Bradwarden, the Centaur Warrunner, is a melee strength hero whose natural place in combat is right in the center of battle. His abilities stop enemies around him in their tracks and inflict heavy damage, making him an excellent initiator. He is also a powerful tank, having the highest strength gain in the game.
Bradwarden has immense natural health, and his skills' area of effect means that he can charge into combat and incapacitate groups of enemies at a time. Hoof Stomp and Double Edge make a great combo of stunning and burst damage on short cooldowns and his Retaliate means instant retaliation on enemies who try attack him, as well as his nearby allies with the proper late-game talent. His ultimate, Stampede effectively turns the entire team into initiators, granting them high speed and the ability to flatten enemies under as they pass over them.
- The stomp first applies the debuff, then the damage.
- Double Edge deals magical damage to the targets and to the caster.
- The damage radius is centered around the target, not around Centaur.
- The self-inflicted damage is never lethal, so it cannot be used to deny oneself.
- Double Edge first damages the enemies within the area (at a random order), and then the caster.
- With , it first applies the debuff on enemies before applying the damage.
- The strength buff is applied after the first enemy got debuffed and damaged, and before the remaining enemies.
- Double Edge's damage is set upon cast, before any of its effects are applied.
- This means if enemy heroes got hit as well, the resulting strength bonus is not considered by the strength-based damage.
- The clones, excluding illusions and creep-heroes).
strength buff is only gained when hitting heroes (including
- Each hit enemy hero increases its stack count and refreshes the duration of the entire stack.
- Can increase strength by 15%/30%/45%/60%/75% with each amount of stacks.
- Affects base strength and bonus strength.
- The movement speed slow from is applied to all enemies, not just heroes.
- Retaliate only triggers when a unit lands an attack, regardless of distance. This means it cannot trigger on missed attacks.
- The Retaliate damage is always dealt right before the attacker's damage is dealt to its target.
- Secondary attacks from talent and do not trigger Retaliate.
, before choosing
- However, the secondary attacks from other instant attacks do trigger Retaliate.
- Fully works against allied units, resulting in a deny if the damage kills the ally.
- Retaliate is an aura by default, but affects only self until the talent is chosen. The buff is not visible on self.
Does not affect spell immune enemies. Slow persists if debuff was placed before spell immunity and was not dispelled.
- Interrupts Centaur Warrunner's channeling spells upon cast.
- Checks Centaur's strength whenever trampling an enemy, so it adapts immediately.
- However, the strength multiplier is set on cast and does not adapt when leveling the spell while active.
- Stampede first applies the damage, then the debuff.
- The damage is sourced to each buffed ally, meaning certain on-damage effects react to the buffed ally rather than to Centaur Warrunner (e.g. ).
- The damage reduction reduces all 3 damage types.
- The sound effect is global and can be heard by enemies even through the Fog of War.
- trees around them for the duration.
allows allies to walk over cliffs and causes them to destroy
- Does not destroy trees around allies who have the perch modifier from , meaning allies sitting on trees do not get their trees destroyed by themselves.
|+15 Movement Speed||10||+5 Health Regen|
- Increased own strength as damage from 100%/200%/300% to 200%/250%/300%.
- Rescaled duration from 4 on each level to 3.5/4/4.5.
upgrade for :
- Causes to increase Centaur Warrunner's strength by 15% for each hit enemy hero for 12 seconds, stacking up to 5 times, and causes it to slow the movement speed of hit enemies by 15% for 2 seconds.
- Level 15 right talent changed: +40 attack damage ➜ +1s duration.
- Increased damage from 80/110/140/170 to 100/150/200/250.
- Reduced stun duration from 2/2.25/2.5/2.75 to 1.7/2/2.3/2.6.
- Reduced mana cost from 115/120/125/130 to 100/110/120/130.
- Reduced cooldown from 22/19/16/13 to 15/14/13/12.
- Reduced cooldown from 5 to 4.
