18 + 2.6
27 + 3.3
15 + 1.75
Shendelzare the Vengeful Spirit is a ranged Agility Hero who excels at ganking, disabling and kill hunts. She is one of the most well-rounded supports in the game, possessing a skill set that allows her to set up kills for her team during ganks and teamfights, strengthening her team and weakening the enemy in large-scale engagements, and saving allies from certain death if they are caught by the enemy.
Effective at all stages of the game, Vengeful Spirit is typically seen roaming the battlefield, searching for targets to prey on. She possesses a strong targeted stun in Magic Missile and an armor reduction debuff in Wave of Terror, making her a strong partner in a hunter-killer formation. Motivated by her lust for revenge, Vengeance Aura boosts the attack damage of all nearby allies, making Shendel an invaluable ally to teams with strong physical damage output and turning her into a potential semi-carry. If Shendelzare dies, her death will not be in vain, as her killer will be afflicted with a debuff that reduces their attack damage as well as their allies', ensuring that her presence is felt even after being killed. Her ultimate Nether Swap immediately swaps Vengeful Spirit's position with another hero, ally or enemy, allowing her to displace a key enemy hero for easy elimination, or save an ally in distress at the potential cost of her own life. Vengeful Spirit's skill set and low reliance on farm allows her to be played with great recklessness, as even her death can be integral towards guiding her team to victory. Shendelzare requires very selfless and skilled play to operate well, and relies on the competence of teammates as much as herself.
| Shendelzare, the Vengeful Spirit
| Play "I will slake my thirst for revenge."
|| Support / Initiator / Disabler / Nuker / Escape
|| Even the most contented Skywrath is an ill-tempered creature, naturally inclined to seek revenge for the slightest insult. But Vengeful Spirit is the essence of vengeance. Once a proud and savage Skywrath scion, Shendelzare was first in succession for the Ghastly Eyrie until a sister's treachery robbed her of her birthright. Snared in an assassin's net, Shendelzare tore free only at the cost of her wings, limping away in the ultimate humiliation: On foot. With her wings broken, she knew the Skywrath would never accept her as ruler; and in the highest roost of the Eyrie, inaccessible except by winged flight, her sister was untouchable. Unwilling to live as a flightless cripple, and desiring revenge far more than earthly power, the fallen princess drove a bargain with the goddess Scree'auk: She surrendered her broken body for an imperishable form of spirit energy, driven by vengeance, capable of doing great damage in the material plane. She may spend eternity flightless, but she will have her revenge.
|| Gin Hammond (Responses)
- The projectile travels at a speed of 1250.
- The wave travels at a speed of 2000.
- Can hit units up to 1700 range away (1400 travel distance + 300 radius).
- The wave provides 500 radius flying vision as it travels. The vision lasts for 3 seconds.
- The 3 second lasting vision starts 100 range away from Vengeful Spirit.
- So the vision reaches for up to 2000 range away (100 range starting distance + 1400 travel distance + 500 vision radius).
- Only increases base damage and that given by the primary attribute of the affected units. Raw bonus damage is not increased.
- The same goes for the negative aura. Only decreases base damage and that given by the primary attribute.
- The aura's buff and the negative aura's debuff linger for 0.5 seconds.
- When Vengeful Spirit dies to an enemy player, the player's hero will be afflicted with the negative Vengeance Aura.
- Despite the visual effect, when dying to enemy illusions or summons, the hero of the owner gets the aura instead.
- Allies denying Vengeful Spirit do not get the negative aura.
- Interrupts channeling spells on the target, enemies and allies alike.
- If Vengeful Spirit swaps a unit onto an unpathable ledge, that unit gains free pathing for 5 seconds.
- Destroys trees within 300 radius around Vengeful Spirit and the Nether Swap target.
- The Vengeance illusion which spawns on death when upgraded is bound to Nether Swap, means if it is not learned at least once, no illusion spawns.
- The illusion spawns right next to Vengeful Spirit's death location, has full mana and health and all abilities off cooldown, regardless of their status on Vengeful Spirit.
