|Hero||Strategy||Counters||Equipment||Gear||Responses||Sounds||Lore||Old Abilities||Changelogs||Known Bugs|
Zet, the Arc Warden, is a ranged agility hero that requires micromanagement and farm to spiral out of control. In the early stages of the game, it is a very powerful nuker. Its first ability, Flux, allows Arc Warden to cripple an enemy down and deal large amounts of damage. It and other allied heroes or buildings can be protected from physical attacks with its second ability Magnetic Field, while gaining swift attack speed. Similar to Techies' Land Mines, Arc Warden's third ability, Spark Wraith, allows it to place wraiths that attack when an enemy goes near them, potentially dealing large amounts of magical damage. Finally, thanks to its ultimate, Tempest Double, which allows it to make a perfect copy of itself that can use all of Arc Warden's spells and item abilities, it can spam all of its other abilities and most items twice and easily take down fragile heroes in the early game, or keep itself or its team doubly sustained through certain buffing or healing items. This makes Arc Warden very powerful in both early and late game if given enough farm, from magical nuker to physical carry, or if the time calls it, a very potent support.
|Zet, the Arc Warden|
|Play "It is not to aid the Ancients that this war is joined, but to destroy them both. This disunity must end."|
|Role:||Carry / Escape / Nuker|
|Lore:|| Before the beginning of all, there existed a presence: a primordial mind, infinite, awesome, and set to inscrutable purpose. As the universe thundered into being, this mind was fragmented and scattered. Two among its greater fragments--who would come to be named Radiant and Dire--found themselves locked in vicious opposition, and began twisting all of creation to serve their conflict.|
As war and cataclysm threatened the nascent cosmos, the will of a third fragment made itself known. Naming itself Zet, this intellect sought to resolve the disharmony and return all to perfect unity. Appalled by its kin's conflicting nature, Zet gathered the sum of its power. In a sudden flash, it overwhelmed its siblings, and fused the warring aspects into a stellar sphere before hurling them into the darkness to orbit a nondescript world. Harmony was restored, though only the barest fraction of Zet's strength remained. Setting its gaze on the prison, Zet chose to use its weakened power to serve as watchful warden until time's end. For uncounted aeons, this vigil stood.
|Voice:||James Kirkland (Responses)|
- If the target has allies or neutral creeps within a 225 radius, the spell temporarily stops slowing and damaging the target, until it is alone again.
- Checks for enemies and neutrals in 0.5 second intervals, beginning instantly upon cast. The slow updates based on the result of the checks.
- Also deals damage in the same intervals, based on the checks, dealing 7.5/15/22.5/30 ( 17.5/25/32.5/40) damage, resulting in 13 possible instances.
- While Flux is muted, the particle effects on the target vanish, with only a red glow remaining on the unit, indicating the debuff is still there.
- Nearby buildings, wards and hidden units are ignored and do not mute the effects. Invulnerable units, however, are not ignored.
- Can deal up to 97.5/195/292.5/390 ( 227.5/325/422.5/520) damage to the target if all instances are applied (before reductions).
- Multiple casts on the same target fully stack, with all instances working independently from each other.
- Choosing the damage upgrading talent does not upgrade any of Arc Warden's currently active Flux debuffs.
- The effects are provided by an aura. Its buff lingers for 0.1 seconds.
- Does not evade attacks landing on allies when the source of the attack is within the field.
- Affects heroes (including illusions and clones), creep-heroes and buildings. All other units are completely unaffected.
- Does not affect invulnerable units, so buildings are only affected when attackable.
- The Spark Wraith travels at a speed of 400 and cannot be disjointed.
- Once the activation delay is over, it checks for enemies (including neutral creeps) in 0.2 second intervals and launches towards the first registered enemy.
- If multiple enemies are within range after the delay, the closest enemy is targeted.
- Deals damage based on the level upon cast of the ability. Leveling up Spark Wraith does not update the damage of already placed Spark Wraiths.
- However, choosing the damage upgrading talent immediately upgrades all of Arc Warden's currently active Spark Wraiths.
- The Spark Wraith is fully visible to the enemy.
- Fully affects invisible units. Can target units inside the Fog of War, but not invulnerable or hidden units.
- The activation delay is not included in the wraith's duration.
- Provides 300 radius ground vision for its full duration. The vision does not linger.
- The launched projectile also provides the same vision, which lingers for 3.34 seconds after reaching the target.
- The Tempest Double always spawns with Arc Warden's current mana and health.
- On the first cast of Tempest Double, the double is actually summoned. On every following cast, it is just healed or revived.
- This means it is impossible to create more than one double at a time, since recasting Tempest Double merely refreshes the one from the previous cast.
- The double also gets fully dispelled, getting freed from absolutely every buff and debuff, including usually undispellable ones.
- Its cooldowns are not refreshed upon getting re-summoned, so all cooldowns from the previous cast carry over.
- Arc Warden and his clone are represented by an icon with health and mana bars for each on the top left corner of the screen.
