Rizzrak the Timbersaw is a melee Strength hero that excels in dealing pure damage and causing destruction around the battle field. He is a strong ganker whose spells are low in mana cost, cooldown and can destroy trees in an area around him, as well as inflicting pure damage; this makes him an good counter to magic tanks and high armored heroes. Whirling Death unleashes razor sharp edges that deals magical damage to an area around him and reducing the primary attribute of his enemy hero; if Whirling Death cuts down trees in the process, the damage type becomes pure. Timber Chain allows him to latch himself to a tree, pulling him towards it and dealing pure damage to enemies in his path; the low cooldown and low cost of this ability greatly increases his mobility. Reactive Armor makes him more resistant and resilient, increasing his armor and health regeneration temporarily every time he gets hit by an enemy, stacking up to a maximum level. His ultimate skill, Chakram fires a spinning saw blade at a targeted location, cutting down trees and enemies in its path, dealing AoE pure damage, and slowing his enemies for every 5% health they are missing.
|Rizzrak, the Timbersaw|
|Play "Trees do have a way of dying around me!"|
|Role:||Nuker / Durable / Escape|
|Lore:|| Rizzrack could still hear the screams in his mind. He worked, frantically turning wrenches, twisting screws, building and carving and forging. Sleep eluded him; he only built. Months had passed since he had shut himself in his uncle's workshop, and his deliverance was nearly complete. He rubbed his back as his eyes drifted shut, and saw a blanket of flowers floating on the placid waves of Augury Bay before exploding into a cloud of pollen that silenced lives as it seized the lungs. He woke with a choking start. For hours the rhythmic sound of a whetstone filled the shop as he sharpened a set of massive blades, his mind filled with images of strangling vines garroting neighbors, enwrapping homes. The flooding of Augury Bay had been nothing compared to the violent horrors the waters left to take root beyond the city walls. But the saw-suit would make him strong and safe he thought, allowing himself this sliver of hope before the full might of his fear crashed into his fading mind. Branches and blood. When the city fell, Rizzrack fled trees that walked, and fought, and killed. Trees had shattered the gates and swarmed into the city. Trees had crushed and thrashed and stomped the last that Augury Bay could muster in defense, and stalked the few fleeing refugees. In addled silence Rizzrack unspooled the thick chain from the suit's arm, his hands quaking as he inspected each link and ran a trembling finger along the claw attached at its end. The saw-suit was ready.
With his hand trembling he sparked the bladed machine to life. Terror drove him, terror of what awaited him and of what he would have to face to have any hope of calming his mind. As the saw-suit shuddered to life he knew he must face this fear, and he knew he wouldn't like it one bit
- Stat reduction lasts for 7 seconds.
- Destroys the target tree once you arrive.
- Can be used to pull yourself across impassable terrain.
- Any source of damage will trigger this ability, including attacks from heroes, creeps and towers.
- Chakram returns to you if you go more than 2000 units away. Destroys trees.
- Passthrough damage may only be dealt to the same target once in each direction. In other words, a target can only take the initial 100 damage from rank 1 Chakram once, no matter how many times they enter or leave the AoE. However, the moment the return is activated, that target becomes valid for another instance of 100 damage if Chakram touches it.
- Stout Shield is a good item to have on any melee Hero, as it improves your survivability.
- A Clarity to regain mana after executing your combo.
- Tango and Healing Salve make it easier to survive in lane.
- Two Iron Branches give good starting stats, and can build into a Magic Wand.
- Arcane Boots are invaluble to keep on top of your mana.
- Ring of Health gives more survivability.
- Magic Wand is bought because of the stats it gives, and because of the useful health and mana regeneration it provides.
- Vanguard makes you more tanky. It's a good item to have on Timbersaw, as he will often be in the middle of a fight, especially in the mid game.
- Shiva's Guard makes you more durable due to the armor it provides, and the intelligence gain also helps you keep on top of your mana. Its slow is also perfect in combination with your Chakram.
- Pipe of Insight gives great magic resistance and HP regeneration.
- Bloodstone is a great item for a Strength Hero who needs a lot of mana regeneration. You can disassemble your Arcane Boots to build a Bloodstone with less gold.
- Scythe of Vyse is mainly bought for its great mana regeneration and for its active ability.
- Heart of Tarrasque will make you a lot more tanky. It's the best item to buy if you need more survivability.
- Blade Mail gives Intelligence, damage and armor. Its active ability is great if you are your team's main initiator: you can deal even more damage if certain enemy Heroes keep hitting you while using your abilities.
- In Warcraft 3 DotA, Timbersaw was known as Goblin Shredder
- His response to kill Treant Protector "If you fall in the woods, and I laugh, will anyone hear me?" is a reference to popular philosophical question "If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"