From Dota 2 Wiki
This article is about the two Ancients on either side of the map, and the main objective of the game. For other uses, see Ancient (disambiguation).
Main article: Buildings
Search Radius: 900 / [ Info Needed ]
Heal per Second: 90
Damage Reduction: 25%
Protected Illusion Damage Reduction: 75%
Unprotected Illusion Attack Damage Reduction: 60%
Reactivation Delay: 15
Backdoor Protection Active: Undispellable.
- All buildings, except for tier 1 towers and the shrines outside of the base have this ability.
- Tier 2 towers outside the base use different backdoor protection of one inside the base, whose search radius is 900.
- That means the backdoor protections of tier 2 towers outside the base are all independent from each other and from the base backdoor protection.
- However, the protection of buildings inside the base is bound together. If one of them loses backdoor protection, all of them do.
- The unit detection is aura-based. If an enemy lane creep gets within 900 / [ Info Needed ] radius of the building, the protection is lost.
- The aura's effect lingers for 0.5 seconds, so the total reactivation delay is effectively 15.5 seconds.
- While protected, the building takes 25% less damage from any source, and 75% less damage from illusions.
- This includes spell damage, not only attacks, including spells cast by illusions.
- While unprotected, the building only takes 60% less damage from illusion attacks (excluding their spells).
- If a backdoor-protected building is damaged by an enemy, it immediately starts healing back.
- Heals 9 health in 0.1 second intervals, which translates to 90 health per second.
- This means, it is possible to destroy protected buildings by dealing more than 90 damage per second (after reductions).
- Only heals back damage dealt by enemy units. Damaged dealt by allies is not healed back.
- The True Sight is provided within the whole area, regardless of the buildings actual vision. It is fully unobstructed.
- The True Sight is provided by an aura which affects enemies. Its debuff lingers for 0.5 seconds.