Mangix the Brewmaster is a melee strength hero that can fill almost any role, though he is primarily seen as a carry, ganker, tank or initiator. He fits well into any lane, but is very experience dependent, which means he is often seen on the offlane or the midlane. His core abilities make him a respectable physical damage dealer and an especially good duelist since he has abilities that involve negating opposing auto-attacks while strengthening his own. However, his true power lies in his ultimate, Primal Split, which, if used properly, can by itself turn the tide of a team fight. Each of the three aspects of the Brewmaster are exceptionally powerful, with exceptional disables, survivability against magic and physical attacks, and damage; they are also able to charge recklessly into the enemy since the damage they take is not permanent, and very rarely will all three die before Primal Split ends. For this reason, Brewmaster is almost always built to fully maximize the potential of this ultimate, getting items such as Blink Dagger so that he can combo into his ultimate without risk of being initiated on, Heart of Tarrasque to ensure he can survive the first wave of stuns and burst in order to cast his ultimate, and of course Aghanim's Scepter to give his spirits his abilities, Thunder Clap to Earth, Drunken Haze to Storm, and Drunken Brawler to Fire, all independent of the original Brewmaster's cooldowns for his abilities.
- Treats creep-heroes as creeps.
- The clap first applies the debuff, then the damage.
- Drunken Haze's projectile travels at a speed of 1600.
- Increases attack damage by an average of 13%/19.5%/26%/32.5% ( Lua error: Expression error: Unrecognized punctuation character "["..) and survivability versus attacks by 11%/18%/25%/33% ( Lua error: Expression error: Unrecognized punctuation character "["..), excluding the guaranteed crit/dodge.
- The proc chances of multiple crit sources stack.
- If two sources of critical strike proc at the same time, the higher multiplier has priority.
- Drunken Brawler's evasion stacks multiplicatively with other sources of evasion.
- The guaranteed critical strike and guaranteed dodge chance use separate trigger timers, not actual ability cooldowns.
- While either of them is not ready, Brewmaster can still passively evade attacks and perform critical strikes.
- When the guaranteed critical strike is ready, Brewmaster's upper body emits particles, while a red streak is visible on the icon ().
- When the guaranteed dodge is ready, Brewmaster's lower body emits particles, while the icon's yellow background turns orange ().
- When both the guaranteed critical strike and dodge are ready, both of these visual indicators are visible and shown on the icon ().
- The guaranteed critical strike is only used up if the attack actually lands. Missed attacks do not reset its certain trigger timer.
- The guaranteed evasion is only used up if an attack actually misses. Attacks with True Strike do not reset its certain trigger timer.
- The sound and particles of the critical strike play upon start of the attack, not when the attack lands.
- Brewmaster is invulnerable and hidden during the split time and duration. Does not apply any form of dispel upon cast.
- During Primal Split, Brewmaster is periodically moved to Earth's position. If Earth dies, to Storm's and if Storm dies, to Fire's. This affects multiple things such as:
- When Primal Split ends, Brewmaster appears at Earth's location. If Earth is dead, at Storm's and if Storm is dead, at Fire's location.
- Every aura Brewmaster has (including and ) affects units around Earth, if Earth is dead, around Storm and if Storm is dead, around Fire.
- Effects which react on heroes' presence ( , , ) react on Earth's presence, if Earth is dead, on Storm's and if Storm is dead, on Fire's.
- Teleporting effects like or cause the periodic moving of Brewmaster to get canceled, so that the 3 notes above do not apply anymore.
- The spirits spawn always in the same formation, forming an equilateral triangle which fits within a 100 radius circle.
- The earth spirit is always spawned 100 range in front on Brewmaster's cast location.
- The storm spirit is always spawned 50 range behind and 86.603 range to the left of Brewmaster's cast location.
- The fire spirit is always spawned 50 range behind and 86.603 range to the right of Brewmaster's cast location.
- Their facing angle equals Brewmaster's facing angle on cast.
- The boulder travels at a speed of 800.
- The boulder first applies the debuff, then the damage.
- The damage is directly added to Earth's attack damage. But since it is conditional, it is not visible in the HUD.
- Given to Earth when holding , at the same level as the original Brewmaster.
- Same notes as for Brewmaster's apply.
- Applies a basic dispel on all units within the area.
- Always dispels Lua error in Module:Ability_ID at line 44: Could not find Cargo data for "Cyclone". off of units within the area, regardless of alliances.
- Besides this, follows the default dispel rules, dispelling debuffs off of allies, and buffs off of enemies.
- The damage is applied to units which were created by an ability.
- Applies a cyclone effect on the target upon cast, so it turns it invulnerable and fully disables it.
- However, unlike other cyclones, this one does not dispel the target.
- While in the air, other units may pass below the cycloned unit.
- Can be cast on , but has no effect, since Roshan is immune to forced movement. He only gets interrupted.
