Bradwarden, the Centaur Warrunner, is a melee strength hero whose natural place in combat is right in the center of battle. His abilities stop enemies around him in their tracks and inflict heavy damage, making him an excellent initiator. He is also a powerful tank, having the highest strength gain in the game.
Bradwarden has immense natural health, and his skills' area of effect means that he can charge into combat and incapacitate groups of enemies at a time. Hoof Stomp and Double Edge make a great combo of stunning and burst damage on short cooldowns and his Return means instant retaliation on enemies who try attack him, as well as his nearby allies with the proper late-game talent. His ultimate, Stampede effectively turns the entire team into initiators, granting them high speed and the ability to flatten enemies under as they pass over them.
- The stomp first applies the debuff, then the damage.
- Return only procs when a unit lands an attack, regardless of distance. This means it cannot proc on missed attacks.
- The Return damage is always dealt right before the attacker's damage is dealt to its target.
- Secondary attacks from talent and do not trigger Return.
, before choosing
- However, the secondary attacks from other instant attacks do trigger Return.
- Fully works against allied units, resulting in a deny if the damage kills the ally.
Does not affect spell immune enemies. Slow persists if debuff was placed before spell immunity and was not dispelled.
- Interrupts Centaur's channeling spells upon cast.
- Checks Centaur's strength whenever trampling an enemy, so it adapts immediately.
- However, the strength multiplier is set on cast and does not adapt when leveling the spell while active.
- Stampede first applies the damage, then the debuff.
- The sound effect is global and can be heard by enemies even through the Fog of War.
- trees around them for the duration.
allows allies to walk over cliffs and causes them to destroy
- Does not destroy trees around allies who have the perch modifier from , meaning allies sitting on trees do not get their trees destroyed by themselves.
- The damage reduction reduces all 3 damage types.
|+15%Strength Damage||15||+75 Damage|
|+10% Magic Resistance||10||10% Evasion|
- The magic resistance talent stacks multiplicatively with other sources of magic resistance.
- The magic resistance talent increases Centaur Warrunner's magic resistance to 32.5%.
- The evasion talent stacks multiplicatively with other sources of evasion.
- and increase your survivability in lane.
- partially abates any harassment he receives.
- gives cheap attributes and builds into Magic Wand; or, Centaur Warruner can use it with Tango for more heal.
- provides health regeneration so Centaur Warruner can stay in lane.
- can increase your survivability in lane, and can be later turned into a .
- gives big movement speed boost and health regeneration to help negate the self-damage from Double Edge.
- grants mana regeneration and absorbs some magical damage.
- gives attributes and more burst health and mana restoration.
- is essential to initiating with Hoof Stomp. It is a necessary item if your team has no other heroes that can initiate well.
- grants health regeneration for sustain and magic resistance to reduce self-inflicted damage taken from Double Edge.
- grants extra survivability from the health increase and health regeneration, and the strength also increases damage done by attacks, Return, and Stampede. The massive health regeneration also allows for the near-constant use of Double Edge without needing to heal for a long time afterwards. Note that in the late-game it may be a good idea to buy a second or (rarely) even a third Heart, as they are the most item-slot-efficient source of strength.
- will help your team deal with enemy initiation and nukes, while reducing the health cost of Double Edge.
- 's buff is sometimes useful, but mostly during games where you already have an advantage.
- is a very cheap and effective source of strength and armor, increasing damage and tankiness greatly. It should be activated constantly, as your various health regenerating items will counteract its health drain.
- can be a good purchase if playing against many physical heroes. Later upgrade to a to help defend your team, or an for more stuns.
- further increases your ability to initiate by being able to teleport to almost anywhere on the map, as well as having extra movement speed.
- turns centaur into a full tank, as well as providing his team with extra armor.
- can be a luxury item when your team is winning, as Centaur will be able to live long enough to burn down the enemy.
- 's damage reflect stacks with Return, making Centaur an even less appetizing target. However, enemies will probably already be focusing on your teammates in a fight rather than you.
- disarm enemies, which can be useful in the late game when Centaur's damage falls off. grants strength, and also the ability to
|Roles:||Durable Initiator Disabler Nuker Escape|
|Playstyle:||Some write to express their being, others paint or sing. But for the centaurs of Druud, there is no higher art than the art of killing. And in that, none was more accomplished than Bradwarden. With skills acquired in the arena, the Warrunner punishes his opponents for every attack, disregarding harm to himself as he metes out a fearsome Double Edge. Ever in search of a worthy opponent, Bradwarden rouses his allies to charge down enemies in a wild Stampede. Once battle is joined, the Centaur Warrunner tramples surrounding foes with a Hoof Stomp, stunning them just long enough for his battleaxe to sink in.|
- In DotA, Bradwarden's hero title was Centaur Warchief.
- Bradwarden is the name of a centaur in the first DemonWars Saga trilogy by R.A. Salvatore.
- 's animation originally consisted of Centaur Warrunner slamming the ground with the shaft of his axe. This was later changed after community requests that the animation reflects the ability name.