- The illusion does not get a set duration upon spawning. It will disappear once Vengeful Spirit respawns. It also spawns even when having Aegis of the Immortal.
- Since it is an illusion, the enemies get no bounty from killing it. It also is affected by any ability which instantly kills illusions, like hex.
- The created illusion is visually distinguishable from the real Vengeful Spirit for the enemies.
- Healing Salve and Tango help Vengeful Spirit sustain during the laning phase, preventing her from returning to base due to enemy harassment.
- Clarity is crucial for replenishing Vengeful Spirit's mana from casting Magic Missile during early ganks, as her small base mana pool means that she will run completely out after one or two casts.
- Circlet is a cheap way to improve Vengeful Spirit's attributes, particularly her HP and mana, both of which are lacking in the early game. It can be used either to build a Ring of Aquila or Magic Wand later.
- Animal Courier is an important item for support heroes to purchase at the start of the match. Shendel's low reliance on items makes her a good candidate for purchasing it.
- Magic Stick is a useful pickup when in a lane against heroes who have low mana cost spells, and are harassing you with those spells. The burst HP and mana regen allows Vengeful Spirit to survive slightly longer and cast at least one one more spell in an engagement, which can make or break a fight.
- Boots of Speed are essential early on for Vengeful Spirit, as the improved speed will allow her to escape deadly situations, as well as quickly get within range to stun them with Magic Missile
- Ring of Aquila gives Vengeful Spirit many strong bonuses. It provides all-around attributes, particularly to her agility, and the increased armor makes her more survivable against physical damage. The Aquila Aura provides even more armor, and its flat mana regen is very helpful in the early game when Vengeful Spirit's intelligence is low. The aura can provide allies with more armor, and can be useful for pushing lanes to take map objectives after securing kills. Later on, Ring of Aquila can be disassembled to recycle its components.
- Magic Wand is a useful pick up for the same reasons as the Magic Stick. Its attribute bonuses are very useful on low-farm supports, and the increased charge storage allows Vengeful Spirit to instantly replenish a large fraction of her HP and mana, enough to stay in a fight long enough to make a greater difference.
- Power Treads increase Vengeful Spirit's attack speed, which synergizes well with Vengeance Aura, greatly increasing her physical damage output. The ability to switch attributes allows her to either give herself more HP for survivability, more mana for casting her powerful spells, or more damage and attack speed for damage output.
- Medallion of Courage synergizes well with Wave of Terror, combining to reduce a target enemy's armor by 13 at its highest level; cast on an ally, it can help keep them alive for longer in fights. The bonuses on Vengeful Spirit herself give her increased armor for survivability against physical damage, and scaling mana regen that helps to maintain her mana pool.
- Observer Wards are crucial for purchasing regularly as a support hero. Map vision provides intelligence about enemy movements, and is particularly useful for Vengeful Spirit given her ability to roam and get kills on lone enemies.
- Town Portal Scroll are essential for cross-map transportation. Shendel's powerful abilities make her a crucial ally to have in any engagement, whether it's to save an ally who is being ganked, or to get to a gank opportunity to kill an enemy.
- Aghanim's Scepter greatly reduces the cooldown on Nether Swap, allowing Vengeful Spirit to use it repeatedly in engagements, and gives her access to the Vengeance Illusion sub-ability. With a reduced cooldown, Vengeful Spirit can swap enemies repeatedly, preventing them from easily escaping so long as she is nearby, and the Vengeance Illusion spawning upon her death allows her to continue to contribute to fights even after death. The item itself also greatly improves her HP and mana, making her more resilient and improving her mana pool to reduce the strain that repeated casting of her ultimate will induce.
- Force Staff is a cheap support item that is very useful on Vengeful Spirit. It can be used to re-position her in order to cast her abilities particularly Magic Missile and Nether Swap. It can also be used to escape from failed fights or ganks as well as save nearby allies, or push enemies into your grasp. It also improves her mana pool, allowing her to cast her spells more often in fights.
- Blink Dagger is extremely strong in the hands of Vengeful Spirit. While it cannot be used to trap enemies on unpathable terrain with Nether Swap, it greatly increases her mobility and lets her quickly get in position to stun an enemy or swap a key target. It also greatly improves her roaming potential as she can traverse over cliffs and trees while hunting for targets.
