We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
| Blink Dagger|
|The fabled dagger used by the fastest assassin ever to walk the lands.|
- Double clicking the item automatically casts it on your team's fountain, blinking towards its direction, using the penalty distance.
- Disjoints projectiles upon cast.
- Does not blink for the full distance when targeting closer than the max distance.
- When targeting beyond the max blink distance, it blinks for 960 range towards the targeted direction, instead of 1200.
- The second sound only plays when the blinked distance is greater than 960. It is audible to everyone.
- Damage greater than Roshan puts Blink on a 3 second cooldown.
from any player (including allies and self) or
- Since it is a cooldown and not actually disabled, it can be refreshed with Refresher Orb and Rearm.
- However, this cooldown is not affected by Octarine Core or Arcane Rune.
- Does not get disabled by damage flagged as HP Removal.
- This cooldown triggers even when the dagger is inactive due to being or just having left the backpack.
- Initiating heroes with strong, large AoE disables rely heavily on Blink Dagger to take multiple enemies by surprise.
- Some heroes can use Blink Dagger to initiate with smaller disables or burst damage, but usually on fewer or single targets.
- Support heroes with low cast animation disables can initiate on single targets for their team with Blink Dagger.
- Split-pushing heroes often use Blink Dagger to elude defenders by blinking into the treeline.
- Heroes with positioning abilities can take advantage of Blink Dagger to force enemies into unfavorable positions.
- Using Blink always requires a hero to face the direction before actually blinking, meaning when not blinking straightforward the hero will not blink instantly but after a slight delay depending on its turn rate.
- Having an Infused Raindrop will allow to completely block damages over time like a Radiance and will not reset the blink dagger's cooldown.
- In the original DotA, this item was called Kelen's Dagger, in reference to a Warcraft III item, Kelen's Dagger of Escape.
- Kelen was a well known rogue in the Warcraft universe, who was known for his ability to escape from any dangerous situation thanks to the help of his dagger.
- Riki and Lion are the only heroes who are missing responses for acquiring a Blink Dagger.