We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
From Dota 2 Wiki
|Hero||Strategy||Counters||Equipment||Gear||Responses||Sounds||Lore||Old Abilities||Changelogs||Known Bugs|
- Anti-Mage has higher mobility from Blink, allowing him to deal with the Tempest Double while it is split-pushing.
- Arc Warden has an above-average mana pool but little mana regeneration, which Anti-Mage can take advantage of with Mana Break and Mana Void.
- Arc Warden tends to build Necronomicon. With Battle Fury, Anti-Mage can easily deal with the Necronomicon's summons, and Anti-Mage will take minimal damage from Last Will due to Spell Shield.
- Magnetic Field is useless against melee heroes. So Anti-Mage still can attack without miss.
- Manta Style cancels Flux.
- Bristleback works frequently while he escapes from a Necronomicon army of Arc Warden.
- Arc Warden has little armor, and has very low mobility each of which making arc warden very susceptiable to the damage from quill spray and stacks of nasal goo.
- Flux is useless against Meepo who always has a fellow Meepo nearby with Divided We Stand.
- Without Black King Bar, Earthbind and Poof finish Arc Warden before he has time to react.
- Magnetic Field's evasion is not effective against melee heroes.
- Meepo has high magical resistance so he can Poof on top of spark Wraith's or Arc Warden's Necronomicon warrior units without too much risk.
- Song of Siren stops him from acting and her illusions can push better than him because Mirror Image has longer duration.
- Arc Warden does not often build radiance which useful for illusion and counter illusion pushes.
- Mirror Image purges Flux or prevents Flux's slow.
- Smoke Screen prevents Arc Warden from initiating or helping his team.
- With Arc Warden's low mobility, Tricks of the Trade is wide enough to deal decent damage to him.
- However, if Arc Warden buys Necronomicon(s) he may reveal Riki without spending gold on Sentry Wards, Dust of appearance or a Gem of True Sight.
- Diffusal Blade drains Arc Warden mana fast, meaning the lockdown that arc warden will offer later on will be null and void if Arc Warden doesn't have a Mjollnir active available.
- Doppelganger purges Flux.
- Chaos Knight is literally Arc Warden's absolute nightmare. First, Flux can be negated since Nessaj usually builds Manta Style.
- Magnetic Field cannot save Arc Warden from Chaos Knight. Since Chaos Knight is a melee hero, he can easily enter the field, negating the evasion. Another way is that, Chaos Knight can use Reality Rift to pull him out from Magnetic Field, rendering Arc Warden helpless.
- Chaos Knight is also tanky mid to late game, since he will almost always build Black King Bar and Heart of Tarrasque, so Spark Wraith is like a tickle to him.
- Finally, Phantasm can make a short work of Arc Warden, since his illusions deal 100% damage. Combined with Rift and a lucky 4 second stun from Chaos Bolt, and also critical from Chaos Strike, Arc Warden is pretty much dead meat in the face of Chaos Knight's armies.
- Force Staff shoves Arc Warden or his allies out of Magnetic Field.
- Black King Bar makes magical Arc Warden useless (Note that he can still build into heavy physical damage, making Black King Bar useless later on).
- Diffusal Blade can burn Arc Warden's and his Tempest Double's mana preventing him from using spells and items.
- Lotus Orb reflects all of Arc Warden's item usages back onto himself.
- Monkey King Bar allowes enemies to attack Arc Warden through Magnetic Field.
Good against...Sand King
- Spark Wraith can scare Sand King from continuing to channel Sand Storm because it will hit invisible units.
- If Arc Warden builds Necronomicon 3, Bounty Hunter can be revealed from invisibility as well as doing high amounts of damage to Bounty Hunter's low base HP pool.
- Bounty hunter often roams alone, meaning he will take the full effect from Flux, making it easy to land a Spark Wraith. And due to Bounty Hunter's low HP pool this is often enough to kill him.
- Tempest Double can break a Chain Frost combo.