- Desolator is a powerful semi-carry item that boosts Vengeful Spirit's damage output. Combining the attack modifier with Wave of Terror and Medallion of Courage can reduce a target's armor by up to 19, which can be enough to bring down even the tankiest heroes.
- Butterfly is an expensive but strong luxury item for a semi-carry build. The item drastically increases Shendel's physical damage output, particularly when combined with Vengeance Aura and Wave of Terror, and provides evasion to make her harder to focus down in engagements. Its active can temporarily boost her movement speed, increasing her ability to roam the battlefield and chase down enemies.
- Manta Style increases Vengeful Spirit's semi-carry potential further. It improves her overall attributes, particularly her agility, and improves her movement speed for better mobility. The active allows her to remove debuffs from herself while also creating illusions to confuse the enemy; as well, the illusions can carry Vengeance Aura to benefit her team even while she herself is not within range, and can even be used to provide allies with the positive aura after Shendel's death, meaning that both the positive and negative auras can be simultaneously active.
- Heart of Tarrasque will massively increase Vengeful Spirit's survivability, granting her a much larger HP pool and the ability to quickly regenerate between fights. This survivability gives Vengeful Spirit a much higher chance of survival when swapping herself into a group of enemy heroes, and forces them to expend more time and spells in order to bring her down.
- Drum of Endurance gives Vengeful Spirit all-around attributes for a cheap price, and the aura provides increased movement and attack speed for both herself and nearby allies. The increased mobility, especially with the active, allows Vengeful Spirit and her team to quickly chase down enemies during ganks, or escape from pursuers.
- Flying Courier is as essential as Animal Courier, and should be purchased at the earliest opportunity. Vengeful Spirit's low reliance on items means that she can purchase it for her team more easily than can most of her teammates.
- Solar Crest is a strong upgrade to Medallion of Courage that further augments the bonuses it brings to the field. The increased armor shift allows Vengeful Spirit to make an even bigger dent in the enemy's armor, or provide even more protection to a target ally in combination with the bonus evasion. The additional mana regen also helps to better sustain her mana pool for casting spells.
- Glimmer Cape is a strong utility item on any support hero. Vengeful Spirit can use it in conjunction with Nether Swap to help ensure that an endangered ally survives, and cast on herself can improve her ganking ability as she can approach targets invisibly before disabling them with Magic Missile.
- Vengeful Spirit is a very strong and well-balanced support who specializes in roaming, ganking and disabling. Unlike most other casting supports, her skill set emphasizes physical damage over magical, allowing her abilities to be useful in the late game.
- Because of her combination of disables and debuffs, Vengeful Spirit is an excellent roaming partner, as she can reliably stun an enemy and reduce their armor, setting them up for being finished off by teammates. Her lack of meaningful damage output and more than one disable means that she must rely on her teammates to land follow-up stuns and kill the target, however.
- Unlike most casting-focused supports, Vengeful Spirit benefits from an innately high strength and agility growth, giving her plenty of HP and armor. This means that she despite her sacrificial nature, she is very resilient against all types of damage, and under unusual circumstances can transition into playing as a semi-carry.
- Vengeful Spirit is a very item-independent hero, and can greatly contribute to fights and ganks even with only a few basic items. Combined with her strong ganking prowess, she should focus on constantly roaming and engaging the enemy, singling out key targets for elimination to buy time and space for her team.
- Due to her skill set, Vengeful Spirit benefits from building support utility items that grant her team an advantage in fights. Her ability to displace heroes with Nether Swap means that she benefits greatly from building mobility items that help her initiate, and her low base intelligence ensures that she must purchase mana items to allow her to cast her spells more regularly.
- Magic Missile is a basic unit-targeted nuke that stuns and deals damage to the target.
- Because it is Vengeful Spirit's only damage nuke, Magic Missile is a good spell to max out first, as magic damage is more powerful in the early game when heroes have small HP pools.
