|A reviled blade that bites deeper with each wriggle of its victim's final throes.|
- For strength heroes, it grants 90 attack speed, 300 mana, 6.75 mana regen and 30 attack damage.
- For agility heroes, it grants 90 attack speed, 300 mana, 6.75 mana regen and 30 attack damage.
- For intelligence heroes, it grants 90 attack speed, 300 mana, 6.75 mana regen and 55 attack damage.
Cast Range: 900
Damage Amplification: 30%
Critical Proc Chance: 100%
Critical Damage: 130%
Effect persists and attempts to deal damage when expiring while spell immune if debuff was placed before spell immunity and when not dispelled.
- Does not directly amplify damage as it is dealt, but rather saves all damage values and deals 30% of it 5 seconds after cast.
- The damage is applied as soon as the debuff expires. Dispelling the debuff, however, skips the damage entirely.
- Recasting Soul Rend on the same target refreshes the duration.
- Doing this delays the damage further, and gives more time to deal damage to the target.
- The damage is credited to the last caster of Soul Rend on the target.
- Only considers magical, physical and pure damage (after all reductions). Other sources of health loss are ignored.
- Applies Accuracy on the target, causing all attacks done against it to not miss to evasion or blind effects.
- The critical strike is only applied to attacks launched on a debuffed enemy. Previously launched attack projectiles are unaffected.
- In reverse, this also means that projectiles launched during the debuff still crit even when landing after it already expired.
- Shares cooldown with .
- Prior to the July 14, 2017 Patch, Bloodthorn's active ability, Soul Rend, did not have an official name. The name was taken from the Dota 2 Wiki and officially implemented into Dota 2.