From Dota 2 Wiki
|Hero||Strategy||Counters||Equipment||Gear||Responses||Sounds||Lore||Old Abilities||Changelogs||Known Bugs|
Bad against...Disruptor Lifestealer
- Feast is effective tool against high HP and low armor Centaur and compensates reflected damage of Return.
- If activated, Rage protects from Hoof Stomp, Double Edge and Stampede.
- High HP and seldom buying Linken's Sphere or Black King Bar makes Centaur a good target for Reaper's Scythe. However, Centaur Warrunner can resolve this problem by buying Pipe of Insight or Hood of Defiance to diminish its damage.
- Either way, Heartstopper Aura will do well against high HP Heroes such as Centaur Warrunner.
- Once you've taken a point in Return, Nyx can easily initiate on you: he can use Spiked Carapace and hit you with Vendetta. The damage from Return will be reflected back to you, stunning you with no chance to react after he's revealed himself, and should guarantee a successful Impale.
- Centaur has nothing to deal with Refraction that will negate all of his burst damage.
- Psionic Traps provide good vision making for him harder to initiate.
- Others skill dealing damage based on a percentage of max health, like Midnight Pulse, Whirling Death etc.
- Radiance prevents Centaur Warrunner from blinking, forcing him to use Stampede.
- Black King Bar if well used will save a Centaur Warrunner victim.
- Rod of Atos can root a hero during Stampede.
Good against...Arc Warden
- He can't take you Centaur Warrunner easily, and his nukes are not strong enough to deal with Centaur Warrunner
- Centaur Warrunner deals huge AoE damage and applies an AoE disable, affecting the double as well the main Arc Warden.
- Magnetic Field is not very effective against melee heroes.
- This ability also increases his allies attack speed, meaning more damage being taken by Return.
- Stampede catches him easily until.
- Whenever Doom casts his ultimate Centaur can cast Stampede and Doomed hero or entire team can just run away from a fight effectively exchanging 145 seconds and 60 seconds cool-down abilities.
- They are both nukers, but Centaur Warrunner has superior Health and strength gain.
- Double Edge does not cost mana. Centaur's low Intelligence also makes Mana Burn do low damage.
- Bar some creative skill builds, Centaur's Hoof Stomp stun duration should always last longer than Spiked Carapace stun, so escaping unscathed is hard for Nyx.
- With Blink Dagger and detection, Centaur can devastate Nyx in the open.
- Return deals damage to Phantom Assassin for every attack and Stifling Dagger thrown at Centaur.
- Blur cannot evade Double Edge.
- His illusions will kill themselves in a few hits because of Return. The nukes from Hoof Stomp and Double-Edge should be enough to clear them for a large portion of the game
- Centaur doesn't care too much about Diffusal Blade.
- Hoof Stomp is usually being used as an initiation tool.
- Centaur Warrunner's small mana pool makes Diffusal Blade's damage much lower once Centaur doesn't have any more mana left to burn. Keep in mind that Double Edge does not cost mana.
- Be wary when chasing down Phantom Lancer. Hoof Stomp's terrible cast time makes it quite easy to dodge with Doppelganger.
- Headshot and Shrapnel slow is ineffective against a team with haste (as Stampede gives).
- Commonly picked up mobility items and hasted movement during his Stampede (as well as high health pool) make him extremely hard to kill from a distance, damaging Sniper with Return and Blade Mail if he has one.
- Low health pool and no escape mechanism makes him easy target for Centaur Warrunner's burst damage and initiation (even making his team possible initiators with Stampede).
- Windranger's Focus Fire grants her a massive attack speed bonus, while her attack damage is generally quite low. This, combined with Windranger's low health pool and armor, makes Return do absolutely massive damage over a short time, making Centaur a hero she can never expect to kill or harass.
- Windrun grants evasion, but Centaur Warrunner does not rely on successful attacks in order to do damage. Hoof Stomp, Double Edge, and Stampede all do large amounts of magical damage and can completely demolish Windrunner in a moment.
- Troll Warlord's high speed attack makes him victim of Return.
- Night Stalker is loaded with auto attacks. His nuke is also reduced once you have Hood of Defiance, your core item.
- Anti-Mage Mana Void is useless because Centaur has low mana. Also Mana Break can't really remove Centaur from battle.
- Lotus Orb can be a "double-edged sword" against Centaur as it gives him a chance to deal Double Edge's damage twice. However, Lotus Orb can dispel Stampede's slow.
- Diffusal Blade and Scythe of Vyse cannot slow hasted heroes during Stampede.
Works well with...Abaddon
- Aphotic Shield negates some of the self-damage dealt by Double Edge, as well as providing a reliable additional aoe nuke when the shield breaks.
- Mirana's Moonlight Shadow can help Centaur setup an initiation
- Snowball allows for easy initiation which can be followed up with Hoof Stomp
- Toss allows for a quick initiation which can be followed up with Hoof Stomp
- No Reason Given
- No Reason Given
- No Reason Given
- Fatal Bonds
- Arc Warden
- Storm Spirit