Alchemy is a form of science, primarily associated with the Keen race. Humans like Lanaya also have some knowledge of alchemy. Some, such as Ulfsaar, despise alchemy. Tinker believes alchemy is a false science, only believed by loons.
Considered a branch of chymistry, alchemy's most attractive claim is the ability to transmute ordinary materials into gold. Razzil Darkbrew attempted to use alchemical principles to transmute an entire mountain to gold, but failed. Nevertheless, he was successful in turning smaller amounts of material into gold. Other alchemical feats include brewing explosive chemicals and strong acids capable of dissolving metal.
The Nyx Assassin
Numerous ingredients are known to be used in alchemy.
- Calcium nitrate.
- Dragon's saliva, which requires "special alloys" to contain.
- Faerie Dragon blood, which is rare and valuable.
- Bounty Runes.
- Fluids extracted from dead bodies.
- Moulds and mosses.
- One such potion was brewed for an ogre, resulting in a berserker's rage of rapid movement, massive health regeneration, followed by an unusually serene calmness.
- Ursa response: ▶️ Keep your filthy Alchemy away from these waters!
- Tinker response: ▶️ What sort of loon believes in Alchemy?
- Alchemist biography.
- Greevil's Greed description.
- Unstable Concoction description.
- Acid Spray description.
- Carapace of the Chosen Larva description.
- Alchemist response: ▶️ Sniper, if you're done with all that gunpowder, I can use it.
- Alchemist response: ▶️ Pudge, were you tapping methane? Yikes!
- Alchemist response: ▶️ Hey, you think Kunkka knew I stole his rum?
- Alchemist response: One Skeleton King provides a day's requirement of calcium.
- Alchemist response: Calcium nitrate? He, that explains a lot about Skeleton King.
- Alchemist response: ▶️ Pugna's full of phosphorus? That makes sense.
- Alchemist response: ▶️ Well Doom Bringer, if you keep that up, I won't want for sulfur.
- Alchemist response: ▶️ Thanks to Slardar I can rig up an excellent mercury switch.
- Alchemist response: ▶️ Get out the siphon. Clockwerk's full of gasoline!
- Formed Alloy Flaskdescription.
- Alchemist response: ▶️ All right! Fairy dragon blood is hard to come by.
- Alchemist response: ▶️ You don't think Pudge will mind if we salvage him for fluids, do ya?