- and can completely negate Stampede.
- is effective tool against high HP and low armor Centaur and compensates reflected damage of Retaliate.
- If activated, protects from Hoof Stomp, Double Edge and Stampede.
- High HP and seldom buying or makes Centaur a good target for . However, Centaur Warrunner can resolve this problem by buying or to diminish its damage.
- Either way, will do well against high HP heroes such as Centaur Warrunner.
- Once you've taken a point in Retaliate, Nyx can easily initiate on you: he can use and hit you with . The damage from Retaliate will be reflected back to you, stunning you with no chance to react after he's revealed himself, and should guarantee a successful .
- Omniknight can protect Centaur's target with and .
- Centaur has nothing to deal with that will negate all of his burst damage.
- s provide good vision making for him harder to initiate.
- 's can also be useful tool against Centaur who generally has very high health. Also using on Centaur can cause Retaliate to damage allies who are forced to attack him.
- Abilities dealing damage based on a percentage of max health, like , etc.
- prevents Centaur Warrunner from blinking, forcing him to use Stampede.
- if well used will save a Centaur Warrunner victim.
- can root a hero during Stampede.
- He can't take you very easily, and his nukes are not strong enough to deal with Centaur Warrunner
- Centaur Warrunner deals huge AoE damage and applies an AoE disable, affecting the double as well the main Arc Warden.
- is not very effective against melee heroes.
- This ability also increases his allies attack speed, meaning more damage being taken by Retaliate.
- Stampede catches him easily until.
- Whenever Doom casts his ultimate Centaur can cast Stampede and ed hero or entire team can just run away from a fight effectively exchanging 145 seconds and 60 seconds cool-down abilities.
- They are both nukers, but Centaur Warrunner has superior Health and strength gain.
- Double Edge does not cost mana. Centaur's low Intelligence also makes do low damage.
- Bar some creative skill builds, Centaur's Hoof Stomp stun duration should always last longer than stun, so escaping unscathed is hard for Nyx.
- With detection, Centaur can devastate Nyx in the open. and
- Retaliate deals damage to Phantom Assassin for every attack and thrown at Centaur.
- cannot evade Double Edge.
- His illusions will kill themselves in a few hits because of Retaliate. The nukes from Hoof Stomp and Double-Edge should be enough to clear them for a large portion of the game
- Centaur doesn't care too much about .
- Hoof Stomp is usually being used as an initiation tool.
- Centaur Warrunner's small mana pool makes 's damage much lower once Centaur doesn't have any more mana left to burn. Keep in mind that Double Edge does not cost mana.
- Be wary when chasing down Phantom Lancer. Hoof Stomp's terrible cast time makes it quite easy to dodge with .
- slow is ineffective against a team with haste (as Stampede gives). and
- Commonly picked up mobility items and hasted movement during his Stampede (as well as high health pool) make him extremely hard to kill from a distance, damaging with Retaliate and if he has one.
- Low health pool and no escape mechanism makes him easy target for Centaur Warrunner's burst damage and initiation (even making his team possible initiators with Stampede).
- grants Windranger a massive attack speed bonus, while her attack damage is generally quite low. This, combined with Windranger's low health pool and armor, makes Retaliate do absolutely massive damage over a short time, making Centaur a hero she can never expect to kill or harass.
- grants evasion, but Centaur Warrunner does not rely on successful attacks in order to do damage. Hoof Stomp, Double Edge, and Stampede all do large amounts of magical damage and can completely demolish Windranger in a moment.
- 's high speed attack makes him victim of Retaliate.
- is loaded with attacks. His nuke is also reduced once you have , your core item.
- Mana Void is useless because Centaur has low mana. Also Mana Break can't really remove Centaur from battle.
- can be a "double-edged sword" against Centaur as it gives him a chance to deal Double Edge's damage twice. However, Lotus Orb can dispel Stampede's slow.
- hasted heroes during Stampede. and cannot slow
Works well with...
- Aphotic Shield negates some of the self-damage dealt by Double Edge, as well as providing a reliable additional aoe nuke when the shield breaks.
- Moonlight Shadow can help Centaur setup an initiation.
- makes Centaur Warrunner even tankier against attacks.
- If Aghanim's Scepter is bought, Centaur Warrunner can take benefit of especially with a mecanism of attack speed boosting( , , Assualt Cuirass, Armlet Of Mordiggian, Helm of The Dominator)
- allows for easy initiation which can be followed up with Hoof Stomp.
- allows for a quick initiation which can be followed up with Hoof Stomp.
- amplifies damage dealt by Retaliate.
- can unleash its full power when combined with Stampede or even Hoof Stomp, since both are AoE and the first depends of more than one enemy hero near.
- Any hero that can make enemies silent or drain their mana therefore force them to attack physically like Lion, Keeper Of the Light , Death Prophet, Silencer, Skyrathmage, Antimage and armed with Diffusal Blade heroes like Arc Warden, Mirana, Teroll Warlord, Riki, Phantom Lancer, Weaver, Juggernut, Naga Siren, Specter
- Heroes who can reduce enemy damage so they take much more damage than deal: Bane, Razor, Underlord