From Dota 2 Wiki
|Hero||Strategy||Counters||Equipment||Gear||Responses||Sounds||Lore||Old Abilities||Changelogs||Known Bugs|
- Borrowed Time makes Abaddon nearly impossible to gank.
- Aphotic Shield and Mist Coil prevents Bloodseeker from gaining his Thirst bonuses.
- Shallow Grave prevents Bloodseeker from replenishing his health by finishing off enemies.
- Fire Remnant allows Ember Spirit to escape while Ruptured.
- Time Walk negates Rupture's damage.
- Chronosphere prevents Bloodseeker from running down and picking off weak enemies during teamfights.
- Mana Shield makes it very difficult for Bloodseeker to gain his Thirst bonuses.
- Rupture rarely kills Medusa through Mana Shield.
- Waveform ignores Rupture's damage, letting Morphling escape unharmed.
- Attribute Shift (Agility Gain) makes it very hard for Bloodseeker to kill Morphling or gain his Thirst bonuses, since Morphling can use it to sustain damage while trading attacks when Ruptured.
- Morph can be used to turn Morphling into Bloodseeker, and let him chase down enemies with low health.
- Morphling usually builds Linken's Sphere, which blocks Rupture.
- Morphling usually builds Ethereal Blade, which can be used to turn himself or an ally ethereal, avoiding Rupture damage.
- Guardian Angel's near invulnerability denies Bloodseeker the bonuses from Thirst, preventing him from gaining the upper hand in teamfights.
- Purification's pure damage makes it hard for Bloodseeker to pursue enemies, and prevents him from replenishing his health by finishing off enemies.
- Storm Spirit is invulnerable during Ball Lightning, allowing him to zip away from any ganking attempts with Rupture.
- Ball Lightning also prevents Bloodseeker from chasing down an injured Storm Spirit, or catching him in Blood Rite.
- Well planted Land Mines can lure Bloodseeker to his death during ganking attempts.
- Berserker's Rage will repeatedly stun Bloodseeker in a one-on-one fight.
- Whirling Axes (Melee) blinds Bloodseeker, causing him to miss 60% of the time, and therefore reduces his ability to gain the upper hand in teamfights.
- Damage reduction from Atrophy Aura prevents Bloodseeker from killing targets and gaining his Thirst bonuses.
- Pit of Malice's area of effect catches Bloodseeker easily, negating his speed bonus during teamfights.
- Dark Rift allows Underlord to transport Ruptured allies to the fountain, rendering it useless.
- Reincarnation makes Wraith King nearly impossible to gank with Rupture.
- Vampiric Aura restores Wraith King's health, reducing the effect of Thirst.
- Heroes with high armor and durability can be exceptionally hard for Bloodseeker to bring down: Dragon Knight, Axe
- Heroes with illusion and clone abilities may confuse Bloodseeker, causing him to waste time in fights: Phantom Lancer, Chaos Knight, Arc Warden
- Heroes with area heals prevents Bloodseeker from bringing enemies low, and therefore deny him his Thirst bonuses and health return: Necrophos, Dazzle
- Heroes with disables that go through spell immunity can end Bloodseeker before he has the chance to do anything: Batrider, Beastmaster
- Town Portal Scroll will often prevent Bloodseeker's ganking attempts, as he has no disables to interrupt it.
- Blade Mail can reflect damage from Rupture. Strength heroes with mobility skills such as Clockwerk or Centaur Warrunner can reflect large amounts of damage when Ruptured.
- Linken's Sphere prevents Rupture, although Bloodseeker can use Bloodrage first to break the passive.
- Crimson Guard lowers Bloodseeker's damage, making it difficult for his Thirst bonus to kick in.
- Heart of Tarrasque's health regeneration reduces Thirst's effectiveness.
- Lotus Orb reflects Rupture and Bloodrage.
Good against...Anti-Mage Clinkz
- Skeleton Walk is not enough to outrun Bloodseeker, and is detected by Thirst.
- Huskar is often at low health, providing large Thirst bonuses.
- Blood Rite and Rupture deal pure damage, which is unaffected by Berserker's Blood.
- Life Break triggers Rupture's damage.
- Rupture completely negates Lycan's high mobility.
