- makes Broodmother’s spiderlings far more valuable to Alchemist making it important that he doesn't farm them as opposed to other heroes where the spider's bounties are negligible.
- makes it difficult to attack Alchemist in lane without losing some spiderlings to the damage over time, potentially giving him far he wouldn't have otherwise.
- forces Broodmother and her spiderlings to attack, allowing for large amounts of pure damage to be done through .
- reduces most of Broodmother's and her spiderlings' damage.
- will hit any spiders in its proximity, hindering Broodmother's fighting and farming capabilities.
- zones out Broodmother in the laning phase, and can kill her spiderlings if used on one Spiderling in a group.
- can pull Broodmother out of the treeline.
- will clear Broodmother's spiderites while significantly damaging her spiderlings and decreasing their damage output.
- 's added armor and regen mitigates the damage done by Broodmother and her spiders.
- at level 2 and above applies splash damage to Dragon Knight's auto attacks.
- in combination with prevents Broodmother from continuing to attack Earthshaker without being repeatedly stunned.
- is greatly amplified by Spiderlings, often instantly killing Broodmother, her swarm, and anyone else unfortunate enough to be nearby.
- Earthshakers vast amount of stuns makes it difficult for Broodmother to continue attacking enemies (to continue lifestealing with Insatiable Hunger) without .
- can impede Broodmother's ability to push towers due to its low cooldown and long sleep duration.
- can provide Elder Titan large amounts of damage, armor, and movement speed from her spiderlings.
- negates Broodmother and her spiderling's base armor and magic resistance, increasing most damage dealt to them.
- keeps Ember Spirit invulnerable until he hits every unit in its area of effect allowing him to stall for large amounts of time against Broodmother and her large amounts of spiderlings, or potentially damaging them enough if equipped with an item to improve wave clearing such as or to prevent her pushes entirely.
- will damage any of Broodmother's spiders in an area, deterring her from attempting to kill him. It can also be used during Sleight of Fist to amplify damage done.
- allows Ember Spirit an escape from Broodmother that is unaffected by her Incapacitating Bite.
- prevents Broodmother from escaping.
- can clear Broodmother's spiders if they get in range.
- 's damage stacks with each enemy unit in its radius. If this hits Broodmother and a large number of spiders it can deal significant amounts of damage.
- has a high chance to proc if Broodmother and all of her spiders are attacking her.
- can keep Broodmother in place long enough for Legion's team to kill her.
- in combination with can easily clear Broodmother's spiders.
- offers extensive damage that can kill Broodmother early on or before she is able to use Insatiable Hunger in attempts to salvage a fight.
- has many opportunities to stun Broodmother due to her typically navigating over cliffs and around trees with her unobstructed movement. Also offers nuke damage against her spiders.
- offers a wide area of effect attack that can potentially clear Broodmother's spiders while also being unaffected by the blind of Incapacitating Bite.
- mitigates most of Broodmother's damage as the majority of her damage comes from physical attacks.
- keeps Broodmother encaged for a significant amount of time.
- prevents Broodmother from escaping Meepo's attacks.
- will quickly clear any nearby spiders.
- Broodmother wants to pick off single target heroes. With Meepo's , it gets a lot harder once every Meepo Poofs in.
- can easily wipe out Broodmother's spiderlings if they're too close while also offering Necrophos a source of regeneration for Broodmother's harass in lane.
- prevents Broodmother or her spiderlings from damaging Necrophos temporarily.
- will regenerate lost health and mana for every spiderling or spiderite Necrophos manages to kill.
- can be used for Pangolier to escape or kill Broodmother's spiders. Combined with Pangolier can potentially disarm Broodmother preventing her from lifestealing off enemies.
- can be used for wave clear to deal with Broodmother's spiders.
- can be used as an escape or a means of initiating on Broodmother.
- can be used as an escape or initiation against Broodmother.
