Bradwarden, the Centaur Warrunner, is a melee strength hero whose natural place in combat is right in the center of battle. His abilities stop enemies around him in their tracks and inflict heavy damage, making him an excellent initiator. He is also a powerful tank, having the highest strength gain in the game.
Bradwarden has immense natural health, and his skills' area of effect means that he can charge into combat and incapacitate groups of enemies at a time. Hoof Stomp and Double Edge make a great combo of stunning and burst damage on short cooldowns and his Retaliate means instant retaliation on enemies who try attack him, as well as his nearby allies with the proper late-game talent. His ultimate, Stampede effectively turns the entire team into initiators, granting them high speed and the ability to flatten enemies under as they pass over them.
- The stomp first applies the debuff, then the damage.
- Interrupts Centaur Warrunner's channeling spells upon cast.
- Retaliate only triggers when a unit lands an attack, regardless of distance. This means it cannot trigger on missed attacks.
- The Retaliate damage is always dealt right before the attacker's damage is dealt to its target.
- Secondary attacks from talent and do not trigger Retaliate.
, before choosing
- However, the secondary attacks from other instant attacks do trigger Retaliate.
- Fully works against allied units, resulting in a deny if the damage kills the ally.
- Gains stacks only from tower and hero attacks. This includes illusions and clones, but excludes creep-heroes.
- A status buff becomes visible when having a stack, which shows how many stacks there are. The counter goes invisible when going back to 0 stacks.
- Upon cast, all stacks get removed and the damage buff gets added, with a damage bonus based on the amount of stacks you had.
- While this damage buff is present, new stacks cannot be gained.
- The damage bonus only increases base damage and that given by the primary attribute. Raw bonus damage is not increased.
- This is how much damage the buff grants with a certain amount of stacks on each level:
- Level 1: 6% / 12% / 18% / 24% / 30% / 36% / 42% / 48% / 54% / 60% / 66% / 72% / 78% attack damage
- Level 2: 8% / 16% / 24% / 32% / 40% / 48% / 56% / 64% / 72% / 80% / 88% / 96% / 104% attack damage
- Level 3: 10% / 20% / 30% / 40% / 50% / 60% / 70% / 80% / 90% / 100% / 110% / 120% / 130% attack damage
- Level 4: 12% / 24% / 36% / 48% / 60% / 72% / 84% / 96% / 108% / 120% / 132% / 144% / 156% attack damage
Does not affect spell immune enemies. Slow persists if debuff was placed before spell immunity and was not dispelled.
- Interrupts Centaur Warrunner's channeling spells upon cast.
- Checks Centaur's strength whenever trampling an enemy, so it adapts immediately.
- However, the strength multiplier is set on cast and does not adapt when leveling the spell while active.
- Stampede first applies the damage, then the debuff.
- The damage is sourced to each buffed ally, meaning certain on-damage effects react to the buffed ally rather than to Centaur Warrunner (e.g. ).
- The damage reduction reduces all 3 damage types.
- The sound effect is global and can be heard by enemies even through the Fog of War.
- trees around them for the duration.
allows allies to walk over cliffs and causes them to destroy
- Does not destroy trees around allies who have the perch modifier from , meaning allies sitting on trees do not get their trees destroyed by themselves.
|+50%Strength Damage||15||+30 Base Damage|
|+20 Movement Speed||10||10% Evasion|
- The evasion talent stacks multiplicatively with other sources of evasion.
- This attack damage talent is added as base attack damage, so it does benefit illusions, and is affected by every percentage-based damage increasing or reducing effects.
- increases your survivability in lane with health regeneration.
- also restores health.
- partially abates any harassment he receives.
- gives cheap attributes and builds into Magic Wand; or, Centaur Warruner can use it with Tango for more heal.
- provides health regeneration so Centaur Warruner can stay in lane.
- can increase your survivability in lane, and can be later turned into a .
- gives big movement speed boost and health regeneration to help negate the self-damage from Double Edge.
- are an alternative boot choice to help keep enemies in arm's reach during fights.
- grants mana regeneration and absorbs some magical damage.
- gives attributes and more burst health and mana restoration.
- is essential to initiating with Hoof Stomp. It is a necessary item if your team has no other heroes that can initiate well.
- grants health regeneration for sustain and magic resistance to reduce self-inflicted damage taken from Double Edge.
- grants extra survivability from the bonus health and regeneration, and the strength also increases damage done by attacks, Double Edge, and Stampede. The massive health regeneration also allows for the near-constant use of Double Edge without needing to heal.
- will help your team deal with enemy initiation and nukes, while reducing the health cost of Double Edge.
- has some benefits depending on the game. Given the team can go through impassable terrain, it gains a really interesting use, specially for ganking and evading ganks. Besides, it also grants damage reduction, greatly benefiting a team that's vulnerable to high bursts of damage and help balancing non tanky heroes to do a better team fight and survive through it.
- is a cheap and effective source of strength and armor, increasing damage and tankiness greatly. It should be activated constantly, as your various health regenerating items will counteract its health drain.
- can be a good purchase if playing against many physical heroes. Later upgrade to a to help defend your team, or an for more stuns.
- turns centaur into a full tank, as well as providing his team with extra armor.
- can be a luxury item when your team is winning, as Centaur will be able to live long enough to burn down the enemy.
- 's damage reflect stacks with Retaliate, making Centaur an even less appetizing target. However, enemies will probably already be focusing on your teammates in a fight rather than you.
- disarm enemies, which can be useful in the late game when Centaur's damage falls off. grants strength, and also the ability to
- may be necessary to guarantee initiations on disable- or nuke-heavy teams.
- grants mana and armor, while the active can purge crippling debuffs and decimate enemies that carelessly target Centaur.
- provides armor, mana, and lifesteal to complement Retaliate, and Centaur makes a decent aura bearer due to his tankiness.
|Roles:||Durable Initiator Disabler Nuker Escape|
|Playstyle:||Some write to express their being, others paint or sing. But for the centaurs of Druud, there is no higher art than the art of killing. And in that, none was more accomplished than Bradwarden. With skills acquired in the arena, the Warrunner punishes his opponents for every attack, disregarding harm to himself as he metes out a fearsome Double Edge. Ever in search of a worthy opponent, Bradwarden rouses his allies to charge down enemies in a wild Stampede. Once battle is joined, the Centaur Warrunner tramples surrounding foes with a Hoof Stomp, stunning them just long enough for his battleaxe to sink in.|
- In DotA, Bradwarden's hero title was Centaur Warchief.
- Bradwarden is the name of a centaur in the first DemonWars Saga trilogy by R.A. Salvatore.
- 's animation originally consisted of Centaur Warrunner slamming the ground with the shaft of his axe. This was later changed after community requests that the animation reflects the ability name.