|With origins known only to a single wizard, fragments of this impossible crystal are nearly as coveted as the renowned scepter itself.|
- Becomes available for purchase at the 20th minute mark (10th minute mark in Turbo Mode).
- If the hero does not have it already, Aghanim's Shard gets instantly consumed upon acquiring.
- is the only hero without an upgrade, and cannot purchase Aghanim's Shard.
- When a hero has an upgrade available, the item's and the upgraded spell's tooltip states what exactly is upgraded.
- Single target spells with Aghanim's Shard upgrades that are reflected by Spell Reflection depend on whether the reflecting hero has Aghanim's Shard, not the original caster of the reflected spell.
While many supports become more powerful with Aghanim's Shard, most should still focus primarily on buying support items, with Aghanim's Shard as a luxury option if they have enough gold.
- Aghanim's Shard effect ingame.png
A hero having Aghanim's Scepter equipped or consumed.
- Aghanim's Shard is named after Agahnim, one of the main villains in The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.
- Aghanim. is the son of