time with and can kill Chen's allies before he can use Hand of God.
- Phoenix's is not damaged by Chen's creeps.
- Elder Titan's ability gives him bonus damage for each converted creep it passes through.
- and will often kill him or any of his allies quickly before he has time to use Hand of God.
- slows Chen and amplifies Batrider's damage.
- and can deal heavy damage to Chen and his creeps.
- pulls Chen away from his creeps, often to certain death.
- prevents healing from Hand of God.
- will clear easily Chen's creeps.
- will trap Chen and render him helpless.
- gives bonus damage to Underlord for each killed creep and weakens Chen's damage.
- can counter Chen's pushing attempts, and he has nothing to intercept it.
- Heroes with cleave abilities and area of effect damage can make quick work of Chen's converted creeps and at same time gain farm: , , , , , , , .
- Illusion and heroes with summons are difficult to kill with Chen's single-target offensive spells: , , , , , , . However, Chen can convert enemy summons with Holy Persuasion, as long as they don't bunch up.
- Invisibility heroes can sneak past Chen's creeps and pick him off: , , .
- Heroes that can instantly kill creeps greatly reduce the effectiveness of Chen's converted army: , , , .
- Hand of God has a long cooldown, so damage over time spells can be hazardous for Chen, forcing him to use it prematurely: , , , , .
- Heroes with damage burst can often kill Chen or his allies before he can use Hand of God: , , , , .
- will greatly hinder the converted creeps' damage output, while the slow from Arctic Blast will make Chen and his creeps easy targets.
- 's Burst damage can quickly finish off Chen's teammates before he is able to use Hand of God.
- allows melee heroes to destroy converted creeps.
- and allows ranged heroes to destroy converted creeps.
- instantly kills converted creeps, and grants farm in process.
- blocks the abilities of both Chen and his creeps.
- dispels Penitence and can make Chen waste spells on illusions.
- allows heroes to bypass Chen's creeps and pick him off.
- can take control of converted creeps.
- will deal area damage to all of Chen's converted creeps.
- provide an AOE healing reduction, effectively reduce the healing from Divine Favor and Hand of God
- His creeps can trigger and , wasting them.
- Chen in the early game is a faster pusher than Arc Warden until Arc Warden buys Maelstrom or Necronomicon.
- Chen can take control of the Boar from at anytime.
- Due to Clockwerk's slow damage output, Chen can often save a trapped ally with Hand of God.
- Clockwerk does not have any source of damage to deal with Chen Creeps.
- Chen can use his creep to block Clockwerk's attempts to use
- is not very effective against Chen's creeps
- Chen can use his creeps to cover him or his allies from any attempts of
- or under Chen's control can interrupt
- Bane has zero Spells to deal with multiple Chen's Creeps.
- can be easily interrupted by and abilites.
- Shadow Shaman has no effective burst damage, thus Chen has a lot of time to save an ally with his creeps or Hand of God from a gank.
- Chen can use or to interrupt Shadow shaman's channeling
- can be easily teared down by Chen's creep army
- Heroes with no stun and escape abilities (such as Bloodseeker) are vunerable as Chen can easily gank lanes from the jungle early game and score kills using Petinence.
- Heroes who lack area damage spells won't fare well against Chen as he can send his controlled units to push lanes without putting himself at risk.
- Hand of God and Divine Favor makes it hard for to finish off allies with .
Works well with...
- benefits Chen's creeps.
- Together with Chen's creeps they have a lot of lane pressure.
- gives attack speed, armor and health regen to all Chen's creeps.
- Beastmaster's allows Chen's creeps to push towers quicker.
- Enigma's together with Chen's creeps they have strong damage output during the laning phase, Especially towards squishy heroes as , or .
- can use Chen's creeps as targets for teleportation.