- Beware that Magic Missile has a very high mana cost relative to Shendelzare's mana pool, and will deplete more than half of it at level 1. The target for Magic Missile must be chosen with care, as wasting the spell on a failed gank will set her back greatly.
- Magic Missile is a reliable stun since it will home in on its target, however it also has a very short disable duration that allows its target to act earlier. This makes Magic Missile a strong initiating stun, but also means that it requires follow-up disables from allies in order to ensure a successful kill.
- Wave of Terror is a long-ranged spell that debuffs enemy armor while dealing minor nuke damage.
- Wave of Terror is a good candidate for maxing out early in a game, since its armor reduction can soften up enemies to weaken them against physical damage. It is a strong spell at all points in the game, since physical damage becomes a stronger factor in teamfights in the late game.
- Combined with Magic Missile, Wave of Terror is a strong set-up ability that damages and debuffs a gank target after they are stunned. The combination of stun, damage and armor reduction from both abilities will greatly weaken an enemy, making them much easier to kill by Vengeful Spirit's roaming ganking partner(s).
- Despite its narrow width, Wave of Terror has an extremely long cast range, capable of inflicting its debuff on targets from far away. This allows Vengeful Spirit to get off the debuff very reliably, inflicting multiple enemies with armor reduction before the start of a teamfight.
- Wave of Terror completely penetrates spell immunity, dealing its Pure damage and armor reduction through BKB and other spell immunity abilities. While the debuff can be purged, casting Wave of Terror on an enemy who is already spell immune will cause them to retain the debuff, increasing their vulnerability during and after spell immunity.
- While it deals a very small amount of damage, Wave of Terror's long cast range allows it to be used to deal player-based damage at long range. This allows the spell to be used to put an enemy Blink Dagger on cooldown, burn their Healing Salve or Clarity, and numerous other effects.
- Wave of Terror provides vision over its travel path, allowing the spell to be used to scout enemies in the fog of war. Combined with its ability to put Blink Dagger on cooldown, Vengeful Spirit can use it to scout out hidden initiators and foul their attempts to initiate on her team. As well, the vision and damage can be used to reveal enemies inside of treelines, particularly useful for hunting down split-pushers like Tinker, Nature's Prophet and Broodmother
- Vengeance Aura is a strong attack damage aura that boosts all nearby allies' physical damage, and inflicts a negative aura upon enemies when Vengeful Spirit is killed.
- Because physical damage is very low in the early game, Vengeance Aura is best reserved to skill only after both Magic Missile and Wave of Terror are maxed out. The ability is not very strong in the early game, and is only truly effective once maxed out and teammates have enough attack speed to make use of the bonus damage.
- Combined with Wave of Terror, Vengeance Aura can greatly amplify the amount of damage that allies deal with their right-clicks in ganks and teamfights.
- Remember that when Vengeful Spirit is killed, the negative Vengeance Aura is transferred to the enemy hero who made the kill and centered on them. While it isn't possible to control who kills Vengeful Spirit, placing the debuff on their strongest physical damage carry can severely hinder their entire team.
- Beware that the negative Vengeance Aura is only transferred upon a hero landing the killing blow. Try to avoid situations where it is possible to be killed by summons, creeps or towers, as that will prevent the aura from transferring.
- Nether Swap, Vengeful Spirit's signature ability, allows her to immediately re-position herself and a target hero, enemy or ally.
- Despite its simple mechanic, Nether Swap is an extremely flexible spell, allowing Shendel to use it for a variety of purposes. Good use of Nether Swap requires impeccable positioning on Vengeful Spirit's part, but can make or break crucial teamfights and engagements, and in the right circumstances can outright win a match.
- The most basic use of Nether Swap is to displace an important enemy hero, immediately placing them in the middle of Vengeful Spirit's allies and effectively securing a guaranteed kill in the right circumstances. Similarly, it can be cast on an ally who has been caught by the enemy team, bringing them to immediate safety at the cost of her own life (albeit also inflicting the enemy with the negative Vengeance Aura).
