Audio migration in progress. Some responses pages / audio files may have broken file links.
|is an aggressive tank who excels when he is placed in the middle of fights. He reflects damage with , while stunning and attacking the area around him with and . Unlike other tanks, Centaur Warrunner may sacrifice some HP in exchange for damage output, and may have a hard time recovering if the early game does not go well.|
|Generic Centaur Warrunner|
|+50%Strength Damage||15||+30 Base Damage|
|+20 Movement Speed||10||10% Evasion|
- The evasion talent stacks multiplicatively with other sources of evasion.
- This attack damage talent is added as base attack damage, so it does benefit illusions, and is affected by every percentage-based damage increasing or reducing effects.
Tips & Tactics
- Centaur Warrunner is usually played solo in the offlane. However, with a support who has hard disables (such as or ) he can dominate the enemy safelane and potentially get several kills.
- Centaur Warrunner can also jungle if the lane is going badly.
- Centaur's actual damage is average at best in the early game, with slow attack speed and only one damaging ability that hurts himself as well. However, Retaliate can do crippling damage to the enemy team if they choose to heavily harass him.
- Centaur Warrunner's late-game damage is dependent upon how much strength he has with items like .
- Retaliate does not reflect damage on missed attacks. Keep this in mind when choosing talents and items. It may be worth it to take hits if the enemy team is highly magical, or relies on fast attacks instead of powerful attacks.
- With a , Hoof Stomp can be used as an initiation ability.
- When trying to land Hoof Stomp on fleeing enemies, get in front of their path if possible. Most opponents will outrun the stun during the cast time if they are already on the edge of the radius.
- Hoof Stomp has a long cast animation so the enemies will have time to react.
- However, Hoof Stomp's cast animation does not play during the first few seconds of Stampede, allowing Centaur Warruner to surprise the enemies.
- Centaur cannot deny himself with Double Edge.
- As Double Edge affects all enemies in a small radius around the target, it is very effective when taking on tight clusters of enemies. This includes jungle creeps, lane creeps, large amounts of enemy illusions, or multiple melee heroes trying to gang up on you.
- Be careful when using Double Edge early game when you have not purchased or to reduce self-inflicted damage and heal you back up.
- Using Double Edge against enemies with high magic resistance, such as , is not recommended, as it ends up hurting you more than it hurts the enemy.
- Retaliate is a powerful ability and not to be underestimated. Although its most notable effect is greatly increasing damage against enemies who try to kill Centaur in the late game, even at lower levels it can completely shut down heroes with high damage and low health.
- To force a tower to attack Centaur Warrunner instead of creeps in order to utilize Retaliate, stand within tower attack range and issue an attack command upon an enemy hero, even one in another lane. This trick also works to aggro lane creeps in order to push.
- Stampede's effect is global. Keep an eye on allies and enemies across the map to use it when needed.
- Stampede can be used offensively to allow you and your team to quickly initiate a teamfight, or chase down enemies trying to run away.
- Stampede can be used defensively to help allies escape a bad situation.
- Stampede only affects enemies once for a relatively short duration, so in larger fights the skill may go totally awry. This means the initiation must be careful and planned, with a chosen initiator, as with other fights (more than not, possibly Centaur himself).
- Allied heroes should try to trample over every enemy hero to deal large amount of damage off of Centaur Warrunner's high strength.
- increases your survivability in lane with health regeneration.
- also restores health.
- partially abates any harassment he receives.
- gives cheap attributes and builds into Magic Wand; or, Centaur Warruner can use it with Tango for more heal.
- provides health regeneration so Centaur Warruner can stay in lane.
- can increase your survivability in lane, and can be later turned into a .
- gives big movement speed boost and health regeneration to help negate the self-damage from Double Edge.
- are an alternative boot choice to help keep enemies in arm's reach during fights.
- grants mana regeneration and absorbs some magical damage.
- gives attributes and more burst health and mana restoration.
- is essential to initiating with Hoof Stomp. It is a necessary item if your team has no other heroes that can initiate well.
- grants health regeneration for sustain and magic resistance to reduce self-inflicted damage taken from Double Edge.
- grants extra survivability from the bonus health and regeneration, and the strength also increases damage done by attacks, Double Edge, and Stampede. The massive health regeneration also allows for the near-constant use of Double Edge without needing to heal.
- will help your team deal with enemy initiation and nukes, while reducing the health cost of Double Edge.
- has some benefits depending on the game. Given the team can go through impassable terrain, it gains a really interesting use, specially for ganking and evading ganks. Besides, it also grants damage reduction, greatly benefiting a team that's vulnerable to high bursts of damage and help balancing non tanky heroes to do a better team fight and survive through it.
- is a cheap and effective source of strength and armor, increasing damage and tankiness greatly. It should be activated constantly, as your various health regenerating items will counteract its health drain.
- can be a good purchase if playing against many physical heroes. Later upgrade to a to help defend your team, or an for more stuns.
- turns centaur into a full tank, as well as providing his team with extra armor.
- can be a luxury item when your team is winning, as Centaur will be able to live long enough to burn down the enemy.
- 's damage reflect stacks with Retaliate, making Centaur an even less appetizing target. However, enemies will probably already be focusing on your teammates in a fight rather than you.
- disarm enemies, which can be useful in the late game when Centaur's damage falls off. grants strength, and also the ability to
- may be necessary to guarantee initiations on disable- or nuke-heavy teams.
- grants mana and armor, while the active can purge crippling debuffs and decimate enemies that carelessly target Centaur.
- provides armor, mana, and lifesteal to complement Retaliate, and Centaur makes a decent aura bearer due to his tankiness.