Black King Bar
(Redirected from Avatar)
|Black King Bar|
|A powerful staff imbued with the strength of giants.|
- For strength heroes, it grants 200 health, 1 health regen, 0.8% magic resistance and 34 attack damage.
- For agility heroes, it grants 200 health, 1 health regen, 0.8% magic resistance and 24 attack damage.
- For intelligence heroes, it grants 200 health, 1 health regen, 0.8% magic resistance and 24 attack damage.
- Interrupts the user's channeling spells upon cast.
- During Avatar, the hero cannot be affected by . The buff gets removed immediately.
- Causes the user's model size to increase by 30% for its duration. This has no impact on its collision size.
- The duration of Avatar is bound to the hero. Rebuying Black King Bar does not reset it.
- For more details, including a list of spells which are not blocked, see Spell immunity.
- Black King Bar is, more often than not, a necessary item on almost all carries to prevent the enemy from simply shutting down their damage output with disables.
- Initiators can consider a Black King Bar to guarantee a safe initiation against disable-heavy teams. This is especially the case if they can impact the fight with abilities beyond their initiation ability or by providing further damage.
- Heroes with strong channeling abilities can use a Black King Bar to prevent the enemy from interrupting them.
- (while Relocate is not a channeling ability, it can be cancelled)
- When facing a lot of magical damage or many disables, a Black King Bar alone can provide enough survivability, allowing carry heroes to focus on damage items after having Black King Bar.
- Vice versa, Black King Bar is not effective against physical damage, or spell immunity piercing spells, so other items for survivability should be considered (e.g. armor items against physical damage, or escape items against some spells).
- Black King Bar applies a basic dispel on cast allowing to clear out most negative status debuffs. Instead of casting it hastily to engage at first sight, a reactive activation against a debuff will be more beneficial.