- Does not interrupt Storm's channeling spells upon cast.
- The bonus damage is dealt in one instance together with the attack damage, and counts as attack damage as well.
- During the fade time, Storm can cast spells and perform attacks without breaking the invisibility.
- Those attacks do apply the 100/160/220 damage to the target.
- The bonus damage is not applied when attacking buildings out of the invisibility, but is applied against wards.
- The invisibility is lost upon reaching the cast point of spells, or upon launching an attack.
- This means when the attack misses, the invisibility is still lost.
- Allows Storm to pass through other units, including wards, but not through buildings.
- Given to Storm when holding , at the same level as the original Brewmaster.
- Same notes as for Brewmaster's apply.
- Given to Fire when holding , at the same level as the original Brewmaster.
- Same notes as for Brewmaster's apply.
|+100 Attack Speed||20||+1500 Health toUnits|
|+20% Magic Resistance||15||+3sSlow|
|+200 Health||10||+30 Damage|
- The health talent increases maximum health capacity, and keeps the current health percentage.
- The magic resistance talent stacks multiplicatively with other sources of magic resistance.
- The magic resistance talent increases Brewmaster's magic resistance to 40%.
- helps Brewmaster stay in lane by sustaining his health.
- restores large amount of health early on.
- protects against lane harassment.
- gives cheap attributes and can upgrade to later.
- give movement speed.
- provides burst health and mana, can upgrade to later.
- sustains Brewmaster with strength and health regeneration; the active grants mana to him on demand.
- aid his movement speed, and multiplies nicely with his critical damage. The Phase ability will help him chase enemy heroes and position his Thunder Clap better.
- gives him bonus attributes and a good source of healing.
- allows Brewmaster to initiate, as well as improves his low mobility.
- spell immunity so Brewmaster can actually attack enemies and slow them down prior to activating Primal Split. increases survivability with strength and
- gives huge boost to health and mana. It also gives Primal Split spirits one of each of Brewmaster's abilities.
- gives him even more damage and aura that works even during Primal Split duration.
- makes Brewmaster even tankier with armor, allowing him to survive longer engagements and getting off Primal Split without needing to retreat. The aura also remains on each unit during Primal Split, boosting attack speed and armor to teammates as well; take note that the armor reduction half of the aura remains on the elemental units even though the aura icon does not appear on the enemy UI.
- gives him an additional movement speed slow aside from Thunder Clap, as well as more armor for survivability; take note that the aura remains on the elemental units even though the aura icon does not appear on the enemy UI.
- helps mid Brewmaster manage runes, as well as restore health and mana.
- allows Brewmaster to quickly accumulate gold and level, working toward perfecting Primal Split.
- can restore mana to Brewmaster and his allies, a great item choice for Brewmaster who prefers to use abilities rather than physical attacks.
- is a good midgame item that grants you a decent amount of health and gives you a nice boost in movement speed.
- gives him a small boost in regeneration and armor, as well as lifesteal upon every attack, which works well together with his critical damage, helping out his survivability; the aura remains active during Primal Split.
- gives some strength and evasion, along with the ability to disarm enemy attackers.
- increases his survivability with status resistance, dispel, and damage resistance, almost guaranteeing Primal Split going off.
- boosts attributes, damage output, and mana regeneration. Echo Strike allows Brewmaster more chance to land critical damage, as well as slows down target's movement speed.
- provides mana, armor, and regeneration to sustain Brewmaster during fights. Echo Shell dispels debuffs from him so he can use Primal Split.
- grants some attributes and regeneration, as well as blocking one key single target disable that hinders the activation of Primal Split.
- allows Brewmaster to jump in and initiate from across the map.
|Roles:||Carry Initiator Durable Disabler Nuker|
|Playstyle:||For nine days Mangix fought the master of his order, both warriors swilling and striking in equal measure, until at last the elder collapsed into a drunken stupor. Having claimed the title of Brewmaster, Mangix now wanders the land as a Drunken Brawler, swinging and evading with unpredictable finesse. Under one arm he holds a great keg, and not merely for storing booze. Mangix drenches enemies in alcohol, disorienting them before slamming the barrel down with a Thunder Clap. Rumor around taverns is that the Brewmaster is actually composed of three elementals, and should one catch him sufficiently intoxicated, one may just witness this Primal Split in action.|
- Brewmaster, like Blizzard Entertainment. His design is similar to that of a red panda, rather than the giant panda that the Pandaren in DotA were based on. , and , was a Pandaren in DotA. However, he was re-skinned due to copyright issues with
- Most of Brewmaster's abilities were derived from the Warcraft III neutral hero of the same name, with borrowed from the hero Mountain King being the only new ability.
- Primal Split's Play sound effect upon spawning the 3 spirits is based on this Play laughter response line of Brewmaster.