- Enchantress can turn Chen's own creeps against him with .
- and make her difficult to bring down.
- Earthshaker's will deal intense damage due to the amount of creeps Chen will have.
- and deal large amounts of AOE damage, wearing down non-ancient creeps that Chen converts.
- Chen's frailty and low mobility make him an enticing target.
- and can take advantage of converted creeps' numbers.
- With enough damage from stacks, Legion Commander can also often kill any of Chen's unfortunate allies before he can use Hand of God.
- locks down Chen and his converted creeps.
- and can destroy Chen and his creeps quickly.
- minimizes damage taken from creeps' attacks.
- Lina's and can easily kill Chen's converted creeps
- Lina's high damage burst from , and can easily kill Chen's allies before he can use Hand of God.
- Luna's and can easily kill Chen's converted creeps
- Luna's can often kill Chen's allies before he can use Hand of God.
- Monkey King can kill Chen or any of his allies with his physical damage burst from and before he can use Hand of God.
- None of neutral creeps have ability to destroy trees, which makes Chen susceptible for gankings with and .
- Venomancer's damage over time can also force Chen to use Hand of God prematurely, potentially wasting chance to save his allies during teamfight.
- Abaddon's can nullify Chen's Penitence and any of his converted creep's debuffs.
- also will damage any of Chen's creeps around it.
- and can clear Chen's creeps, and kill his allies before he uses Hand of God.
- can quickly clear Chen's creeps and deal intense damage to his allies.
- Snad King's and will deal large damage to Chen's creeps.
- Chen has nothing to detect Sand King when he is channeling .
- will quickly clear Chen's creeps at low health.
- With , Timbersaw can slow, catch up with, or escape from Chen and his creeps.
- can clear Chen's creeps and slow him.
- Attacks from multiple creeps quickly build stacks.
- allows Necrophos to kill Chen's allies with more often before he can use Hand of God.
- Due to Chen's poor damage output, Necrophos will often have more than enough time to save allies with .
- With , will prevent activating Hand of God.
- and can clear Chen's creeps and heavily damage Chen.
- heavily damages Chen and slows him, while healing Death Prophet.
- heavily hurts Chen and quickly destroys his creeps while healing him and his allies.
- outpowers Penitence, due to its large area of effect.
- Dark Seer's and can clear a wave of Chen's Creeps very efficiently.
- Chen has no area-of-effect spells to deal with Broodmother's spiderlings and must rely on his creeps to take care of them.
- can kill Chen's creeps and spawn spiderlings in their place.
- allows Broodmother to disrupt Chen's jungling.
- and let Broodmother easily win fights against Chen.
- Alchemist's can heavily damage Chen's creeps and worsen his jungling.
- Alchemist builds items like and allowing him to quickly clear Chen's creeps.
- Alchemist's will grant him more bonus gold as he kills Chen's creep.
- instantly kills a creep for bonus health and damage, letting Clinkz quickly pick Chen off.
- The bonus health granted by Holy Persuasion is an actual disadvantage for Chen, as it increases Death Pact's bonuses.
- With or , , and , Clinkz can silence Chen and destroy him before he can react.
- Razor's can damage and clear Chen's creep army.
- Chen has no escape mechanisms, making him easy prey for .
- will strike Chen's creeps around Razor.
- Phoenix's large damage overtime with and can kill Chen's allies before he can use Hand of God.
- Phoenix's is not damaged by Chen's creeps.
- Shadow Shaman's can kill Chen's creeps and grant farm to Shadow Shaman in process.
- Chen has no escape mechanisms, making him easy prey for Shadow Shaman's ganking attempts with and .
- Chen also has no solutions to disrupt .
- Elder Titan's ability gives him bonus damage for each converted creep it passes through.
- and will often kill him or any of his allies quickly before he has time to use Hand of God.
- makes it difficult for Chen to land his spells.
- will prevent activating Hand of God, despite not silencing him.
- slows Chen and amplifies Batrider's damage.
- and can deal heavy damage to Chen and his creeps.
- pulls Chen away from his creeps, often to certain death.
- prevents healing from Hand of God.
- Treant Protector can catch Chen off guard thanks to .
- With help of teammates, Treant Protector's ultimate will prevent activating Hand of God, despite not silencing him.
- will clear easily Chen's creeps.
- will trap Chen and render him helpless.
- gives bonus damage to Underlord for each killed creep and weakens Chen's damage.
- can counter Chen's pushing attempts, and he has nothing to intercept it.
- Stuns Creeps for a very long time.
- Heroes with cleave abilities and area of effect damage can make quick work of Chen's converted creeps and at same time gain farm: , , , , , , , .
- Illusion and heroes with summons are difficult to kill with Chen's single-target offensive spells: , , , , , , (However, Chen can convert enemy summons with Holy Persuasion, as long as they don't bunch up, of course).
- Invisibility heroes can sneak past Chen's creeps and pick him off: , , .
- Heroes that can instantly kill creeps greatly reduce the effectiveness of Chen's converted army: , , , .
- Hand of God has a very long cooldown, so damage over time can be rightfully hazardous for Chen, forcing him to use it prematurely: , , , , .
- Heroes with damage burst can often kill Chen or his allies before he can use Hand of God: , , , , , , , , .
- will greatly hinder the converted creeps' damage output, while the slow from Arctic Blast will make Chen and his creeps easy targets.
- 's Burst damage can quickly finish off Chen's teammates before he is able to use Hand of God.
- allows melee heroes to destroy converted creeps.
- and allows ranged heroes to destroy converted creeps.
- instantly kills converted creeps, and grants farm in process.
- reflects Chen's targeted abilities.
- blocks the abilities of both Chen and his creeps.
- dispels Penitence and can make Chen waste spells on illusions.
- allows heroes to bypass Chen's creeps and pick him off.
- can take control of converted creeps.
- will deal area damage to all of Chen's converted creeps.
- His creep (and Necronomicon) can trigger Techies Land Mine and Stun Mine.
- Chen early game is a faster pusher than Arc Warden until Arc Warden buys Maelstrom or Necronomicon.
- Visages familiars are quickly destroyed with the creeps help, meaning almost instanly in a team fight visage loses all stuns and a lot of burst.
- Due to Clockwerk's slow damage output, Chen can often save a trapped enemy with Hand of God.
- Heroes with no stun and escape abilities (such as Bloodseeker) as Chen can easily gank lanes from jungle early game and score kills using Petinence.
- Heroes who lack area damage spells as he can send his controlled units to push lanes without putting himself at risk.
- Hand of God and Divine Favor makes it hard for to finish off allies with .
Works well with...
- benefits Chen's creeps.
- Beastmaster's allows Chen's creeps to push towers quicker.
- can use Chen's creeps as targets for teleportation; also works well as the users can get back in action immediately after Chen has used Holy Persuasion to send them to fountain to heal or escape ganks.