- cancels out Chemical Rage's rapid health regeneration. It can also take advantage of Alchemist's toggling, as it will make HP drain insanely fast, essentially killing the bearer in no time.
- greatly reduces Chemical Rage's attack speed advantage.
- - Invoker can win the mid lane easily against Alchemist because regeneration will nullify Acid Spray's damage over time and damage bonus will allow Invoker to out last hit Alchemist.
- is good against high health and low armor Alchemist.
- allows Lifestealer to not be targetable by Unstable Concoction, possibly making Alchemist stun himself.
- can kill Alchemist before Chemical Rage has the time to heal him.
- can prevent Alchemist from attacking Necrophos, as well as make him immune to Acid Spray and Unstable Concoction damage.
- followed by takes advantage of Alchemist's low base armor, making it easy to quickly kill him with physical damage.
- allows Slark to not be targeted by Unstable Concoction, making Alchemist stun himself and making himself vulnerable to the enemy.
- Chemical Rage will rarely save Alchemist against Ursa's .
- Ember's magic damage build is able to burst down Alchemist due to his low strength gain and Alchemist's normal item pick up.
- can bully Alchemist out of mid lane quite easily, forcing him to either retreat into jungle, or stay harassed in lane, and get very few last hits.
- can take advantage of Alchemist's little armor to kill him.
- 's makes sure that either Alchemist is unable to hit anyone while also being slowed and susceptible to magical damage, or can protect an ally from physical attacks. Besides, Pugna can push early on, when Alchemist is not strong enough to repel it, so by the time Alchemist comes online, he might be forced to sit in base.
- reduces Alchemist's already low base armor even further, and protects against his rapid physical attacks.
- reduces Alchemist's attack speed and gives a fair amount of armor.
- disarm so Alchemist cannot attack during Chemical Rage, forcing him to activate Black King Bar beforehand. applies an undispellable
- disables Alchemist, making sure he won't be able to use his Chemical Rage to heal up, and allows heroes to burst him down fast.
- reflects Unstable Concoction easily due to its long brewing time.
- Alchemist can easily farm Spiderlings with Acid Spray and Greevil's Greed.
- Alchemist's Chemical Rage nullifies Broodmother's
- Acid Spray and Greevil's Greed will quickly destroy pushes with treants.
- Chemical Rage kills Phoenix very quickly in .
- Chemical Rage will take down in no time.
- Alchemist can also farm the zombies for easy Greevil's Greed gold.
Works well with...
- and will dispel debuffs away.
- combined with Chemical Rage may give you some serious sustainability.
- is an AoE dispel, which will remove from enemies buffs like and also root them.
- Alchemist works well with any hero that benefits from , as he can farm it for them (most likely far more quickly) and also free up an inventory slot.