- After Brewmaster has committed Thunder Clap and Cinder Brew to gank, Bane can use on Brewmaster to wait out the debuffs, and might even turn the tables by buying time for allied reinforcements.
- Bane can also prevent Brewmaster from using Primal Split with his long disables.
- kills Primal Split's units very quickly.
- 's instant cast time will force Brewmaster into the awkward situation of needing some form of spell immunity or block to prevent being immediately hex upon blinking in, or wait until Lion has used all his crowd control before entering a fight. His direct magic burst also makes Brewmaster's Drunken Brawler worthless versus Lion.
- Outworld Devourer's pure damage will mop up Primal Split's units very quickly.
- 's instant cast time will force Brewmaster into the awkward situation of needing some form of spell immunity or block to prevent being immediately hex upon blinking in, or wait until Shaman has used all his crowd control before entering a fight.
- Brewmaster also has no defense against Shadow Shaman lockdowns.
- 's instant cast time will often silence Brewmaster before he can do anything.
- Brewmaster also has no defense against Skywrath Mage's massive magical damage.
- In general, Brewmaster is very vulnerable to heroes with silence abilities.
- Blinking heroes like or can often chase down an injured Brewmaster after his ultimate expires.
- Heroes like with high damage burst damage can kill the units from quickly.
- will render a hero immune to all of Brewmaster's disables.
- helps its wielder break through Brewmaster's evasion and miss chance.
- Brewmaster can use Cyclone to disable Huskar's healer for much longer than most other heroes can, to make Huskar vulnerable.
- Huskar has no way to stop Brewmaster from using Primal Split by himself, but can cut a good amount of his high health away if Huskar's team wants to burst Brewmaster down during a different disable.
- Brewmaster can make the Spirit Bear a much smaller threat with Cinder Brew.
- Cyclone removes the bear from a fight so that his team can easily focus on the hero.
- While most heroes would be worn down by a Spirit Bear in the time it takes to kill Lone Druid, Brewmaster is protected in Primal Split.
- Brewmaster can waste a large portion of Lycan's ultimate by putting him in Cyclone.
- Lycan has no way to stop Brewmaster from using Primal Split by himself.
- Lycan's team often tries to push towers as a group, and Brewmaster excels at winning teamfights while trying to defend a tower.
- The three Primal Split brewlings all attacking Templar Assassin at once will remove her quickly, especially with Fire's Permanent Immolation.
- Templar Assassin has no way to stop Brewmaster from using Primal Split by herself, and may get unlucky and miss her if trying to burst him during her ally's disable.
- If Ursa uses Brewmaster can use Cyclone to render him harmless during his ultimate.
- Brewmaster has two spells to slow down Ursa, allowing his team to kite around him easily.
- In general, Brewmaster's blind, evasion, and disables makes him good against physical damage carries: , , , , , .
- Heroes who produce many summons will have a hard time against Storm's Dispel Magic during teamfight: , , .
- Although he usually saves it for teamfights, Brewmaster has the option to use Primal Split to gank underfarmed heroes, especially supports, by himself.
Works well with...
- Dazzles can guarantee that Brewmaster gets off his Primal Split in team fights.
- With and Oracle can basically guarantee that Brewmster gets to use his Primal Split.
- Tiny can use to throw Brewmaster into fights and allow him to gets off a good Thunder Clap and Primal Split.
- Upon winning teamfights, they can push lanes and take down towers extremely quickly due to their bonus building damage.
- Casting on Earth allows him to Demolish buildings quickly.
- Invoker's myraid of disables allows Brewmaster to very easily wreck havoc during teamfights.
- Supports with low cooldown spells synergize well with and make the laning stage hard for the enemies. Heroes like , , , and .