Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Batrider is a ranged intelligence hero who excels in lane control and harassing enemies, especially in the early phase of the game. Usually, Batrider is played as a heavy support, items are not needed to utilize his abilities. Batrider is a mobile burst damage raider, capable of dealing enormous amounts of damage on stacks, at a risky close range. Before moving in for the kill, the Batrider hinders his targets with Sticky Napalm, a stacking debuff ability that slows his enemies and amplifies the damage taken from Batrider himself, be it with attacks, spells, or items. When his enemies are greatly crippled, he is ready to attack. With Flamebreak, he launches an explosive cocktail which damages and knocks back enemies in a targeted area. Then, the Batrider activates his Firefly ability, allowing the Batrider to fly high in the sky, creating a burning trail of liquid fire, scorching enemies who dare to go in his path, while giving him the ability to cross and phase through impassable grounds. With Sticky Napalm stacked, he is capable of amplifying and inflicting massive damage quickly, burning them with Flamebreak and Firefly. The Batrider then uses his ultimate, Flaming Lasso, which catches a target with a lasso, shackling and pulling them to his Firefly trail or to the clutches of his merciless allies. When these spells are used altogether, the Batrider is a dangerous hero that the enemy should be aware of, risking his own safety enough to cause fiery chaos and mass destruction.
- Applies a debuff to enemies inside the area. Leaving or entering the area afterwards has no effect.
- Each cast refreshes the duration of the whole stack while adding one more instance.
- The debuff slows and causes the damage. It also shows the amount of current Sticky Napalm stacks on the target.
- Affected units also have a number above them, showing the amount of stacks. This number is only visible to Batrider and his allies, however, they require vision over the target to see it.
- Can slow movement speed for up to 30%/50%/70%/90%. One stack is enough to apply the 70% turn rate slow.
- Can deal up to 100/150/200/250 (50/75/100/125 to creeps) damage per triggering damage instance (before reductions).
- Sticky Napalm triggers on any damage instance caused by Batrider, except from no-reflection flag. , , , and damage with the
- Batrider himself has to cause the damage. Other units under his control do not trigger Sticky Napalm.
- Sticky Napalm deals its damage in a separate damage instance, right after the triggering damage.
- Provides 400 radius flying vision at the targeted point upon cast for 2 seconds.
- Flamebreak travels at a speed of 900 until reaching the targeted point.
- The projectile has 175 radius flying vision. This vision does not last.
- The knockback is not a set distance. It pushes every enemy so they are 400 range away from the center of the targeted area. So the minimum knockback distance is 25.
- The knockback duration is always 0.25, so the speed varies between 100 and 1600, depending on the knockback distance.
- Enemies are not disabled during the knockback, and are, besides moving, able to act freely during it.
- Can push units over impassable terrain. Any tree a knocked back unit collides with gets destroyed.
- Applies a debuff to the affected targets upon projectile impact which deals damage in 1 second intervals, starting 1 second after it is placed, resulting in 4/5/6/7 ( 6/7/8/9) instances.
- Can deal up to 100/150/210/280 ( 150/210/280/360) damage (before reductions).
- The burn debuff from successive casts fully stacks.
- Choosing the duration upgrading talent does not update the duration of already placed Flamebreak damage debuffs.
- Does not affect .
- Firefly interrupts Batrider's channeling spells upon cast.
- Temporarily turns Batrider into a flying unit, allowing him to fly over impassable terrain, units and buildings and have flying vision.
- The entire spell effect lasts 15 ( 23) seconds, meaning when the duration ends, the entire flame trail disappears at once as well.
- Damage is dealt to every enemy unit which comes within 200 radius of the fire trail.
- Deals 5/15/25/35 damage in 0.4 or 0.5 seconds intervals, starting 0.1 seconds after cast, the first interval is 0.4 seconds, the rest are 0.5 seconds, resulting in 31 ( 47) damage instances.
- Can deal up to 155/465/775/1085 ( 235/705/1175/1645) damage to a single unit (before reductions) when it stays in range for the full duration.
- During Firefly, every tree within 100 radius of Batrider is destroyed.
- The fire trails from successive casts fully stack. Each cast creates its buff with its own fire trail.
- When Batrider dies during Firefly, the already existing fire on the ground still stays for the remaining duration.
- The buffs remain visible in the HUD, and are now only responsible for keeping the already existing fire up.
- This means when respawning before they expire, they do not make Batrider fly again or make him leave fire behind again.
- During Firefly, Batrider can neither trigger nor take damage from .
- Choosing the duration upgrading talent does not affect any of Batrider's currently ongoing Firefly instances.
- Does not affect .
- Flaming Lasso fully disables the target for its duration.
- Drags the targeted unit with a 300 distance behind Batrider. Despite the description, can drag the target over impassable terrain.
- If Batrider teleports a distance greater than 425, the lasso breaks.
- If the target gets teleported any distance (even a 0 range teleport is enough), the lasso breaks.
- Flaming Lasso overrides every other position changing effect, making only teleports able to break the lasso.
