Rizzrak the Timbersaw is a melee Strength hero that excels in dealing pure damage and causing destruction around the battle field. He is a strong ganker whose spells are low in mana cost, cooldown and can destroy trees in an area around him, as well as inflicting pure damage; this makes him an good counter to magic tanks and high armored heroes. Whirling Death unleashes razor sharp edges that deals magical damage to an area around him and reducing the primary attribute of his enemy hero; if Whirling Death cuts down trees in the process, the damage type becomes pure. Timber Chain allows him to latch himself to a tree, pulling him towards it and dealing pure damage to enemies in his path; the low cooldown and low cost of this ability greatly increases his mobility. Reactive Armor makes him more resistant and resilient, increasing his armor and health regeneration temporarily every time he gets hit by an enemy, stacking up to a maximum level. His ultimate skill, Chakram fires a spinning saw blade at a targeted location, cutting down trees and enemies in its path, dealing AoE pure damage, and slowing his enemies for every 5% health they are missing.
|Timbersaw whirls extremely sharp edges, damaging enemies and destroying trees around him in an area. If an enemy hero is affected, it loses some of its primary attribute for a short duration. Whirling Death will deal Pure damage if a tree is cut down in the process.|
Primary Stat Reduction: 15%
Area of Effect: 300
- Stat reduction lasts for 7 seconds.
|Timbersaw fires a chain that embeds itself in the first tree it hits, pulling him towards it. Any enemy in the path takes damage.|
Damage radius: 225
- Destroys the target tree once you arrive.
- Can be used to pull yourself across impassable terrain.
|Each time Timbersaw is attacked, he gains increased health regen and armor. Each stack lasts for 16 seconds.|
|Stack Limit: 4/8/12/16|
Stack Bonus Armor: 1
Stack Bonus Health Regeneration: 1 HP/sec
- Any source of damage will trigger this ability, including attacks from heroes, creeps and towers.
|Fires your main saw blade at the target location, and once there the blade will spin, dealing damage in an area around it and slowing enemies. For each 5% of health missing, enemies caught in the saw blade move more slowly. The blade deals damage and cuts down trees in its path when fired and retracted. You lose the ability to attack and your mana gets drained while the blade is out.|
|Passthrough Damage: 100/140/180|
Damage per Second: 50/75/100
Mana cost per Second: 20/25/30
- Chakram returns to you if you go more than 2000 units away. Destroys trees.
- Passthrough damage may only be dealt to the same target once in each direction. In other words, a target can only take the initial 100 damage from rank 1 Chakram once, no matter how many times they enter or leave the AoE. However, the moment the return is activated, that target becomes valid for another instance of 100 damage if Chakram touches it.
- Stout Shield is a good item to have on any melee Hero, as it improves your survivability.
- A Clarity to regain mana after executing your combo.
- Tango and Healing Salve make it easier to survive in lane.
- Two Iron Branches give good starting stats, and can build into a Magic Wand.
- Arcane Boots are invaluble to keep on top of your mana.
- Ring of Health gives more survivability.
- Magic Wand is bought because of the stats it gives, and because of the useful health and mana regeneration it provides.
- Vanguard makes you more tanky. It's a good item to have on Timbersaw, as he will often be in the middle of a fight, especially in the mid game.
- Shiva's Guard makes you more durable due to the armor it provides, and the intelligence gain also helps you keep on top of your mana. Its slow is also perfect in combination with your Chakram.
- Pipe of Insight gives great magic resistance and HP regeneration.
- Bloodstone is a great item for a Strength Hero who needs a lot of mana regeneration. You can disassemble your Arcane Boots to build a Bloodstone with less gold.
- Scythe of Vyse is mainly bought for its great mana regeneration and for its active ability.
- Heart of Tarrasque will make you a lot more tanky. It's the best item to buy if you need more survivability.
- Blade Mail gives Intelligence, damage and armor. Its active ability is great if you are your team's main initiator: you can deal even more damage if certain enemy Heroes keep hitting you while using your abilities.
- In Warcraft 3 DotA, Timbersaw was known as Goblin Shredder
- His response to kill Treant Protector "If you fall in the woods, and I laugh, will anyone hear me?" is a reference to popular philosophical question "If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"