- cancels out Chemical Rage's rapid health regeneration. It can also take advantage of Alchemist's toggling, as it will make HP drain insanely fast, essentially killing the bearer in no time.
- greatly reduces Chemical Rage's attack speed advantage.
- - Invoker can win the mid lane easily against Alchemist because regeneration will nullify Acid Spray's damage over time and damage bonus will allow Invoker to out last hit Alchemist.
- will deal lots of damage to Alchemist before he builds physical survivability items.
- and can control Alchemist at all stages of the game before he has Black King Bar.
- 's rum buff will greatly reduce the Alchemist's damage output in teamfights including his Radiance.
- is good against high health strength heroes such as Alchemist.
- allows Lifestealer to not be targetable by Unstable Concoction, possibly making Alchemist stun himself.
- can kill Alchemist before Chemical Rage has the time to heal him.
- can prevent Alchemist from attacking Necrophos, as well as make him immune to Acid Spray and Unstable Concoction damage.
- will do damage as long as Necrophos is alive based on health percentage, which is a problem for a strength hero such as Alchemist.
- followed by takes advantage of Alchemist's main weakness, being physical damage before he has the change to improve his surviability with items.
- will deal lots of damage during the laning phase.
- allows Slark to not be targeted by Unstable Concoction, making Alchemist stun himself and making himself vulnerable to the enemy.
- also allows him to just purge off the stun if timed correctly.
- will steal stats over long durations at a time should Alchemist lack the damage to kill Slark.
- Chemical Rage will rarely save Alchemist against Ursa's .
- allows Ursa to both be a threat to Alchemist and avoid his over time damage.
- Ember's magic damage build is able to burst down Alchemist due to his low strength gain and Alchemist's normal item pick up.
- Alchemist's reliance on fast attack speed to do single-target damage makes him vulnerable to . It also goes through , which is a standard item on Alchemist.
- is great against high health strength heroes as it reduces their survivability to physical damage.
- Razor has early lane push to counter .
- can bully Alchemist out of mid lane quite easily, forcing him to either retreat into jungle, or stay harassed in lane, and get very few last hits. Vipers break also completely disables which prevents Alchemist to earn his amazing amounts of money.
- can use in teamfights which will cause a problem for Alchemist.
- 's makes sure that either Alchemist is unable to hit anyone while also being slowed and susceptible to magical damage, or can protect an ally from physical attacks. Besides, Pugna can push early on, when Alchemist is not strong enough to repel it, so by the time Alchemist comes online, he might be forced to sit in base.
- reduces Alchemist's physical survivability and his teammates.
- does the same thing as Assault Cuirass but it also reduces the attack speed, reducing the effectiveness of Chemical Rage.
- disarm so Alchemist cannot attack during Chemical Rage, forcing him to activate Black King Bar beforehand. applies an undispellable
- disables Alchemist, making sure he won't be able to use his Chemical Rage to heal up, and allows heroes to burst him down fast.
- reduces Alchemist's health regeneration.
- Alchemist can easily farm Spiderlings with Acid Spray and Greevil's Greed.
- Alchemist's Chemical Rage nullifies Broodmother's
- Acid Spray and Greevil's Greed will quickly destroy pushes with treants.
- Chemical Rage kills Phoenix very quickly in .
- Chemical Rage will take down in no time.
- Chemical Rage mitigates damage from .
Works well with...
- and will dispel debuffs away.
- combined with Chemical Rage may give you some serious sustainability.
- is an AoE dispel, which will remove from enemies buffs like and also root them.
- Alchemist works well with any hero that benefits from , as he can farm it for them (most likely far more quickly) and also free up an inventory slot.