From Dota 2 Wiki
|Hero||Strategy||Counters||Equipment||Gear||Responses||Sounds||Lore||Old Abilities||Changelogs||Known Bugs|
- Greevil's Greed can rack up huge amounts of gold from Spiderlings.
- Berserker's Call forces Broodmother to reveal herself, and can be used to clean up Spiderlings.
- Quill Spray kills Spiderlings very quickly and hits Broodmother even when is invisible inside her webs. This makes Bristleback one of her hardest counters during the laning stage.
- Ion Shell zones out Broodmother in the lanining phase, and can kill her Spiderlings if used on one Spiderling in a group.
- Vacuum can pull Broodmother out of the treeline.
- Echo Slam will kill all of Broodmother's Spiderlings, and deal tremendous damage as a result.
- Fissure can find Broodmother when she retreats to the treeline.
- All of Ember Spirit's abilities will clean up Spiderlings quickly, and can catch Broodmother in the trees.
- Overwhelming Odds gains a large damage bonus when it strikes many Spiderlings.
- Spiderlings are good source of souls for Necromastery and can be quickly killed by Shadowraze.
- Shadow Blade allows him to sneak up on Broodmother and use Requiem of Souls on top of her while she is pushing lanes.
- Shadow Fiend is a natural Black King Bar carrier, protecting him from Incapacitating Bite.
- Great Cleave cleans up Spiderlings very quickly.
- Sven is a natural Black King Bar carrier, protecting him from Incapacitating Bite and Orchid Malevolence.
- Warcry and God's Strength allow Sven to easily out-damage Broodmother.
- Kraken Shell makes Tidehunter take nearly no damage from Spiderlings.
- Anchor Smash kills Spiderlings in one or two casts, should Broodmother try to swarm Tidehunter with them.
- Reactive Armor triggers and stacks repeatedly against constant attacks from Spiderlings.
- Timbersaw's abilities destroys the trees that Broodmother hides in, and his AoE abilities quickly clears Spiderlings.
- Timber Chain's high mobility makes Incapacitating Bite's slow irrelevant.
- With enough Spiderlings around her, Winter's Curse can kill Broodmother by itself.
- Heroes with high mobility can chase down Broodmother when she escapes into the trees.
- Heroes with area of effect nukes destroy Broodermother's Spiderlings quickly.
- Blink Dagger, followed by a disable, can catch Broodmother in the trees.
- Boots of Travel intercepts Broodmother's split pushing attempts.
- Stout Shield, Vanguard, and Crimson Guard mitigate damage from Spiderlings.
- Radiance, Battle Fury, Maelstrom, and Mjollnir wipe out many Spiderlings quickly.
- Diffusal Blade stops Broodmother from getting away.
Good against...Ancient Apparition
- Ancient Apparition has no means to escape from Spiderlings.
- Broodmother's move speed from Spin Web makes Ancient Apparition's abilities hard to hit, and the high regeneration make them not even worth the effort without killing Broodmother.
- She can also force Ancient Apparition to waste his abilities by running him down, then backing off.
- Incapacitating Bite makes attacks from Chilling Touch miss.
- Chen's low mobility and lack of AoE abilities makes him an easy target for Broodmother and her Spiderlings.
- Broodmother can easily pick off Chen's creeps with Spawn Spiderlings, and by ambushing them through terrain in her web.
- Drow Ranger's lack of mobility makes her easy prey for Broodmother and her Spiderlings.
- Enchantress' lack of AoE abilities allows Broodmother to swarm her with Spiderlings.
- Spawn Spiderlings can kill enchanted creeps.
- Sprout cannot protect Nature's Prophet if Broodmother puts down a web.
- Nature's Prophet's low mobility means he is defenseless against Incapacitating Bite.
- Spiderlings absorb much of the damage from Wrath of Nature.
- Phantom Assassin's single target abilities make her very helpless against swarms of Spiderlings.
- Because Phantom Assassin is always reliant on critical strikes, Broodmother will usually have enough time to use Spin Web to save herself.
- Sniper is completely helpless against Incapacitating Bite, and can be seriously damaged by Spiderlings in lane.
- Spiderlings melt away Living Armor almost instantly.
- The vision from Eyes In The Forest may prove dangerous for Broodmother, however.
- Support heroes with low mobility can be slowed further by Incapacitating Bite, and swarmed by Spiderlings for an easy kill: Shadow Shaman, Visage, Dazzle, Rubick, Lich.
- Blade Mail is ineffective because Broodmother will recover most of the reflected damage with Insatiable Hunger.
Works well with...Lifestealer
- Infest can surprise an enemy when used on a Broodmother hidden in her webs.
- Open Wounds' lifesteal stacks with the lifesteal from Insatiable Hunger, meaning that Broodmother will steal more than 100% of the damage she deals. Together, this allows Broodmother and Lifestealer to win in outnumbered scenarios.
- Broodmother often purchases Vladmir's Offering, whose lifesteal stacks with Lifestealer's abilities.