- The lasso also breaks when either Batrider or the target dies. Casting or on the lasso target breaks the lasso as well.
- Batrider is disarmed during Flaming Lasso. The disarm either lasts 3/3.5/4 seconds, or until the lasso is broken, whichever is shorter.
- Deals damage in 1 second intervals, starting immediately upon cast, with a total of 3/3/4 instances.
- Can deal up to 60/120/240 damage per target (before reductions).
- It is possible to have multiple units lassoed at the same time (e.g. by using ).
- creep-heroes and illusions) of the target within a 450 range to get lassoed as well. It does not lasso any non-hero units.
causes the closest allied hero (including
- The secondary target is bound to the first, so it is dragged after it, at the same distance as the primary target is dragged behind Batrider.
- This means the secondary target is dragged 600 distance behind Batrider.
- The secondary lasso is independent from the primary. When the primary lasso is broken, its target can act freely while the secondary target remains being dragged by it.
|+40 Movement Speed||20||15% Cooldown Reduction|
|+300 Health||15||+2sBurn Duration|
|+5 Armor||10||+6% Spell Amplification|
- gives needed health regeneration during the laning phase.
- restores health to Batrider to keep him in lane.
- gives cheap health, mana, and damage and can build into Magic Wand.
- sustains mana in lane to keep using abilities.
- increases movement speed to make plays in the offlane, can upgrade to Tranquil Boots in the Side Land Shop.
- increases movement speed to keep Firefly on targets.
- helps with sustainability through burst health and mana restoration.
- provides a source of health regeneration and huge movement speed bonus to allow Batrider to remain in lane.
- provides attributes and more burst health and mana than Magic Stick.
- gives attributes and mana regeneration; but more importantly, the movement speed allows Batrider to quickly grab target with Flaming Lasso to his team.
- offers exceptional mobility for Batrider to easily go for Flaming Lasso, the most important item for him.
- can be used while Lassoing a target, allowing you to drag them even further.
- protects Batrider from disables, meaning he can drag the target further out of position without dying as quickly himself.
- has an active slow that may prevent enemies from reacting to your initiation; the damage it deals can put their on cooldown. Also, it gives armor and intelligence for sustainability.
- gives early mana regeneration and absorbs some magical damage.
- gives movement speed to improve Flaming Lasso's drag distance, mana regeneration to help spam your abilities, and also another disable to aid in teamfights or to disjoint projectiles.
- , along with unobstructed vision of Firefly and flying vision of Sticky Napalm, enables Batrider to initiate safely from the covers of trees with True Sight.
- provides some attributes and makes Batrider invulnerable to physical attacks, a great item to escape or complete your initiation without dying too quickly against carries. It can be also upgraded into , which Batrider can freely use, due to his damage output consisting only from magical damage.
- provides extra attributes and allows Batrider to defend himself from physical attacks, or to increase damage output and to apply a disarm on a targeted enemy.
- gives Batrider extra magical damage output and some burst potency, which allows him to kill the enemy affected by Flaming Lasso.
- gives unmatched global presence and the extra movement speed allows Batrider to drag enemies further.
- root a target, preventing them from moving. gives attributes to Batrider and can
- allows Batrider to latch Flaming Lasso on two heroes instead of one, giving tremendous control especially in the late game.
- grants regeneration, attributes, and Spellblock to protect Batrider during execution of Flaming Lasso.
- hex to further disable a single target which proves deadly in the late game. gives attributes, mana regeneration, and
- supplies health, mana, intelligence, and Spell Lifesteal; also, Cooldown Reduction allows Batrider to keep using abilities, especially threatening to enemies with increased frequency of Flaming Lasso.
|Roles:||Initiator Jungler Disabler Escape|
|Playstyle:||While most would find being kidnapped by a morde-bat to be a terrifying ordeal, one particular young man found the incident exhilarating. Seeking to relive the thrill of flight, he entered the Yama Raskav Jungle, and came out high above the canopy as the Batrider. Atop his leathery mount, he drenches targets below in Sticky Napalm, increasing their flammability before setting the land ablaze with Firefly. He hurls an explosive cocktail, knocking foes away with Flamebreak. Want a ride? That can be arranged. The Batrider spots heroes from above, and throws out the Flaming Lasso to string them along for an experience they will not soon forget.|
- Batrider is occasionally referred to as "Batman" in game, mostly due to the recent popularity of Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy starring Christian Bale and Gary Oldman.
- In DotA, Batrider's full name was "Jin'zakk, the Batrider". In Dota 2, his name was removed for unspecified reasons.
- After killing Faceless Void, Batrider says ▶️ "Hey Void! Have you seen Bat to the Future?", which is a reference to the film "Back to The Future"
- Batrider's concept may well be based on Project X-Ray, a military strategy developed during World War II which involved using bats equipped with small, timed, napalm-like incendiaries to decimate towns (See Alexis C. Madrigal's "Old, Weird Tech: The Bat Bombs of World War II," in The Atlantic, 14 April 2011).