Audio migration in progress. Some responses pages / audio files may have broken file links.
Attributes are the main statistics of all heroes that independently determine most scaling statistics. These attributes are strength, agility, and intelligence. Attributes are gained when a hero levels up, obtains a talent, buys certain items, or uses certain abilities. Illusions benefit from attributes.
Every hero has a primary attribute, which controls their attack damage. Every point in their primary attribute adds 1 point of damage to their attacks. A hero's primary attribute heavily impacts and commonly even defines the hero's role and how they are played. For example, intelligence heroes are typically more dependent on abilities. A hero's primary attribute typically grows faster than the other two attributes.
Strength is a measure of a hero's toughness and endurance. Strength determines a hero's maximum health, health regeneration, and additionally magic resistance. Heroes with strength as their primary attribute can be hard to kill, so they often take initiator and tank roles, initiating fights and taking most of the damage from enemy attacks.
Every point in strength increases:
- Maximum health by 20.
- Health regeneration by 0.1.
- Magic resistance by 0.08%.
For strength heroes, every point in strength also increases attack damage by 1.
Agility is a measure of a hero's swiftness and dexterity. Agility determines a hero's armor, attack speed, and additionally movement speed. Heroes with agility as their primary attribute tend to be more dependent on their physical attacks and items, and are usually capable of falling back on their abilities in a pinch. Agility heroes often take carry and Gank roles.
Every point in agility increases:
- Armor by 0.16.
- Attack speed by 1.
- Movement speed by 0.05%.
For agility heroes, every point in agility also increases attack damage by 1.
Intelligence is a measure of a hero's wit and wisdom. Intelligence determines a hero's maximum mana, mana regeneration, and additionally spell damage amplification. Heroes with intelligence as their primary attribute tend to rely on their abilities to deal damage or help others. Intelligence heroes often take support, gank, and pusher roles.
Every point in intelligence increases:
- Maximum mana by 12.
- Mana regeneration by 0.05.
- Spell damage by 0.07%.
For intelligence heroes, every point in intelligence also increases attack damage by 1.
Items granting attributes
Each attribute has its own set of items that focus on boosting it. These items are different for each attribute. In order to categorize them, they're split into 5 different sections:
- Small Items boost their associated attribute by 3, or all attributes by 1. These items are usually taken as starting items to make up for gaps in a hero's statistics.
- Medium Items boost their associated attribute by 6, or all attributes by 2. Though generally not taken to increase attributes, these items are usually components of many midrange items.
- Large Items boost their associated attribute by 10, or all attributes by 4. These items are usually components in more powerful items, and almost never bought just for the stats.
- Ultimate Items boost their associated attribute by 25, or all attributes by 10. These are mostly used to make late game items because of how expensive they are and how cost-ineffective they are per point of stats.
- Besides the items in the table, is another basic item that grants attributes. All other items that grant attributes are upgrades, and are all derived from one or multiple of the 16 items listed below.
|All Attributes||Iron Branch
+1 All Attributes
+2 All Attributes
+4 All Attributes
+10 All Attributes
|Strength||Gauntlets of Strength
|Belt of Strength
|Agility||Slippers of Agility
|Band of Elvenskin
|Blade of Alacrity
|Intelligence||Mantle of Intelligence
|Robe of the Magi
|Staff of Wizardry
Talents granting attributes
Several heroes have talents which directly grant them a boost on one or more attributes. There are talents for each of the 3 attributes, and talents for all attributes together. There are no talents for 2 out of 3 attributes, but a hero may have two separate talents for different attributes, which are usually provided as a choice on the same level, so the player may decide between one of them.
|Bonus||Level 10||Level 15||Level 20||Level 25|
Abilities and items modifying attributes
- Strength Bonus: 25
While toggled on, grants strength to the owning hero. The strength is granted gradually over a short duration upon toggling on, and is instantly removed upon toggling off.
- Radius: 1200
Primary Attribute Bonus: 6/12/18/24
Passively grants nearby allied heroes a bonus to their primary attribute, including to the hero with this ability.
- Shift Rate: 1/0.25/0.1/0.04
Strength Turned into Agility per Shift: 1
Passive Agility Bonus: 1/3/5/7
Passively grants agility to the hero with this ability. When toggled on, shifts 1/4/10/25 of the caster's strength into agility per second until toggled off.
- Shift Rate: 1/0.25/0.1/0.04
Agility Turned into Strength per Shift: 1
Passive Strength Bonus: 1/3/5/7
Passively grants strength to the hero with this ability. When toggled on, shifts 1/4/10/25 of the caster's agility into strength per second until toggled off.
- Agility Bonus: 11/22/33/44
Temporarily grants the triggering unit agility upon successfully attacking the rush target.
- Selected Attribute Bonus: 10
Passively grants the owner of the item a bonus to the current selected attribute. Can be cast to switch the bonus from strength to intelligence, from intelligence to agility, or from agility to strength.
- Target All Attributes Loss per Attack: 1
Slark Agility Bonus per Attack: 3
Duration: 15/30/60/100 ( 95/110/140/180)
Temporarily steals strength, agility, and intelligence, removing them from the attacked enemy hero, converting them into agility and granting them to the attacking hero with this ability. The debuff of multiple attacks stacks. When a debuffed enemy hero dies within range, or is killed by the hero with this ability, they permanently steal agility from the enemy hero.
Abilities modified by attributes
- Strength as Damage: 100%/200%/300%
The damage of Stampede is entirely based on the caster's strength.
- Primary Attribute as Bonus Damage: 200%
Ether Blast's damage consists of a flat amount, plus a percentage of the caster's primary attribute.
- Strength as Max Health Regen Bonus: 25%/45%/65%/85%
The health regeneration is based on the strength of the hero with this ability.
- Min Bonus Damage Agility Multiplier: 0.5
Max Bonus Damage Agility Multiplier: 1/1.5/2/2.5
The damage is based on the caster's agility to strength ratio, plus a fixed amount. The minimum multiplier is used when the caster's strength is 50% higher than their agility, and the maximum when agility is 50% higher than strength.
- Min Knockback Distance: 100
Max Knockback Distance: 500
Min Stun Duration: 0.5
Max Stun Duration: 1.5/2/2.5/3
The stun duration and knockback distance are based on the caster's strength to agility ratio. The minimum duration and distance are used when the caster's agility is 50% higher than their strength, and the maximum when strength is 50% higher than agility.
- Mana Burned per Intelligence: 350%/400%/450%/500%
The amount of burned mana is entirely based on the target's intelligence.
- Strength as Bonus Damage: 30%/60%/90%
Strength as Bonus Heal: 30%/60%/90%
Dismember's damage and self-heal consist of a flat amount, plus a percentage of the caster's strength.
- Intelligence as Bonus Damage: 160%
Arcane Bolt's damage consists of a flat amount, plus a percentage of the caster's intelligence.
- Strength as Shield Capacity Bonus: 100%/150%/200%/250%
Warcry's shield capacity consists of a flat amount, plus a percentage of the caster's strength.