- make Broodmother’s spiderlings a lot more valuable and can give Alchemist a huge lead
- can stop Broodmother from pushing towers and kill her spiders off if Broodmother isn't paying attention.
- gives Axe additional armor and can force Broodmother and her spiderlings to attack, likely allowing for large amounts of pure damage to be done through .
- negates most of the damage done by spiderlings.
- kills Spiderlings very quickly, hitting them all at once and forcing her to keep her spawns back.
- zones out Broodmother in the laning phase, and can kill her Spiderlings if used on one Spiderling in a group.
- can pull Broodmother out of the treeline.
- can deal immense amounts of damage if Earthshaker can catch Broodmother close to her spiderlings.
- All of Ember Spirit's abilities will clean up Spiderlings quickly and can catch Broodmother in the trees.
- prevents Broodmother from escaping
- allows Kunkka to easily clear Broodmother's spiderlings and spiderites if they get in range of its cleave
- damage stacks with each enemy unit in its radius. If this hits Broodmother and a large number of Spiderlings can heavily impair Broodmother and destroy her army.
- can kill or weaken any spiderlings while also harassing Broodmother.
- in combination with can easily clear Broodmother's spider army.
- offers extensive damage that can kill Broodmother early on or before she is able to use Insatiable Hunger in attempts to salvage a fight.
- prevents Broodmother from escaping Meepo's attacks
- will quickly clear any spiderlings or spiderites nearby, eliminating Broodmother's main source of damage early on.
- Broodmother wants to pick off single target heroes and with Meepo's , she can't apply Incapacitating Bite to each Meepo so some right clicks wont be evaded.
- can easily wipe out Broodmothers spiderlings if they're too close while also offering Necrophos a source of regen for Broodmother's harass in lane.
- prevents Broodmother or her spiderlings from damaging Necrophos temporarily.
- will regenerate lost health for every spiderling or spiderite Necrophos manages to kill.
- Spiderlings are a good source of souls for and can be quickly killed by .
- allows him to sneak up on Broodmother and use on top of her while she is pushing lanes.
- Shadow Fiend is a natural carrier, protecting him from Incapacitating Bite.
- and will catch Broodmother before she has a chance to retreat, and is able to catch her through the trees.
- cleans up Spiderlings very quickly.
- Sven is a natural carrier, protecting him from Incapacitating Bite and .
- and allow Sven to easily out-damage Broodmother.
- makes Tidehunter take nearly no damage from Spiderlings.
- kills Spiderlings in one or two casts, should Broodmother try to swarm Tidehunter with them.
- prevents Broodmother's spiderlings from being able to effectively harass Timbersaw in the lane.
- 's high mobility makes Incapacitating Bite's slow irrelevant.
- Timbersaw's abilities can destroy any trees that Broodmother attempts to hide in and his AoE abilities can quickly clear her Spiderlings.
- Heroes with high mobility can chase down Broodmother when she escapes into the trees.
- Heroes with area of effect nukes destroy Broodermother's Spiderlings quickly.
- Heroes with area of effect abilities that increase in power based on the number of units struck: ,
- , followed by a disable, can catch Broodmother in the trees.
- intercepts Broodmother's split pushing attempts.
- , , and negate a majority of the Spiderlings damage.
- , , , and wipe out many Spiderlings quickly.
- and stop Broodmother from getting away.
- Ancient Apparition has no means to escape from Spiderlings.
- Broodmother's move speed from Spin Web makes Ancient Apparition's abilities hard to hit, and the high regeneration make them not even worth the effort without killing Broodmother.
- She can also force Ancient Apparition to waste his abilities by running him down, then backing off.
- Incapacitating Bite makes attacks from miss.
- Chen's low mobility and lack of AoE abilities makes him an easy target for Broodmother and her Spiderlings.
- Broodmother can easily pick off Chen's creeps with Spawn Spiderlings, and by ambushing them through terrain in her web.
- Drow Ranger's lack of mobility makes her easy prey for Broodmother and her Spiderlings.
- Enchantress' lack of AoE abilities allows Broodmother to swarm her with Spiderlings.
- Spawn Spiderlings can kill enchanted creeps.
- cannot protect Nature's Prophet if Broodmother puts down a web.
- Nature's Prophet's low mobility means he is defenseless against Incapacitating Bite.
- Spiderlings absorb much of the damage from .
- Phantom Assassin's single target abilities make her very helpless against swarms of Spiderlings.
- Because Phantom Assassin is always reliant on critical strikes, Broodmother will usually have enough time to use Spin Web to save herself.
- Sniper is completely helpless against Incapacitating Bite, and can be seriously damaged by Spiderlings in lane.
- Spiderlings melt away almost instantly.
- The vision from may prove dangerous for Broodmother, however.
- Support heroes with low mobility can be slowed further by Incapacitating Bite, and swarmed by Spiderlings for an easy kill: , , , , .
- is ineffective because Broodmother will recover most of the reflected damage with Insatiable Hunger.
Works well with...
- deals very high damage to nearby enemies when used on a cluster of Spiderlings.
- affects Spiderlings and can make them harder to kill.
- can surprise an enemy when used on a Broodmother with her speed in her webs.
- ' lifesteal stacks with the lifesteal from Insatiable Hunger, meaning that Broodmother will steal more than 100% of the damage she deals. Together, this allows Broodmother and Lifestealer to win in outnumbered scenarios.
- adds a damage bonus to Broodmother and her Spiderlings, increasing their pushing ability. Because is a global ability, the two heroes can push different lanes simultaneously.
- adds attack speed aura, which increases damage output from Insatible Hunger and all Spiderlings.