From Dota 2 Wiki
|The lost blade of the Commander of the Abyss, this edge cuts into an enemy's soul.|
- One Abyssal Blade grants a total of 450 health and 7.14% health regen amplification (at least 7.5 health regen).
- When held by Slardar, Spirit Breaker, Troll Warlord or Faceless Void, Bash cannot proc.
- The effect is instant and does not need to travel.
- Abyssal Blade's bash does not stack with the bash of Skull Basher and other Abyssal Blades.
- When obtaining multiple items with the bash ability, only the one that has been continuously the longest in the inventory works.
- The damage can be reduced with e.g. Enfeeble or Static Link.
- Adds an average of 25 damage to every attack for melee heroes, and 10 damage for ranged heroes.
- Bash uses pseudo-random distribution.
- Attacks which proc Bash cannot miss.
Proc Chance: 50%
Blocked Damage (Melee): 70
Blocked Damage (Ranged): 35
Heroes whose default item build includes Abyssal Blade as a situational item:
- Use Overwhelm to interrupt the enemy heroes' channeling such as Town Portal Scroll or any channeled abilities like Freezing Field.
- Although sometimes optional, it is best to buy items that grant attack speed which procs Bash more.
- Due to the short cast range of Overwhelm, it is best to have a gap closer, like blink abilities to position oneself to cast it, or invisibility to sneak up upon targets.