Razzil Darkbrew, the Alchemist, is a melee strength hero whose alchemical prowess makes him a strange but versatile fighter. He is an unusual carry based upon transmuting killed creeps into large amounts of bonus gold, with both an early game and late game presence due to the enormous health regeneration from his ultimate and the first strike nature of his other spells. His low but balanced attributes and the sure promise of gold for items means he can be one of the most disparately built heroes in the game.
Unstable Concoction is his main contribution early on, dealing good damage and a lengthy stun. Acid Spray allows him to rapidly clear waves of creeps for his Greevil's Greed to contribute massive amounts of extra income. A well-equipped Alchemist can then use Chemical Rage to its fullest effect, as the incredible regeneration and base attack time reduction make it one of the best steroid abilities in the game.
- The armor reduction is provided by an aura. Its debuff lingers for 0.5 seconds. The damage is independent from the aura.
- Deals damage in 1-second intervals, starting 1 second after receiving the debuff, resulting in up to 16 instances.
- Can deal up to 240/320/400/480 damage to a single unit (before reductions).
- When leveling up the ability while a cast is already active, the armor reduction value on already affected units does not update to the new value.
- However, if an enemy receives the debuff after leveling it up, that enemy receives the new armor reduction value.
- The damage value does not update and is always based on the level the ability was cast on.
- The damage of multiple instances of Acid Spray fully stacks. The armor reduction, however, does not.
- Does not affect couriers.
- Interrupts Alchemist's channeling spells upon cast.
- A timer above Alchemist's head shows how much time is left before the Concoction blows up. This timer is visible to everyone.
- The brewing animation and particles are visible to everyone. The Unstable Concoction buff is hidden.
- The sound can be heard by enemies only when the spell was cast within their vision range.
- The damage starts at 0 and increases by 3.2/4.8/6.4/8 ( 11.2/12.8/14.4/16) for each 0.1 seconds brewed, reaching the full damage in 5 seconds.
- The stun starts at 0.3 and increases by 0.029/0.044/0.059/0.074 for each 0.1 seconds brewed, reaching 1.75/2.5/3.25/4 in 5 seconds.
- The concoction first applies the damage, then the debuff.
- Unstable Concoction always affects a 200 area around where it explodes, including when it explodes on Alchemist.
- When Alchemist dies while brewing, it instantly blows up, hitting units around Alchemist based on how long it was brewed.
- While brewing the concoction, Alchemist can still move around and act freely.
- The stun and damage can hit creep-heroes within the radius as well.
- Alchemist can deny himself with this ability.
- Choosing the minimum damage upgrading talent immediately upgrades Alchemist's currently brewing concoction and all of his currently flying concoction projectiles.
- Replaces until the concoction is thrown or blows up.
- The targeting reticule must be centered over an enemy unit.
- The concoction travels at a speed of 900.
- Once thrown, Unstable Concoction stops brewing.
- Cannot be cast on, but can stun and damage creep-heroes within the radius.
- Greevil's Greed triggers on every last hit Alchemist makes, excluding last hits on allies, buildings, illusions and .
- All stacks work fully independently from each other. They last 40 seconds each and do not refresh each other.
- Alchemist himself has to last hit to gain a stack, making last hits with other owned units does not add to his current stack.
- The status buff icon shows how much extra gold Alchemist gains on his next last hit.
- A second bounty number appears over Alchemist, showing the amount of extra gold earned. This number is only visible to Alchemist.
- The minimum amount of last hits needed to reach the gold bonus cap is 4/5/6/7 (within the 40-second stack duration).
- Gold earned through Greevil's Greed is unreliable.
- The Bounty Rune multiplier only affects the amount of gold Alchemist gains (regardless of whether he collects the rune himself). Allies still gain the default value.
- Increases Alchemist's total movement speed to 345/355/365, and sets his base attack time to 1.2/1.1/1 ( 1/0.9/0.8).
- Can regenerate up to 1250/1875/2500 ( 2000/2625/3250) health and 100/250/400 mana over its full duration.
- Chemical Rage is fully canceled on death.
- Recasting Chemical Rage before the previous cast finishes refreshes the duration and updates all values to the current level.
- clones and illusions).
has an active ability for Alchemist, allowing him to cast it on allied heroes (excluding hero
- Once cast, the Scepter is destroyed and the targeted ally receives the buff, which is permanent.
- This status buff grants the ally the same stats as an Aghanim's Scepter and fully applies any Scepter upgrades on the hero.
- Alchemist can cast Aghanim's Scepter on himself as well, gaining the stats only, since he has no upgrades.
- The net worth of the Scepter transfers from Alchemist to the target hero. Self-casting does not change the net worth.
- Doing so does neither change Alchemist's nor the target's GPM.
- A hero can only be targeted once by Aghanim's Scepter.
- The ability to transfer Aghanim's Scepter is innate to the hero and not the ultimate ability.
- This means that Alchemist can share Aghanim's Scepters in Ability Draft, regardless of his skills.
- Cleave damage is reduced by Damage Block.
- The complete area is shaped like an isosceles trapezoid in front of Alchemist.
- Fully stacks with other sources of cleaves. Each source of cleave works completely independent.
