From Dota 2 Wiki
- Anti-Mage can from Cold Feet and tends to build a to dispel it.
- minimizes the damage Anti-Mage takes from all of Ancient Apparition's skills.
- and thus deal a lot of damage to high mana pool Ancient Apparition.
- can dispel stun from Cold Feet and can save an ally that's about to shatter and even allows to heal with because of delayed effect.
- is good against all Ancient Apparition's spells in all stages of the game.
- can purge off Cold Feet from allies and Chilling Touch from enemies.
- Phantom Lancer can dispel or escape from Cold Feet with and .
- Ancient Apparition have a troubles to deal with Phantom Lancer illusions.
- Ancient Apparition has no escape/mobility mechanisms, making him an easy target for Phantom Lancer in any stage of the game.
- helps Phoenix to escape from Cold Feet.
- can save Phoenix from Ice Blast.
- allows Terrorblade (or an ally) to regain HP whilst affected by Ice Blast.
- minimizes the damage Viper takes from all of Ancient Apparition's skills.
- allows Weaver (or ally if upgraded with ) to regain HP whilst affected by Ice Blast.
- completely ignores the slow from Ice Vortex, and should help him escape the freeze range of Cold Feet.
- Silences are very effective against Ancient Apparition, making the Apparition bad against picks like , and others.
- Since he is fragile, has no mobility and is vulnerable to silences, might be the greatest threat to the Apparition, as he has an AoE silence, good damage output and a psedo-blink.
- might be the only real item that counters Ancient Apparition.
- and both do wonders to reduce the Apparition's damage output. Both can also save an ally that's about to shatter from Ice Blast.
- prevents all damage from the Apparition's spells. The only thing it doesn't stop is the frostbitten debuff.
- Ice Blast nullifies 's and 's healing.
- Ice Blast nullifies the health regeneration granted by , which Alchemist greatly relies on in battle.
- Ice Blast prevents all of Chen's heals.
- prevents Ice Blast's shatter for up to 5 seconds, but can mostly only delay it as Ice Blast lasts 10 seconds (17 seconds with Aghanim's Scepter) and prevents from healing them.
- doesn't protect the team from Ancient Apparition's damage which is magical only.
- Ice Blast prevents Death Prophet from gaining health from
- The debuff hits Death Prophet even while cycloned by .
- Ice Vortex lowers her magic resistance and her kiting(keeping away) potential.
- Ice Blast prevents Huskar from healing and negates any lifesteal, making him significantly weaker in battle.
- Ice Blast instantly kills Huskar if he falls below a certain health threshold.
- Ice Vortex helps to lower Huskar's high magic resistance.
- Ice Blast negates all regeneration, healing and lifesteal, making some heroes and heal-strats risky.
- Heroes like , and others also tend to suffer in Ice Blast's heal deny.
- Heroes that withstand damage like , , and others will have their durability largely reduced when hit by an Ice Blast due to the risk of shattering.
- Ice Blast does not debuff illusions, so it can be used to detect the real hero out of his illusions, since the real hero gets debuffed, while the illusions do not. This does not work against Meepo however, since the clones and the main Meepo are debuffed.
- Ice Blast's ability to nullify health regeneration makes it effective against health regeneration items like , , / , and etc.
- Ice Blast's damage per second also disable items like .
- Ice Blast is devastating against as users cannot activate it to gain HP and toggling it off can result in health immediately dropping below shatter threshold. However, keeping the Armlet toggled on is dangerous as the damage over time from the Armlet can bring a hero down to shatter threshold.
Works well with...Meepo
- Chilling Touch applies to Meepo clones, granting a considerable amount of bonus magical damage.
- Successive casts of lock the enemy in place long enough for both Cold Feet and Ice Blast to hit.
- The effects of Chilling Touch apply to Phantom Assassin's .
- The slow from the dagger can also help Cold Feet to proc from a long distance.
- You can almost always ensure a stun by casting Cold Feet followed by .
- Ice Vortex stacks with and both has only magical damage.
- is perfect setup for Cold Feet and Ice Blast.
- Chilling Touch and last for the same number of hits, allowing Ursa to quickly deal much more damage.
- makes good use of Chilling Touch through .
- makes good usage of the Frostbitten debuff, as he can spam on enemies without healing them.
- Any long-duration disable can make a good setup for a long-distance Ice Blast, such as 's , 's , or 's .
- is usually the Apparition's item of choice to set up Cold Feet. Don't forget to place an Ice Vortex below the target!
- can serve the same purpose as Eul's, but doesn't provide you with any mobility.
- can help burst enemies that are Frostbitten and under the effect of an Ice Vortex.