|The bearer of this mighty axe gains the ability to cut down swaths of enemies at once.|
- Can only target trees (including trees) and enemy s and s.
- Can also target an enemy ' s and , using the same cast range as for wards.
- Does not share cooldown with .
Attack Damage Bonus (Melee): 24
Attack Damage Bonus (Ranged): 7
- Stacks with the Quell of , but not with additional Battle Furies.
- When the owner's attack type changes to ranged or melee, the attack damage bonus adapts immediately.
- When attacking creeps, Quell also causes cleave, splash, and to deal more damage to every unit they hit.
- The damage bounces are not increased, since they are based on the attacker's attack damage value.
- Cleave damage is reduced by Damage Block.
- The complete area is shaped like an isosceles trapezoid in front of the attacking hero.
- Fully stacks with other sources of cleaves. Each source of cleave works completely independent.
- Does not cleave upon attacking wards, buildings or allied units. Wards and buildings are unaffected by cleave.
- Despite the visual effect, cleave damage is applied instantly in the whole area.
- Ranged units cannot cleave.
- Anti-Mage needs Battle Fury to farm, since he is terrible without items and has trouble farming fast without it. Combined with , he can flash-farm the jungle and quickly build his much needed items if not ganked.
- Juggernaut can farm really fast with it when combined with his base attack time. He can pick up the at the secret shop during the laning phase, allowing him to use his abilities more often.
- Battle Fury is a must for a physical damage-built Ember Spirit, since almost his entire damage output relies on , which can deal enormous damage with Battle Fury but little without it. Ember Spirit is also the most reliable carrier of multiple Battle Furies, since each one greatly increases his damage and unlike other carries, he stays safe during while it greatly weakens the survivability of other carriers by having multiple Battle Furies.
- Melee carries who want to accelerate their farm speed: , , ,
- The Battle Fury is great tool for farming but a poor choice for mid game skirmishes owing to its lack of primary attributes. Avoid it if the enemy team plays aggressively and your presence is required in team fights early.
- Effective against illusions, summoned units, jungle stacks, ancient stacks and mega creeps.
- A Battle Fury allow to farm faster than a Midas for a melee hero. You can get this item after boots start with a ring of regen if you are laning or get damage if you are jungling, then get a mobility item like Blink Dagger to reach camps faster.
- The cleave benefits from critical hits, including those from items and ignores evasion.
- Having Battle Fury can help greatly against an enemy , since some carries have little means to escape his without it (the most obvious being and )
- Melee heroes with high attack speed can push far more effectively with Battle Fury, even in late game. Critical hits help too.