|is a hero who can pressure lanes early and scale well into the late game. She can to help her farm, find kills, and push. After , she gains free movement, health regeneration, and movement speed. With which slows and applies miss chance, as well as her which grants bonus damage and lifesteal, Broodmother quickly tears down hapless enemy heroes.|
Broodmother's early game revolves around gaining experience from the safety of her webs, and building up a swarm of Spiderlings that can tear down towers and enemy heroes. Due to insane pushing and farming potential, Broodmother comes online relatively faster than almost all other carries. With a few towers and kills under her belt, Broodmother should look to finish the game as soon as possible.
Always put the first point in Spin Web, as Broodmother is extremely vulnerable outside of webs and requires her to begin setting up webs as soon as possible.
The next few levels are slightly flexible, prioritizing Spawn Spiderlings to improve her killing potential, while leveling Spin Web increases her mobility so she can cover the lane and jungle. Broodmother requires several living Spiderlings to clear waves and farm jungle camps. While enemies can easily kill a single level 1 Spiderling, most will struggle against multiple units. If you can build your brood early without much trouble, you can begin to put Spin Web at level 3 to control more territory.
Maxing Spawn Spiderlings and Spin web without taking value points in her other abilities accelerates her early game farming and pushing potential. The first level of Insatiable Hunger is relatively weak during the early game without her passive to help lock down target.
|+450 Spiders Health||25||+60Damage/Lifesteal|
|+50 Attack Speed||20||+30 Spiders Attack Damage|
|+15 Agility||15||20% Cooldown Reduction|
- The Spiders health and attack damage talents affect Spiderlings and Spiderites.
- The health talent increases maximum health capacity, and keeps the current health percentage.
- The agility talent effectively grants Broodmother 2.4 armor, 15 attack speed, 0.75% movement speed and 15 attack damage.
- The cooldown reduction talent stacks multiplicatively with and additively other sources of cooldown reduction.
Tips & Tactics
- Broodmother by design, 'owns' a part of the map for a good chunk of the game, this allows her to close off part of the map for enemies unless they are ahead of Broodmother in farm or grouped with their allies. The control Broodmother offers can be great in the early game however as the game progresses her ability to rotate is far more limited than other heroes.
- In combination with her spiderlings and spiderites, Broodmother can threaten towers very early into the game. This forces the enemy hero(es) to designate their time toward preventing Broodmother from pushing, slowing down their own farm.
- Pushing when its safe to do so allows Broodmother to make space for her team's other lanes and force enemies to respond.
- After taking the enemies tier 1 tower it is important to invade the enemy jungle to further restrict their ability to farm safely
- Broodmother is predominantly single target and can't man fight against multiple heroes alone unless she's very ahead.
- While Spawn Spiderlings is primarily used merely to create more Spiderlings, it can also be used as a finisher if your target is out of range or in Ethereal Form.
- While most melee and even some ranged heroes will buy stout shield against Broodmother if against a hero without one make sure to harass with your spiderlings as their damage is significantly higher.
- Although Broodmother is usually pushing lanes alone, team fights sometimes require her attention. She should find the balance between pushing, farming, and team fighting.
- When played in the mid-lane Broodmother can extend her webs to the enemy offlane and apply pressure to that tower with limited webs.
- With her high mobility, Broodmother can penetrate the enemy backline, eliminating squishy heroes right at the start of team fights.
- To have the best control over your spiders, you can create separate control groups for Spiderlings and Spiderites.
- Having a separate group for just Spiderites will help in making sure they're not nuked by certain heroes due to their smaller health pool.
- You can also create a control group for your webs to easily see how many are currently being used.
- In the early game, Broodmother wants to use Spawn Spiderlings often, which has a high mana cost, to build up an effective swarm. Hence, she should buy , as the regeneration gained from sitting in her Web helps offset the health cost of the item.
- Spawn Spiderlings acts as a ranged nuke, finishing off wounded heroes.
