|Only the mightiest and most experienced of warriors can wield the Butterfly, but it provides incredible dexterity in combat.|
- One Butterfly grants a total of 5.83 armor and 65 attack speed.
- The evasion stacks diminishingly with other sources of evasion.
- The evasion uses pseudo-random distribution.
- Interrupts the user's channeling spells upon cast.
Heroes whose default item build includes Butterfly as a situational item : Anti-Mage, Phantom Assassin, Arc Warden, Drow Ranger, Razor, Riki, Viper, Vengeful Spirit, Weaver, Shadow Fiend, Morphling, Mirana, Phantom Lancer, Naga Siren, Bloodseeker, Bounty Hunter, Luna, Gyrocopter, Terrorblade, Venomancer, Lone Druid.
- If someone in your team already has evasion like Phantom Assassin or another Butterfly, decide if increasing evasion will be a good idea as the enemy team will generally rush a Monkey King Bar. The more evasion a team has, the more valuable Monkey King Bar gets for the enemy team. However, if the enemy team is greatly suppressed and underfarmed, increasing evasion could be a good decision.