- All of Bane's abilities are easy to steal and useful for Rubick:
- Fiend's Grip is channeled ability and ideal target to steal, interrupt (by itself or ) and turn against Bane or his allies.
- Stolen Enfeeble is a great debuff combine with
- Stolen Brain Sap can be even more powerful weapon in Rubick's hands as he is a natural carrier making it strong and very short 1.5 sec cooldown nuke/heal.
- Fiend's Grip is a channeled ability, making it extremely easy for Pudge to hook Bane.
- can dispel Nightmare and even Fiend's Grip if timed perfectly, while protects from all Bane's single-target-only abilities.
- can dispel Fiend's Grip.
- Heroes with illusions and summons can take off Nightmare and swarm Bane who has no area abilities: , , , , , , ,
- Heroes with dispels ( , , etc) can dispel Bane's disables from allies.
- Heroes with defensive abilities ( , , , with ) can save disabled allies.
- Heroes with stuns/silences (especially ranged) can cancel Fiend's Grip: ( , , ).
- Heroes who can globally cancel channeling of Fiend's Grip: ( with , with ).
- blocks any of Bane's abilities.
- returns all abilities to Bane.
- Faceless Void has no abilities to break Nightmare making it possible to waste .
- Nightmare and Fiend's Grip are long duration disables and can make very unreliable.
- Fiend's Grip goes through which can be a massive problem.
- During the laning phase, Nightmare can be used to stop damage temporarily or stop Juggernaut from following up after his spin.
- Nightmare can waste entire duration of if non-dueled units will not transfer it to themselves.
- Enfeeble and Brain Sap can help Bane's allies to win a Duel.
- However, be wary that she can dispel your ultimate using .
- Fiend's Grip provides mana drain which is more effective against and strong disable if activated before .
- Enfeeble reduces Medusa's status resistance, which will make Fiend's Grip drain even more of her mana and disable her longer.
- Nightmare and Fiend's Grip are decent disables against Phantom Assassin.
- Enfeeble reduce Phantom Assassin status resistance making Bane's disable abilities last longer. Fiend's Grip pierces through spell immunity, so it will reduce most of her damages and mobilities in team fights even when she has a .
- Nightmare and Brain Sap allows Bane to heavily harass and set up some early ganks onto Shadow Fiend.
- Fiend's Grip or Brain Sap (via Agahnim's Scepter) enables Bane to completely take Shadow Fiend out of a fight and potentially even kill him, even through .
- Nightmare and Fiend's Grip combined with Enfeeble will disable Troll Warlord for a long time, and Nightmare can save a focused ally.
- Nightmare and Fiend's Grip are long duration disables, can make or are very unreliable.
- Brain Sap (via Agahnim's Scepter) has low cooldown are used to pop his Spell Block.
- Squishy agility carries with a lot of damage, that are vulnerable to stuns: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- Heroes that wish to disrupt fights with spell combos are vulnerable to the long stun on Fiend's Grip: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- , , and other mana dependent heroes will have diminished impact on a fight if they survive Fiend's Grip due to it's mana steal.
Works well with...
- allows Bane to use his abilities on two targets at once, doubling his nuking and disabling powers.
- Nightmare into is a classic combo, especially in the laning stage. Later Fiend's Grip, Brain Sap and multiplies it even more.
- Brain Sap synergies with both being pure damage nukes and heals, especially in the early game.
- Nightmare can be a good setup for as well.
- Enfeeble can combine with and to increase its disable duration, neutralizing the target even longer
- Nightmare and is good combo, especially early game ganks.
- Enfeeble can make last longer
- Nightmare works very well with since Razor can freely steal damage from his target.
- Fiend's Grip is a perfect setup for and followup.
- Nightmare and Fiend's Grip will be a great set up for and
- Heroes with disable abilities combine with Enfeeble: , , ,
- Heroes with high damages can help Bane quickly kill the target under Fiend's Grip: , , , , , , ,