- Anti-Mage has higher mobility from , allowing him to deal with the Tempest Double while it is split-pushing.
- Arc Warden has an above-average mana pool but little mana regeneration, which Anti-Mage can take advantage of with and .
- reduces the effectiveness of Arc Warden's spells.
- Arc Warden tends to build . With , Anti-Mage can easily deal with the Necronomicon's summons.
- Magnetic Field is useless against melee heroes.
- Manta Style, a common item on Anti-Mage, dispels Flux.
- Axe is a melee hero, and is unaffected by Magnetic Field's evasion bonus.
- Arc Warden's relatively high attack speed with his Tempest Double will often trigger .
- activates frequently while he escapes from Arc Warden's Necronomicon army.
- Arc Warden has little armor and mobility, which makes him an easy target to apply and stacks.
- Flux is useless against Meepo, who usually has a fellow Meepo nearby with .
- Without Black King Bar, Earthbind and Poof finish Arc Warden quickly before he has time to do much.
- Magnetic Field's evasion is not effective against melee heroes.
- stops him from using any of his abilities.
- Her illusions can push better than Arc Warden's Tempest Double because has a longer duration.
- dispels Flux, and the illusions stop Flux from working.
- prevents Arc Warden from initiating or helping his team.
- With Arc Warden's low mobility, is wide enough to deal decent damage to him.
- dispels Flux.
- Phantom Lancer can enter Magnetic Field quickly with .
- Chaos Knight can dispel Flux with .
- Chaos Knight can use to pull Arc Warden out of Magnetic Field.
- Heroes with summons or illusions to counter Flux: , , .
- , , and such with a good escape mechanism are a nuisance to deal with in the early-game.
- shoves Arc Warden or his allies out of Magnetic Field.
- makes magical Arc Warden useless (Note that he could still have a build with heavy physical damage, making Black King Bar useless later on).
- can burn Arc Warden's and his Tempest Double's mana, preventing him from using spells and items.
- reflects all of Arc Warden's item usages back onto himself.
- allowes enemies to attack Arc Warden through Magnetic Field.
- can dispel Flux.
- If Arc Warden builds he can reveal Mirana's team while is active.
- A upgraded by can accidentally kill a Necronomicon Warrior, which can lead to her death if she hasn't built a .
- Arc Warden can use his summons to prevent from hitting himself or his allies.
- Mirana doesn't build items that give armor often, so she usually can't fight against a late game Arc Warden.
- Arc Warden’s Magnetic Field allows him to defend against Terrorblade if he used .
- Arc also buys a or a , which can prevent Terrorblade from using his abilities.
- Tempest Double, Magnetic Field's attack speed bonus, and Arc Warden's high attack range will easily destroy a Phoenix using much faster than usual.
- Phoenix is very weak against pushers, especially those like Arc Warden who can kill him easily, as his skillset works best in teamfights.
- Magnetic Field's evasion completely negates Sniper's attacks unless he has True Strike.
- Sniper always positions himself far away from battles, which makes him especially vulnerable for Flux and Spark Wraith.
- Flux wastes Templar Assassin's unless she has a or a .
- Spark Wraith can be used to bully a Templar Assassin that used .
- Magnetic Field protects Arc Warden and allies from Drow Ranger's ranged attacks. She most likely will not enter the field since she will lose 's bonus agility.
- Magnetic Field makes miss; if Enchantress decides to enter the field, she is giving up bonus damage since Impetus deals greater damage at higher distance away from targets.
- Ranged heroes will have a hard time hitting enemies inside Magnetic Field: , .
Works well with...
- Flux and also have some synergy. Spark Wraith also applies a 100% slow, in case Flux is muted by allies or neutrals.
- does somewhat buff the heavy magic damage coming from Spark Wraiths and Flux. Two fluxes cast by both clones do stack, increasing the damage.
- A global can certainly help any hero with pick-off potential, like Arc Warden.
- Arc Warden has double benefit from . It also has high pushing potential together with Magnetic Field.
- Ranged heroes who will benefit greatly from the attack speed given by Magnetic Field, such as or