From Dota 2 Wiki
|Hero||Strategy||Counters||Equipment||Gear||Responses||Sounds||Lore||Old Abilities||Changelogs||Known Bugs|
- Rubick is a potential counter to Bounty Hunter as he can steal his Track and use it against his invisibility.
- Slardar's Corrosive Haze provides True Sight on its target, thus exposing Bounty Hunter's position regardless of Shadow Walk. In addition, Slardar's Guardian Sprint gives a very high movement speed bonus allowing him to chase BH even if Slardar is tracked.
- Spectre can instantly reveal Bounty Hunter's position on the activation of her Ultimate Haunt. She can also semi-reveal(visible but not target-able) BH by hitting him with Spectral Dagger.
- Spirit Breaker's Charge of Darkness semi-reveals Bounty Hunter, taking away his element of surprise for the duration of the charge. Also, as Charge of Darkness shows BH's position, SB's allies can proceed to gank BH while he is roaming alone.
- Lightning Bolt makes roaming behind enemy lines more and more difficult as Zeus becomes powerful enough to spam it. Also, Zeus' Ultimate Thundergod's Wrath reveals Bounty Hunter regardless of his position.
- Heroes that have long lasting and cheap Area of Effect abilities like March of the Machines, Heartstopper Aura, Scorched Earth and Radiance's burn aura make stalking difficult for Bounty Hunter.
- Heroes that are naturally hard to gank, ranging from beefy tanks like Abaddon and Wraith King to heroes with quick escape mechanisms like Anti-Mage and Storm Spirit are also undesirable targets for a lone, roaming Bounty Hunter to scout out and initiate on.
- Bristleback's Viscous Nasal Goo can catch and slow Bounty Hunter. Warpath and Quill Spray can defeat him quickly due to his small HP pool when compared to Bristleback's.
- Slark has higher mobility than Bounty Hunter. If Slark has True Sight and Bounty Hunter doesn't have Black King Bar, Pounce will shut him down completely. One more reason, Dark Pact removes Track.
- Night Stalker's Crippling Fear at night prevents Shadow Walk for an extended period of time and his Void will make Phase Boots useless. If Night Stalker has True Sight, he can shutdown Bounty Hunter's sneak kill, especially if Night Stalker has an Aghanim's Scepter.
- Heroes that can remove the Track debuff with their skills:
- Abaddon with Aphotic Shield and Borrowed Time
- Huskar with Life Break
- Juggernaut with Blade Fury
- Legion Commander with Press the Attack
- Lifestealer with Rage and Infest
- Naga Siren with Mirror Image
- Omniknight with Repel
- Oracle with Fortune's End and False Promise
- Phantom Lancer with Doppelganger
- Slark with Dark Pact
- Ursa with Enrage
- Weaver with Time Lapse
- Tidehunter with Kraken Shell when damage received reaches the threshold.
- Necronomicon 3 gives True Sight to the Necronomicon Warrior.
- Dust of Appearance is the typical counter against Bounty Hunter's Shadow Walk. Early game, this item can easily guarantee a kill on Bounty Hunter if he is invisible as he may not have a means of removing his invisibility safely (thus receiving the 20% movement slow).
- Sentry Wards can act as repellent if he knows of their place or as a trap if he doesn't.
- Gem of True Sight is a powerful deterrent against his roaming.
- Guardian Greaves, Lotus Orb, Black King Bar, Eul's Scepter of Divinity and Manta Style are good for removing Track, in addition to their other useful effects.
- In Lotus Orb's case, it may also be used to reflect Track back towards Bounty Hunter, revealing him and hastening any ally near him.
Good against...Nyx Assassin
- Nyx Assassin wants to start ganking as soon as he gets his Vendetta. Keeping him Tracked prevents him from ganking, and thus from doing his job in the game.
- Nyx Assassin has a lot of armor and health regen, making the nuke damage from Shuriken Toss very good against him.
- Bounty Hunter can absolutely destroy a Shadow Fiend's game, by ganking his midlane with Shadow Walk, Jinada and Shuriken Toss.
- If his lane goes bad a Shadow Fiend usually goes to the jungle. Follow him with Shadow Walk and take half of his experience.
- Shuriken Toss is a good way to interrupt Shadow Fiend's long cast animation on Requiem of Souls.
- Fragile heroes: Bounty Hunter has decent nuking capabilities with Bounty Hunter and Jinada thus making fragile heroes easy picks for ganking. Few examples of such heroes are: Crystal Maiden, Pugna, Skywrath Mage, Io, Witch Doctor, etc.
- Invisibility reliant heroes: Heroes with invisibility abilities or those that have invested into invisibility items are hindered by Bounty Hunter's Track. Few examples of such heroes are: Clinkz, Riki, Treant Protector, Broodmother, etc.
- Monkey King is also hindered by Track since he relies on trees to hide him from vision.
- Low mobility heroes: Heroes with no/little means of traveling fast have difficulty getting to/away from Bounty Hunter due to his slowing Jinada and hastening Track. Few examples of such heroes are: Crystal Maiden, Sniper, Ursa, Witch Doctor, etc.
- Channeled Spells: Shuriken Toss's ministun is very effective against channeled spells such as Town Portal Scroll, Freezing Field, Black Hole, Death Ward, etc.
- BH can severely hinder unprotected junglers by leeching their XP and stealing last hits.
- Track is good for triggering enemy Linken's Sphere.
Works well with...Invoker
- Track allows Invoker to snipe heroes with Sun Strike.
- Nature's Prophet can teleport nearby tracked enemies if they are suspected to be isolated from their team.
- Spectre's Ultimate Haunt allows her to participate with Bounty Hunter's ganks on the press of two buttons allowing her to transition from farming to ganking and back to farming in a few seconds.
- Thundergod's Wrath and Lightning Bolt reveal invisible heroes, allowing Bounty Hunter to Track them.
- Heroes with global presence such as Spirit Breaker, Spectre and Nature's Prophet are excellent heroes to accompany Bounty Hunter with ganks. Lifestealer can also jump into Bounty Hunter with Infest to assist with Track kills.
- Additionally, cores with strong early game presence such as Phantom Assassin and Juggernaut can snowball harder as they can join the fray earlier and start helping with Track kills.