From Dota 2 Wiki
- All of Bane's abilities are easy to steal and useful for Rubick:
- Fiend's Grip is channeled ability and ideal target to steal, interrupt (by itself or ) and turn against Bane or his allies.
- Stolen Enfeeble is perfect undispellable debuff against Bane's team's carry.
- Stolen Brain Sap can be even more powerful weapon in Rubick's hands as he is natural carrier making it strong and very short 1.5 sec cooldown nuke/heal.
- Fiend's Grip is a channeled ability, making it extremely easy for Pudge to hook Bane.
- Nightmare is useless against Pudge, as it is instantly cancelled by his .
- can dispel Nightmare and even Fiend's Grip if timed perfectly, while protects from all Bane's single-target-only abilities.
- can dispel Fiend's Grip.
- Heroes with illusions and summons can take off Nightmare and swarm Bane who has no area abilities: , , , , , , ,
- Heroes with dispels ( , , etc) can dispel Bane's disables from allies.
- Heroes with defensive abilities ( , , etc) can save disabled allies.
- Heroes with stuns/silences (especially ranged) can cancel Fiend's Grip ( , , ).
- blocks any of Bane's abilities.
- returns all abilities to Bane.
Good against...Faceless Void
- Faceless Void has no abilities to break Nightmare making it possible to waste .
- Nightmare and Fiend's Grip are long duration disables and can make very unreliable.
- Nightmare can waste entire duration of if non-dueled units will not transfer it to themselves.
- Enfeeble and Brain Sap can help Bane's allies to win a Duel.
- However, be wary that she can dispel your ultimate using .
- Fiend's Grip provides mana drain which is more effective against and strong disable if activated before .
- Enfeeble reduces Medusa's damage, which in turn reduces the effectiveness of .
- Enfeeble is more effective against Phantom Assassin as she has very high critical strike multiplier.
- Nightmare and Fiend's Grip are decent disables against Phantom Assassin.
- Enfeeble is more effective against high attack speed but low damage Troll Warlord.
- Nightmare and Fiend's Grip are decent disables against him, and Nightmare can save focused ally.
- , , and other mana dependent heroes will have diminished impact on a fight if they survive Fiend's Grip due to its mana drain.
Works well with...Grimstroke
- allows Bane to use his abilities on two targets at once, doubling his nuking and disabling powers.
- Nightmare into is a classic combo, especially in the laning stage. Later Fiend's Grip, Brain Sap and multiplies it even more.
- Brain Sap synergies with both being pure damage nukes and heals, especially in the early game.
- Nightmare can be a good setup for as well.
- Nightmare and is good combo, especially early game ganks.
- Nightmare works very well with since Razor can freely steal damage from his target.
- Fiend's Grip is a perfect setup for and followup.
- Enfeeble has a perfect synergy with and protecting both from harass in the lane as well as making impossible for an enemy carry to secure last hits.
- Enfeeble has a perfect synergy with protecting both from harass in the lane as well as making impossible for an enemy carry to secure last hits.
- Fiend's Grip is the perfect disable to keep someone inside .
- Any heroes that further reduce opponents damage: 's , 's etc. Combined with Enfeeble, it can seriously cripple an enemy attacker.