- If the target dies before the projectile lands, no Spiderlings will spawn.
- Avoid using Spawn Spiderlings too early as the debuff might wear off, producing no Spiderlings.
- As a group, Spiderlings deal a surprising amount of damage. In the early game, use them to harass opponents in lane. Later on, use them to push towers when it is unsafe for Broodmother herself.
- Send a few Spiderlings to attack enemies so the paranoid ones will start using AoE abilities early to get rid of the spiders. Then, Broodmother and the rest of her swarm can safely finish up the job.
- In the laning phase, send Spiderlings to harass the enemies as they are going for last hits. They will either take serious damage or miss the creep.
- Spiderlings inflict a debuff with their bite which spawns Spiderites.
- Spiderites can spawn from denied allied creeps. You do not need to actually land the deny to spawn Spiderites; just apply the debuff before the allied creep dies is enough.
- The Spawn Spiderlings and Spawn Spiderite debuffs stack, allowing you to get both spawns from the same target.
- Spiderites are weaker than Spiderlings. With 100 health, they die to many AoE abilities that Spiderlings can survive. Therefore, you should create separate control groups for Spiderlings and Spiderites. Try to send in Spiderites after enemies have expended AoE abilities to avoid feeding.
- Spiderlings and Spiderites have zero armor, so watch out for physical area abilities like and which deal heavy damage and may clear the swarm in one shot.
- Even though Spiderlings give little gold, constantly feeding groups of them will benefit the enemy team.
- Use Spiderlings and Spiderites primarily for pushing and farming. Spiderlings can survive some AoE abilities, but not Spiderites.
- Send out Spiderlings to scout, block neutral camps, stack camps, and keep an eye on Roshan.
- Spin Web has a global cast range when you connect the new webs with old ones.
- Spin Web can be placed over trees and high ground allowing Broodmother to escape to areas difficult or impossible for enemies to reach.
- Because webs offer a means for Broodmother to create her own paths, she can easily farm lane and jungle without wasting much time getting there.
- Spin Web can be used relatively liberally. While you should make sure you have an optimal method of escape or enough webs to do so, don't be hesitant to place webs in order to get a kill.
- It's important for Broodmother's webs to be connected to one another to avoid getting stuck or losing her mobility while attempting to escape.
- While on her web, Broodmother receives bonus movement speed, regeneration, and unobstructed pathing.
- Broodmother can put off getting boots longer than most heroes because of this bonus movement speed.
- Broodmother is very slow without her webs and will struggle to keep up with enemies without them.
- The added regeneration and movement speed from Spin Web enables Broodmother to dive enemy towers to kill heroes without risking death.
- Broodmother can place webs in enemy territory to increase her own farm while denying farm for her enemies without putting herself in much danger.
- Broodmother can use items such as to draw aggro of the lane creeps or neutral creeps to her webs.
- Broodmother can select any web on the map and use the Destroy Spin Web ability to remove them.
- When facing heroes who Broodmother has difficulty killing in lane, such as
, opting to place webs past the enemy tower to farm creep waves can be done with relative safety and force the enemy to last hit under tower. This practice puts more pressure on the enemy and allows Broodmother a better opportunity to dive them.
- If the maximum number of webs are already on the map the oldest web will be removed, to prevent this you can select which web to destroy before placing a new one.
- The cooldown reduction talent decreases the charge time of Spin Web, thus increasing her overall mobility.
- Incapacitating Bite stacks fully with other slows, such as and from your Spiderlings, hindering enemies chance to escape on foot.
- The miss chance allows Broodmother to fight almost anyone in the midgame given enough farm, but is effectively countered by True Strike, break, disarm, or spell immunity.
- You can capitalize on the miss chance to build items that grant evasion or applies even more miss chance like
to further increase survivability if enemies rely primarily on physical attacks.
- Alternatively, buy health, armor, and if enemies have ways to land hits on you like with their own spell immunity or True Strike.
