From Dota 2 Wiki
|A reviled blade that bites deeper with each wriggle of its victim's final throes.|
- For strength heroes, it grants 30 attack speed, 300 mana, 45% mana regen amplification (at least 3.26 mana regen) and 1.79% spell damage.
- For agility heroes, it grants 30 attack speed, 300 mana, 45% mana regen amplification (at least 3.26 mana regen) and 1.79% spell damage.
- For intelligence heroes, it grants 30 attack speed, 375 mana, 56.25% mana regen amplification (at least 5.1 mana regen), 2.23% spell damage and 85 attack damage.
Cast Range: 900
Damage Amplification: 30%
Critical Proc Chance: 100%
Critical Damage: 140%
Effect persists and attempts to deal damage when expiring while spell immune if debuff was placed before spell immunity and when not dispelled.
- Does not directly amplify damage as it is dealt, but rather saves all damage values and deals 30% of it 5 seconds after cast.
- The damage is applied as soon as the debuff expires. Dispelling the debuff, however, skips the damage entirely.
- Recasting Soul Rend on the same target refreshes the duration.
- Doing this delays the damage further, and gives more time to deal damage to the target.
- The damage is credited to the last caster of Soul Rend on the target.
- Only considers magical, physical and pure damage (after all reductions). Other sources of health loss are ignored.
- Applies Accuracy on the target, causing all attacks done against it to not miss to evasion or blind effects.
- The critical strike is only applied to attacks launched on a debuffed enemy. Previously launched attack projectiles are unaffected.
- In reverse, this also means that projectiles launched during the debuff still crit even when landing after it already expired.
- Together with the passive Critical Strike, increases attack damage against debuffed targets by an average of 47%.
- Shares cooldown with .
- Bloodthorn deals heavy damage when combined with . As such, may be ignored as using Bloodthorn provides more DPS. Daedalus has a chance to crit while Bloodthorn guarantees crits when it has been used to silence the enemy.
- When combined with Bloodthorn, using against enemy heroes will trigger a rapid succession of crits.
- Bloodthorn's crit is a decent replacement or supplement to Nature's Prophet's other popular late game damage items.
- Bloodthorn provides a convenient upgrade to Queen of Pain's late game damage output, which falls off over time.
- A natural upgrade from , a core item on Storm Spirit.
- The damage increase from its passive and active abilities make Storm Spirit much more effective at quickly killing tanky enemies in the late game, bolstering his largely-static damage output.
- Bloodthorn's bonuses help offset Sven's limited mana pool, and the passive and Soul Rend crits are devastating in combination with .
- Soul Rend can shut down enemies with disables, escape abilities, or evasion, letting Sven strike them down unimpeded.
- Bloodthorn is a viable alternative to a on Weaver for shutting down troublesome enemies like and , but is situational due to its lower crit damage and damage bonuses.
- Build the orchid first, it will provide good damage, mana regen and a powerful silence that enemies wont be able to purge early game.
- Bloodthorn's active accuracy counters evasion from any source, such as or , as well as blind effects from any source, like or .
- Generally, Bloodthorn is a worthy upgrade for any hero that purchases an or a . It is arguably better than because it guarantees crits of 140% damage with True Strike for your team, silences, chances to deal crits of 175% damage, and a 30% magical damage aftermath while Daedalus grants only chances to deal crits of damage.
- On average, attack damage is increased by Lua error: Expression error: Unexpected < operator.. when the debuff is applied (due to both the debuff and the passive critical strike of the item). This will be further amplified by 30% as magic damage at the end of the debuff duration.
- Remember that Bloodthorn's active gives guaranteed crits along with a silence. Targets may still be able to escape with or before you could damage them.
- The ensured crits from Soul Rend work for all attacks done to the target. This includes attacks from wards, towers, fountains and even allies of the target.
- Casting it on a tower diving enemy makes them take much more damage from the tower.
- It is great when combined with , because Soul Rend causes them to crit their cursed ally as mentioned.
- Instant attacks like and can crit as long as they allow the carriage of attack modifiers. This prevents and from critting.
- Soul Rend does not allow crits from secondary spell projectiles or spell dummy units.
- crits on primary targets, but bounces don't.
- crits on primary targets, but secondary bounces don't.
- do not crit on secondary targets.
- does not crit.
- You don't need to attack too much and chase or dive if you think the bonus 30 % damage at the end of the effect will be enough to kill the target.
- : will make the ennemy unable to purge Soul Rend with items or using and gives additional right click damage.
- : gives a lot of damage per gold to agility heroes, the active apply one of the most powerful movement slow in the game.
- : gives the highest DPS per gold, you will regen a lot more from lifesteal, the silence will protect you from being disabled and nuked.
- Hex will makes the enemy almost helpless and the Hex's base movement speed allows allies to catch up the hexed enemy. Additionally, it also silences, mutes, and disarms the target. : the
- : the armor reduction will amplify the guaranteed crit of your entire team.
- : will increase the attack speed of your team and reduce the armor of all enemies.
- : apply a powerful move speed slow, combined with a blink Dagger the active can disable the ennemy's Blink Dagger. It is better an intelligence heroes for the damage it give them.
- : will do critical hits and have true strike. The movement speed aura and True Sight are useful to chase your enemy.
- : will return critical strikes on enemies.
, and : purge Soul Rend when used.
- : blocks Soul Rend, but some spells can be used to remove the Linken. Later in the game cheaps items like Force Staff can be used to trigger the Linken.
- : purge Soul Rend and make you immune but Soul Rend has a low cooldown so prefer using it during team fight.
- : use it to escape from a gank.
- Prior to the July 14, 2017 Patch, Bloodthorn's active ability, Soul Rend, did not have an official name. The name was taken from the Dota 2 Wiki and officially implemented into Dota 2.