From Dota 2 Wiki
- Enchantress can turn Chen's own creeps against him with Enchant.
- Untouchable and Nature's Attendants make her difficult to bring down.
- Earthshaker's massive area-of-effect damage output and disabling power, particularly Echo Slam, can make quick work of Chen and his converted creeps.
- Chen's frailty and low mobility make him an enticing Duel target.
- Overwhelming Odds and Moment of Courage can take advantage of converted creeps' numbers.
- With enough damage from Duel stacks, Legion Commander can also often kill any of Chen's unfortunate allies before he can use Hand of God.
- Storm Hammer locks down Chen and his converted creeps.
- Great Cleave and God's Strength can destroy Chen and his creeps quickly.
- Warcry minimizes damage taken from creeps' attacks.
- Lina's Dragon Slave and Light Strike Array can easily kill Chen's converted creeps
- Lina's high damage burst from Dragon Slave, Light Strike Array and Laguna Blade can easily kill Chen's allies before he can use Hand of God.
- Luna's Moon Glaive and Lunar Blessing can easily kill Chen's converted creeps
- Luna's Eclipse can often kill Chen's allies before he can use Hand of God.
- Monkey King can kill Chen or any of his allies with his physical damage burst from Boundless Strike and Jingu Mastery before he can use Hand of God.
- None of neutral creeps have ability to destroy trees, which makes Chen susceptible for gankings with Tree Dance and Primal Spring.
- Despite Venomancer's slow damage output, Hand of God and Test of Faith (Teleport) have a very long cooldown, and Chen cannot often save allies with Hand of God from his damage over time.
- Venomancer's damage over time can also force Chen to use Hand of God prematurely, potentially wasting chance to save his allies during teamfight.
- Abaddon's Aphotic Shield can nullify Chen's combo, while clearing Chen's creeps simultaneously.
- Similar to Venomancer, only Jakiro's damage over time is stronger, and Chen cannot often save allies with Hand of God from his damage over time.
- Macropyre can also disrupt Chen's jungling work.
- Sand King can easily clear Chen's creeps with Sand Storm, Burrowstrike and Epicenter.
- Because Test of Faith (Teleport) has a delay before it teleports hero, Sand King can easily stop this with Burrowstrike.
- Chen has nothing to detect Sand King when he is channeling Sand Storm.
- With Timber Chain, Timbersaw can slow, catch up with, or escape from Chen and his creeps.
- Chakram can clear Chen's creeps and slow him.
- Attacks from multiple creeps quickly build Reactive Armor stacks.
- Aghanim's Scepter allows Necrophos to kill Chen's allies with Reaper's Scythe more often before he can use Hand of God.
- Due to Chen's poor damage output, Necrophos will often have more than enough time to save allies with Death Pulse.
- With Silence, will prevent activating Hand of God.
- Crypt Swarm and Exorcism can clear Chen's creeps and heavily damage Chen.
- Spirit Siphon heavily hurts Chen and slows him, while healing Death Prophet.
- Dazzle's Shadow Wave heavily hurts Chen and quickly destroys his creeps while healing him and his allies.
- Poison Touch forces Chen to use Hand of God prematurely, potentially wasting chance to save his allies during teamfight.
- Chen has no area-of-effect spells to deal with Broodmother's spiderlings and must rely on his creeps to take care of them.
- Spawn Spiderlings can kill Chen's creeps and spawn spiderlings in their place.
- Spin Web allows Broodmother to disrupt Chen's jungling.
- Incapacitating Bite and Insatiable Hunger let Broodmother easily win fights against Chen.
- Alchemist's Acid Spray can heavily disrupt Chen's jungling.
- Alchemist loves buying Hand of Midas, which can cancel Chen's pushing attempts.
- Death Pact instantly kills a creep for bonus health and damage, letting Clinkz quickly pick Chen off.
- The bonus health granted by Holy Persuasion is an actual disadvantage for Chen, as it increases Death Pact's bonuses.
- With Orchid Malevolence or Bloodthorn, Strafe, and Searing Arrows, Clinkz can silence Chen and destroy him before he can react.
- Razor's Unstable Current will be always triggered by Chen's single-target spells.
- Chen has no escape mechanisms, making him easy prey for Static Link.
- Not only Phoenix is able to disrupt Chen jungling with Icarus Dive, but also, his damage over time can force Chen to use Hand of God prematurely, potentially wasting chance to save his allies during teamfight.
- Creeps damage and attack speed are very abysmal, so Chen cannot often kill Phoenix when he uses Supernova.
- Shadow Shaman's Ether Shock can kill Chen's creeps and grant farm to Shadow Shaman in process.
- Chen has no escape mechanisms, making him easy prey for Shadow Shaman's ganking attempts with Hex and Shackles.