- In the early game, try to utilize the environment and architecture to your advantage, when allies alone cannot guarantee a kill. For instance, positioning Vengeful Spirit within attack range of an allied tower before swapping with an enemy will bring them inside of the tower's range, which can be followed up with by Magic Missile to increase the number of tower attacks they are forced to take.
- Nether Swap pierces spell immunity and interrupts channeling abilities, making it a strong spell even if it is not used to explicitly gank an enemy or save a teammate. For instance, an Enigma who is channeling Black Hole can be immediately interrupted from a distance even if he has an active BKB. The same applies to Freezing Field, Death Ward, and so on. Additionally, Nether Swap can be cast to immediately break Flaming Lasso if cast from a great enough distance.
- Beware that while Nether Swap has a very long cast range, it does not deal any damage to enemy targets, which can allow players with a Blink Dagger to simply jump away after the swap. If ganking an enemy with a Blink Dagger, try to disable it with Wave of Terror first, then target them with Magic Missile after the swap.
- Keep in mind that Nether Swap can be combined with other forced movement items and abilities. For instance, Force Staff can be used to push Shendel back to safety after swapping out an enemy, and similar results can be obtained with an allied X Marks the Spot and Test of Faith (Teleport).
- Nether Swap can also make unreliable disables and nukes easier to land by allies, with good communication and timing. For instance, standing on top of a large Techies trap or in the path of an allied Sacred Arrow or Meat Hook can allow allies to instantly secure kills using Nether Swap.
- Be extremely careful about Vengeful Spirit's positioning prior to casting Nether Swap, and which heroes to cast it on. Placing an enemy initiator or disabler in the middle of Vengeful Spirit's team can allow them to initiate on them with abilities like Ravage or Echo Slam. Pick your target with care, and always be sure that Shendel herself is in a position that allies are capable of exploiting prior to swapping an enemy in.
- If being pursued by multiple heroes, Nether Swap can be used as a juking spell. By targeting it on the furthest enemy hero, Vengeful Spirit can cause the nearest pursuers to overshoot due to a sudden change in direction, giving her extra time to escape in a different direction.
- With Aghanim's Scepter, the cooldown on Nether Swap decreases drastically, and a Vengeance Illusion spawns upon her death.
- Because Vengeance Aura is possessed by the Vengeance Illusion, both the negative and positive auras can be simultaneously active, the negative centered on Shendel's killer and the positive centered on her illusion. This can provide a strong teamfight advantage for as long as the illusion is alive.
- The Vengeance Illusion spawns with all of its abilities off cooldown, meaning that it is immediately able to cast spells. Use this to get off an immediate round of spells if possible, as the enemy may attempt to focus down and destroy the illusion before it causes too much damage.
- Be mindful that as it possesses the properties of an illusion, the Vengeance Illusion can still be instantly destroyed by the right abilities. Mana Drain, Glimpse, Hex type abilities, and so on, can immediately remove the illusion from the field, so beware of the enemy's lineup and what items they possess.
- Because of her powerful utility and attributes that allow her to be built as a semi-carry, Vengeful Spirit can build numerous different items to suit the situation.
- Soul Ring is a cheap mana item that improves Vengeful Spirit's ability to roam independently. It gives her HP and mana regen, allowing her to sustain her HP and mana more easily without going back to base. The active allows her to draw on her HP pool for immediate mana, useful for getting the mana she needs to cast Magic Missile and Nether Swap.
- Urn of Shadows is a useful roaming item that gives Vengeful Spirit many powerful benefits. The bonus strength and mana regen give her more HP and help to maintain her mana pool. Charges can be easily obtained through successful ganks, and the charges can be used to heal herself or allies, synergizing with Nether Swap in keeping teammates alive, or can be used to add additional Pure damage in a gank, increasing the odds of success.
- Tranquil Boots are a powerful alternative option for a roaming Vengeful Spirit. The increased movement speed allows her to roam more effectively, chasing down enemies more quickly to stun them, while the armor helps her to survive more easily after a successful Nether Swap. The passive HP regen can replenish any HP lost during an engagement, allowing Vengeful Spirit to be ready for another gank shortly afterward.
