|is a formidable carry capable of amassing large amounts of gold, and sustaining himself almost indefinitely during teamfights. Armed with a , Alchemist can also gank effectively by stunning enemies with . Because of the extra gold from his , Alchemist will always snowball into a potent fighter if a match goes long. Under , a well-farmed Alchemist can demolish heroes and structures alike with alarmingly fast attack speed, all the while regenerating his health at incredible rates.|
- Greevil's Greed helps Alchemist farm key items like or . Acid Spray is also leveled early to aid in clearing creep waves, especially if Alchemist goes solo in lane. A successful player aims to overwhelm the opposing team during the mid game, when Chemical Rage makes Alchemist hard to kill.
- Alchemist has a choice of investing in physical attacks with damage items and talents.
- Or, he can rely on Unstable Concoction buffed with talents and
to deal physical damage and provide long disables.
- dispel disables, like silence, and dodge self-exploded Unstable Concoction. lowers cooldown on Chemical Rage to boost his survivability. He can also uses more often to
- Or, he can rely on Unstable Concoction buffed with talents and
Alchemist is sometimes played as a support. This build requires him throw out stuns with Unstable Concoction, and zone out enemies with Acid Spray. A support Alchemist is expected to purchase wards. Due to the extra gold from Greevil's Greed, support Alchemists can still transition into damage dealers in the late game. Some players may opt to farm anfor their teammates, but this is not a common strategy.
|+30Regeneration||25||-0.2Base Attack Time|
|+50 Damage||15||+400 Health|
|-7sCooldown||10||+25 Attack Speed|
Tips & Tactics
- Alchemist is a fairly heavy carry, but may still have trouble dealing with other hard carries, such as .
- Alchemist farms faster than any other hero, thank to Greevil's Greed.
- Use Acid Spray to farm in lane if your opponents are harassing you heavily.
- Acid Spray is useful in farming creeps. Ask a support to stack camps for you.
- It is possible for Alchemist to farm ancient creeps safely early on with Acid Spray. Combined with Greevil's Greed, this can give Alchemist incredible amounts of gold over time. It is not uncommon to have expensive items like or by 14 minutes with this strategy.
- Acid Spray can also be used to stack creeps from a distance. Using it on creeps will cause them to automatically pursue Alchemist, and therefore move away from the camp.
- Use Acid Spray to dissuade enemies from defending their towers, or pushing into yours.
- If playing mid, use Acid Spray to push the wave before you pick up the rune every five minutes.
- One point in Unstable Concoction is usually enough until other abilities have been leveled.
- Smart opponents can make it difficult to land Unstable Concoction by juking and avoiding your vision, causing the backfire. It may be better to use it immediately when an enemy reaches the treeline, even if you lose damage and stun duration.
- Enemies will attempt to disable Alchemist while Unstable Concoction is brewing, preventing him from throwing it and causing him to suffer a long stun in addition to the first enemy disable. Try to stay out of reach until you are ready to throw Unstable Concoction.
- Fully brewed, Unstable Concoction is one of the most potent stuns in the game, in both damage and stun duration. The enemy is able to see your timer. It is imperative that you either start channeling within range, or channel a few seconds of the concoction from within fog before revealing yourself. This ability is most devastating to low armor heroes that almost take its full damage upon impact, especially if they are softened up by Acid Spray.
- If you are in a tight spot and have no way to escape with low health, Unstable Concoction can be used to deny yourself.
- It may not be a good idea to charge Unstable Concoction if you believe you are about to lose vision of an enemy (such as when chasing through trees), as you could end up stunning yourself.
- Begin charging Unstable Concoction before using or to take enemies by surprise.
- Unstable Concoction can be used to deny yourself. If you find yourself in a sticky situation with Chemical Rage on cooldown and no means of escape, you can channel this spell in the hopes of denying yourself.
- Greevil's Greed increases Alchemist's gold income right from the start of the game.