- Chen also has no solutions to disrupt Shackles.
- Elder Titan's Astral Spirit ability gives him bonus damage for each converted creep it passes through.
- Echo Stomp and Earth Splitter will often kill him or any of his allies quickly before he has time to use Hand of God.
- Mirror Image makes it difficult for Chen to land his spells.
- Ensnare will prevent activating Hand of God, despite not silencing him.
- Sticky Napalm slows Chen and amplifies Batrider's damage.
- Flamebreak and Firefly can deal heavy damage to Chen and his creeps.
- Flaming Lasso pulls Chen away from his creeps, often to certain death.
- Ice Blast prevents healing from both Hand of God and the fountain, preventing attempted Test of Faith (Teleport) saves.
- If he sees Test of Faith's particle effect, Ancient Apparition may launch an Ice Blast at the fountain to snipe the hero being teleported.
- Treant Protector can catch Chen off guard thanks to Nature's Guise.
- With help of teammates, Treant Protector's ultimate Overgrowth will prevent activating Hand of God, despite not silencing him.
- Firestorm will clear easily Chen's creeps.
- Pit of Malice will trap Chen and render him helpless.
- Atrophy Aura gives bonus damage to Underlord for each killed creep and weakens Chen's damage.
- Dark Rift can counter Chen's pushing attempts, and he has nothing to intercept it.
- Heroes with cleave abilities and area of effect damage can make quick work of Chen's converted creeps and at same time gain farm: Magnus, Jakiro, Shadow Fiend, Kunkka, Luna, Dragon Knight, Medusa, Alchemist.
- Illusion and heroes with summons are difficult to kill with Chen's single-target offensive spells: Terrorblade, Phantom Lancer, Chaos Knight, Broodmother, Naga Siren, Lycan, Visage (However, Chen can convert enemy summons with Holy Persuasion, as long as they don't bunch up, of course).
- Invisibility heroes can sneak past Chen's creeps and pick him off: Nyx Assassin, Weaver, Bounty Hunter Riki.
- Heroes that can instantly kill creeps greatly reduce the effectiveness of Chen's converted army: Lifestealer, Doom, Mirana, Clinkz.
- Hand of God has a very long cooldown, so damage over time can be rightfully hazardous for Chen, forcing him to use it prematurely: Jakiro, Venomancer, Viper, Dazzle, Phoenix.
- Heroes with damage burst can often kill Chen or his allies before he can use Hand of God: Lina, Luna, Bane, Necrophos, Techies, Shadow Fiend, Pugna, Nyx Assassin, Dazzle.
- Diffusal Blade can dispel Test of Faith (Teleport), preventing Chen from saving allies. The mana burn can also hinder Chen's spell-casting ability.
- Shiva's Guard will greatly hinder the converted creeps' damage output, while the slow from Arctic Blast will make Chen and his creeps easy targets.
- Dagon's Burst damage can quickly finish off Chen's teammates before he is able to use Hand of God.
- Battle Fury allows melee heroes to destroy converted creeps.
- Maelstrom and Mjollnir allows ranged heroes to destroy converted creeps.
- Hand of Midas instantly kills converted creeps, and grants farm in process.
- Linken's Sphere blocks Test of Faith and Penitence.
- Lotus Orb reflects Chen's targeted abilities.
- Black King Bar blocks the abilities of both Chen and his creeps.
- Manta Style dispels Penitence and can make Chen waste spells on illusions.
- Shadow Blade allows heroes to bypass Chen's creeps and pick him off.
- Helm of the Dominator can take control of converted creeps.
- His creep (and Necronomicon) can trigger Techies Land Mine and Stun Mine.
- Chen early game is a faster pusher than Arc Warden until Arc Warden buy Maelstrom or Necronomicon.
- Visages familiars are quickly destroyed with the creeps help, meaning almost instanly in a team fight visage loses all stuns and a lot of burst
- Due to Clockwerk's slow damage output, Chen can often save a trapped enemy with Hand of God.
- Chen is good against heroes with no stun and escape abilities (such as Bloodseeker) as he can easily gank lanes from jungle early game and score kills using Petinence.
- Chen is best picked against teams that lack AoE damage spells as he can send his controlled units to push lanes without putting himself at risk (he can also use Test of Faith to call back creeps from danger).
Works well with...Clinkz
- Clinkz's Death Pact benefits from Chen's Holy Persuasion creeps' minimium health threshold (from 700-1000 as the ability get levelled, and up to 2000 with Chen's level 20 Talent and level 4 Holy Persuasion) , giving Clinkz up to 1800 bonus maximium HP and 180 base attack damage when a creep under Chen's control is consumed through Death Pact.
- Vengeful Spirit's aura benefits Chen's creeps.