- Anti-Mage has higher mobility from , allowing him to deal with the Tempest Double while it is split-pushing.
- Arc Warden has an above-average mana pool but little mana regeneration, which Anti-Mage can take advantage of with and .
- Arc Warden tends to build . With , Anti-Mage can easily deal with the Necronomicon's summons.
- Magnetic Field is useless against melee heroes. So Anti-Mage still can attack without miss.
- Manta Style dispels Flux.
- Axe is one of melee heroes who can fight inside the Magnetic Field under the effect of
- Arc Warden's relatively high attack speed including a Tempest Double clone will often trigger .
- works frequently while he escapes from a Necronomicon army of Arc Warden.
- Arc Warden has little armor and mobility, making him an easy target to and stacks.
- Flux is useless against Meepo who always has a fellow Meepo nearby with Divided We Stand.
- Without Black King Bar, Earthbind and Poof finish Arc Warden before he has time to react.
- Magnetic Field's evasion is not effective against melee heroes.
- stops him from acting and her illusions can push better than him because has longer duration.
- dispels Flux, and the illusions stop Flux from working.
- prevents Arc Warden from initiating or helping his team.
- With Arc Warden's low mobility, is wide enough to deal decent damage to him.
- dispels Flux.
- Phantom Lancer can enter Magnetic Field quickly with .
- Chaos Knight can dispel Flux with .
- Chaos Knight can use to pull Arc Warden out of Magnetic Field.
- Heroes with summons or illusions to counter Flux: , ,
- , , and such with a good escape mechanism are a nuisance to deal with in the early-game.
- shoves Arc Warden or his allies out of Magnetic Field.
- makes magical Arc Warden useless (Note that he could still build into heavy physical damage, making Black King Bar useless later on).
- can burn Arc Warden's and his Tempest Double's mana preventing him from using spells and items.
- reflects all of Arc Warden's item usages back onto himself.
- allowes enemies to attack Arc Warden through Magnetic Field.
- can dispel Flux.
- If Arc Warden builds he can reveal Mirana's team while is active.
- Mirana's upgraded can accidentally kill a Necronomicon Warrior which can lead to her death if she hasn't built a .
- Arc Warden can use his summon to prevents to himself or his allies.
- Mirana often doesn't build armor items so usually can't stand against a late game Arc Warden.
- Arc Warden’s Magnetic Field allows him to def against Terrorblade, and to attack him without being punished , because Terrorblade tends to fight in ranged form .
- Arc also buys Bloodthorn or Hex quite often , which prevents Terrorblade from using Sunder.
- Tempest Double, Magnetic Field's attack speed bonus, and Arc Warden's high attack range kill much faster than usual.
- Phoenix is very weak against pushers, especially those like Arc Warden who can kill him easily, as his skillset works best in teamfights.
- Spark Wraith can scare Sand King from continuing to channel because it will hit invisible units.
- Magnetic Field's evasion completely negates Sniper's attacks until he has True Strike.
- Sniper always positions himself far away from battles which make him especially vulnerable for Flux and Spark Wraith nukes.
- Flux wastes Templar Assassin's until she has or .
- Spark Wraith can be used to bully a Templar Assassin that used .
- Magnetic Field protects Arc Warden and allies from Drow Ranger's ranged attacks. She most likely will not enter the field since she will lose bonus agility.
- Magnetic Field makes miss; if Enchantress decides to enter the field, she is giving up bonus damage since Impetus deals greater damage at higher distance away from targets.
- Ranged heroes will have a hard time hitting Magnetic Field: ,
Works well with...
- Flux and also have some synergy. Spark Wraith also applies a 100% slow, in case Flux is muted by allies or neutrals.
- does somewhat buff the heavy magic damage coming from Spark Wraiths and Flux. Two fluxes cast by both clones do stack, increasing the damage.
- A global can certainly help any hero with pick-off potential, like Arc Warden.
- Arc Warden has double benefit from . It also has high pushing potential together with Magnetic Field.
- Ranged heroes who will benefit greatly from the attack speed given by Magnetic Field, such as or