Gondar the Bounty Hunter is a melee agility hero that excels at hunting, chasing down and killing single targets. His skill set allows him to roam and gank very effectively, as his Shadow Walk allows him to sneak up to unsuspecting targets to initiate. Shadow Walk is also an effective escape and mobility spell, as he can run from dangerous situations and roam invisibly around the map to keep the enemy guessing even if they have Observer Wards active. His ability to deal medium amounts of damage with Jinada, interrupt their Town Portal Scrolls with Shuriken Toss, and keep perfect tabs on their location and movements with Track all make him a powerful and ruthless ganker who is all but impossible to escape once he has his sights locked in. Bounty Hunter's ability to roam, scout and get important kills for his team while bolstering their gold gain with Track can secure his team a strong gold advantage, and give his foes no safe place to hide.
Does not stun or attempt to damage spell immune units.
Can jump to and off of spell immune units.
- The shuriken travels at a speed of 1000.
- The shuriken first applies the damage, then the debuff.
- The initial target does not have to be ed for the shuriken to bounce.
- Can only bounce to each unit once.
- When upgraded by
, the shuriken bounces on each tracked enemies a second time.
- It first jumps on all tracked units it didn't jump to yet. If no such enemies are found, it jumps to tracked enemies it jumped onto already.
- Cannot bounce on the same unit twice in a row, so if used against a lone tracked target, it is only hit once.
- Choosing the damage upgrading talent immediately upgrades all of Bounty Hunter's currently flying shurikens.
- When off cooldown, Bounty Hunter's weapons emit particle effects.
- Checks its cooldown on attack begin, not on attack hit.
- This means Jinada does not apply when it went off cooldown during the attack animation.
- The attack first applies the debuff, then its own damage.
- Does not interrupt Bounty Hunter's channeling spells upon cast.
- The bonus damage is dealt in a separate damage instance, and counts as spell damage.
- Shadow Walk's damage is applied before the leading attack's damage is applied.
- During the fade time, Bounty Hunter can cast spells, use items and perform attacks without breaking the invisibility.
- Those attacks apply the Shadow Walk damage.
- The invisibility is broken upon reaching the cast point of spells or items, or upon landing an attack. Missed attacks do not break it.
- Shadow Walk allows Bounty Hunter to pass through other units, including wards, but not through buildings.
- Bounty Hunter can pick up, drop or attack items without breaking the invisibility.
- Despite the visual effect, the Track debuff is applied instantly on the target.
- Grants the gold to Bounty Hunter and his allies around the target when the target dies, no matter how it dies.
- The bonus gold is added as reliable gold.
- Track can be cast on illusions and , but does not grant any gold when they die.
- Allies only get the bonus gold if they are within 900 range of the tracked hero while alive. Bounty Hunter himself gets the gold regardless of distance, even while dead.
- The move speed is provided by an aura on the target. Its buff lingers for 0.5 seconds. Multiple instances of the aura do not stack.
- When multiple s are tracked and one of them dies, each Meepo grants the Track gold around them.
- The visual effects and sound of Track are only visible and audible to Bounty Hunter and his allies. However, the debuff is visible to everyone.
- The visual effects on allies given by the move speed buff are visible to everyone as well.
- The move speed buff is also applied to neutral creeps, including .
- The debuff icon on the target shows how much gold it currently has.
- Alt-clicking the debuff also announces their current gold in the chat.
|+350 Health||15||+50 Attack Speed|
|+25% XP Gain||10||+25 Movement Speed|
- regenerates health for Bounty Hunter to resist enemy harassment.
- also restores health.
- allows Bounty Hunter to maintain casting his spells, as his base mana pool is quite small and Shadow Walk costs little mana to cast.
- es provide attributes that improve survivability.
- provides damage block to counter physical harassment, and is effectively mandatory when playing in the off-lane.
- are important for survival as an offlaner, and important for getting in position for ganks as a roamer. Buy them as early as possible.
- is a powerful early-game complement to Jinada, as the combination of slows can reduce a target's movement speed by up to 42%
- is a good item to get on Bounty Hunter once he begins roaming, as it firms up his HP pool and gives him some mana regen. Getting successful ganks off will get charges that can be used either to add damage in further ganks or to heal in between ganks.
- is highly recommended on Bounty Hunter, as his small HP pool makes it disparately effective on him and his spells have low cooldowns (and a high mana cost, in the case of Shuriken Toss). A full charge Magic Stick can replenish a large fraction of Bounty Hunter's health, and give him enough mana to cast multiple spells. is powerful for all the same reasons, giving Bounty Hunter additional attributes as well as larger charge storage.
