|is a carry that can nuke enemies early and then split push to end the game. His health, armor, and mana early on are fairly low, but they still give him enough to last in lane and nuke foes with his combo. With , he can slow enemies and do damage-over-time, although the effect is prevented if the target is near any allies. is a useful spell for pushing or defending, as it gives 100% evasion from attacks outside the field, as well as applying a bonus to attack speed. is a magical nuke that takes time to materialize. creates a replica of Arc Warden, with the same items and attributes he has. His health and mana grow to respectable degrees later on, but his agility still suffers. Throughout the game, he suffers from having no mobility spells, needs to focus on micromanagement, and abilities dealing poor damage against multiple enemies. Nonetheless, the opponents will find a farmed Arc Warden a dangerous foe.|
- Arc Warden either goes safe lane or mid to farm up . When faced against a lone enemy, use Flux and Spark Wraith to nuke them down, combined with Tempest Double for doubling of nuking power to dominate the lane. When the enemies send two heroes, ask for support and focus more on trying to get Hand of Midas up as soon as you can, as his abilities do not work well against multiple enemies. Later on, helps you farm incredibly fast, and allows you to traverse the map for farming, fighting, and split pushing.
- Against heroes with summons, Arc Warden may want to invest in Magnetic Field instead of Flux. He will need mana to farm lanes and neutrals with the bonus attack speed from Magnetic Field.
|Mid Arc Warden|
|+100 Attack Range||20||-1.5sCooldown|
|+325Cast Range||15||+250 Health|
|+30 Attack Speed||10||6% Cooldown Reduction|
Tips & Tactics
- Arc Warden is squishy early on with no escape tools. Ask the supports to help and rotate to your lane as needed. Also ask them for vision to spot incoming ganks.
- Arc Warden's abilities are strongest in a 1v1 situation. As such, mid Arc Warden dominates many other heroes to gain a gold advantage.
- Always consider . Arc Warden wants it to farm as he has no way to farm in his abilities, but he absolutely needs items. He also gains the most benefit out of it because his Tempest Double can use Hand of Midas with the gold and experience going to the main Arc Warden.
- Tempest Double cannot copy consumables like , , , and .
- Arc Warden can have unlimited uses of
if at least one charge is kept on the main Arc Warden, then only used on the Tempest Double.
- However, the Tempest Double’s duration is independent from Arc Warden’s so the above trick does not apply here.
- Items that place buffs or debuffs can have their duration doubled if timed right, as well as perhaps correcting any mistakes the main Arc Warden has made (such as targeting the wrong unit).
- Items that place buffs on allies, such as and , can be used on the main Arc Warden or an ally for increased protection.
- The Double can use teleport items such as or . This means while the main Arc Warden is somewhere else, farming, pushing or defending, the Double can be on the opposite side of the map contributing to a gank or farm the enemy jungle.
with the Double grants the player the gold and 1.85x experience. The Double maintains the cooldown while it is unsummoned. This means that the double will not be able to use the item with every summon and Arc Warden must time the Double's summon to get the full benefits of the extra Midas.
- One on the hero results in 106.7 gold per minute increase if used whenever it is off cooldown. The Tempest Double can also use Hand of Midas on its own, doubling the the gold per minute gain for a total of 213.3.
- Use the Double to farm or stack neutral camps if it has nothing else to do with its remaining duration for more efficiency and to gain more gold and experience.
- Do not allow an enemy to steal Tempest Double, since the ability fully works for Rubick, except for using via the Tempest Double.
- The ability only slows and damages if there are no enemy heroes, creeps, or jungle creeps within 225 range.
- If cast on an enemy near a tower or ward, they are still slowed and damaged.
- Flux is helpful in the early game to punish aggressive tower dives from the enemies, so always carry a to react.
- Upon casting, the enemy always takes one damage instance, no matter if they're near another hero.
- Applying Flux on an enemy first before summoning a Spark Wraith can make hitting the enemy with it easier.
- Magnetic Field fully affects buildings, so use it to deter a push.
- If enemies enter the Magnetic Field, they overcome the evasion, but Arc Warden and allies still keep the attack speed.
- Use Magnetic Field during teamfights on as many allies as possible mainly for the attack speed bonus.
- Magnetic Field can save allies from dying against ranged attacks.
- Magnetic Field may force enemy ranged heroes to get near to attack.
- Use Magnetic Field's evasion to dive enemy towers without taking damage.
- Magnetic Field does not work on creeps. It works only on Heroes, Illusions, creep heroes, and buildings.
- Spark Wraith gives 300 vision at its area. Along with long cast range, Arc Warden can place Spark Wraith safely to scout enemies.
- Spark Wraith hits invisible units or those in fog, alarming you of enemy movement.
- Enemies can see the Spark Wraith, so try to place it at chokepoints to deter enemy movement.
- Use Spark Wraith at rune spots to discourage enemies from grabbing the runes.
- Spark Wraith can only hit one enemy at a time. It always hits the closet enemy to the Wraith itself within the radius, including creeps.
- Use Spark Wraith to stack multiple creep camps from a distance if timed right.
- Spark Wraith's cast range is even higher than most blink distances, possibly catching enemies with escape abilities.
- Due to Spark Wraith's activation delay, try to place it ahead of the enemy's path when chasing, forcing them to either choose another, possibly more dangerous, path, or takes the damage and slow.
- Spark Wraith's low cooldown facilitates repetition of this tactic.