- All of Lycan's summons are good sources of healing with Bloodrage.
- Every Meepo clone adds to Thirst's bonuses.
- Bloodseeker can chase down retreating clones when Meepo tries to cycle weaker clones away from combat.
- Thirst detects Riki whenever his health is low.
- Rupture does large damage when Riki uses Blink Strike.
- Sniper's lack of mobility and escape mechanisms makes him one of the easier heroes for Bloodseeker to gank.
- Rupture and Blood Rite locks down Timbersaw, preventing him from escaping with Timber Chain. However, Timbersaw may reflect a good deal of damage with Blade Mail.
- Windrun triggers the damage from Rupture.
- Heroes with invisibility will be detected by Thirst when they have low enough health: Bounty Hunter, Templar Assassin, Riki, Clinkz, Weaver, Treant Protector.
- Heroes with fast movement abilities will suffer huge damage when afflicted by Rupture.
Works well with...Ancient Apparition
- Ice Blast is very helpful when Bloodseeker is ganking, as Rupture discourages the target from moving out of Ice Blast's impact radius.
- Thirst gives Ancient Apparition to vision to accurately target Ice Blast on retreating enemies, especially before they reach the Fountain.
- Thirst's speed and detection allows Bloodseeker to efficiently chase down Tracked foes and claim their bounty.
- Echo Slam's initiation increases the bonuses from Thirst.
- Earthshaker's many stuns help lock down targets for Bloodseeker.
- Boulder Smashing Ruptured enemies will force them to take heavy damage.
- Thirst gives global vision of all low health enemies, helping Invoker land easy Sun Strikes throughout the game.
- Rupture forces enemies to choose between standing in Jakiro's Macropyre, or moving and taking damage from Rupture.
- Ice Path's long range stops Ruptured enemies to from teleporting away, or moving out of Blood Rite's radius.
- Skewer moves Ruptured enemy, dealing heavy damage.
- Reverse Polarity sets up Blood Rite, damaging and silencing all enemies in the area.
- Empower helps Bloodseeker score last hits and farm effectively throughout the game.
- Thirst's vision helps Nature's Prophet finish off retreating enemies with Teleportation and Wrath of Nature.
- Initiations with Icarus Dive and Supernova significantly increases the bonuses from Thirst before a fight.
- Bloodrage increases magic damage from all of Phoenix's AoE abilities.
- Rupture prevent targets from fleeing of Supernova's AoE range and subsequent stun, which sets up Bloodseeker to cast Blood Rite.
- Initiations with Sonic Wave and Scream of Pain significantly increases the bonuses from Thirst before a fight.
- Bloodseeker can also increase Queen of Pain's nuke damage with Bloodrage.
- Venomancer's area nuke damage can be greatly increased with Bloodrage.
- Venomancer's slows makes it easier for Bloodseeker to chase down dying enemies.
- Venomancer's health degenerating abilities gives Bloodseeker multiple, continuous sources to gain his Thirst bonuses.
- Enemies who drop to low health will become visible through Thirst.
- Poison Nova, being non-fatal, allows Bloodseeker to maximize Thirst's benefits even after most enemies have retreated.
- Fatal Bonds compounds damage taken by the enemy and works at any distance, therefore greatly increasing Thirst's bonuses and helps Bloodseeker chase down fleeing targets.
- Bloodseeker can increase Zeus' damage with Bloodrage, which can greatly lower the enemy's health with Thundergod's Wrath before an engagement.
- Zeus' magical nukes greatly increases the bonus damage from Thirst.
- Heroes with strong burst damage will benefit highly from Bloodrage: Skywrath Mage, Lina, Lion, Outworld Devourer, Lich, Phantom Assassin, Queen of Pain
- Heroes who can move enemies over long distances while Ruptured:
- Force Staff and Hurricane Pike trigger Rupture's damage.
- Eul's Scepter of Divinity prevents enemy from escaping Rupture with Town Portal Scroll, as well as setting up Blood Rite. It can also pop an enemy's Linken's Sphere before Bloodseeker uses Rupture.
- Dagon's burst damage synergizes with Bloodrage's amplification. Also, removing a chunk of HP from enemy heroes will increase Thirst's bonuses.