- Does not cleave upon attacking wards, buildings or allied units. Wards and buildings are unaffected by cleave.
- Despite the visual effect, cleave damage is applied instantly in the whole area.
|+30Regeneration||25||-0.2Base Attack Time|
|+50 Damage||15||+400 Health|
|-7sCooldown||10||+25 Attack Speed|
- regenerates health so Alchemist can survive the lane.
- restores health also.
- mitigates damage taken from enemy harass.
- is cheap and gives small attribute bonuses.
- gives health regeneration, and burst mana to use Acid Spray.
- helps Alchemist get last hits with increased attack damage against creeps.
- give a nice movement speed boost.
- increase attack speed and strength to help Alchemist obtain last hits. The bonus intelligence helps him use more Acid Spray in the early to mid game.
- works well with Chemical Rage's health regeneration, countering the item's health draining effect.
- is a good pickup since Alchemist can get it quickly with Greevil's Greed, when the burn damage hurts the most. It deals heavy damage to the enemy team, as Alchemist can stay alive for prolonged periods with Chemical Rage.
- is excellent for sieging buildings, and also provides Alchemist with a much needed disjoint mechanism.
- lowers cooldown for Alchemist to use abilities and items more often, increasing the uptime of Chemical Rage as well as damage output and disable from Unstable Concoction. The spell lifesteal allows Alchemist to gain back some health with Acid Spray and Radiance.
- improves mobility so Alchemist can get in range and use Unstable Concoction on the enemies.
- allows Alchemist to split push lanes, and be present at while farming free lanes. Also, the movement speed boost greatly mitigates his weakness in mobility.
- protects Alchemist from most disables so he can continue to deal damage.
- grants tankiness with armor and attack speed slow aura. Arctic Blast also slows enemy movement speed, keeping them in range of Acid Spray and Radiance.
- lowers enemies' armor, which stacks with the armor reduction from Acid Spray. It also provides a useful aura to buff armor and attack speed the rest of your team.
- Static Charge to protect Alchemist or his teammates. Its lightning attack will also trigger often under Chemical Rage. increases Alchemist's attack speed greatly, and also gives a useful
- allows Alchemist to farm anything in no time.
- forces enemies to think twice about fighting back against Alchemist.
- goes well with Alchemist's high attack speed, and helps greatly in securing an enemy. It also gives bonus attack damage and greater survivability providing bonus HP and blocking damage from incoming attacks.
- strength, evasion, status resistance, and also gives the ability to disarm a threatening enemy. gives some
- gives Alchemist a massive amount of health. Combined with the health regeneration from Chemical Rage, Alchemist is extremely hard to take down.
- allows Alchemist to further reduce the armor of his enemies, makes it easier to fight them with his Ultimate, and allows him to further support allies.
- break effect. grants Alchemist invisibility to brew up his Unstable Concoction. He can break the invisibility by attacking the enemy for additional bonus damage and at the same time launch his concoction. You can upgrade to for the
- grants increased attack speed to Alchemist without using any inventory slots. He can also use Moon Shard on an ally to give them the bonus attack speed instead.
- allows Alchemist to give the item to an ally, granting them appropriate upgrades and attributes.
|Roles:||Carry Support Durable Disabler Initiator Nuker|
|Playstyle:||Having broken out of prison with his ogre accomplice, Razzil Darkbrew embarks on the search for new materials to use in his transmutations. Learned in alchemy, Razzil is able to extract extra gold from creeps, and create fields of toxic sludge with Acid Spray. The Alchemist brews, atop the shoulders of his companion, an increasingly Unstable Concoction that is ideally thrown before it explodes. In a pinch, Razzil slips his partner an unknown potion, inducing a Chemical Rage in the ogre's body. Symptoms include unnatural attack speed, rapid health regeneration, and a pleasant purple hue.|
- At one point during beta, Alchemist's bio consisted entirely of the following sentence: "Alchemist is named Al and is a chemist."
- Alchemist's third ability name remained unchanged from its DotA counterpart until after the Diretide event, when it was changed from "Goblin's Greed" into "Greevil's Greed."
- The Ogre's portion of the Caustic Steel cosmetic set may be a reference to Master Blaster from Mad Max: Beyond The Thunderdome, while the Alchemist's armor and hair are most likely a reference to Edward Elric, one of the two main protagonists of Fullmetal Alchemist.
- Play sound effect has the same reprocessed sound of Play Oil Platform building from game Warcraft 2: Tides of Darkness, created by Blizzard. 's
- One of Alchemist's last hit lines Play "Only ninety-eight percent pure?" is a direct reference to AMC's TV series Breaking Bad.
- Another of his last hit lines Play "Greed is good." is a reference to Gordon Gekko's speech in the 1987 film, Wall Street.
- Alchemist's line for picking up a Haste Rune Play "Run, buddy, run!" may be a reference to Forrest Gump, since sometime in the movie there is a line "Run, Forrest, Run!"
- Alchemist's leveling line Play " Better living through alchemy!" is a reference to the phrase "Better Living Through Chemistry", a popular variant of a DuPont advertising slogan which later became a common phrase.