|Hero||Strategy||Counters||Equipment||Gear||Responses||Sounds||Lore||Old Abilities||Changelogs||Known Bugs|
Bad against...Abaddon Kunkka
- X Marks the Spot breaks Flaming Lasso when used on ally and can break if used on Batrider.
- Nyx can walk into Firefly with Spiked Carapace and stun Batrider if he has no Spell Immunity.
- False Promise dispels Flaming Lasso.
- Fortune's End can root Batrider after he uses Flaming Lasso. It can also dispel Sticky Napalm and Flamebreak.
- Fate's Edict when used on a Lasso'd target will leave them immune to magical damage, making it difficult to burst them quickly before the Lasso ends.
- Kraken Shell can dispel Flaming Lasso.
- If Batrider drags Tidehunter back towards his team, it can be setup for a well placed Ravage.
- Nether Swap breaks Flaming Lasso when used on ally and can break if used on Batrider.
- Vengeful Spirit can disable Batrider's Blink Dagger before a fight with Wave of Terror.
- Plague Wards are very hard for Batrider to play against as they provide a lot of vision as well as disable Blink Dagger for a long duration.
- Time Lapse with Aghanim's Scepter dispels Flaming Lasso when used on allied hero.
- Linken's Sphere is core item for a Weaver making him a hard target for Lasso during entire game.
- Dark Pact can dispel Flaming Lasso if is used in anticipation, but a Blink initiation from fog can catch the Slark off guard.
- Slark can also take off any Sticky Napalm stacks with Dark Pact in lane.
- Shadow Demon, Outworld Devourer and Tusk can all save a Lasso'd teammate with their defensive spells.
- Death Prophet is a terrible Flaming Lasso target if Exorcism has already been used, since it can still damage Batrider and his teammates, but if Batrider manages to Lasso her before that, it can lead to Death Prophet being quickly burst down.
- Linken's Sphere will block Flaming Lasso, forcing Batrider to waste an item like Force Staff or Eul's Scepter of Divinity on the target just to use Lasso.
- Lotus Orb will cause Batrider to also Lasso himself, preventing him from dragging the enemy away.
- Aeon Disk will dispel Flaming Lasso and protect the target for few seconds giving him a chance to survive.
- Magic Stick and Magic Wand will accumulate charges very quickly against a Batrider spamming Sticky Napalm in lane.
- Blade Mail can reflect damage from Firefly, even if the heroes who carry them are not target for Flaming Lasso.
- Sticky Napalm slows Chen and his creeps and Flamebreak and Firefly can deal heavy damage to them.
- Flaming Lasso pulls Chen away from his creeps, often to certain death.
- Flaming Lasso is the perfect tool to isolate a single Meepo and focus him.
- Firefly destroys trees and can turn Tree Dance into a free four second stun.
- As long as Batrider is under the effect of Firefly, he can safely fly over Proximity Mines (He does not receive vision over the mines).
- Firefly will cut trees with ease, cleaning-up an area that's been enchanted with Eyes In The Forest, and potentially revealing a Treant under the effects of Nature's Guise.
- Batrider's DoT spells are also good versus Living Armor
- Flaming Lasso is one of the strongest initiation spells in the game, when in the right hands. Thus, Batrider has always been a part of competitive Dota, and he is always good against a target caught with his pants down.
- Batrider often hides in the trees to initiate on a target. As such, he has a slight edge against heroes that have no scouting tools and cannot see him coming, such as Lion or Sven.
- For the same reason, he has to be slightly more cunning when playing against heroes that can scout the treeline, such as Ancient Apparition and his Ice Vortex and Shadow Demon and his Shadow Poison.
Works well with...Ursa
- Ursa usually buys a Blink Dagger which should allow him to follow on Batrider's jumps.
- Ursa deals high amount of burst damage through Overpower and Enrage, which could be your best bet to kill a target during Lasso's duration.
- Batrider's Lasso is a prefect disable for a long-duration Life Drain, especially since Pugna doesn't mind Batrider being between him and his target, so long as he drags him close enough to Pugna.
- Pugna can amplify magical damage with Decrepify.
- Lasso can be a good setup for a full-duration Mystic Flare.
- Skywrath Mage can amplify magical damage with Ancient Seal.
- Although hard to execute, Pudge can drag Batrider and his Lasso target back to your team with his Meat Hook.
- Easier to execute, Pudge can further lock down a target with Dismember.
Batrider is usually a team's main initiator and pick-off tool through Flaming Lasso. Therefore Batrider will work well with any teammate that reacts to his initiation, either with high burst damage to kill the target during Lasso, or with extra lockdown after the Lasso expires. Finally, Batrider's damage is only magical so any hero that will reduce a target's magical resistance will increase Batrider's damage output.