- Incapacitating Bite does not apply if Broodmother misses her attack, e.g. due to enemy evasion.
- To remedy this problem, consider items that grant accuracy like or . The latter fares better against many enemies with evasion since Bloodthorn only affects one target at a time.
- More tips needed.
- The relatively short cooldown of Insatiable Hunger allows you to use it often, useful to farm ancient camps or take down towers.
- Insatiable Hunger counters active lifesteal to heal damage reflected. because Broodmother can
- Use Insatiable Hunger early since it has long duration, so that enemies will not take advantage to take you down with silence before usage of Insatiable Hunger.
- Use Insatiable Hunger with activated to make sure you can stick to targets, lest wasting duration.
- Insatiable Hunger's attack damage bonus makes Broodmother a fearsome carry, especially in the late game. You should build items that enhance your attacks like to mow down enemies.
- provides needed health restoration during the laning phase.
- keeps Broodmother in lane by restoring her health.
- provides some passive health regeneration and burst mana, enough to finish off an enemy with Spawn Spiderlings.
- gives mana to produce Spiderlings.
- provides cheap attributes. Use with Tango for more healing.
- allows her to use Spawn Spiderlings more often without fear of running out of mana to harass the enemies, take last hits, and amass Spiderlings.
- gives attributes and restores health and mana in burst, keeping Broodmother healthy to continue making Spiderlings.
- increases mana regeneration so Broodmother can make more babies. Also, the active ability decreases armor of target unit so she can farm faster.
- provides attack damage and agility, as well as more survivability by switching to strength, or more mana by switching to intelligence.
- silence aids Broodmother in killing heroes with escape or disable abilities. The mana regeneration helps in making Spiderlings and webs; it can upgrade to Bloodthorn later on. 's
- bolsters Broodmother defense with armor and evasion. Its active ability helps Broodmother and Spiderlings tear down neutral creeps and enemy heroes by lowering their armor.
- spell immunity synergizes with the huge lifesteal from Insatiable Hunger to let Broodmother survives in team fights. 's
- mute to disable enemy items, coupling with Orchid Malevolence's silence to turn the target into a helpless prey. applies
- supplies mana and boosts Broodmother's damage output. Its active ability, Soul Rend, silences the target, as well as giving True Strike and crit to ensure a kill.
- makes last hitting easier.
- , along with bonus experience talent, increases Broodmother's experience gain greatly, allowing her to gain an advantage with early powerful talents.
- gives even more attack and movement speed, allowing Broodmother to stick to targets.
- provides a useful lifesteal effect on both Broodmother and nearby Spiderlings, fully stacking with the effects of Insatiable Hunger. The bonus armor and attack damage also help Broodmother and her spiders to push lanes and towers.
- grants cost-effective attack speed to combine with attack damage bonus of Insatiable Hunger for a cheap overall increase in damage output.
- provides intelligence and mana regeneration for Broodmother to Spawn Spiderlings. The attack speed, damage, and slow gives her an easier time to hunt down heroes.
- gives excellent damage and an armor reduction debuff on hit, increasing Broodmother's pushing and killing speed. Use with Insatiable Hunger for more damage and lifesteal.
- grants useful slow on enemies so they cannot easily escape. Manabreak also burns mana to deal extra physical damage, coupling with bonus agility to make a great item for carry Broodmother.
- applies area damage and miss chance during team fights. With high mobility in webs, Broodmother can reach the enemy backline to cancel Blink initiation.
- boosts the attack speed and armor of Broodmother and spiders, while also reducing the armor of nearby towers, allowing her to push faster.
- offers agility, bonus attack speed, and bonus attack damage, increasing Broodmother's carry potential. The evasion, coupling with Incapacitating Bite's miss chance, will give enemies a hard time to bring her down with physical attacks.
- grants reliable stun and occasional bashes to further lock down enemies, as well as block chance to protect Broodmother against physical attacks.
- strengthens your pushes with summons and their bonus attack speed aura.