- When a Zet is selected, its icon becomes brighter. When a Zet takes damage, its icon blinks red.
- The Tempest Double is visually distinguishable from the original Zet for enemies, just like how it is for allies.
- The buffs of a consumed Moon Shard and an Aghanim's Scepter granted by Alchemist are copied as well.
- The double itself is treated exactly like a hero by all spells, since it is not an illusion.
- The double has a fixed 180 gold and a 180 experience bounty. It does not change based on level and is only granted to the killing unit.
- Spell effects, that grant bonuses when an enemy unit dies (such as Death Pulse), do not grant any bonuses for killing the double.
- The Tempest Double does not gain any experience like heroes usually do, so it does not leech experience.
- The double has its own, independent inventory, carrying the same item as the original Arc Warden does.
- On each cast, the double's inventory gets updated and adapted to that of Arc Warden. This also sets all charges of charge-based spells to match the charges on Arc Warden, no matter how many the double had left the last time it was summoned.
- The double can neither pick up, nor drop any items. It cannot be given items by allies or Arc Warden directly either.
- Since the double gets re-summoned on each cast, all its item (and ability) cooldowns do not reset, just like how heroes do not get their cooldowns reset as they respawn.
- The double does not copy the following items: Aegis of the Immortal, Animal Courier, Bottle, Cheese, Clarity, Divine Rapier, Dust of Appearance, Enchanted Mango, Faerie Fire, Flying Courier, Gem of True Sight, Healing Salve, Observer and Sentry Wards, Smoke of Deceit, Tango, Tango (Shared), Tome of Knowledge, or any muted item which Arc Warden has in its inventory (allied and enemy items alike).
- All other items are copied, although some have a slightly altered effect. Shareable items (e.g. Town Portal Scroll or Perseverance) are copied.
- Bloodstone does not apply the area heal upon the double's death. The double does gain charges, but does not retain the charges when the duration ends and any kills the double gets are credited to the main hero. The double will spawn with the same amount of charges as the main hero and the double can use Pocket Deny.
- Hand of Midas can be used by the double. Using Transmute grants the gold and experience to the main hero.
- If Radiance, Ring of Aquila or Ring of Basilius are toggled off upon summoning the double, they are also toggled off on the double. The toggle status gets copied.
- The same applies to Power Treads. The double copies whichever attribute the main hero had selected.
- The Tempest Double's Black King Bar works completely independent from the main hero's Black King Bar. Its "level" is not bound to the main hero's Black King Bar.
- This means the double's Black King Bar starts off fresh and its cooldown/duration decreases whenever it uses it throughout the entire match, regardless of the cooldown/duration of the main hero's Black King Bar.
- When having a unit dominated with Helm of the Dominator, the unit does not die when the double expires. However, it does die as soon as the double gets re-summoned, even if the unit was dominated by the hero and not the double.
- Moon Shard's active ability cannot be used by the double itself, but it can still be copied as a standalone item or as a buff, if the main Arc Warden carries the buff.
- Refresher Orb is always on cooldown for the double, so it cannot refresh Tempest Double, but still can benefit from its stats.
|+250 Spark Wraith Damage||25||30% Lifesteal|
|+100 Attack Range||20||10% Cooldown Reduction|
|+200 Health||15||+30 Damage|
|+25 Attack Speed||10||+20 Flux DPS|
- Talents are fully copied by the Tempest Double.
- Upgrading health increases maximum health capacity and keeps the current health percentage.
- The attack damage is added as bonus attack damage, and therefore does not benefit illusions.
- Cooldown reduction affects abilities and items. Stacks multiplicatively with Octarine Core and additively with Arcane Rune.
- The lifesteal is not a unique attack modifier and fully stacks with other sources of lifesteal.
- The damage upgrade for Spark Wraith is immediately applied to all already placed Spark Wraiths.
- Slippers of Agility and a Circlet give the stats Arc Warden needs early on and can later be built into a Wraith Band.
- Tango gives Arc Warden sustain in lane.
- Boots of Speed improves Arc Warden's mediocre movement speed and gives him some form of escape from enemies.
- Ring of Aquila gives stats and a source of pushing at a cheap price. Remember to keep the aura turned off when you're not trying to push the lane.
- Hand of Midas is essential on Warden as otherwise he could not farm at all. Keep track of its CD on Tempest Double to know when optimal times to call it are.
- Boots of Travel gives Warden map wide presence for fighting, pushing, and farming.
- Magic Wand is a good way to heal back up some health and some mana. It also makes use of the circlet and branches bought earlier and frees up inventory space.
- Bottle is a great pick up on Arc Warden. As it helps with sustaining and manage runes.
- Maelstrom improves Warden's farming and pushing and can later build into Mjollnir.
- Dragon Lance provides useful stats for a highly cost effective price and the increased range allows Arc Warden to easily achieve good positioning to space himself from enemies from inside his Magnetic Field.
- Phase Boots are an alternative to Travels if you need to fight early on, since improve his early game massively (movement speed & damage). These can later be sold for Travels anyway.
