Gamepedia was upgraded to MediaWiki version 1.31 on Wednesday November 14th. To learn more about the upgrade and its effects click here.
|A powerful artifact long ago smuggled out of the Ivory Incubarium. Or so many believe.|
- Status resistance bonuses from multiple Aeon Disks do not stack.
- Does not stack with the status resistance of . Enrage takes priority.
- Triggers upon taking damage greater than 0 (before reductions) from enemy and allied players.
- Does not trigger on self-inflicted damage, or on damage flagged as HP Removal.
- Applies a strong dispel on the wielder upon activating.
- This means it only dispels debuffs which were applied before the activating damage, even when an effect applies a debuff right after its damage.
- Grants the wielder 100% incoming damage reduction, they do not gain damage negation. HP Removal is not reduced.
- This means that incoming damage amplifiers can be used to counter the effect.
- Also grants the wielder 100% outgoing damage reduction, so they deal no damage if not affected by outgoing damage amplification.
- The damage instance triggering Combo Breaker is negated.
- However, if the owner has above 70% health, it is negated so that their health does not drop below 70%.
- Does not protect against instantly killing effects.
- Aeon Disk can be bought after Axe's must-have items: , and , especially when the enemy team has Nukers with high damage (which will most likely be cast after Axe's initiation).
- However, activating Combo Breaker will negate outgoing damage from and for the duration of its effect.
- With Aeon disk he still has chance to Lasso and pull his target even if got caught.
- Brewmaster is a tanky hero and has strong team-fight abilities and often focused to prevent him casting his Ultimate. Aeon Disk almost guarantees him that he will be able to use no matter what.
- Bristleback is one of the best tanks and frontliners and Aeon Disk makes him even harder to kill.
- Dazzle is often focused to prevent him from saving core hero. This item makes it harder.
- Although damage from his can be significant, his main purpose is not damage.
- He can turn-around team-fight with his strong stuns and nukes.
- Enigma is a formidable disabler and with Aeon Disk he can turn-around team-fight with .
- is one of the best disables in the game and Aeon Disk gives him high chances to place it even if he got caught.
- Aeon Disk synergies excellently with allowing him not just to escape but heal back the damage.
- If he gets caught before his initiation, Aeon Disk gives him a chance to counter-initiate with or just escape with .
- Omniknight could be played as frontline hero to utilize his and other small ranged spells.
- Although can deal up to 500 pure AOE damage, his main goal is to heal and shield his allies if he is played as support. Reducing his damage output should not be a problem as Aeon Disk protects him from being focused.
- Oracle has strong defensive abilities and is often focused to prevent him from saving core heroes. Aeon Disk gives him a chance to survive and cast his abilities on himself or allies.
- This item will protect Vengeful Spirit after swapping her position with .
- Shadow Shaman is a high priority target before he can place his wards. Aeon Disk can extend his life in a battle, long enough for him to cast his ultimate.
- Aeon Disk can be a good choice for tanks, initiators/counter-initiators or supports who have strong defensive abilities.
- Aeon Disk is effective against heroes that rely on ambush and/or disables followed up by quick, sudden bursts of damage to finish their prey off, wasting their efforts (and possibly lengthy cooldowns), and allowing their target to escape quickly. Such heroes include
, , or .
- Conversely, heroes that rely on quick bursts of damage may be better off not buying Aeon Disk, as they could waste their own spells upon attempted retaliation.
- Aeon Disk also provides protection from heroes with strong initiation tools like or , as (most of) their disable durations will be reduced and their team cannot provide immediate follow-up damage to their initiation.
- Consider purchasing a or other mobility items with Aeon Disk, as one can use it during Combo Breaker's duration, allowing a quick escape, provided it has not been disabled beforehand. It can also be used to initiate with, protecting you should you either miss your ability or if there are enemy heroes that you missed.
- Summoned units are not affected by the outgoing damage negation by Combo Breaker. Heroes such as , or can still be able to retaliate on their attacker while being briefly protected.
- Other protective items like or can help delay Combo Breaker's activation in a teamfight, preventing it from being wasted by either a stray spell or a long-distance attack.
- The item can save a split pusher from getting killed while being far from his team to run back or teleport to base.
- Aeon Disk could be a not so good choice against disables that can't be dispelled like , , , etc, but still will give a dispellable 2.5 second protection.
- mines deal full damage while they are under the effect of Combo Breaker.
- The item's internal name was Combo Breaker until November 30, 2017 Patch.