From Dota 2 Wiki
Bad against...Chaos Knight
- Bane has no solution against Chaos Knight's illusions.
- As Bane has only single target skills, dealing with illusions is difficult.
- Nightmare can be easily dispelled by Phantom Lancer's illusions.
- Though Enfeeble is undispellable and helps to differ Phantom Lancer from his illusions.
- All of Bane's abilities are easy to steal and useful for Rubick:
- Fiend's Grip is channeled ability and ideal target to steal, interrupt (by itself or Telekinesis) and turn against Bane or his allies.
- Stolen Enfeeble is perfect undispellable debuff against Bane's team's carry.
- Stolen Brain Sap can be even more powerful weapon in Rubick's hands as he is natural Aghanim's Scepter carrier making it strong and very short 1.5 sec cooldown nuke/heal.
- Fiend's Grip is a channeled ability, making it extremely easy for Pudge to hook Bane.
- Nightmare is useless against Pudge, as it is instantly cancelled by his Rot.
- Dark Pact can purge Nightmare and even Fiend's Grip if timed perfectly, while Shadow Dance protects from all Bane's single-target-only abilities.
- Heroes with dispels ( Abaddon, Oracle, Legion Commander etc) can purge Bane's disables from allies.
- Heroes with defensive abilities ( Outworld Devourer, Shadow Demon, Tusk etc) can save disabled allies.
- Heroes with stuns/silences (especially ranged) can cancel Fiend's Grip ( Earth Spirit, Earthshaker, Vengeful Spirit).
Good against...Faceless Void
- Faceless Void has no abilities to break Nightmare making it possible to waste Chronosphere.
- Nightmare and Fiend's Grip are long duration disables and can make Time Walk very unreliable.
- Nightmare can waste entire duration of Duel if non-dueled units will not transfer it to themselves.
- Enfeeble and Brain Sap can help Bane's allies to win a Duel.
- However, be wary that she can purge your ultimate using Press the Attack.
- Fiend's Grip provides mana drain which is more effective against Medusa and strong disable if activated before Stone Gaze.
- Enfeeble reduces Medusa's damage, which in turn reduces the effectiveness of Split Shot.
- Enfeeble is more effective against Phantom Assassin as she has very high critical strike multiplier.
- Nightmare and Fiend's Grip are decent disables against Phantom Assassin.
- Enfeeble is more effective against high attack speed but low damage Troll Warlord.
- Nightmare and Fiend's Grip are decent disables against him, and Nightmare can save focused ally.
- Wraith King, Medusa, Storm Spirit and other mana dependent heroes will have diminished impact on a fight if they survive Fiend's Grip due to its mana drain.
Works well with...Mirana
- Nightmare into Sacred Arrow is a classic combo, especially in the laning stage. Later Fiend's Grip, Brain Sap and Starstorm multiplies it even more.
- Brain Sap synergies with Purification both being pure damage nukes and heals, especially in the early game.
- Nightmare can be a good setup for Purification as well.
- Nightmare and Meat Hook is good combo, especially early game ganks.
- Nightmare works very well with Static Link since Razor can freely steal damage from his target.
- Enfeeble has a perfect synergy with Kraken Shell and Anchor Smash protecting both from harass in the lane as well as making impossible for an enemy carry to secure last hits.
- Enfeeble has a perfect synergy with Atrophy Aura protecting both from harass in the lane as well as making impossible for an enemy carry to secure last hits.
- Fiend's Grip is the perfect disable to keep someone inside Firestorm.