- Alchemist does not have to collect Bounty Rune himself to gain bonus gold.
- Thus, his team getting two initial bounty runes already puts himself ahead in networth.
- As a result, Alchemist's team may want to contest the enemies' bounty runes throughout the game to gain even more income for themselves and for Alchemist especially.
- Don't be too quick to skill this ability immediately when the match starts. You should invest the your first point into this ability only if you can guarantee that you will claim the runes, as if your opponents happen to steal it from you, you will be at a severe disadvantage during the early laning stages, as Alchemist's melee range, poor damage, and attack speed may hinder his ability to get last hit.
- Chemical Rage dispels, and disjoints projectiles, but can be difficult to time properly.
- Feel free to use Chemical Rage for its healing effects; it even regenerates its own mana cost over the duration.
- When Chemical Rage is on cooldown, Alchemist is extremely squishy due to his poor strength gain and low armor.
- Chemical Rage scales strongly with attack damage boosting items, however at the same time Alchemist does little damage without such items.
- The base attack time change of Chemical Rage does not alter the value of attack speed, neither up nor down. You still want to have a good mix of items that give attack speed and damage.
- regenerates health so Alchemist can survive the lane.
- restores health also.
- mitigates damage taken from enemy harass.
- is cheap and gives small attribute bonuses.
- gives health regeneration, and burst mana to use Acid Spray.
- helps Alchemist get last hits with increased attack damage against creeps.
- give a nice movement speed boost.
- increase attack speed and strength to help Alchemist obtain last hits. The bonus intelligence helps him use more Acid Spray in the early to mid game.
- works well with Chemical Rage's health regeneration, countering the item's health draining effect.
- is a good pickup since Alchemist can get it quickly with Greevil's Greed, when the burn damage hurts the most. It deals heavy damage to the enemy team, as Alchemist can stay alive for prolonged periods with Chemical Rage.
- is excellent for sieging buildings, and also provides Alchemist with a much needed disjoint mechanism.
- lowers cooldown for Alchemist to use abilities and items more often, increasing the uptime of Chemical Rage as well as damage output and disable from Unstable Concoction. The spell lifesteal allows Alchemist to gain back some health with Acid Spray and Radiance.
- improves mobility so Alchemist can get in range and use Unstable Concoction on the enemies.
- allows Alchemist to split push lanes, and be present at while farming free lanes. Also, the movement speed boost greatly mitigates his weakness in mobility.
- protects Alchemist from most disables so he can continue to deal damage.
- grants tankiness with armor and attack speed slow aura. Arctic Blast also slows enemy movement speed, keeping them in range of Acid Spray and Radiance.
- lowers enemies' armor, which stacks with the armor reduction from Acid Spray. It also provides a useful aura to buff armor and attack speed the rest of your team.
- Static Charge to protect Alchemist or his teammates. Its lightning attack will also trigger often under Chemical Rage. increases Alchemist's attack speed greatly, and also gives a useful
- allows Alchemist to farm anything in no time.
- forces enemies to think twice about fighting back against Alchemist.
- goes well with Alchemist's high attack speed, and helps greatly in securing an enemy. It also gives bonus attack damage and greater survivability providing bonus HP and blocking damage from incoming attacks.
- strength, evasion, status resistance, and also gives the ability to disarm a threatening enemy. gives some
- gives Alchemist a massive amount of health. Combined with the health regeneration from Chemical Rage, Alchemist is extremely hard to take down.
- allows Alchemist to further reduce the armor of his enemies, makes it easier to fight them with his Ultimate, and allows him to further support allies.
- break effect. grants Alchemist invisibility to brew up his Unstable Concoction. He can break the invisibility by attacking the enemy for additional bonus damage and at the same time launch his concoction. You can upgrade to for the
- grants increased attack speed to Alchemist without using any inventory slots. He can also use Moon Shard on an ally to give them the bonus attack speed instead.
- allows Alchemist to give the item to an ally, granting them appropriate upgrades and attributes.