- Centaur Warrunner counters all attacks, dealing damage back to the attacker. Each time Centaur Warrunner gets attacked by a hero or a tower, he gains a charge counter. Can be cast to consume all charges, granting you a temporary percentage base damage increase.
- Retaliate damage: 16/36/56/76
- Attack damage bonus per stack: 4%/6%/8%/10%
- Max stacks: 13
- Active duration: 20
- Cooldown: 55/50/45/40
- Notes: Charges are gained from hero and tower attacks only. Cannot gain charges while the damage buff is active.
- Centaur Warrunner counters all attacks, dealing damage back to the attacker. Returns a fixed amount plus a percentage based on your strength. Deals half damage to towers.
- Base retaliate damage: 15/30/45/60
- Strength as retaliate damage: 20%/25%/30%/35%
- increases your survivability in lane with health regeneration.
- also restores health.
- gives cheap attributes and builds into Magic Wand; alternatively, it can be used with Tango for more healing.
- provides health regeneration and compensates for Centaur's low mana pool during laning stage.
- can increase your survivability in lane, and can be later turned into a .
- gives big movement speed boost and health regeneration, which help to recover from the Double Edge self-damage.
- grants a little attribute and magic resistance boost, thus compensating for the Double Edge health cost.
- gives attributes and more burst health and mana restoration.
- is essential to initiating with Hoof Stomp. It is a necessary item if your team has no other heroes that can initiate well.
- grants health regeneration and magic resistance to reduce the self-inflicted Double Edge damage.
- grants extra survivability from the bonus health and regeneration, and the strength also increases damage done by attacks, Double Edge, and Stampede. The massive health regeneration also allows for the near-constant use of Double Edge without needing to heal.
- helps to sustain a lot of magical damage in team fights (particularly, to protect teammates from magical nukes) as well as to reduce the Double Edge health cost.
- are an alternative boot choice for better initiation and tankiness during early game.
- allows Centaur's team, being under the effect of Stampede, to go through impassable terrain when ganking or escaping from ganks. Besides, Stampede damage reduction is a great benefit if the team is vulnerable to high burst damage; it helps to set up a better team fight and survive through it.
- is a good purchase if dealing with a lot of physical attack damage. It can be naturally upgraded to for more team survivability or to for additional reliable disabling.
- provides Centaur's team with extra armor and attack speed as well as allows dealing more Retaliate damage to enemies (particularly, to towers).
- 's damage reflect stacks with Retaliate, making Centaur an even less appetizing target. However, enemies will probably already be focusing on your teammates in fights rather than you.
- disarm enemies, which can be useful in the late game when Centaur's damage falls off. grants strength, and also the ability to
- may be necessary to guarantee initiations on disable-heavy teams.
- grants mana and armor, while the active can purge crippling debuffs and decimate enemies that carelessly target Centaur.
- provides armor, mana regeneration, and lifesteal to complement Retaliate. Typically played as an offlaner and appreciated for his tankiness, Centaur is a decent aura bearer.
|Roles:||Durable Initiator Disabler Nuker Escape|
|Playstyle:||Some write to express their being, others paint or sing. But for the centaurs of Druud, there is no higher art than the art of killing. And in that, none was more accomplished than Bradwarden. With skills acquired in the arena, the Warrunner punishes his opponents for every attack, disregarding harm to himself as he metes out a fearsome Double Edge. Ever in search of a worthy opponent, Bradwarden rouses his allies to charge down enemies in a wild Stampede. Once battle is joined, the Centaur Warrunner tramples surrounding foes with a Hoof Stomp, stunning them just long enough for his battleaxe to sink in.|
- In DotA, Bradwarden's hero title was Centaur Warchief.
- Bradwarden is the name of a centaur in the first DemonWars Saga trilogy by R.A. Salvatore.
- 's animation originally consisted of Centaur Warrunner slamming the ground with the shaft of his axe. This was later changed after community requests that the animation reflects the ability name.