- Place Spark Wraith in front of oneself when escaping from enemies.
- The Tempest Double essentially acts like a temporary version of a Meepo clone. The main differences include:
- Tempest Double uses the current stats of Arc Warden, benefits from both stats and things like that just add flat amounts. It only takes 100% damage as well.
- Deals 100% of Arc Warden's current damage including damage from items such as , and also gains the permanent buff from a consumed .
- Can use abilities and items. They have their own, separate cooldowns on the Double.
- A few items, however, are not completely usable by the Double. These include:
- is always on cooldown for the Double.
- are not duplicated by the Double.
- is not copied to the Double at all.
- is usable by the Double. However, any units dominated by Arc Warden or his Double are lost when the Double is resummoned.
- Consumables, such as , , , , , and , are not copied to the Tempest Double at all.
- A few items, however, are not completely usable by the Double. These include:
- Tempest Double benefits from both buffs of Magnetic Field.
- Use with the Double selected to split push. When you move the Double into a lane, force attack (default button: A) the end of the lane and the Double will attack every creep, hero, and tower that comes its way.
- The Tempest Double is not an illusion, therefore it does not take bonus damage from , nor is it killed by or .
- The Tempest Double can break of the enemies.
- After a successful Flux from the main hero, use Tempest Double and apply Flux again since they stack.
- Follow with Spark Wraith and physical attacks to finish off the crawling foe.
- You can keep track of the Tempest Double's item cooldowns by selecting its icon on the top left corner of the screen.
You can use it with bottle , since it creates a rune in front of you
- gives Arc Warden sustain in lane.
- gives a bit of damage and can be a lifesaver.
- restores large amount of health in the early game.
- provides attribute bonuses and build into Magic Wand.
- gives agility for Arc Warden to last hit early on and can later be built into a .
- can be an alternative starting item if playing against casters.
- improves Arc Warden's mediocre movement speed and gives him some form of escape from enemies.
- restores some health and mana, allowing Arc Warden to use his abilities and escape items like .
- accelerates Arc Warden farming game. Keep track of its cooldown on Tempest Double to know when optimal times to use it are.
- grants intelligence so Arc Warden can keep using abilities. The item also boosts his damage output with bonus agility and attack speed.
- gives Arc Warden map wide presence for fighting, pushing, and farming.
- improves Arc Warden's farming and pushing and later upgrades to .
- provides useful attributes for a highly cost effective price and the increased range allows Arc Warden to easily achieve good positioning to space himself from enemies from inside his Magnetic Field.
- buffs both yours and your Tempest Double's attack speed as well as punishing enemies who attack either.
- lets Arc Warden stay in the back with the increased attack range, and gives him an escape that, if used by Tempest Double as well, can effectively double the distance traveled.
- silence also prevents much of retaliation from enemies. boosts mana regeneration as well as damage output with attack speed, attack damage, critical strike, and True Strike. The
- mute enemies so they cannot use defensive items like , coupling with Bloodthorn's silence to completely shut down targets. allows Arc Warden to
- allows offensive Arc Warden and Tempest Double to approach enemy targets and unleash their abilities and items; works better in the late game when Arc Warden has high damage output and impactful items.
- break, ruining enemy passive abilities. provides attack speed and attack damage, as well as invisibility for Arc Warden to escape or initiate on enemies. It can upgrade to to apply
- grants Arc Warden a slow, allowing him to keep enemies within attack range; it also improves Arc Warden's damage output with Manabreak and agility.
- hex as well, doubling the disabling duration. boosts Arc Warden's mana and mana regeneration to use abilities liberally. The Tempest Double can use
- counters most disables so Arc Warden can attack and use items. It can also be used to send in the double in fights and staying back in safety with the main Arc Warden. The Double can use Avatar, but its duration is independent of the main Arc Warden's Black King Bar.
- turns Arc Warden into a heavy hitter. His primary attribute is agility, so he benefits a lot from its attributes. The Tempest Double has no attack damage penalties like most illusions do, since it is not an illusion, so it can greatly increase Arc Warden's overall damage output. Arc Warden's two damaging spells deal both magical damage and do not scale. A Butterfly helps him keep on doing damage to the enemy in the late game. The attack damage he gets from the item is also great for pushing and synergizes very well with Magnetic Field.
- critical strikes more effective. can be good on Arc Warden for the same reason why Butterfly can be: it turns him into a strong hitter in the later phases of the game. Although Daedalus is chance based, Arc Warden can still constantly deliver crits thanks to the enormous attack speed boost provided by Magnetic Field. Butterfly should be acquired before a Daedalus, to first get some attack damage and more speed first, to make
- evasion or high armor. Thanks to its high chance to deal bonus damage to an enemy with its passive, it can even take down a high armor enemy when attacking it with the Double as well, due to the amount of magical damage procs from two heroes attacking it with Monkey King Bar. is a great alternative to Daedalus when dealing with
- is a great item for pushes, as Arc Warden can have four illusions thanks to the Double. Just like with Necronomicon, the double's and the original's Manta Style are independent from and do not replace each other. The illusions also benefit from Magnetic Field, making them more resistance against physical attacks and speeding up their attack speed.
- regenerates mana to fuel Arc Warden's abilities. Furthermore, the Tempest Double can use this item, giving two sets of summons, helping with farming, ganking, and pushing.
- Can be useful on late game especially facing right click heroes work very well with spark wraith talent .