From Dota 2 Wiki
|Hero||Strategy||Counters||Equipment||Gear||Responses||Sounds||Lore||Old Abilities||Changelogs||Known Bugs|
Bad against...Ancient Apparition
- Ice Blast cancels out Chemical Rage's rapid health regeneration. It can also take advantage of Alchemist's Armlet of Mordiggian toggling, as it will make HP drain insanely fast, essentially killing the bearer in no time.
- Untouchable greatly reduces Chemical Rage's attack speed advantage.
- Quas- Exort Invoker can win the mid lane easily against Alchemist because Quas regeneration will nullify Acid Spray's damage over time and Exort damage bonus will allow Invoker to out last hit Alchemist.
- Feast is good against high health and low armor Alchemist.
- Rage allows Lifestealer to not be targetable by Unstable Concoction, possibly making Alchemist stun himself.
- Reaper's Scythe can kill Alchemist before Chemical Rage has the time to heal him.
- Ghost Shroud can prevent Alchemist from attacking Necrophos, as well as make him immune to Acid Spray and Unstable Concoction damage.
- Corrosive Haze followed by Slithereen Crush takes advantage of Alchemist's low base armor, making it easy to quickly kill him with physical damage.
- Shadow Dance allows Slark to not be targeted by Unstable Concoction, making Alchemist stun himself and making himself vulnerable to the enemy.
- Chemical Rage will rarely save Alchemist against Ursa's Fury Swipes.
- Ember's magic damage build is able to burst down alchemist due to his low strength gain and alchemist normal item pick up.
- Viper can bully Alchemist out of mid lane quite easily, forcing him to either retreat into jungle, or stay harassed in lane, and get very few last hits.
- Clinkz can take advantage of Alchemist's little armor to kill him.
- Pugna's Decrepify makes sure that either Alchemist is unable to hit anyone while also being slowed and susceptible to magical damage, or can protect an ally from physical attacks. Besides, Pugna can push early on, when Alchemist is not strong enough to repel it, so by the time Alchemist comes online, he might be forced to sit in base.
- Assault Cuirass reduces Alchemist's already low base armor even further, and protects against his rapid physical attacks.
- Shiva's Guard reduces Alchemist's attack speed and gives a fair amount of armor.
- Heaven's Halberd is a troublesome item for many physical carries, as they are unable to hit anyone for some time, unless they can dispel it; Alchemist is no exception.
- Scythe of Vyse disables Alchemist, making sure he won't be able to use his Chemical Rage to heal up, and allows heroes to burst him down fast.
- Lotus Orb easily reflects Unstable Concoction, due to its long brewing time.
- Alchemist can easily farm Spiderlings with Acid Spray and Greevil's Greed.
- Alchemist's Chemical Rage nullifies Broodmother's Insatiable Hunger.
- Acid Spray and Greevil's Greed will quickly destroy pushes with treants.
- Chemical Rage kills Phoenix very quickly in Supernova.
- Chemical Rage will take down Tombstone in no time.
- Alchemist can also farm the zombies for easy Greevil's Greed gold.
Works well with...Elder Titan
- A well timed Echo Stomp will allow Alchemist to set up his Unstable Concoction safely without worry of self-stunning while looking for a target.
- Tiny is good early and mid-game oriented ganker, making more space for Alchemist. And he benefits a lot from Aghanim's Scepter, bestowed by Alchemist.
- False Promise and Fortune's End will purge debuffs away.
- False Promise combined with Chemical Rage may give you some serious sustainability.
- Fortune's End is an AoE purge, which will remove from enemies buffs like Guardian Angel and also root them.
- Battle Trance combined with Chemical Rage makes Alchemist attack at insane speeds.
- Alchemist works well with any hero that benefits from Aghanim's Scepter, as he can farm it for them (most likely far more quickly) and also free up an inventory slot.
- Omniknight's Repel can cancel self stun from Unstable Concoction.
Works poorly with...Anti-Mage
- Anti-Mage and Alchemist both like to flash-farm the jungle during the early mid-game, but sharing the jungle between the two renders both heroes under-farmed come mid-game.
- Alchemist is a type of mid hero who cannot gank early and has to farm for a while. If Anti-Mage gets shut down in lane, there isn't much Alchemist can do.
- Radiance is effective on both Alchemist and Spectre, but multiple Radiances do not stack.
- Alchemist is a type of mid hero who cannot gank early and has to farm for a while. If Spectre gets shut down in lane, there isn't much Alchemist can do.