From Dota 2 Wiki
|An old bottle that survived the ages, the contents placed inside become enchanted.|
- Bottles are fully sharable.
- However, a Bottle which currently contains a rune cannot be shared, dropped or moved into the backpack.
- The Bottle does not disappear upon using up all charges.
- Bottles are automatically replenished when the carrier is affected by the Fountain's Rejuvenation Aura.
- A Bottle slows couriers carrying it by 30% if the Bottle is not full (3 charges). This effect stacks.
- Interrupts the user's channeling spells upon cast.
- Has no effect when used while having no charges left, only the cooldown gets triggered.
- Successive casts on the same target do not stack, but refresh the duration instead.
- When casting without the Control key, it always casts on self in one click. When holding the Control key, a target has to be selected.
- If the target is more than 600 range away, the caster moves to the target until it is within 350 range before casting.
- If a cast order is given on a target which is within 600 range already, the caster does not need to move closer and casts it right away.
- Couriers can cast Regenerate, putting the item on its cooldown, but not regenerating the target or wasting a charge.
- The owner does not have to face the target to give it a Bottle charge.
- Restores in the form of regeneration, so it restores 3.6 health / 2.4 mana in 0.1 second intervals, which is 36 health / 24 mana per second.
- All 3 charges together can restore up to 270 health and 180 mana.
- Fully stacks with other health and mana regeneration increasing effects.
- While having a Bottle, right-clicking a rune stores it in the bottle, instead of activating it.
- Runes cannot be stored when the bottle is in the backpack. When the Bottle gets moved from the backpack into the main inventory, it is immediately able to store runes.
- The Bottle does not need to be empty to store runes. A full Bottle can be used to store runes just as well as an empty or half full one.
- However, a Bounty Rune cannot be stored when having 3 Bottle charges. They can only be stored when having 2 or less charges left.
- A rune stays stored for up to 2 minutes, at which point it gets automatically used.
- This automatic usage does not interrupt the owner in any way, and does not break invisibility.
- While having a rune stored, the Regenerate ability activates the rune, instead of regenerating the user.
- Unlike the automatically activated rune, manually activating it does interrupt the caster and does break invisibility, using Regenerate's behavior.
- Activating the rune (be it manually or automatically) refills the Bottle to 2 charges if it was a Bounty rune, or full charges if it was another rune.
- If the owner is dead as 2 minutes pass, the rune disappears without applying its effects, but the Bottle gets refilled normally.
- Only one rune can be stored in a Bottle at a time. Attempting to store another rune into it just directly uses the new targeted rune.
- However, it is possible to have multiple Bottles in the inventory and store a rune with each of them.
| Double Damage
- Heroes who play in the mid-lane usually do well with a Bottle, because it allows them to control runes.
- Io can use a Bottle to increase the healing to his allies with Tether.
- The Bottle can be used as a quick healing item that can be easily replenished, or to save up a rune for later use. Though it costs significantly more than other consumables, the Bottle does not have limited uses, as it can be refilled at the fountain at any time.
- Bottles refill automatically whenever they are in the inventory of a unit which is affected by the team fountain's Rejuvenation Aura.
- The aura's buff lingers for three seconds, so for a brief time after leaving the fountain, Bottles are still refilled.
- Use the Bottle repeatedly at the fountain to regenerate faster.