- Arcane Boots is a good support item that helps Vengeful Spirit and any roaming partners to cast their spells. Increasing the size of Shendel's mana pool reduces the strain of casting Magic Missile and Nether Swap, and the active can allow her to replenish her own mana pool and that of teammates, whether they need their spells to function in teamfights or to kill gank targets.
- Vladmir's Offering is a utility item that increases Vengeful Spirit's teamfight presence. The aura's damage bonus stacks alongside that of Vengeance Aura, further increasing the physical damage output of nearby teammates. It also provides armor to protect Vengeful Spirit and her teammates from physical damage, and HP and mana regen to keep them topped up outside of fights.
- Aether Lens greatly improves the utility of all of Shendel's spells. It increases the size of her meager mana pool, allowing her to cast her spells more easily, and provides HP regen for improved survivability. Boosting the cast range on all of her spells allows her to stun enemies with Magic Missile from farther away, and debuff more enemies with Wave of Terror. But most importantly, it increases the cast range of Nether Swap, allowing her to displace enemies from extremely long distances.
- Eul's Scepter of Divinity can be a cheap utility item that serves multiple purposes, both in teamfights and ganks. The intelligence and mana regen bonuses will solve all of Vengeful Spirit's casting problems, and its movement speed boost allows her to position herself for casting spells or chasing down enemies more easily. The active can be used to temporarily disable secondary enemy targets while her team focuses down the primary target, or can be cast on herself to provide temporary invulnerability after a successful Nether Swap while also purging debuffs.
- Assault Cuirass is a very strong semi-carry item that drastically boosts Vengeful Spirit's damage output. The increased armor will make her extremely resilient against physical damage, while the attack speed bonus allows her and nearby allies to further capitalize on Vengeance Aura's bonus damage. The enemy armor reduction can further reduce their resistance to physical damage alongside Wave of Terror.
- Scythe of Vyse is a powerful ganking item that can help to secure guaranteed kills. While expensive, Scythe of Vyse provides an instant hard-disable that can be combined with Magic Missile to pin down gank targets reliably. The increased intelligence and mana regen also solve all of Vengeful Spirit's mana issues.
- Magic Missile is the first offensive spell available for arcane spellcaster classes in the famed RPG series, Dungeons & Dragons.
- Previous designs of Vengeful Spirit showed her with a mask that looked similar to her Vengeance Aura ability icon.
- Vengeful Spirit's fun name, "820", is a tribute to former professional DotA player 820.
- In DotA1, she was the sister of Mortred, the Phantom Assassin, and her name was Shendelzare Silkwood. In Dota 2, her lore was changed so that she became affiliated with the Skywrath, thus switching her affiliations to Dragonus, the Skywrath Mage.
- In transition to Dota2, her Aura's name was changed from Command Aura to Vengeance Aura.
July 18, 2013 Patch
- Fixed Backswing behavior for: Soul Rip, Tombstone, Cold Feet, Ice Vortex, Chilling Touch, Enfeeble, Shallow Grave, Thunder Strike, Kinetic Field, Static Storm, Malefice, Midnight Pulse, Howl, Stifling Dagger, Static Link, Shrapnel, Psionic Trap, Whirling Axes (Ranged), Storm Hammer, God's Strength, Wave of Terror, Venomous Gale, Shadow Word, Fatal Bonds, The Swarm, Time Lapse, Maledict, Overpower and Ice Shards.
March 28, 2013 Patch
- New Vengeful Spirit model.
September 13, 2012 Patch
April 12, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Vengeful Spirit's Wave of Terror affecting couriers.
March 08, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Wave of Terror hp loss not properly functioning on magic immune units.
October 06, 2011 Patch
- Vengeful Spirit's Magic Missile is more obviously a projectile now.
- Vengeful Spirit now has a new model and weapon.
September 16, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Nether Swap not destroying trees around the two locations.
September 15, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Nether Swap not destroying trees around the two locations.
August 03, 2011 Patch
- Updated Vengeful to new model.
- Fixed Vengeful Spirit's weapon drawing a square when an illusion.
August 02, 2011 Patch
- Vengeful Spirit: Fixed the range on Wave of Terror. It was huuuuge! now it's the cast range.