- quickly kills any spiderlings caught inside if Sand King can manage to stun them.
- Spiderlings are a good source of souls for and can be quickly killed with .
- Shadow Fiend is a natural carrier, protecting him from Incapacitating Bite.
- combined with can potentially kill Broodmother before she gets a Black King Bar
- and will catch Broodmother before she has a chance to retreat, and is able to catch her through the trees.
- Conversely, Ball Lightning also allows him to easily escape Broodmother, as she has no way to prevent him from using it before getting .
- cleans up Spiderlings quicker than most spells, as it ignores their magic resistance.
- Sven is a natural carrier, protecting him from Incapacitating Bite and .
- and allow Sven to easily out-damage Broodmother.
- makes Tidehunter take nearly no damage from Spiderlings.
- kills Spiderlings in one or two casts, should Broodmother try to swarm Tidehunter with them.
- prevents Broodmother's spiderlings from being able to effectively harass Timbersaw in the lane.
- 's high mobility makes Incapacitating Bite's slow irrelevant.
- Timbersaw's abilities can destroy any trees that Broodmother attempts to hide in and his AoE abilities can quickly clear her Spiderlings.
- Heroes with high mobility can chase down Broodmother when she escapes into the trees.
- Heroes with area of effect nukes destroy Broodmother's Spiderlings quickly.
- Heroes with area of effect abilities that increase in power based on the number of units struck: , .
- disables Broodmother's regeneration for a good amount of time.
- , followed by a disable, can catch Broodmother in the trees.
- intercepts Broodmother's split pushing attempts.
- , , and negate a majority of the Spiderlings' damage.
- , , , and wipe out many Spiderlings quickly.
- and stop Broodmother from getting away.
- Chen's low mobility and lack of AoE abilities makes him an easy target for Broodmother and her Spiderlings.
- Broodmother can easily pick off Chen's creeps with Spawn Spiderlings, and by ambushing them through terrain in her web.
- Drow Ranger's lack of mobility makes her easy prey for Broodmother and her Spiderlings.
- Enchantress' lack of AoE abilities allows Broodmother to swarm her with Spiderlings.
- Spawn Spiderlings can kill enchanted creeps.
- cannot protect Nature's Prophet if Broodmother puts down a web.
- Nature's Prophet's low mobility means he is defenseless against Incapacitating Bite.
- Spiderlings absorb much of the damage from .
- Phantom Assassin's single target abilities make her very helpless against swarms of Spiderlings.
- Because Phantom Assassin is always reliant on critical strikes, Broodmother will usually have enough time to use Spin Web to save herself.
- Sniper is completely helpless against Incapacitating Bite, and can be seriously damaged by Spiderlings in lane.
- Spiderlings melt away almost instantly.
- The vision from may prove dangerous for Broodmother, however.
- Support heroes with low mobility can be slowed further by Incapacitating Bite, and swarmed by Spiderlings for an easy kill: , , , , .
- is ineffective because Broodmother will recover most of the reflected damage with Insatiable Hunger.
Works well with...
- improves the damage output of Broodmother's swarm.
- singles out targets for Broodmother to pounce on.
- deals very high damage to nearby enemies when used on a cluster of Spiderlings.
- can surprise an enemy when used on a Broodmother with her speed in her webs.
- ' lifesteal stacks with the lifesteal from Insatiable Hunger, meaning that Broodmother will steal more than 100% of the damage she deals. Together, this allows Broodmother and Lifestealer to win in outnumbered scenarios.
- adds a damage bonus to Broodmother and her Spiderlings, increasing their pushing ability. Because is a global ability, the two heroes can push different lanes simultaneously.
- Broodmother's lane control and pushing power make her excellent at creating space for farm-dependent carries, like , , and , by forcing the enemy to constantly pay attention to her lane and deal with her Spiderling pushes.
- adds attack speed aura, which increases damage output from Insatible Hunger and all Spiderlings.