- Arc Warden's high reliance on casting spells leads him to be dependent on mana, which Anti-Mage can easily burn with .
- mitigates the threat of Flux slow and allows Anti-Mage to close the distance between himself and Arc Warden.
- Anti-Mage's ability to farm quickly allows him keep up with Arc Warden's farm while also de-pushing the lanes Arc Warden shoves in with Tempest Double.
- significantly reduces the effectiveness of Arc Warden's magic damage.
- Magnetic Field doesn't provide a protection against and and his high attack speed together with Tempest Double will often trigger Counter Helix.
- activates frequently while he escapes from Arc Warden's Necronomicon army.
- Arc Warden has little armor and mobility, which makes him an easy target to apply and stacks.
- Chaos Knight can dispel Flux with .
- Chaos Knight can use to pull Arc Warden out of Magnetic Field.
- Once Chaos Knight jumps on Arc Warden with , Arc Warden struggles to escape due to low mobility.
- Flux is severely impaired against Meepo because of .
- Meepo's farming speed and early powerspikes allows him to pressure Arc Warden before he is capable of fighting effectively.
- Without , and can finish Arc Warden quickly before he has time to do much.
- Her illusions can push better than Arc Warden's Tempest Double because has a longer duration.
- dispels Flux, and the illusions stop Flux from working.
- prevents Arc Warden from initiating or helping his team, as he struggles to escape the silence with low mobility.
- With Arc Warden's low mobility, is wide enough to deal decent damage to him.
- dispels Flux.
- closes the distance between Phantom Lancer and Arc Warden.
- overwhelms Arc Warden and nullifies his kit which is only effective against isolated opponents.
- Heroes with summons or illusions to counter Flux, such as , , or .
- , , and such with a good escape mechanism are a nuisance to deal with in the early-game.
- Heroes that have strong powerspikes early into the game can shut down the Arc Warden before he can fight, such as or .
- shoves Arc Warden or his allies out of Magnetic Field.
- makes magical Arc Warden useless (Note that he could still have a build with heavy physical damage, making Black King Bar useless later on).
- can burn Arc Warden's and his Tempest Double's mana, preventing him from using spells and items.
- reflects all of Arc Warden's item usages back onto himself.
- allows enemies to attack Arc Warden through Magnetic Field.
- can dispel Flux.
- Magnetic Field prevents Legion Commander from getting wins with .
- If Arc Warden builds he can reveal Mirana's team while is active.
- A upgraded by can accidentally kill a Necronomicon Warrior, which can lead to her death if she hasn't built a .
- Arc Warden can use his summons to prevent from hitting himself or his allies.
- Mirana doesn't build items that give armor often, so she usually can't fight against a late game Arc Warden.
- Arc Warden’s Magnetic Field allows him to defend against Terrorblade if he used .
- Arc also buys a or a , which can prevent Terrorblade from using his abilities.
- Tempest Double, Magnetic Field's attack speed bonus, and Arc Warden's high attack range will easily destroy a Phoenix using much faster than usual.
- Phoenix is very weak against pushers, especially those like Arc Warden who can kill him easily, as his skillset works best in teamfights.
- Magnetic Field's evasion completely negates Sniper's attacks unless he has True Strike.
- Sniper always positions himself far away from battles, which makes him especially vulnerable for Flux and Spark Wraith.
- Flux wastes Templar Assassin's unless she has a or a .
- Spark Wraith can be used to bully a Templar Assassin that used .
- Magnetic Field protects Arc Warden and allies from Drow Ranger's ranged attacks. She most likely will not enter the field since she will lose 's bonus agility.
- Magnetic Field makes miss; if Enchantress decides to enter the field, she is giving up bonus damage since Impetus deals greater damage at higher distance away from targets.
- Ranged heroes will have a hard time hitting enemies inside Magnetic Field: , .
Works well with...
- Flux and also have some synergy. Spark Wraith also applies a 100% slow, in case Flux is muted by allies or neutrals.
- does somewhat buff the heavy magic damage coming from Spark Wraiths and Flux. Two fluxes cast by both clones do stack, increasing the damage.
- A global can certainly help any hero with pick-off potential, like Arc Warden.
- Ranged heroes who will benefit greatly from the attack speed given by Magnetic Field, such as or