July 08, 2011 Patch
- Returning Hero: Vengeful Spirit (Rough Model)
July 01, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Netherswap not getting blocked by Sphere.
- Fixed Roshan/Ancients getting Netherswapped.
- Fixed Vengeance Aura not affecting Siege units.
- Fixed Wave of Terror reveal aoe being slightly lagged.
- Fixed Wave of Terror speed being lower than it should.
June 24, 2011 Patch
- Disabled Blink Dagger for Vengeful Spirit and Pudge. Disabled Quelling Blade for Kunkka.
May 26, 2011 Patch
- Fixed vision duration on Wave of Terror
- New Vengeful Spirit color pass.
March 03, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Magic Missle projectile speed.
February 19, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Vengeful Spirit's Wave of Terror not being lethal.
February 12, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Wave of Terror vision aoe being too small.
February 04, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Courier being affected by Vengeance Aura.
- Fixed Vengeful Spirit's Wave of Terror to remove health rather than do damage, so it will no longer break things like clarities.
January 30, 2011 Patch
- Fixed cases where creating a linear projectile directly on yourself would cause it to get stuck. This includes fixes to Fissure, Ghost Ship, Dragon Slave, Arrow, Impale, Waveform, Illusory Orb, Meat Hook, Burrowstrike, Wave of Terror, and Power Shot.
- Aghanim's Scepter now also causes a Vengeance Illusion to spawn at Vengeful Spirit's location whenever she dies. This illusion lasts until respawning, deals 50% damage and takes 150% damage, and can use abilities, but not items. This effect is bound to Nether Swap. [?]
- Increased Nether Swap cast range from 650/925/1200 to 700/950/1200.
- When Vengeful Spirit is killed, Vengeance Aura now inflicts her killer with a negative Vengeance Aura, which decreases the attack damage of the killer and its allies by the same values as the positive aura, within a 900 radius around the killer.
- Increased base strength and gain from 16 + 2.3 to 18 + 2.6.
- Increased Nether Swap cast range from 600/900/1200 to 650/925/1200.
- Increased Wave of Terror damage from 18.75/37.5/56.25/75 to 30/50/70/90.
- Increased agility gain from 2.35 to 2.8.
- Increased base agility from 22 to 27.
- Wave of Terror:
- Vengeful Spirit lets loose a wicked cry, weakening the armor and attack damage of enemies.
- Cast range: 1400
- Wave travel distance: 1400
- Effect radius: 350
- Armor reduction: 2/3/4/5
- Attack damage reduction: 5%/10%/15%/20%
- Duraton: 20
- Manacost: 40
- Cooldown: 15
- Notes: Provides 500 radius flying vision along the wave, which lasts for 3 seconds.
- Nether Swap now destroys trees 300 radius around Vengeful Spirit and the target upon cast.
- Nether Swap can no longer be cast on any non-hero unit.
- Reduced armor reduction from 2/3/4/6 to 2/3/4/5.
- Reduced level requirement from 3/6/9/12 to 1/5/7/9.
- Replaced Disentangle with Terror.
- Increased radius from 500 to 700.
- Increased armor reduction from 2/3/4/5 to 2/3/4/6.
- Now recquires level 3/6/9/12 to be leveled, instead of 1/3/5/7.
- By disassociating herself with this plane, Shandelzare avoids being hit by an offensive spell.
- Manacost: 0
- Cooldown: 220/160/100/40
- Notes: Passively blocks one single targeted spells when off cooldown.
- This ability was temporarily replaced by Disentangle from 6.00 to 6.04, and then replaced by Wave of Terror in the 6.58 gameplay patch.
- Places a debuff on enemy units within the radius. Leaving or entering the radius after cast has no effect.
- Only reduces base damage and that given by the primary attribute of the affected units. Raw bonus damage is not reduced.
- This ability replaced Terror in the 6.00 gameplay patch, but was replaced back by Terror in the 6.04 gameplay patch.
- This ability worked by itself passively, triggering when hit by a single targeted spell. However, the spell was manually castable with no effect, wasting the cooldown.