- increases the mana pool for Bounty Hunter and restore mana to team so everyone can use more abilities on the map.
- gives comprehensive attribute bonuses as well as increasing Bounty Hunter and his allies' movement speed, important for getting ganks off. Activating it during a gank or fight can give teammates a tremendous movement speed boost that stacks with that of Track, giving your allies a decisive edge in mobility.
- improves Bounty Hunter's survivability against physical attacks with armor and evasion, as well as giving him increased mana regen. Using the active on a gank target reduces their armor by a large amount, and make them easier to hit.
- dispels and reflects targeted abilities to protect Bounty Hunter and allies in team fights.
- replenish health and mana to all your team and you, remove debuffs from you like some silences, and the guardian aura its strong during teamfights, it can be farmed fast with Track kills.
- is very effective on Bounty Hunter both as a roamer. The low mana cost of his spells and his small HP pool mean that he gets a lot of benefits from the regen, and his mobility with Shadow Walk allows him to bottle runes as needed.
- give Bounty Hunter increased mobility, and the bonus damage synergizes best with Jinada. Be careful when using the active, as doing so will break Shadow Walk invisibility.
- allows Bounty Hunter to lifesteal, giving him a measure of sustainability by attacking creeps. The basic mana and health regen it provides makes him a more independent roamer, and the bonus damage and armor improve his offensive and defensive capabilities. Beware purchasing this item when initiating on foes in-lane though, as the lifesteal aura may give away your position.
- protects Bounty Hunter from targeted spells, on top of the stat and regen improvement. Blocking an enemy from targeting you with a disable or debuff can drastically improve Bounty Hunter's survivability when evading enemy ganks, and can increase the chances of successful ganks by preventing the enemy from counter-disabling you.
- greatly increases the size of Bounty Hunter's mana pool, as well as giving him powerful mana regen to let him sustain without having to return to the fountain as often. The silence is a powerful ganking tool, as it prevents foes from retaliating during a gank and can help ensure a kill due to the damage amplification at the end of the silence.
- is a powerful initiating item as it drastically increases the damage taken from attacking a target out of Shadow Walk with Jinada. The armor reduction helps allies to add their damage in a gank, ensuring a swift kill.
- greatly extends Bounty Hunter's already strong mobility, as he can chase and escape over impassable terrain, especially when combined with Track. It can be used in conjunction with Shadow Walk to allow for powerful initiations and chasing, preventing targets from running away under even the best of circumstances.
- can be a powerful utility item that aids Bounty Hunter's spell casting. It boosts the size of his mana pool, as well as providing mana regen. The increased cast range allow Bounty Hunter to cast his spells from safer range.
- give Bounty Hunter more mobility, along with freeing up inventory space due to not needing a Town Portal Scroll anymore. As such, more powerful damage or initiating items can be built, and targets can be chased more easily, as well as the global repositioning giving Bounty Hunter far more opportunities to execute ganks due to being able to teleport to allied creeps instead of just towers.
- is a very strong utility item that greatly improves Bounty Hunter's disabling potential. Besides giving him all-around attributes and greatly boosting his intelligence and mana regen, the Hex is an extremely powerful hard disable that can instantly disable a target from range.
|Playstyle:||Fear is the mother of rumor, and tales of Gondar's origins are nothing but hearsay. He Shadow Walks into the best guarded keeps, enchanting his blades with the word "Jinada", so that they may cripple with a single slice. If that doesn't do the job, Gondar reaches for his oversized Shuriken, and slings it into his victim's back. For the right price, the Bounty Hunter will deliver any head. The hunted are tagged with an invisible mark, allowing Gondar and his partners to Track, kill, and make a little extra off the corpse. Because in the end, it's all about the gold.|
- In DotA, Gondar shared the same hero model and dialogue as Akama, a playable Broken Draenei hero in the campaign of Warcraft III: Frozen Throne, and later an NPC in World of Warcraft.
- Gondar's line, Play "No job is too big, no fee is too big." is a direct quote from the movie Ghostbusters.
- Gondar's line, Play "Dead or Alive you're coming with me." is the same line used multiple times by the main protagonist of the movie "Robocop".
- Bounty Hunter's line, Play "You can run but you can't hide." is the same line from the movie "Liar Liar."