- Arcane Boots should be the go to boots for a Support Warden. With Tempest Double, you can replenish 270 mana to heroes nearby, which can be enough to have them use a team fight changing ult.
- Urn of Shadows can give tons of healing if it's mainly Tempest Double using it, or even heal multiple allies at once.
- Drum of Endurance can effectively have infinite charges if usage of the charges is restricted to the Double only, or give a charge twice as long with both the Double and main hero using it after the current charge duration ends.
- Scythe of Vyse is a great disable and immensely boosts Arc Warden's mana and mana regeneration, eliminating mana problems which may occur. The Hex duration can also be effectively doubled with the help of a Double.
- Mjollnir buffs both yours and your Tempest Double's attack speed as well as punishing enemies who attack either.
- Diffusal Blade gives a purge, and it improves Warden's dreadful agility gain.
- Desolator helps with both pushing towers and tearing down foes, all at an efficient price Warden can easily reach.
- Black King Bar helps against disables or nukers if such are problems. It can also be used to send in the double in fights and staying back in safety with the main Arc Warden. The Double can use Avatar, but its duration is independent of the main Zet's Black King Bar.
- Hurricane Pike is an alternative to Blink Dagger for a more offensive Warden. It lets him stay in the back with the increased range from it, and gives him an escape that, if used by Tempest Double as well, can effectively double the distance traveled.
- Eye of Skadi is a luxury item on Warden that gives him all the stats he needs and a Black King Bar piercing slow.
- Satanic is another luxury item that can be considered. It improves his rather frail nature and stacks fully with Eye of Skadi.
- Orchid Malevolence into Bloodthorn gives Warden more utility and a huge dps increase with Bloodthorn's crit that works with anyone on the team, including the double. It gives true strike as well for those pesky heroes with evasion.
- Dagon is great when focusing on picking off heroes. Dagon itself already does a lot of burst damage. Doubling that with a Tempest Double, combined with the rather high damage of Arc Warden's other spells, this item can help to deal with even very tanky foes. Throwing in an Ethereal Blade can turn Arc Warden into one of the strongest nukers.
- Moon Shard makes Arc Warden attack extremely fast when combined with Magnetic Field. When consumed, the Tempest Double also gains the permanent buff.
- Daedalus can be good on Arc Warden for the same reason why Butterfly can be: it turns him into a strong hitter in the later phases of the game. Although Daedalus is chance based, Zet can still constantly deliver crits thanks to the enormous attack speed boost provided by Magnetic Field. Butterfly should be acquired before a Daedalus, to first get some attack damage and more speed first, to make critical strikes more effective.
- Monkey King Bar is a great alternative to Daedalus when dealing with evasive enemies. Also thanks to its already high chance to interrupt an enemy with its mini-bash, it can even slow down an enemy heavily when attacking it with the Double as well, due to the amount of mini-bashes from 2 heroes attacking it with Monkey King Bar. The chances to quickly interrupt an enemy's channeling spells is very high.
- Manta Style is a great item for pushes, as Arc Warden can have 4 illusions thanks to the Double. Just like with Necronomicon, the double's and the original's Manta Style are independent from and do not replace each other. The illusions also benefit from Magnetic Field, making them more resistance against physical attacks and speeding up their attack speed.
- Pipe of Insight should be considered over Mekansm on a support Warden, as you can apply the spell block twice in a fight, while you can only heal with Mek once every 35 seconds, rendering the second usage useless.
- Butterfly can turn Arc Warden into a heavy hitter. His primary attribute is still agility, so he benefits a lot from its stats. The Tempest Double has no attack damage penalties like most illusions do, since it is not an illusion, so it can greatly increase Arc Warden's overall damage output. Arc Warden's 2 damaging spells deal both magical damage and do not scale. A Butterfly helps him keep on doing damage to the enemy in the late game. The attack damage he gets from the item is also great for pushing and synergizes very well with Magnetic Field.
- Necronomicon is very effective on Arc Warden as well, again, thanks to his ultimate. He can have 2 sets of Necronomicon units up at the same time, since the units summoned by the double are independent and do not replace the units summoned by the main Zet. Necronomicon is an essential item for a pushing Arc Warden.
- Rod of Atos is a cheap utility item for a support Warden that can keep a foe rooted for twice as long, or even root 2 people down so they can't escape as quickly.
- Shiva's Guard provides some protection against carries as it increases armor and slows their attacks passively. The active ability is also great for pushes. Although the aura does not stack when creating a Double, two Arctic Blasts also deal a decent amount of damage in fights.
- The line Play "You will just have to accept this, and move on." is a reference to a Dota 2 based web cartoon The Dota 2 Reporter, where it is a recurring gag for the characters to question the game's logic, only to be answered by this line.
- The lines Play "Doggedly." and Play "Hounding." are references to Arc Warden's former appearance in DotA, where its model was that of a Gnoll, a canine-like creature from Warcraft. Its rivalry lines towards Lycan, Play "Inferior form." and Play "Apex predator, you are not. ", are also a nudge to this.