- can instantly remove disables from his allies, including Fiend's Grip.
- can instantly remove disables from Abaddon, including Fiend's Grip.
- Bane has no mobility and is helpless if caught by .
- can easily hit nightmared targets, as well as Bane while channeling Fiend's Grip.
- interrupts Fiend's Grip if Pudge is not targetted.
- Pudge's high health and health regeneration let him absorb much of Bane's nukes.
- Luna's can be used to disable Bane while he is channeling Fiend's Grip.
- Luna's will often be able to kill Bane before he can even act.
- Fiend's Grip is a powerful channeled ability, making it easy and useful to and interrupt with .
- Stolen Fiend's Grip or Nightmare combined with allows Rubick to disable Bane's allies for a long amount of time.
- As a natural carrier, Rubick can steal an upgraded Brain Sap and deal lots of damage to Bane's team.
- can dispel Enfeeble, as well as Nightmare and Fiend's Grip if timed well.
- protects Slark from Bane's single-target-only abilities.
- Heroes with illusions and summons can swarm Bane, who has no area abilities: , , , ,
- Heroes with dispels can dispel Bane's disables from their allies: , ,
- Heroes with hiding abilities can protect disabled allies: , , , with
- Abilities with disables that can cancel the channelling of Fiend's Grip: , , , , .
- blocks any of Bane's abilities, which are all single-target.
- can disable the channelling of Fiend's Grip even through spell immunity.
- blocks everything but Fiend's Grip and Brain Sap with .
- returns all Bane's single target abilities, and can heavily disable him.
- If Bane is outside , he can use Nightmare or Fiend's Grip to cripple Faceless Void inside.
- Nightmare and Fiend's Grip are long duration disables and can render 's mobility very unreliable.
- Bane has powerful single-target abilities that can help his allies win
s, or at least cripple Legion Commander for the duration.
- Nightmare can waste Duel's entire duration as the dueled units transfer the Nightmare back and forth. This may be prevented if a non-Dueling unit attacks the Nightmared Dueler.
- Fiend's Grip provides mana drain, which can heavily damage and prevent Medusa from using .
- Even if she does use Stone Gaze, Nightmare can buy enough time to protect allies and reset the fight.
- Nightmare and Fiend's Grip can ground Phantom Assassin, who normally blinks around with , and stop her from outputting damage.
- Phantom Assassin's low health pool early on makes her susceptible to Brain Sap and Fiend's Grip's heavy nuke damage.
- Heroes with spell immunity can still be disabled by Fiend's Grip: , , .
- Low-health, normally mobile carries with a lot of damage are vulnerable to Bane's nukes and disables: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- Heroes that wish to disrupt fights with spell combos or big ultimates are vulnerable to the long stun of Fiend's Grip: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- , , and other mana dependent heroes will have diminished impact on a fight if they survive Fiend's Grip due to its mana steal.
- Channelled spells are interrupted by Fiend's Grip even with spell immunity: , , , , .
Works well with...
- Enfeeble can combine with and to increase their duration, neutralizing and damaging the target even longer.
- allows Bane to use his abilities on two targets at once, doubling his nuking and disabling powers.
- Nightmare and Fiend's Grip render targets helpless for a and combo.
- Nightmare into is a classic combo for near-guaranteed long stuns, allowing for easy ganks.
- The combined nuking power of Fiend's Grip, Brain Sap and can obliterate heroes with low health pools.
- is a pure damage nuke that can be set up using Nightmare and compounded with Brain Sap.
- Nightmare and is a simple combo that can pick off enemy heroes, especially in the early game.
- Enfeeble can make last longer.
- Fiend's Grip is a perfect setup for Skywrath's and combo for insane magic burst damage.
- Heroes with disable abilities combine with Enfeeble to incapacitate targets for longer: , , ,
- Heroes with high damage can help Bane quickly kill the target under Fiend's Grip: , , , , , , ,