From Dota 2 Wiki
|Hero||Strategy||Counters||Equipment||Gear||Responses||Sounds||Lore||Old Abilities||Changelogs||Known Bugs|
- Anti-Mage can Blink from Cold Feet and tends to build a Manta Style to dispel it.
- Spell Shield minimizes the damage Anti-Mage takes from all of Ancient Apparition's skills.
- Mana Break and thus Mana Void deal a lot of damage to high mana pool Ancient Apparition.
- False Promise can dispel stun from Cold Feet and can save an ally that's about to shatter and even allows to heal with Purifying Flames because of delayed effect.
- Fate's Edict is good against all Ancient Apparition's spells in all stages of the game.
- Fortune's End can purge off Cold Feet from allies and Chilling Touch from enemies.
- Phantom Lancer can dispel or escape from Cold Feet with Doppelganger and Phantom Rush.
- Ancient Apparition have a troubles to deal with Phantom Lancer illusions.
- Ancient Apparition has no escape/mobility mechanisms, making him an easy target for Phantom Lancer in any stage of the game.
- Sunder allows Terrorblade (or an ally) to regain HP whilst affected by Ice Blast.
- Corrosive Skin minimizes the damage Viper takes from all of Ancient Apparition's skills.
- Time Lapse allows Weaver (or ally if upgraded with Aghanim's Scepter) to regain HP whilst affected by Ice Blast.
- Shukuchi completely ignores the slow from Ice Vortex, and should help him escape the freeze range of Cold Feet.
- Silences are very effective against Ancient Apparition, making the Apparition bad against picks like Silencer, Drow Ranger and others.
- Since he is fragile, has no mobility and is vulnerable to silences, Riki might be the greatest threat to the Apparition, as he has an AoE silence, good damage output and a psedo-blink.
- Orchid Malevolence might be the only real item that counters Ancient Apparition.
- Pipe of Insight and Glimmer Cape both do wonders to reduce the Apparition's damage output. Both can also save an ally that's about to shatter from Ice Blast.
- Black King Bar prevents all damage from the Apparition's spells. The only thing it doesn't stop is the frostbitten debuff.
Good against...Abaddon Alchemist
- Ice Blast nullifies the health regeneration granted by Chemical Rage, which Alchemist greatly relies on in battle.
- Ice Blast prevents all of Chen's heals.
- Shallow Grave prevents Ice Blast's shatter for up to 5 seconds, but can mostly only delay it as Ice Blast lasts 10 seconds (17 seconds with Aghanim's Scepter) and prevents Shadow Wave from healing them.
- Weave doesn't protect the team from Ancient Apparition's damage which is magical only.
- Ice Blast prevents Death Prophet from gaining health from Spirit Siphon and Exorcism.
- The debuff hits Death Prophet even while cycloned by Eul's Scepter of Divinity.
- Ice Vortex lowers her magic resistance and her kiting(keeping away) potential.
- Ice Blast prevents Huskar from healing and negates any lifesteal, making him significantly weaker in battle.
- Ice Blast instantly kills Huskar if he falls below a certain health threshold.
- Ice Vortex helps to lower Huskar's high magic resistance.
- Ice Blast negates all regeneration, healing and lifesteal, making some heroes and heal-strats risky.
- Heroes like Slark, Witch Doctor and others also tend to suffer in Ice Blast's heal deny.
- Heroes that withstand damage like Timbersaw, Bristleback, Dragon Knight and others will have their durability largely reduced when hit by an Ice Blast due to the risk of shattering.
- Ice Blast does not debuff illusions, so it can be used to detect the real hero out of his illusions, since the real hero gets debuffed, while the illusions do not. This does not work against Meepo however, since the clones and the main Meepo are debuffed.
- Ice Blast's ability to nullify health regeneration makes it effective against health regeneration items like Tranquil Boots, Heart of Tarrasque, Urn of Shadows/ Spirit Vessel, Mekansm and Guardian Greaves etc.
- Ice Blast's damage per second also disable items like Blink Dagger.
- Ice Blast is devastating against Armlet of Mordiggian as users cannot activate it to gain HP and toggling it off can result in health immediately dropping below shatter threshold. However, keeping the Armlet toggled on is dangerous as the damage over time from the Armlet can bring a hero down to shatter threshold.
Works well with...Meepo
- Chilling Touch applies to Meepo clones, granting a considerable amount of bonus magical damage.
- Successive casts of Earthbind lock the enemy in place long enough for both Cold Feet and Ice Blast to hit.
- The effects of Chilling Touch apply to Phantom Assassin's Stifling Dagger.
- The slow from the dagger can also help Cold Feet to proc from a long distance.
- You can almost always ensure a stun by casting Cold Feet followed by Disruption.
- Ice Vortex stacks with Soul Catcher and both has only magical damage.
- Pounce is perfect setup for Cold Feet and Ice Blast.
- Chilling Touch and Overpower last for the same number of hits, allowing Ursa to quickly deal much more damage.
- Weaver makes good use of Chilling Touch through Geminate Attack.
- Oracle makes good usage of the Frostbitten debuff, as he can spam Purifying Flames on enemies without healing them.
- Any long-duration disable can make a good setup for a long-distance Ice Blast, such as Legion Commander's Duel, Faceless Void's Chronosphere, or Enigma's Black Hole.
- Eul's Scepter of Divinity is usually the Apparition's item of choice to set up Cold Feet. Don't forget to place an Ice Vortex below the target!
- Rod of Atos can serve the same purpose as Eul's, but doesn't provide you with any mobility.
- Dagon can help burst enemies that are Frostbitten and under the effect of an Ice Vortex.