Enigma is a ranged intelligence hero who uses his abilities to cripple his enemies, supported by a seemingly inexhaustible army of creeps. His fearsome abilities can bind entire teams under his might. Enigma is also a formidable jungler and pusher owing to his ability to create creeps.
The deliverance of his ultimate, Black Hole, engulfs an area around him with dark energies and disables enemies caught within it, making him an extremely powerful yet conditional initiator and disabler. His Midnight Pulse consumes sections of enemies' life in a region over time and his Malefice stuns targets. His trademark ability is Demonic Conversion, which splits a creep into three eidolons under his control. If they can land enough attacks on an enemy unit before their expiration, they multiply and are healed to full health.
- The first instance occurs upon cast, and then every 2 seconds.
- Can deal up to 90/150/210/270 ( 210/350/490/630) damage (before reductions).
- On each tick, Malefice first applies the damage, then the stun.
- Multiple instances of Malefice do not stack, but refresh the duration instead. It continues ticking with the tick rate of the first cast.
- Demonic Conversion kills the target unit, granting the gold and experience bounty, or resulting in a deny when cast on allied units.
- Attacking buildings or allied units does not count towards the number of attacks required to multiply, but attacking wards does.
- The attack is counted upon projectile launch, not upon hit, therefore, it does not matter whether the attack actually hits the target or not.
- Eidolons multiply upon their 7th attack projectile launch, regardless of whether the attack is a valid one (such as a building).
- When multiplying, the Eidolon's health is refreshed. Their duration is not refreshed.
- However, the splitting Eidolon's duration gets increased by 2 seconds.
- Eidolons can only multiply once. Eidolons which spawned through multiplication, cannot multiply.
- Midnight Pulse deals damage in 1 second intervals, starting 1 second after cast, resulting in 11 instances.
- Can deal up to 33%/41.25%/49.5%/57.75% of the affected units' maximum health as damage (before reductions).
- Successive casts of Midnight Pulse work fully independently from each other.
- Destroys trees within 550 radius at the target location upon cast.
- Spirals affected units counterclockwise towards the center at a speed of 30, resulting in a maximum possible distance of 120.
- The closer the units are to the center, the stronger they get pulled to the center, with almost no pull, but only rotation at max distance.
- Can pull affected units over impassable terrain and through trees without destroying them.
- Units inside Black Hole can be pulled out by various spells. , , and cannot move units out of Black Hole.
- The pull and disable are provided by an aura, which lingers for 0.5 seconds, or until the channeling stops, whichever is shorter.
- Deals damage in 1 second intervals, starting 1 second after cast, resulting in 4 instances.
- Can deal up to 200/400/600 ( + 12%/15%/18%/21% of maximum health) damage (before reductions).
does not actually cause to be cast when using Black Hole, it just adds its damage to Black Hole:
- The extra damage is equal to the current level of Midnight Pulse, so if not learned, Black Hole deals no extra damage.
- The extra damage is dealt in separate instances, in the same intervals as Black Hole's damage, resulting in 8 total instances together with Black Hole's regular damage.
- The extra damage is dealt across the whole radius of Black Hole and lasts for the duration of Black Hole.
- The extra damage stacks with any previously cast Midnight Pulse and deals pure damage.
- Unlike the Midnight Pulse skill, the upgrade's pulse damage hits ancient creeps.
- Also unlike Midnight Pulse, it does not destroy trees in the area upon cast.
- Provides 800 range ground vision at the targeted point for 4 seconds upon cast.
|+120 Gold/Min||15||15% Cooldown Reduction|
|+15% Magic Resistance||10||+25 Movement Speed|
- The magic resistance talent stacks multiplicatively with other sources of magic resistance.
- The magic resistance talent increases Enigma's magic resistance to 36.25%.
- Gold granted from the talent is unreliable gold.
- The cooldown reduction talent stacks multiplicatively with Arcane Rune. and additively with
- The health talent increases maximum health capacity, and keeps the current health percentage.
- provides mana to produce Eidolons in the early game.
- provides some health regeneration to keep Enigma in jugle or lane.
- ferries items to teammates.
- helps in the jungle since it gains charges from neutral creeps casting their abilities, restoring health and mana to Enigma.
- is a great source of mana, allowing him to use his Demonic Conversion as often as possible. Enigma does not often go close to enemies since his abilities and his Eidolons have a relatively reliable range.
- help you getting into position to use Black Hole.
- is a cost effective upgrade from Magic Stick.
- give high health regeneration in early levels, which can be used in between creep farming in the jungle, or during since Enigma has his Eidolons to tank for him. The high speed also enables Enigma to roam quickly in search for other creep camps, or to help gank.
- helps your positioning greatly and helps to pull off a good Black Hole.
- spell immunity so the enemies cannot easily interrupt Black Hole, though some abilities can pierce spell immunity so Enigma also has to consider Linken's Sphere as a supplement or an alternative. grants
- gives Enigma high health and mana regeneration. The active allows Enigma to use Black Hole twice in one fight.
- stacks with talent to reduce cooldown of Black Hole, putting constant pressure on the enemies with the frequent threat of this dangerous ultimate ability.
- is highly recommended, as Enigma can farm very quickly in the early stages of the game, is relatively item independent, and has a large mana pool, all of which are traits of a strong Mekansm carrier. The added armor, health regen, and active heal can also aid Enigma's Eidolons, and is very effective and needed to buff or remedy hurt allies in teamfights.
- grants invisibility so Enigma can initiate with the element of surprise.
- grants bonus gold and experience so Enigma can gain access to powerful items and talents sooner.
- greatly increases the effectiveness of Black Hole, as well as much needed attributes to remedy his health and mana pools.
- provides an intense increase to mana regeneration, and adds a much needed secondary disable that does not have a cast point.
- also gives Enigma some mana management bonuses, and its active ability synergizes well with Black Hole.
- grants him additional range, allowing him to land his ultimate perhaps at much quicker speed without having to walk toward the team, and also to keep him out of harm's way if there is a nearby enemy that is not caught by his ultimate.
- allows a slot to be freed, provides a steady supply of health and mana regeneration to the team, and increases Enigma's survivability.
- is an alternative to Black King Bar for when the enemy team has disables that ignore spell immunity, such as .
|Roles:||Disabler Jungler Initiator Pusher|
|Playstyle:||A mystery worthy of his name, Enigma could only be described as a being of the void, a beast between planes. He draws aspects of himself from other dimensions, performing Demonic Conversions to summon numerous Eidolons. The ground darkens under a Midnight Pulse, and foes are stunned by the unseen force of Malefice as they try to flee its entropic effects. One legend has it that Enigma is actually the first collapsed star. This theory grows more plausible as Enigma begins to channel a cosmic singularity, pulling all except himself into the superdense center of his Black Hole.|
- Many of Enigma's responses are references to Friedrich Nietzsche's works; the line, Play "I stare also into you." references a passage in Beyond Good and Evil, where it is stated that "And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you".
- Enigma's rival line towards Play "Even time may fail in the face of gravity.'" is a reference to the time dilating effect of gravity.
- Many of Enigma's responses are also references to concepts in cosmology (the Big Bang, gravity wells, redshifts, and black holes) or particle physics (path integrals, universal constants).
- In DotA, Enigma's hero name was Darchrow. In the transition to Dota 2, his name was removed, most likely to emphasize his hero title.
- Play "The Fundamentals unite." , , and together represent the four fundamental forces of the universe with Enigma representing the gravitational force. This is reflected in several of Enigma's responses to these heroes.
- The term "eidolon" comes from ancient greek literature, where it refers to a human-like phantom, the shade of one who died.
Model before Version 7.00