- If Arc Warden builds Necronomicon, the Necronomicon Warrior will reflect damage back to Lich with its Last Will.
- Tinker struggles to fight both Arc Warden and his double later in the game due to the two sources of lockdown.
- Arc Warden could build Blade Mail and reflect March of the Machines, with Tempest Double and himself.
- Last Will from Necronomicon Warrior is good pair with Blade Mail to kill Tinker without attacking, but make sure that Tinker doesn't have Black King Bar or Eul's Scepter of Divinity to negate the damage.
- Ancient Apparition often travels alone to get a good Ice Blast and has very few defences against summons, like your Tempest double or Necronomicon, making him a juicy target.
- Flux is very effective against heroes traveling alone.
- The high split-push potential of Arc Warden can punish Ancient Apparition very heavily, since he is not built to push waves or defend against summons.
- Necronomicon 3 reveals a Melded Templar Assassin.
- Flux wastes Templar Assassin's Refraction until she has Black King Bar or Manta Style.
- Spark Wraith can be used to bully a Templar Assassin that used Meld.
- If Arc Warden builds Necronomicon 3 he can reveal Mirana's team while Moonlight Shadow is active.
- Mirana's Aghanim's Scepter upgraded Starstorm can accidentally kill a Necronomicon Warrior which can lead to her death if she hasn't built a Black King Bar.
- Arc Warden can use his summon to prevents Sacred Arrow to himself or his allies.
- Mirana often doesn't build armor items so usually can't stand against a late game Arc Warden.
- Tempest Double, Magnetic Field's attack speed bonus, and Arc Warden's high attack range kill Supernova much faster than usual.
- Phoenix is very weak against pushers, especially those like Arc Warden who can kill him easily, as his skillset works best in teamfights.
- Ranged heroes will have a hard time hitting Magnetic Field: Silencer, Viper,...
- Crystal Maiden is same as Sand King when it comes to Spark Wraith forcing them to move out of channel.
- Nyx Assassin is another solo hero who is single target focused. His Vendetta is maybe useful for surprising Arc Warden, but if Arc Warden builds Necronomicon 3rd Level, Nyx Assassin can be caught off guard from the True Sight. Also with Necronomicon since Spiked Carapace stuns back from each source. Arc Warden can't die from Nyx Assassin's Spiked Carapace.
Works well with...Ancient Apparition
- Putting Chilling Touch on Arc Warden and his double is very effective early-game. Works well with Magnetic Field.
- Flux and Cold Feet also have some synergy. Spark Wraith also applies a 100% slow, in case Flux is muted by allies or neutrals.
- Ice Vortex does somewhat buff the heavy magic damage coming from Spark Wraiths and Flux. Two fluxes cast by both clones do stack, increasing the damage.
- A global Ice Blast can certainly help any hero with pick-off potential, like Arc Warden.
- Arc Warden has double the benefit from Drow Rangers Precision Aura, giving him a huge boost of damage.
- There is high pushing potential with Magnetic Field and Precision Aura.
- Berserker's Blood's magic resistance bonus and Magnetic Field's evasion shield Huskar's against both magic damage and physical attacks.
- Magnetic Field's attack speed bonus helps Huskar dominate enemies.
- Sacred Arrow can hold someone still while Arc Warden nukes them down.
- Fortune's End can be used to hold a hero in place for a long period of time, allowing a spark wraith to form and land every time.
- Flux can help Pudge land his Meat Hook.
- Spark Wraith traps can be laid down where Pudge can hook unsuspecting enemies to, much like the combination of Techies and Pudge.
- Note: The same mechanic can be abused by many other heroes besides Pudge, he is just a very common example.
- Tempest Double can help Terrorblade push a lane while the actual Arc Warden is in a different place.
- High pushing potential with Magnetic Field and Metamorphosis, note that Magnetic Field does not work on illusions.
- Any Disable or Nuker Carry heroes - Sven - Slark - Lina - Wraith King - Phantom Assassin (Even in game she isn't both type but her dagger it's kind of disable)