From Dota 2 Wiki
- Enchantress can turn Chen's own creeps against him with .
- and make her difficult to bring down.
- Earthshaker's will deal intense damage due to the amount of creeps Chen will have.
- and deal large amounts of AOE damage, wearing down non-ancient creeps that Chen converts.
- Chen's frailty and low mobility make him an enticing target.
- and can take advantage of converted creeps' numbers.
- With enough damage from stacks, Legion Commander can also often kill any of Chen's unfortunate allies before he can use Hand of God.
- locks down Chen and his converted creeps.
- and can destroy Chen and his creeps quickly.
- minimizes damage taken from creeps' attacks.
- Lina's and can easily kill Chen's converted creeps
- Lina's high damage burst from , and can easily kill Chen's allies before he can use Hand of God.
- Luna's and can easily kill Chen's converted creeps
- Luna's can often kill Chen's allies before he can use Hand of God.
- Monkey King can kill Chen or any of his allies with his physical damage burst from and before he can use Hand of God.
- None of neutral creeps have ability to destroy trees, which makes Chen susceptible for gankings with and .
- Venomancer's damage over time can also force Chen to use Hand of God prematurely, potentially wasting chance to save his allies during teamfight.
- Abaddon's can nullify Chen's Penitence and any of his converted creep's debuffs.
- also will damage any of Chen's creeps around it.
- and can clear Chen's creeps, and kill his allies before he uses Hand of God.
- can quickly clear Chen's creeps and deal intense damage to his allies.
- Snad King's and will deal large damage to Chen's creeps.
- Chen has nothing to detect Sand King when he is channeling .
- will quickly clear Chen's creeps at low health.
- With , Timbersaw can slow, catch up with, or escape from Chen and his creeps.
- can clear Chen's creeps and slow him.
- Attacks from multiple creeps quickly build stacks.
- allows Necrophos to kill Chen's allies with more often before he can use Hand of God.
- Due to Chen's poor damage output, Necrophos will often have more than enough time to save allies with .
- With , will prevent activating Hand of God.
- and can clear Chen's creeps and heavily damage Chen.
- heavily damages Chen and slows him, while healing Death Prophet.
- Dazzle's heavily hurts Chen and quickly destroys his creeps while healing him and his allies.
- forces Chen to use Hand of God prematurely, potentially wasting chance to save his allies during teamfight.
- Dark Seer's and can clear a wave of Chen's Creeps very efficiently.
- Chen has no area-of-effect spells to deal with Broodmother's spiderlings and must rely on his creeps to take care of them.
- can kill Chen's creeps and spawn spiderlings in their place.
- allows Broodmother to disrupt Chen's jungling.
- and let Broodmother easily win fights against Chen.
- Alchemist's can heavily damage Chen's creeps and worsen his jungling.
- Alchemist builds items like and allowing him to quickly clear Chen's creeps.
- Alchemist's will grant him more bonus gold as he kills Chen's creep.
- instantly kills a creep for bonus health and damage, letting Clinkz quickly pick Chen off.
- The bonus health granted by Holy Persuasion is an actual disadvantage for Chen, as it increases Death Pact's bonuses.
- With or , , and , Clinkz can silence Chen and destroy him before he can react.
- Razor's can damage and clear Chen's creep army.
- Chen has no escape mechanisms, making him easy prey for .
- will strike Chen's creeps around Razor.
- Phoenix's large damage overtime with and can kill Chen's allies before he can use Hand of God.
- Phoenix's is not damaged by Chen's creeps.
- Shadow Shaman's can kill Chen's creeps and grant farm to Shadow Shaman in process.
- Chen has no escape mechanisms, making him easy prey for Shadow Shaman's ganking attempts with and .
- Chen also has no solutions to disrupt .
- Elder Titan's ability gives him bonus damage for each converted creep it passes through.
- and will often kill him or any of his allies quickly before he has time to use Hand of God.
- makes it difficult for Chen to land his spells.
- will prevent activating Hand of God, despite not silencing him.
- slows Chen and amplifies Batrider's damage.
- and can deal heavy damage to Chen and his creeps.
- pulls Chen away from his creeps, often to certain death.
- prevents healing from Hand of God.
- Treant Protector can catch Chen off guard thanks to .
- With help of teammates, Treant Protector's ultimate will prevent activating Hand of God, despite not silencing him.
- will clear easily Chen's creeps.
- will trap Chen and render him helpless.
- gives bonus damage to Underlord for each killed creep and weakens Chen's damage.
- can counter Chen's pushing attempts, and he has nothing to intercept it.
- Stuns Creeps for a very long time.
- Heroes with cleave abilities and area of effect damage can make quick work of Chen's converted creeps and at same time gain farm: , , , , , , , .
- Illusion and heroes with summons are difficult to kill with Chen's single-target offensive spells: , , , , , , (However, Chen can convert enemy summons with Holy Persuasion, as long as they don't bunch up, of course).
- Invisibility heroes can sneak past Chen's creeps and pick him off: , , .
- Heroes that can instantly kill creeps greatly reduce the effectiveness of Chen's converted army: , , , .
- Hand of God has a very long cooldown, so damage over time can be rightfully hazardous for Chen, forcing him to use it prematurely: , , , , .
- Heroes with damage burst can often kill Chen or his allies before he can use Hand of God: , , , , , , , , .
- will greatly hinder the converted creeps' damage output, while the slow from Arctic Blast will make Chen and his creeps easy targets.
- 's Burst damage can quickly finish off Chen's teammates before he is able to use Hand of God.
- allows melee heroes to destroy converted creeps.
- and allows ranged heroes to destroy converted creeps.
- instantly kills converted creeps, and grants farm in process.
- blocks Test of Faith and Penitence.
- reflects Chen's targeted abilities.
- blocks the abilities of both Chen and his creeps.
- dispels Penitence and can make Chen waste spells on illusions.
- allows heroes to bypass Chen's creeps and pick him off.
- can take control of converted creeps.
- will deal area damage to all of Chen's converted creeps.
- His creep (and Necronomicon) can trigger Techies Land Mine and Stun Mine.
- Chen early game is a faster pusher than Arc Warden until Arc Warden buy Maelstrom or Necronomicon.
- Visages familiars are quickly destroyed with the creeps help, meaning almost instanly in a team fight visage loses all stuns and a lot of burst.
- Due to Clockwerk's slow damage output, Chen can often save a trapped enemy with Hand of God.
- Heroes with no stun and escape abilities (such as Bloodseeker) as Chen can easily gank lanes from jungle early game and score kills using Petinence.
- Heroes who lack area damage spells as he can send his controlled units to push lanes without putting himself at risk (he can also use Test of Faith to call back creeps from danger).
- Hand of God and Test of Faith makes it hard for to finish off allies with .
Works well with...Clinkz
- benefits from Chen's Holy Persuasion creeps' minimium health threshold (from 700-1000 as the ability gets leveled, and up to 2000 with Chen's level 20 talent and level 4 Holy Persuasion), giving Clinkz up to 1800 bonus maximium HP and 180 base attack damage when a creep under Chen's control is consumed through .
- benefits Chen's creeps.
- grants Chen's creeps bonus damage.
- Beastmaster's allows Chen's creeps to push towers quickly.
- can use Chen's creeps as targets for teleportation; also works well as the users can get back in action immediately after Chen has used Holy Persuasion to send them to fountain to heal or escape ganks.