Gamepedia was upgraded to MediaWiki version 1.31 on Wednesday November 14th. To learn more about the upgrade and its effects click here.
The wispy tendrils of Io the Fundamental can be found in all planes of the universe, having existed across the boundaries of realms known and unknown since before time itself. After an eternity of exploring the span of its mystic province, Io knows that no matter where the tide of battle leads, the bonds of friendship will always carry the day.
1 Same as default effect, but tinted red instead of yellow.
|Activating Rune (unused)||Play Play Play|
- The existence of this item may imply that Dota 2 shares the same multiverse as Valve's Portal and Half-Life franchises.
- This item was made as a result of The International 2016's Arcana vote. coming in second place in
- This item's design is based on the Weighted Companion Cube from the Portal series.
- The particle effects for matches the entrance and exit portals from the Portal franchise.
- The teleport sounds are identical to the fire sounds of the Portal Gun from the Portal franchise. The sound during the Relocate delay is also based on the sounds made by the Turrets from Portal.
- The first blood (Play) and kill (Play) responses come from the first two bars of Still Alive, the ending credits song from Portal.